13 hours ago, Ticklebug74 said:

We applied early February. No RFI. We did not use an agent and front loaded the application. Fingers crossed for you soon. Not sure if it makes any difference at all (seems to be no rhyme or reason to why some get rfi’s and others granted quicker than those who applied earlier) but we have been together 15 years (all of it living in the UK) married for 11 years and have 3 children. And interestingly, he has a year from today (and not the date of his medical back in March) to enter Australia. He also got both visas granted at the same time.

Great news @Ticklebug74 - how exciting to be taking your whole family back with you! 

Visa 600 question for anyone currently in Australia on a 6 or 12 month 600 Visitors Visa waiting for their 309/100. 

What is the process for applying for and getting the 600? Do we book return flights to prove she will leave then apply for 600, what if we book flights and apply then they refuse or if they don't grant the 600 in time for our proposed flights, do we apply for 600 then book return flights if approved?

What has everyone done?

Hello all! New joiner to the topic - we've only just submitted our 309/100 for my husband; wanted to say a quick thank you to everyone for the useful info on here about timelines. We have been quoted 15-20 months! But are feeling slightly more reassured having seen all of your posts. One or two more docs still to add (inc. full birth certificate for husband) but by and large think its pretty front loaded, so fingers crossed. Anyway, will be following along with interest and wish you all good luck! K

309/100 submitted 19 July 2019 front loaded no agent

Hello all! New joiner to the topic - we've only just submitted our 309/100 for my husband; wanted to say a quick thank you to everyone for the useful info on here about timelines. We have been quoted 15-20 months! But are feeling slightly more reassured having seen all of your posts. One or two more docs still to add (inc. full birth certificate for husband) but by and large think its pretty front loaded, so fingers crossed. 

Quick question - has anyone uploaded (as a separate document) an additional/longer statement about your life together as a couple, household, finances etc. beyond the 5 boxes that are on the main application form? Just wondered if it is worth doing...

Anyway, will be following along with interest and wish you all good luck! K

23 hours ago, kazronicus said:

Quick question - has anyone uploaded (as a separate document) an additional/longer statement about your life together as a couple, household, finances etc. beyond the 5 boxes that are on the main application form? Just wondered if it is worth doing...

Hi @kazronicus

Congrats on getting your application in and welcome to the wait!

We didn’t upload anything additional, my partner wrote out his sections on the 40sp and we felt that was enough. We just made sure to upload as much evidence that we could to validate what we were claiming - not loads but we have around 10-15 bits of evidence for each of the five sections.

Not sure what everyone else thinks, or if ours is sufficient.. we’re still waiting for ours to be picked up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello all! New joiner to the topic - we've only just submitted our 309/100 for my husband; wanted to say a quick thank you to everyone for the useful info on here about timelines. We have been quoted 15-20 months! But are feeling slightly more reassured having seen all of your posts. One or two more docs still to add (inc. full birth certificate for husband) but by and large think its pretty front loaded, so fingers crossed. 
Anyway, will be following along with interest and wish you all good luck! K

Dame as what Nichola said above. We didnt upload a seperate document outlining the personal life. We both wrote the sections from out perspective on both my applications and my wife's online 40SP.

Fingers crossed for you on your application.

Hoping for another little flurry of approvals and RFIs this week. Still early though.
  • Thanks 1

It's been hard staying positive these last couple of weeks! So much is being put on hold because the visa has not arrived yet. I contacted movers to ship my stuff ready for arrival in September however they have said they need to see the visa grant before they are able to ship anything over. 

Also as I am a teacher, I am unable to join the teaching registration board until my grant comes through as well. I don't think they realise the stress people go through with such long wait times. I hit 9 months waiting next Monday. I hope lots more visas are granted soon! 

Good luck everyone, especially those waiting since 2018!

Hi there,

I'm a sponsor having lived in the UK since 1996 and meeting partner in 1998 and been together ever since.  Applied for spouse visa in April 19 and hopefully completed correctly, however I haven't done an Australian police check for myself as I haven't lived there for such a long time. I left when I was 26 years of age, does the consensus think I should get one done?

Congrats. Assuming you dodnt have any RFIs and it went straight to grant.

Literally checking every day just to make sure I don't miss an email.

Fingers crossed this will be the start of some flurry of movements this week.

Spouse 309 granted today, applied on 1/02/2019

Congrats. Assuming you dodnt have any RFIs and it went straight to grant.

Literally checking every day just to make sure I don't miss an email.

Fingers crossed this will be the start of some flurry of movements this week.

Applied on 31/01/2019 Only one RFI they requested Canadian police clearance on 29/05/2019 and we supplied them the document on 26/06/2019 and they granted visa on 23/07/2019
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, AK2910 said:

It's been hard staying positive these last couple of weeks! So much is being put on hold because the visa has not arrived yet. I contacted movers to ship my stuff ready for arrival in September however they have said they need to see the visa grant before they are able to ship anything over. 

Also as I am a teacher, I am unable to join the teaching registration board until my grant comes through as well. I don't think they realise the stress people go through with such long wait times. I hit 9 months waiting next Monday. I hope lots more visas are granted soon! 

Good luck everyone, especially those waiting since 2018!

@AK2910 hopefully you’ll hear very soon - you must be close to front on the queue. 🤞It’s so difficult being unable to make plans. Think I’m becoming obsessed with checking this thread! 

14 hours ago, Slackbladder said:

Hi there,

I'm a sponsor having lived in the UK since 1996 and meeting partner in 1998 and been together ever since.  Applied for spouse visa in April 19 and hopefully completed correctly, however I haven't done an Australian police check for myself as I haven't lived there for such a long time. I left when I was 26 years of age, does the consensus think I should get one done?

