Hello - thought I'd add our timeline as well incase it's helpful to anyone.

Lodged - June 14th 2019.

Police checks and medical - August 2019.

De facto for just over 3 years. No kids. I'm an Australian citizen and my partner is from Wales.

Good luck to everyone else waiting!

12 hours ago, mppc said:

@Butterflies1988 exact same day, I'm hoping it's enough. It's horrible waiting with no word. I rang last week to check dates as I am on a tourist visa and gave to leave come back and they checked my 309 at the time saying I uploaded very quickly and everything in order. I have been at further assessment from may really praying we hear good news. Fingers crossed for you 🙂

That's good news I keep debating ringing but then don't. I've only just qualified so it's really hard for me to start applying for jobs and I daren't  till we get the green light so i just feel like everything is on hold ! I just feel like Fridays keep coming and going but I keep waiting for a post from you to say you've had good news as I know your dates are similar 😁😁

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pegek said:

Hi guys!

Long time lurker here, thought it was time to contribute with my timeline in case there will be some movement soon that can help others.

I am however not sure whether London or Berlin is processing my application as I’m a Swedish citizen applying from Sweden. Either way Berlin had a median time of 190 days and London 191 days during the fiscal year 17-18. So processing time may still be fairly similar.

Lodge 309/100 April 15 2019

Medical done July 2nd

Front loaded with all our police checks.

Been in a de facto relationship since 1st of December 2016. No kids.

12 months subclass 600 granted in 3 days, leaving this Sunday for Australia to await decision.

Fingers crossed for everyone here in the forum, the grant letter will come soon for all of us!! 

Did you have to get medical again for subclass 600? I am planning to apply for subclass 600 for my wife. What documents did you submit?

3 hours ago, Nitin said:

Did you have to get medical again for subclass 600? I am planning to apply for subclass 600 for my wife. What documents did you submit?

And I just attached proof of funds and a cover letter, I was about to attach a letter from employer as well but the visa was was approved before I had the chance of doing it 

12 hours ago, Pegek said:

No it is valid for 12 months so it automatically clears on 600 application 🙂 

What is difference between evisitor 651 and 600 visa?

And which is preferred for those who have shifted across while waiting for partner visa? 

12 minutes ago, GRS said:

What is difference between evisitor 651 and 600 visa?

And which is preferred for those who have shifted across while waiting for partner visa? 

Evisitor 651 allows you to stay up to 3 months, 600 can be granted for 6 or 12 months and means you don’t have to leave every 3 months 🙂 

On 24/09/2019 at 22:46, mppc said:

I had a RFI 4 months ago and uploaded the information within 2 days, not a single word from then.

Anyone else on the same time line as me? Hoping this week is the week it's been so slow. 

Hi mppc

Your dates are the same as mine i also have not heard anything since RFI mid May....getting impatient!

Hi all,

Been stalking this for a while! It’s giving me some kind of vague timeline for our visa arriving which has improved my mental state considerably! 🤣 

We applied 3rd March 2019 and uploaded police checks and medical by beginning of July. 

Heard nothing as yet. Obvs.

just seeing that others seem to have separate logins for the sponsor (me) and the applicant (my husband). Ours seem to be linked to the same account. My sponsor section is like a tab with my name on it when you click on the application. Have I gone horribly wrong? I’ve uploaded all of my stuff in there. 

Hope someone can shed some light on this 🧐 

Hoping to go in January regardless of visa as we have sold our flat already and will be nomads from November! 

X

Hi all,
Been stalking this for a while! It’s giving me some kind of vague timeline for our visa arriving which has improved my mental state considerably! 🤣 
We applied 3rd March 2019 and uploaded police checks and medical by beginning of July. 
just seeing that others seem to have separate logins for the sponsor (me) and the applicant (my husband). Ours seem to be linked to the same account. My sponsor section is like a tab with my name on it when you click on the application. Have I gone horribly wrong? I’ve uploaded all of my stuff in there. 
Hoping to go in January regardless of visa as we have sold our flat already and will be nomads from November! 
X

Hi,

Your timeline is similar to mine. I applied on 19th March, front loaded everything including medical and police checks but I’ve heard nothing. My wife and I have separate immi accounts and they appear to be linked in the same way as yours.

Fingers crossed!

2 hours ago, SaskiaZ said:

Hi all,

X

Welcome to our crazy world! Lol. 

We lodged March 11. We had one immi account (my partners) and I as the sponsor did my part inside his account. Sounds like what you have done. 

6 minutes ago, JoeMcC said:

SmileyD, you’re on a similar timeline as well. Have you had any RFI’s?

Nope. Nothing at all. Uploaded medical and police checks within a month of lodging. 

I hope the wait times aren’t anything like the Global Processing times listed. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SaskiaZ said:

Hi all,

X

We have 2 separate IMMI accounts. All evidence and attachments etc are upload on my partners account (the applicant). The bulk is uploaded under his name/tab on his account, and any documents specific to me only (my birth certificate, police clearance etc) is uploaded under my name/tab (the sponsor). I have asked this question before and had the advice that it is okay to upload evidence this way.

