1 hour ago, Shell said:

Found a couple of links I thought people might find handy. Its about the migration program and the current numbers set.  Helps explains the long wait!

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/what-we-do/migration-program-planning-levels

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/research-and-statistics/statistics/visa-statistics/live/migration-program

Thanks for this. There is also a problem with a backlog of applications partly due to the government applying a limit to the number of spousal visas which I believe is against the constitution. 

https://independentaustralia.net/politics/politics-display/partner-visas-another-dutton-scandal,12649

56 minutes ago, Emz82 said:

Thanks for this. There is also a problem with a backlog of applications partly due to the government applying a limit to the number of spousal visas which I believe is against the constitution. 

https://independentaustralia.net/politics/politics-display/partner-visas-another-dutton-scandal,12649

Thanks for this. Ahh makes me sick to think about it. We almost went down the route of applying out there... kind of wish we had. 

I applied on 19th March in the UK and my application still shows the status as ‘received’. I know the applications are taking a long time but I thought I might have progressed to the next stage by now, whatever that might be. Does anyone know if this is normal?

28 minutes ago, JoeMcC said:

I applied on 19th March in the UK and my application still shows the status as ‘received’. I know the applications are taking a long time but I thought I might have progressed to the next stage by now, whatever that might be. Does anyone know if this is normal?

I lodged in October and didn't hear till April

• Like 1

We applied on the 9th Feb and had the RFI on the 24th July. Looking like ro get the initial look they have is taking about 5 1/2 months. But maybe delayed because of the financial year

• Like 1

Friends that have gone back to oz have used seven seas and they were great.

We will be using them as well and we will be using the movecube option so we can shift more.

They also do a great online quote that comes back immediately.

[mention=274667]Belfastchild[/mention] we used 7 seas and they were fantastic! We could track all the way and we got straight through customs no bother. Door to door service and everything intact sent from NI. Good luck with the move! 

I've known loads of people from my Rugby team to use PSS Removals

22 hours ago, Belfastchild said:

Hi guys, the move is a month away and I need to get about 100kg of stuff sent over. Can anyone recommend a shipping company. I’ll be sending from Northern Ireland.

Thanks.

It took me just over a year to get my PMV granted, but my 820 took four days! I was pretty astounded at the speed - no sooner had I applied and been granted a Bridging Visa, I got a phonecall from my CO asking to quickly upload my marriage certificate so she could process my application. My Bridging visa wasn't even needed as my PMV hadn't even expired yet.

Now a provisional resident - time for the long wait until permanent!

How is everyone getting on?

Hey all! Joining this thread

We front loaded (minus medical) on the 22/7

I am british, partner is Australian but is also a dual national for U.K. we have a daughter who is a dual citizen together. 

Were going to be living in the blue mountains west of Sydney! Can’t wait to be back. 

Heard nothing yet of course! Just patiently waiting. Seems like the UK is so slow at applications atm! Someone in Nepal, their partner VISA took only 3 months 😣

So i was looking at FAQs and somehow ended up on the german Australian high commission website: 

3. Can my application be processed sooner?

To be fair to everyone, applications are processed in the order they are received. .

Hmm. Assuming people who applied online from Uk would be allocated to UK - Their processing just seems very haphazard and not in order of receipt.

9 months now ..and nothing. 

With the official waiting times and as someone pointed out jn an earlier post, reality is now setting in that i could still be separated from partner until june 2020 (or even later as that is only 90% of applications being processed). 

My optimism (like the pound) is slowly in decline as the clock ticks down.....😕

6 minutes ago, GRS said:

So i was looking at FAQs and somehow ended up on the german Australian high commission website: 

3. Can my application be processed sooner?

To be fair to everyone, applications are processed in the order they are received. .

Hmm. Assuming people who applied online from Uk would be allocated to UK - Their processing just seems very haphazard and not in order of receipt.

9 months now ..and nothing. 

With the official waiting times and as someone pointed out jn an earlier post, reality is now setting in that i could still be separated from partner until june 2020 (or even later as that is only 90% of applications being processed). 

My optimism (like the pound) is slowly in decline as the clock ticks down.....😕

All applications will go into one big pot so to speak - it doesn't matter where you are applying from.

Its such a hard wait, I'm in Brisbane at the min it's a gamble we took. Going on 8 months now and a request for further information was in May. Just hope I don't get another one and it goes straight through.  Maybe we will get a flurry soon before we all go crazy! 

Hi all, happy to hear about recent grants! Hope you enjoy Perth and Geelong @Meath Lass and @Edinlass. We are intending to head to Sunny Coast to be near family there. Looking at ideas for back up plans as it looks like many people have been in for a long wait. I have heard alot about people going over on a visitor visa while waiting for the 309, then leaving oz to get their grant. Does anyone on here know if the working holiday visa could work in a similar way? 

12 hours ago, baloosy said:

Hi all, happy to hear about recent grants! Hope you enjoy Perth and Geelong @Meath Lass and @Edinlass. We are intending to head to Sunny Coast to be near family there. Looking at ideas for back up plans as it looks like many people have been in for a long wait. I have heard alot about people going over on a visitor visa while waiting for the 309, then leaving oz to get their grant. Does anyone on here know if the working holiday visa could work in a similar way? 

We are moving to the sunny coast also. Where about a are u guys moving to