I am now 9 months post lodgement! Everyday hoping that the golden email has come through! 

I also hope @roomummy is right in that once you receive an RFI you are put into a new RFI pile and not to that back of ALL applications. 

I'm trying to stay as positive as I can but it is extremely challenging, as most of you know! But try think of it as, every day gone by is one day closer to receiving that golden email! 

Keep positive everyone and please post if you receive any kind of communication from immigration! I know seeing others receive emails keeps me going! 

3 hours ago, AK2910 said:

I am now 9 months post lodgement! Everyday hoping that the golden email has come through! 

I also hope @roomummy is right in that once you receive an RFI you are put into a new RFI pile and not to that back of ALL applications. 

I'm trying to stay as positive as I can but it is extremely challenging, as most of you know! But try think of it as, every day gone by is one day closer to receiving that golden email! 

Keep positive everyone and please post if you receive any kind of communication from immigration! I know seeing others receive emails keeps me going! 

I wonder what the hold up is. I lodged mine a week before you and got my grant more or less exactly 6 months later. I kept updating information throughout the 6 months if that made a difference. 

Hi all,

I am from the U.K. and my husband is Australian, we have been married for 10 years. We applied for my visa about 6 weeks ago but am now worrying that we have missed out something- 

I completed the applicant application, paid the fee and upload loads of evidence. But my husband hasn’t lodged a separate application or form 40SP - should he? We uploaded his documents within his section on my application page (eg birth cert/ address etc etc) any advice appreciated!

thanks 🙂

We completed the online 40SP by creating an immi account for my wife. I would submit this so they cant come back for the information later.

So many variables with forms etc that's it's a hit confusing what and what not to fill out. Good luck

Hi all,
I am from the U.K. and my husband is Australian, we have been married for 10 years. We applied for my visa about 6 weeks ago but am now worrying that we have missed out something- 
I completed the applicant application, paid the fee and upload loads of evidence. But my husband hasn’t lodged a separate application or form 40SP - should he? We uploaded his documents within his section on my application page (eg birth cert/ address etc etc) any advice appreciated!
thanks [emoji846]

Hi everyone,

New to this forum but 9 months waiting. Partner is born Australian and lived in the UK for 7 years, been together 2 and a half years, no kids.

Just thought I would update you on our journey so far:

309/100 front loaded application (no agent) - 06 November 2018

Request for More Information ( Medical & Police Check ) - 09 April 2019

Request for More Information ( Partner's UK Police Check ) - 01 June 2019

Updated Change in circumstance ( We got engaged ) - 01 July 2019

Radio silence since...

Will be moving to Melbourne

It has been great watching the thread and hoping. Good luck to everyone.

1 hour ago, AH88 said:

Hi everyone,

New to this forum but 9 months waiting. Partner is born Australian and lived in the UK for 7 years, been together 2 and a half years, no kids.

Just thought I would update you on our journey so far:

309/100 front loaded application (no agent) - 06 November 2018

Request for More Information ( Medical & Police Check ) - 09 April 2019

Request for More Information ( Partner's UK Police Check ) - 01 June 2019

Updated Change in circumstance ( We got engaged ) - 01 July 2019

Radio silence since...

Will be moving to Melbourne

It has been great watching the thread and hoping. Good luck to everyone.

Welcome to the forum @AH88! My timeline is fairly similar to yours, just a waiting game now unfortunately. 

But it's nice to have people who understand to share the experience with!

On 31/07/2019 at 10:31, mppc said:

This wait is awful, I feel for you's both. The fact we can't contact anyone makes it more frustrating. I'm just behind you's so fingers crossed. I have actually lost hope as every week I'm thinking this is it only for a big fat nothing. Trying to stay positive but it's getting very hard. 

I agree - the waiting in silence is the worst. I find myself checking my immi account everyday. 

So we finally have all the evidence needed for the RFI that came through and about to upload.

Do we just upload in the relevant sections? or do we need to upload in a specific section? does anyone also know if we have to notify our caseworker that the evidence has been uploaded? if so, does anyone know how to do this?

So nervous now the RFI has come through and dont want to do anything wrong

9 minutes ago, mhcornwall said:

So we finally have all the evidence needed for the RFI that came through and about to upload.

Do we just upload in the relevant sections? or do we need to upload in a specific section? does anyone also know if we have to notify our caseworker that the evidence has been uploaded? if so, does anyone know how to do this?

So nervous now the RFI has come through and dont want to do anything wrong

Just uploaded and pressed the confirm button at the bottom to see this message on the next page

"Your update was successful. The application will be assigned for processing as soon as possible in line with departmental priorities."

fingers crossed like everyone is saying that this doesn't go to the back of the big queue. Can see a bit of a delay due to the change of government and financial year that appears to have put at least a month delay on things

20 hours ago, mhcornwall said:

Just uploaded and pressed the confirm button at the bottom to see this message on the next page

"Your update was successful. The application will be assigned for processing as soon as possible in line with departmental priorities."

fingers crossed like everyone is saying that this doesn't go to the back of the big queue. Can see a bit of a delay due to the change of government and financial year that appears to have put at least a month delay on things

Hopefully we have some grants this week, last week was v quiet! 

Out of curiosity, what is the processing office for your visa? It should say a the bottom of your RFI email. Ours is London, and I'm curious as to which countries move quicker than others...

• Like 1

It's the london office at the aussie high com.

Our officer is called Axxxxxxx if that matters.

Wonder how many people they have working onnthe cases.

17 hours ago, TWright105 said:
Hopefully we have some grants this week, last week was v quiet! 

