1 hour ago, TWright105 said:

I found this tracker from a while back on this forum, and looks like this time last year there was a bit of a lull too... Maybe they've hit a quota or something as is the reason for the lack of grants at the moment? 😕

Offshore Partner Visa London (3).xlsx

our MARA agent said to apply just before 1st July as thats then their quota reset so we'd likely be on the 'top' of the new years pile and may get processed faster'

Been following this for a few weeks now, and its been interesting to follow people's time lines. Looks like we are in for a wait. 

Applied 26/06/19

Married 5 years.  Three children with Duel Cit. Looking forward to getting home again. 

On 08/08/2019 at 12:50, Shaggylom said:

hey all, joining in on the thread as i constantly scroll through thought i'd participate.  Anyone here used a MARA Agent to do theres? We submitted my application on 24th June 2019 and then Sponsor application went in 20th July 2019 so now just playing the waiting game. Probably made things lots easier prepping for the application but as someone who likes control over everything it's annoying i can't log in and check daily on the status hahah.

Hi,

I found this website where you can check if you have a valid visa using your TRN, DOB and Passport number rather then badgering your agent to check the immi account.

Not 100% if its completely up to date every day but atleast it gives you something to look at.

https://online.immi.gov.au/evo/firstParty

As my ticket to go to Australia is booked for within the next three weeks, I applied for a tourist visa, and I received it today.

The stress of not receiving my 309 has lessened slightly as I can now legally enter the country when I fly even if it is as a tourist!

Having said this, from my previous tourist visa experiences, I normally waited around 1-2 days for the grant which is also what they estimate their processing time as. However, I applied last Wednesday and received it today so, 4 business days which isn't bad but definitely the longest I've waited for one. Seems all their visa departments are running a bit slower.

• Like 2

I decided not to let this silly visa process control my life. I’m in aus and partner is in uk. I’ve just booked a holiday to uk in November. This is what I’m focusing on now, not the visa. It’s causing so much stress amongst us all and making it difficult to plan life in general. 

@AK2910 I hope it comes for you soon! Happy you have decided to come over on a visitor visa so you can get on with things (as much as you can). 

Bring on some grants!!!!

• Like 1

I hear you ladies, good for you @SmileyD it's hard waiting but a focus is good.  @AK2910 I have been in Australia coming on 5 weeks. We are so glad we made the move even though it's stressful waiting but I'm keeping busy painting our house and helping out where I can with family. 

Fingers crossed this is the week xx

5 minutes ago, LR&EA 19 said:

Hi All,

I have been following this chat for a long time now.

just wanted to ease the pain and say I’ve just had my Golden email.

timeline:

uploaded-28 Oct 2018

RFI- 01 April 2019

RFI- 30 April 2019.

Grant- 20 Aug 2019.

@AK2910 you have a very similar timeline to me and I got my grant at 18:30 so may be worth checking your emails.

10 minutes ago, LR&EA 19 said:

Hi All,

jut wanted to ease the pain and say I’ve just had my Golden email.

timeline:

uploaded-28 Oct 2018

RFI- 01 April 2019

RFI- 30 April 2019.

Grant- 20 Aug 2019.

Amazing!! Congratulations!🎉🎉

I'm doing mine through an agent so will definitely check with her tomorrow! 

1 hour ago, LR&EA 19 said:

Hi All,

timeline:

uploaded-28 Oct 2018

RFI- 01 April 2019

RFI- 30 April 2019.

Grant- 20 Aug 2019.

Congratulations @LR&EA 19! So happy for you! Hopefully we’ll see some more grants this week.X

Huge congrats. Glad to see a grant come through.

Hi All,

timeline:
uploaded-28 Oct 2018
RFI- 01 April 2019
RFI- 30 April 2019.
Grant- 20 Aug 2019.

Gongrats guys on your approvals!!! SO exciting.

I wanted to ask anyone who's entered Australia on a tourist visa while waiting for the 309/100 approval:

a) Did you only book a one way ticket? with no return flight and if so;

b) what were the immirgration officers like when you entered?

Did they grill you on only having a one way ticket? I do think it will be down to the specific officer you get possibly?

Hi @KFR, I arrived 5 weeks ago with a one way ticket. I was nervous coming through customs but I didn't get stopped. I made sure I had enough money cash with me and in my account to prove if needed or when my visa hopefully gets approved I can get a flight out. I brought a personal file with visa details too so that I could show if stopped.  

10 minutes ago, mppc said:

Hi @KFR, I arrived 5 weeks ago with a one way ticket. I was nervous coming through customs but I didn't get stopped. I made sure I had enough money cash with me and in my account to prove if needed or when my visa hopefully gets approved I can get a flight out. I brought a personal file with visa details too so that I could show if stopped.  

Yea cool no worries. I was thinking it would be something like that. Make sure my partner has bank statements showing cash in bank accounts etc.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LR&EA 19 said:

@AK2910 you have a very similar timeline to me and I got my grant at 18:30 so may be worth checking your emails.

@LR&EA 19This is amazing! Huge congratulations! I have near identical timeline to you and @AK2910 so fingers crossed! I am desperately not trying to get too excited but this is AMAZING news and hopefully we will see a stream of them now. Best of luck for the future!! xx

• Like 1

On 17/08/2019 at 12:07, DPA said:

Hi,

I found this website where you can check if you have a valid visa using your TRN, DOB and Passport number rather then badgering your agent to check the immi account.

Not 100% if its completely up to date every day but atleast it gives you something to look at.

https://online.immi.gov.au/evo/firstParty

excellent! good to know 🙂