However I still think you need to have separate IMMI accounts. You use the TRN (reference number) from the applicants account to link to the sponsors account. And then as the sponsor you have to complete the online application - Sponsorship for a partner to migrate to Australia (equivalent to form 40sp I think, but online not an actual form?). This is another series of questions, similar to what would have been answered when the applicant created their account but obviously this time relating to the sponsor instead. Essentially it is the sponsor's application.. 

Someone with more knowledge feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but that is my understanding of it!

Nope. Nothing at all. Uploaded medical and police checks within a month of lodging. 
I hope the wait times aren’t anything like the Global Processing times listed. 

I think most UK based applications are being processed within 12 months but as we all know there are no guarantees. Good luck
  • Like 1

We have 2 separate IMMI accounts. All evidence and attachments etc are upload on my partners account (the applicant). The bulk is uploaded under his name/tab on his account, and any documents specific to me only (my birth certificate, police clearance etc) is uploaded under my name/tab (the sponsor). I have asked this question before and had the advice that it is okay to upload evidence this way.
However I still think you need to have separate IMMI accounts. You use the TRN (reference number) from the applicants account to link to the sponsors account. And then as the sponsor you have to complete the online application - Sponsorship for a partner to migrate to Australia (equivalent to form 40sp I think, but online not an actual form?). This is another series of questions, similar to what would have been answered when the applicant created their account but obviously this time relating to the sponsor instead. Essentially it is the sponsor's application.. 
Someone with more knowledge feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but that is my understanding of it!

Think you are spot on!
  • Thanks 1

If you do the medical before being requested, do they process the medical straight away or do they wait to process it until after they request it? 

We applied a few months ago and I have a pre existing condition so I want to find out if I pass the medical or not to put my mind at rest. 

2 hours ago, Butterflies1988 said:

I dont have 2 separate accounts both done in one account ... Will this be a problem?? I'm sure my mum did it this way too and was granted her visa but I will have to double check with her 🤔🤔🤨

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/partner-offshore/provisional-309#HowTo

I thought you did need separate immi accounts, but to be honest I cannot say if this is 100% the case. If you look on the immi website in the above link it does say you can use your partners / the applicants immi account or create your own as the sponsor. So I assume by this wording then maybe it does mean it is okay to leave it as you have it.... Though please don't take my word for it! I am just a fellow sponsor muddling my way through trying to make sense of it all 🙃

I am sure there would be many people who did everything under the one account previously, particularly as the information on how to complete the application as a whole can be a bit ambiguous. It doesn't prompt you to create a separate account as a sponsor and do the online sponsor application. I did it based on advice I took from endless reading of forums advising to do so when we applied for the visa. With the new stricter rules of sponsors having to be approved first though I wouldn't be surprised if this is what needs to be done going forward or even what they expect of people now even if not properly instructed that it is the case... 

Maybe it will be that if it is required you will get an RFI requesting for it to be completed. For me I figured I would rather create my own account and do the sponsor application that way rather than take a risk of not doing it. 

If anyone else has experience or thoughts on this it will be interesting to get your understanding of it

3 hours ago, Butterflies1988 said:

I dont have 2 separate accounts both done in one account ... Will this be a problem?? I'm sure my mum did it this way too and was granted her visa but I will have to double check with her 🤔🤔🤨

Hi, you would need two accounts.

We just had one like you, uploaded everything under my (applicant) account but sponsor name all of the sponsor documents.

And in July we had an RFI just for a separate account for a sponsor.

Since then is very quiet, so I feel like it was a big overlook from our side to not have those two accounts from the beginning and extended our wait.

But you live and learn, we created a separate account for my husband now and waiting for any news, hopefully soonish :)

13 hours ago, ga_brysia said:

Hi, you would need two accounts.

We just had one like you, uploaded everything under my (applicant) account but sponsor name all of the sponsor documents.

And in July we had an RFI just for a separate account for a sponsor.

Since then is very quiet, so I feel like it was a big overlook from our side to not have those two accounts from the beginning and extended our wait.

But you live and learn, we created a separate account for my husband now and waiting for any news, hopefully soonish 🙂

Hi thanks for the reply. I just checked with my mum who went through the process around 9 months ago and she said that she did it all under one immi account , she just did a new application . I wonder why they request different things from different people 🤔 

I think it sounds like there might be two different scenarios going on when using the one account. 

1. Applicant has the one account and people uploaded the sponsor documents under the sponsor name with the applicants claim  

2. Applicant has one account and in that account the sponsor does their own application which is the 40sp. 

Mine is the second one. My name appears twice in his account. my name sits inside his application  and also in my own name under the his account. 

On 25/09/2019 at 16:05, Ryem said:

Hello - thought I'd add our timeline as well incase it's helpful to anyone.

Lodged - June 14th 2019.

Police checks and medical - August 2019.

De facto for just over 3 years. No kids. I'm an Australian citizen and my partner is from Wales.

Good luck to everyone else waiting!

good to know some movement has happened for those of us applied in June of this year. All we had was our agent asking us to submit our sponsor app in July and nothing since then 😞 . We aren't planning on moving till June next year when my Visa and my partners visas will both expire for the UK. hopefully sorted before then or i may off to the US for the unforseen future 😞