On 31/10/2019 at 09:12, mhcornwall said:

That's crazy. Huge congrats. Even though I imagine there are loads of envious people here.

Just out of curiosity, what is you circumstances with your application? E.g. kids etc, did you front load literally everything? Did you apply in the UK?

So many questions I know, but always good to have a yardstick

Sp excited or you and anyone here that gets the golden email.

Good to see some more grants come through! Congratulations guys!! 

I applied from Sweden so thought it would be going through the London embassy but not until they asked me to leave the country I realized it was processed through Berlin. London and Berlin had a median time of 190/191 days in the fiscal year 17-18 though but they might not be working in the same pace anymore.. 🤦‍♀️ 

To to answer your questions, no kids, not married, don’t own anything together. Together since 2016.

Frontloaded everything, but this was over 2 months time.

Had all my police checks ready (Sweden, Norway, aus) when I applied, sponsors Australian pc, he also reached 12 months in Sweden just after we applied so we got his Swedish police check too.

2,5 months after application I did medical.

I had 3x stat dec from non Australian residents 

4x form 888

Highlighted bank statements, both joint and personal accounts.

Nature of the household was mainly proven through the statement in the online form as well as with screenshots of messages between discussing grocery shopping, washing or chopping firewood etc. 

Social aspect were proven through photos of our snowboards + receipts, seasonal ski passes with both names, silly selfies of us bowling solely to use as evidence haha, photos of us out in the snow, receipt with both names renting down hill mountain bikes, this was all in one pdf called “mutual interests”

Another pdf under social aspects was “mutual friends” this was proven through photos with friends at different occasions, screenshot of our friendship on Facebook showing how long we’ve been friends + 140+ mutual friends.

6x pdf, each of them containing one overseas trip (flights, hotel, transport, 1xphoto) 

Photos of presents to each other, photos of Christmas cards sent from us to his family.

We made each other super beneficiaries, put each other down as spouses on the tax returns, made each other emergency contacts in the “health app”.

Messages between me and his family, messages between him and my family.

lease agreements x4, only had one gas bill and phone bills together as bills has always been included where we have lived.

I kept attaching updates regularly, when I arrived back in aus I made one pdf containing;

new lease agreement,

contact with landlord (as we are looking after his dog too), 

shared phone contract,

joint account bank statement for the last month (showing rent/bond etc paid for the new place),

messages between us as we’d been apart for a month,

messages between sponsors grandparents and applicant (as they picked me up at the airport),

messages between sponsor and applicants mum,

sponsors birthday present to applicant (I had my birthday while we were apart)

Applicants flights to Australia listing sponsor as emergency contact

Hopefully someone found that helpful, in case you second guessing yourself, I know I was!! 🙂 

There is is also a group on Facebook called “Partner visa Australia” if someone is interested and didn’t know about it 🙂 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Emz82 said:

Congratulationa to all those who have received their grants! Is there anyone else still waiting from December? It’s 11 months today for us and we’ve heard absolutely nothing. 😥

I thought all December were through, fingers crossed for you I'm hoping you hear next. 

I have been keeping up to date roughly with the grant time lines, I used the template used previously.  I am happy to keep updating the time for each application and hopefully when mine comes through I can pass it on for the next person to update? I was going insane but this really helped me.  As you can see the timelines are much longer than before.  If anyone wants added or dated amended (as I say it was a rough chart) just put your dates up.  Apologies if I have not added anyone but that is easy to amend 🙂

Offshore Partner Visa London (21) (1).xlsx

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, mppc said:

I have been keeping up to date roughly with the grant time lines, I used the template used previously.  I am happy to keep updating the time for each application and hopefully when mine comes through I can pass it on for the next person to update? I was going insane but this really helped me.  As you can see the timelines are much longer than before.  If anyone wants added or dated amended (as I say it was a rough chart) just put your dates up.  Apologies if I have not added anyone but that is easy to amend 🙂

Offshore Partner Visa London (21) (1).xlsx

Hey, 

Just to keep the timelines accurate, I received my 301 grant on 4/9/19. It looks just over 10 moths from lodgement. 