Hi there

I would say to get your police check, if they want it (which I suspect they would) then it will just delay your processing with a RFI. For the sake of £40 or so I’d say it’s worth just getting it in.

CONGRATS on your visa @07Nov2017 !! I’m  super happy to see something else come through.

Crossing my fingers for everyone who submitted 2018/ January 2019 and is still waiting, the process seems so ambiguous and for life planning and £4000 she’ll out ‘luck of the draw’  just isn’t a nice feeling. I’m still a few weeks away, 25th Feb submitted, so just happy to see things moving for now (but still checking this thread and my emails MANY times a day!). 

• Like 2

Hi all – we’re still waiting for our approval, but we’ve decided to crack on with the move anyway. We’ve given Petair a date of 31.10.2019 for our baby boy (Rajjie) to fly over, and we’re going to try and be on the same flight as him. Just waiting to hear if Petair have the availability for him. We figure that the visa should hopefully come in the next 3 months, and if it doesn’t, my partner will enter on a 3 month tourist visa. Once Rajjie has spent his 10 days in quarantine in Melbourne, we’re hiring a campervan and driving to Perth, making a little holiday of it. So with the 3 months till we leave UK and the 3 months on the tourist visa, that gives us 6 months for the 309 to come which I’m pretty sure it will…well fingers crossed anyway. It’s now been 7 months since we applied and we just wanna get moving! So once Petair confirm their availability, it’s time to get things moving!

Hi everyone, long time lurker. This forum has literally kept us semi-sane in this sh*tshow of a process. 

Today, we got the golden email with my husband’s visa grant. 🥂

309 with 100 granted one minute later. No RFI. 

We applied 11/02/2019, no agent and didn’t front-load: we added evidence gradually over about 3 weeks (and longer for some things eg police checks that took ages to arrive in the post). I even forgot to do my sponsor application until the end of May (which after a panicked call with an immigration advisor found out that it didn’t matter, it was the date of the initial lodgement that mattered). 

We’re SO HAPPY as we were planning for me to go to Aus alone in September, now Melbourne gets us both together!

Good luck everyone - they are coming through. 

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 4

Hi Slackbladder,

I'm Australian, my husband was born in the UK. I haven't been out of Australia as long as you - I left in 2008.

We filed through an agent in Sydney in March 2019, and the agent was absolutely clear that I did *not* require an Australian police check because Immigration only expects you to go back 10 years. If you've only lived in the UK, then as I understand it you'll only need your ACRO check. And you'll be pleased to know that the UK was the best - by far - country to deal with. We've lived in a few different countries so getting the police checks was a real hassle.

I don't usually go on forums, but I've had so much help/advice from other people on this site. Thank you all so much! Best of luck!  

Hi.

An update from my end. We received an RFI today for my wife's (the sponsor) original birth certificate.

A few calls back to oz and it turns out we can piece together the turn of events from my wife's birth, but there is no birth certificate as she was born in the middle east. We have quite a few supporting documents and birth certificate and registration in the UK and proof of australian citizenship.

But does anyone know of an immigration lawyer in london that knows the australian system? Or would an immigration agent be able to deal with such a complex query? If so can anyone recommend a really good one to go to?

Thanks in anticipation

2 hours ago, mhcornwall said:

We received an RFI today for my wife's (the sponsor) original birth certificate.

A few calls back to oz and it turns out we can piece together the turn of events from my wife's birth, but there is no birth certificate as she was born in the middle east. We have quite a few supporting documents and birth certificate and registration in the UK and proof of australian citizenship.

But does anyone know of an immigration lawyer in london that knows the australian system? Or would an immigration agent be able to deal with such a complex query? If so can anyone recommend a really good one to go to?

It's not a complex query. It's a very common situation, so I'm sure most agents will have dealt with it.   My husband was born in the old Yugoslavia and never had a birth certificate either.   @wrussell, @Raul Senise, @Alan Collett are all agents who post on these forums.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1

We didnt submit either of these docs. Just had a quick look online and it seems to be something that the case officer can ask for.

This wasnt asked for in my RFI

Hi all,
We applied for my husband's visa 15 July and still gathering all of the documents. Can anybody confirm if he needs to complete the Form 80 and Form 1221?
TIA! 

HUGE THANKS!!! you have just eased the worry that we were having.

We ultimately thought the worst when it cam through. Even though we can fully piece of together, our minds just went to the worst outcome.

Just wondering, how long did your boss take to get approved? My only worry now is that the time to process the RFI will take longer now.

Thanks for the names on here. Really appreciated.

It's not a complex query. It's a very common situation, so I'm sure most agents will have dealt with it.   My husband was born in the old Yugoslavia and never had a birth certificate either.   [mention=216280]wrussell[/mention], [mention=217526]Raul Senise[/mention], [mention=214317]Alan Collett[/mention] are all agents who post on these forums.

1 hour ago, mhcornwall said:

HUGE THANKS!!! you have just eased the worry that we were having.

We ultimately thought the worst when it cam through. Even though we can fully piece of together, our minds just went to the worst outcome.

Just wondering, how long did your boss take to get approved? My only worry now is that the time to process the RFI will take longer now.

Thanks for the names on here. Really appreciated.

I know it’s a little bitter sweet (seems this whole process is) but really happy that you’re in and being processed now. Hope you get some clarity today re your wife’s certificate 🤞🏼🤞🏼