2 hours ago, Maricota said:

Everyone that have done the 600 visitor. Did you get health insurance before you applied? Freaking out here. Applied yesterday but i dont have a health insurance. Please help! 

I’m thinking of applying for a 600. Can you please please please please please let me know how you get on and how long you get. I’m wanting to apply but I’m just too worried something bad will happen. 

4 hours ago, Maricota said:

@Poppysunday sure. Will post here when i get a reply from them about 600. It shouldnt interfere with the partner visa anyway.  I just hope i get approved. Btw i got a health insurance and uploaded proof on immi account just in case. 

I know it’s quite personal to ask but how long did you ‘ask’ for? I’m worried we don’t have enough savings to get 12 months so I feel like there is not much point applying 😕 we have £5k in the bank so I’m worried they will think it’s not enough. However we will have an invite from my partners family who we will be staying with. 

I’m sure now you have insurance you’ll get it quite quickly. 

1 hour ago, Maricota said:

@Poppysunday i applied for 11 months. Lets see if they grant 6 or 12. Or if they grant it at all! Fingers crossed

i didnt upload a letter but did mention that we will be staying with my mother in law. Good idea about letter! 

Go for it! And of course let me know too

It’s the savings bit that worries me, and the fact you are only a ‘visitor’ so at immigration when arriving in Australia, so could still turn you away. It puts so much fear into me!! 

When are you planning on going? 

3 minutes ago, Maricota said:

@Poppysunday

i understand. At this stage im just sick of the winter so will give it a go ha! 

We dont have a date in mind 

what about you? 

Me too! I just want to be over, even if I have to leave! We were thinking January/February 2020. As we want to have some more savings as I don’t th j they will grant us more than 6 months on 5k AND I think as we applied in July I wouldn’t want 6 months to be up before July 2020 as I have seen from previous applications they are taking 12 months +

7 minutes ago, Maricota said:

@Poppysunday

oh i get. Makes sense!

we also thought of going Jan/Feb 2020. It will one year anniversary of my visa in Jan haha!

this wait is killing me and also messing up with plans etc. We sold our house and now in limbo because i dont want to sign for a rental contract 😞 

Oh jeeee! I can’t imagine being in that kind of limbo! Thankfully we’re renting and can just go whenever we want. Where are you going to be living in Aus? 

Hopefully with it coming up to a year you won’t have to wait too much longer 😞 it’s so sad how much we pay for this and to be waiting for something for so long 😞 

1 hour ago, mhcornwall said:

In some ways that's good to hear that there may be a reason for the delay that doesnt include just revising to look at applications.

Hoping for some movement for some of us here

It’s an awfully long wait! I am not looking forward to enduring another winter here 😞 

The wife (sponsor) is over there at the moment visiting her parents worh our daughter, so when she gets back in 10 days we will be having a big chat to see if we want to apply for and go on a 600 visa for christmas and until the visa is approved.

Sods law the visa will be approved at the same time as the 600. Maybe worth it to tempt fate.

22 hours ago, SmileyD said:

No grants but at least the Global Processing times have gone down. I was dreading looking because I was expecting them to go up! Gives me a teeny bit of hope lol. 

Is this the processing time for 309/100? My immi account is still showing 16-20 months 😬 

My partner is moving back to Australia next week, and we were hoping that my visa would have been granted by now so I was planning on flying with her (or very shortly after).  I know a 600 visa is an option but I would rather wait until my 309/100 comes through.  

Should we upload a statement to our visa application explaining the situation in that my partner is going to be living back in Melbourne?  I am unable to use the "update details" button on the sponsor application, which I assume is because we both moved to my parents in July at which point I updated our address details then. 

And help/advice is most appreciated!

Im weighing up 600 or the eta (3 minth max stay each time). My partner is already in australia for a year.

If i ship stuff, i need to provide visa to shipping company. If i go with short stay tourist visa, will i need to pay import duty because it isnt considered a temporary visa and therefore cant say it is personal effects? Same for 600 visa?? I know others have just used the details of the australian partner stating personal items but can that be done if he is already there??  Just be useful to know what people experience is. 

In terms of sponsor police checks- are they only valid for 1 year as the agent said we needed to upload his police check at time the application went in and now that 12 month is rapidly approaching so i know there will be an RFI....

I was hoping to have 309 granted by now given it is now 11 months and waiting so to avoid this stress. Doesnt help when people say to me “bet you wished you applied onshore then you wouldnt have to be apart from your partner for a year” 😡

Hi everyone!!!

Long time reader and thanks to everyone that's got me through the last 5 months since me and my wife applied.

Quick question if anyone knows the answer??? I applied in mid may, and had a medical check in June, does anyone know if these last for a set period? I know I've seen on here someone mention that they last for just 6 months, but not sure if that's right? Ideally I don't want to get an RFI ( although I know that's going to happen ) so just wondering if I contact the doctors and have another check in january time.

Naively we were hoping to move by February next year, looking less likely as the days go by though...

Thanks in advance for everyone's help!