I found it really helpful when I was waiting for people to update their "Signature" with their timeline so it was easy to get context without scrolling back through loads of pages to see their timelines. 

I wish you all the best of luck, I know how frustrating it is waiting, but don't be too disheartened! I was someone who thought "everyone is receiving there's, what's wrong with my application?" But it will come just hang on in there! 

I have been living in Aus since mid September and loving it but definitely missing my family back home! 

Good luck everyone who's waiting from the 2018 application! 

Thank you @AK2910 its really hard waiting. I have been in Brisbane from mid July and loving it.  WE are so glad we made the move and yes the only down side is missing family and friends.  I face time my family a lot and my sister is arriving over in a few weeks so im really looking forward to showing her around.  I cant wait to hopefully get the visa approved and feel properly settled and also I am looking forward to working again.  I had to do a quick trip to New Zealand 2 weeks ago to renew my 3 month visa.  Im thinking of applying for the 600 which will give me a year but im holding off for a few weeks as i am hoping we get good news before that.  

I have updated the chart and will share it on Friday with any other info I see and do it weekly there after.

Good luck with your new life in Australia it really is the most amazing country and we are very blessed to be here 🙂 

Hi -  I’m a January applicant. Applied 29th Jan from London, RFI 16th July (husband’s Oz Police check)

In relationship for 19years, married now for nearly 15. Two children -10&8  - both citizens by decent.

Hopefully off to Brisbane.

Fingers crossed for everyone waiting.

7 hours ago, mppc said:

Thank you @AK2910 its really hard waiting. I have been in Brisbane from mid July and loving it.  WE are so glad we made the move and yes the only down side is missing family and friends.  I face time my family a lot and my sister is arriving over in a few weeks so im really looking forward to showing her around.  I cant wait to hopefully get the visa approved and feel properly settled and also I am looking forward to working again.  I had to do a quick trip to New Zealand 2 weeks ago to renew my 3 month visa.  Im thinking of applying for the 600 which will give me a year but im holding off for a few weeks as i am hoping we get good news before that.  

I have updated the chart and will share it on Friday with any other info I see and do it weekly there after.

Good luck with your new life in Australia it really is the most amazing country and we are very blessed to be here 🙂 

This is the one i was talking abot, glad someone else took it forward.

@mppc how did you find arriving in Brisbane? we will be heading that way and i wonder what it will be like landing and getting a place to rent. Looking online it seems that the Aussie rental market is mostly unfurnished unlike London where its the opposite. Did you manage to get a furnished place? we are looking at northern suburns of Brisbane around Geebung area.

Any advice or how you experienced since first landing would be great to hear.

Almost on the precipice of applying for the 600, but good to hear that you took the other option and just went on the ETA. Have you already for the second ETA approved?

Sorry in advance for the long list of questions.

Fingers crossed for another flurry of grants this week

Would suggest looking at domain.com.au for availability of furnished places.  Certain areas will be more catered for furnished simply due to location to city etc  

My previous experience (of sydney) was that furnished are few and far between so be prepared to pay premium.

Make sure it says fully furnished otherwise sometimes part furnished just means white goods included and possibly some basic furniture. The agents also like proof of income stream, references etc. Be prepared to view and apply (with bond ready) at inspection. Though that being said furnished - there can be less demand that unfurnished. 

Airbnb Can be a good short term solution when first arrive without paying premium of selfcatered place in Apart-hotels and also to try out areas. On paper sometimes looks great but when on ground can be quite different! 

5 minutes ago, Scotmeetssyd said:

Hi guys I received another RFI today which I responded to with the information immediately so hoping I don't have to wait another 6 months for a response again! This is so stressful! Arrgghhh

Hiya- great news that things are moving 🙂

do you mind me asking when you first lodged your application? 

13 minutes ago, Scotmeetssyd said:

Hi guys I received another RFI today which I responded to with the information immediately so hoping I don't have to wait another 6 months for a response again! This is so stressful! Arrgghhh

How infuriating. Could I ask what they asked for?

I’m on similar timelines, (applied 29/1) with a RFI for just Husbands OZ police check in July.  

I was Really hoping that would be it.

Fingers crossed you hear soon.