@Emz82 so good to hear from another person that is so frustrated and know its not just me. We are 9 months in ( applied Jan/2019 and medicals done 28/02 so i will get really upset if i have to redo it too)

im constantly on foruns trying to look for news but not much happening

keep us posted if you get any contact and i will do the same. 

Just got my email to leave Australia to grant my visa!!!!!! The email did however come from Berlin (I’m swedish and applied from Sweden so wasn’t sure where it would be processed) 

Applied 15/4/19, front loaded no RFI’s.

Good luck to everyone else waiting 💛

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 4

13 minutes ago, Maricota said:

@Pegek big congrats what a relief

have you been there long before asked to leave? On a eta visa? 

Im thinking about doing the same but so unsure about the whole process!

enjoy the good news!!!

Thank you!! It is a way bigger relief than I had imagined! 

Ive only been here for two weeks, on a 12 months subclass 600.

Let me know if you have any questions about the process!

21 hours ago, Pegek said:

Thank you!! It is a way bigger relief than I had imagined! 

Ive only been here for two weeks, on a 12 months subclass 600.

Let me know if you have any questions about the process!

With the 600 visa, do you have to leave every 3 months? or can you stay for longer?

We are thinking of going down this route, but we expect to head out of Australia for new years and then come back to the UK for 2 weeks at the end of april.

Just wondering if we need to arrange another trip in between.

As @Pegek informed me earlier,  651 allows you to stay up to 3 months, 600 can be granted for 6 or 12 months and means you don’t have to leave every 3 months.  

Difference is 145 aud and timing to process. 

I too am weighing up which is best option. 

• Like 1

@GRS been looking into it today. I think i will try the 600. 

The only thing is that everyone i saw it applied to this visa was to join their partner that is already in aus. My australian partner would be coming with me. 

So im a bit worried they wouldnt approve it  as im not going with the purpose of joining him. 

Do you guys have any insight on this? Thanks! 

Hi, I flew out to Oz on a 12 month 600 visa in March with my Australian husband, after applying for spouse visa in January. The 600 visa can be used by people not applying for partner visas so shouldn’t make any difference to approval for either.

@Flaire thanks for the info! Good to know

does anyone know if the 600 counts from when you are granted the visa or do they give a date? I am thinking about flying end of Jan but want to apply for visa now to start making plans or not in case its refused! Im just scared they grant and time starts counting. Anyone has any info on this? Thanks!!

3 hours ago, Maricota said:

@Flaire thanks for the info! Good to know

does anyone know if the 600 counts from when you are granted the visa or do they give a date? I am thinking about flying end of Jan but want to apply for visa now to start making plans or not in case its refused! Im just scared they grant and time starts counting. Anyone has any info on this? Thanks!!

It gives you 6 or 12 months from the day you arrive, and it gives you a year to enter Australia 🙂 

3 hours ago, Poppysunday said:

So we applied for 309/100 in July. We would love to be in Aus sooner.

if I fly over on a 600, without a ticket back, is that ok? As long as I can show funds for my stay etc. 

If so that would be amazing!!!! 

I left Sweden on a 12 months 600 visa with Thai air on a one way ticket and wasn’t questioned. 

There was someone here on the forum having trouble a while back though but can’t remember airline/airport?

My plan was to book a random open ticket home if someone questioned me 😬 

8 minutes ago, Maricota said:

@Pegek yes im hoping so! So it would mean i can work and spend my money having cocktails by the beach!! 

We are going to Gold Coast where husband is from. What about you? 

Haha yeah that’s it!! Very nice 🥳

We live 3 hours south of Perth, Margaret River 

1 hour ago, Pegek said:

I left Sweden on a 12 months 600 visa with Thai air on a one way ticket and wasn’t questioned. 

There was someone here on the forum having trouble a while back though but can’t remember airline/airport?

My plan was to book a random open ticket home if someone questioned me 😬 

I really just hate being in the UK now. Thinking maybe after Xmas I will just give up and go! We will be flying with Emirates. 

It's so quiet I can't understand what the hold up is, I arrived on the 3 month holiday visa I had running from last November. I left last week as my 3 months was up to renew and I was stopped at border control. It was nerve wracking but I knew I had done everything right. After a quick check to confirm I was let through. This is so hard I feel like my life is on hold as yes I'm here but I'm in limbo. I do hope we get grants approved and movement starts soon as waiting is driving me crazy. Fingers crossed! 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, mppc said:

It's so quiet I can't understand what the hold up is, I arrived on the 3 month holiday visa I had running from last November. I left last week as my 3 months was up to renew and I was stopped at border control. It was nerve wracking but I knew I had done everything right. After a quick check to confirm I was let through. This is so hard I feel like my life is on hold as yes I'm here but I'm in limbo. I do hope we get grants approved and movement starts soon as waiting is driving me crazy. Fingers crossed! 

Totally agree. I had a down week and went through so many emotions. Angry, sad and confused. And there are so many people on here who lodged earlier than me so I can only imagine how they feel. The long wait is one thing but with no grants?! Is something going on? I thought the UK was supposed to be one of the quicker ones. 

• Confused 1

Been feeling the same this week. This happened about 4-6 weeks ago before we saw theater 2018 applications being processed.

Just any movement would be great to see.

We are just on the verge of applying for the 600 visa.

Havent done any research on it, but w
Do you need any evidence when applying?

Also still wondering if you have to leave every 3 months. Anyone know what the specifics are after its granted?

I'm not 100 percent but it would definately be a less expensive  option and also more security to go for the year visa. It cost me 760 dollars for return flights to New Zealand as apposed to the 600 visa fee. 

It's just so frustrating, you would think being married to an Australian and the cost/work involved that it would be a little easier or at least get a reply to let us know the RFI was sufficient. It's been 5 months from I sent mine off and I'm panicking I will get another one as I have no idea if it's enough. 

My father in-law was diagnosed a week after we arrived with inoperable pancreatic cancer, it's causing such heartache for the whole family but especially my father-in-law who just wants us here settled and knows the decision has been made and we won't have to leave him. I can't even sleep I am so stressed, praying we get an update/answer soon.

Edited by mppc

So we’re going to apply for a 600 in January and aim to travel in February.

We applied for 309/100 in July and front loaded everything apart from medical. 

We will have around £5000 in our bank account as savings. For anyone who has applied for a 600 and travelled from the U.K. can you help me? 

We will be flying one way with Emirates. Me (British) fiancé (Aus brit dual national) and our 1 year old daughter (Aus passport). I am employed and will be employed still when we leave. We’re going to be living with my partners parents anyway, so they are supporting us on the 309 and the 600 anyway. So the way we look at it we’re going for a long Aussie holiday up to a year. 

So what kind of things do they ask for when applying for the 600 and can anyone recommend a good insurance?