Out of curiosity, what is the processing office for your visa? It should say a the bottom of your RFI email. Ours is London, and I'm curious as to which countries move quicker than others...
Edited by MaggieMay24
Removing CO name - only initials allowed

I just had a look at my application is being dealt with at the London office too. However, one RFI was from (name removed) and the second from (name removed). Interesting that it is not one person assigned to a case, and that it goes to anyone in the dept it seems.

🤞🏽 always crossed that more grants come through this week! 

Hi all, 

I am with all of you, crossing my fingers and checking this forum many times daily and refreshing my emails 08:00-17:00 probably twice an hour. Genuinely thought I would be able to keep it all together but waiting is actually really awful. 

I just wondered if anyone could help with something- I did my application and my partner created an account for the 40SP and added my reference number - so both our online forms have the same reference. His sections for documents to upload were all really different, about military (he’s never been in the military) and some other bits- largely irrelevant- so we uploaded all of his documents on my side of the application under his name there. We thought that the accounts would merge so we could see attachments from both ends, or at the very least see the attachments for him from his login- but we can’t. To be safe we decided to upload a copy of his 40SP as an attachment under my username.  We have left it like that for months but the closer it’s getting the more I’m worrying about it, as someone had an RFI for further info as a ‘copy’ of the 40SP wasn’t sufficient and they were requested to complete the online form. I’m worrying that there might be an error with ours and maybe that’s why it’s not merged properly.

Has anyone else's two accounts merged fully or does it sound similar to what we have with our application? Any advice or info would be really appreciated

Just logged onto my immi account and realised that there was a button at the bottom of my attach documents section to confirm that requested documents had been uploaded.  After clicking this button my application has gone to "Further assessment" from "Initial assessment". has this happened to anyone else?

Checked mine earlier today and noticed mine is now at further assessment.

Fingers crossed they process them quickly.

Just logged onto my immi account and realised that there was a button at the bottom of my attach documents section to confirm that requested documents had been uploaded.  After clicking this button my application has gone to "Further assessment" from "Initial assessment". has this happened to anyone else?

Hello again! How did you complete the form 40SP?

a paper form and then scan/upload or is there an online one?

Everytime my husband tries to print the paper version a few questions are missed off the end!

Just wondering if there are any tips? many thanks and good luck everyone!

56 minutes ago, EsBear said:

Hello again! How did you complete the form 40SP?

a paper form and then scan/upload or is there an online one?

Everytime my husband tries to print the paper version a few questions are missed off the end!

Just wondering if there are any tips? many thanks and good luck everyone!

Hey,

I think it’s best to do the online form now as I think that the uploaded paper version wasn’t accepted for @ga_brysia last month and they were had a RFI for the online form to be completed.

The sponsor creates their own immi account and supplies the sponsee’s visa reference number then the two accounts should merge I think (although I don’t quite know how this happens/what it looks like as I’m worried ours isn’t quite right). The sponsor then has to complete pretty much all the same things - the sections on the nature of relationship, travel history etc. To be safe we made a copy of the online form that my partner completed and uploaded it as an attachment on my application. 

1E8AD15E-23A2-41B4-8FB1-34FC2CA4F961.thumb.png.0dba4f98a36bc3ce0c442bf9b049b2ed.png

As above. My wife created her own immi account and linked to my application.

Once this was done I think she has 18 pages to complete compared to 26 pages roughly, on my side. Much the same to be honest with the basic personal info and then accounts of each area of the relationship from her side.

When this linked on my account I could then see her name to upload evidence such as ID docs etc

When my wife was completing her side you can see 40SP down at the bottom

Good luck

Hey,
I think it’s best to do the online form now as I think that the uploaded paper version wasn’t accepted for@ga_brysia last month and they were had a RFI for the online form to be completed.
The sponsor creates their own immi account and supplies the sponsee’s visa reference number then the two accounts should merge I think (although I don’t quite know how this happens/what it looks like as I’m worried ours isn’t quite right). The sponsor then has to complete pretty much all the same things - the sections on the nature of relationship, travel history etc. To be safe we made a copy of the online form that my partner completed and uploaded it as an attachment on my application. 

1E8AD15E-23A2-41B4-8FB1-34FC2CA4F961.thumb.png.0dba4f98a36bc3ce0c442bf9b049b2ed.png

20 hours ago, mhcornwall said:

When this linked on my account I could then see her name to upload evidence such as ID docs etc 

Thanks for this , we have added evidence for my husband from my end too. We just don’t see the evidence on his side when he logs in. Can your wife see what you uploaded onto your login?

Hi All - question for those of you who have had your visa approved....Did you have to send your passport off? We read somewhere that you have to send your passport off for them to stamp your passport? Just wanted to know if this was the case from people who have already had their 309/100 visa approved. Thank you! 

Edited by KFR

I dont think so. To be honest after she completed her form we havent logged in to her account again.

We will need to soon as we have to apply for our little ones aussie citizenship via descent now she has fu ally joined the work a couple of months ago.

Thanks for this , we have added evidence for my husband from my end too. We just don’t see the evidence on his side when he logs in. Can your wife see what you uploaded onto your login?

2 hours ago, KFR said:

Hi All - question for those of you who have had your visa approved....Did you have to send your passport off? We read somewhere that you have to send your passport off for them to stamp your passport? Just wanted to know if this was the case from people who have already had their 309/100 visa approved. Thank you! 

No, your visa is linked to your passport and is automatically activated when you enter Australia. I’ve been here two weeks ^^