Hi all sorry I have been so quiet finally had RFI 6th May for medical. All done and clear by end May case officer is in UK even though agent in Oz, all done now  I believe. So settled down for the long wait. Slowly going mad... But I guess that's  normal judging by the posts. 9 months now so let's hope we all hear soon 

Fingers crossed for the group

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Meath Lass said:

Hi all sorry I have been so quiet finally had RFI 6th May for medical. All done and clear by end May case officer is in UK even though agent in Oz, all done now  I believe. So settled down for the long wait. Slowly going mad... But I guess that's  normal judging by the posts. 9 months now so let's hope we all hear soon 

Fingers crossed for the group

Stupid question but how do you know if you have a case officer and where they are ?? 

I was just thinking the same thing.

I have been hoping that people have been getting approvals and have been too excited or busy to post the good news on here.

Let's hope for some good news for some people this week.

Fingers crossed, we fly out in the morning.  Hoping we get a flurry today! Good luck everyone [emoji3]
  • Like 1

Hi all,

I'm sure there will be a flurry of activity soon. It took a year to get my visa and it was deadly silent for nearly three months before, then there seemed to be several a day for weeks after. I was one of the last to get it amongst people who applied at the same time. 

As for me I have 8 days left in the UK, missus and daughter already in Sydney. I still need to get a bloody job.

Fly  out on the 23rd, have to be in country before end of the month. 

Good luck all. 

• Like 1

Exciting times.

Getting a job is high on my priority list. But think I will be registering with the the recruitment agencies like hayes, Michael page etc to get them on their ex pat books to arrange interviews or at least temp work for when we land.

Hi all,
I'm sure there will be a flurry of activity soon. It took a year to get my visa and it was deadly silent for nearly three months before, then there seemed to be several a day for weeks after. I was one of the last to get it amongst people who applied at the same time. 
As for me I have 8 days left in the UK, missus and daughter already in Sydney. I still need to get a bloody job.
Fly  out on the 23rd, have to be in country before end of the month. 

Good luck all. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mhcornwall said:

Exciting times.

Getting a job is high on my priority list. But think I will be registering with the the recruitment agencies like hayes, Michael page etc to get them on their ex pat books to arrange interviews or at least temp work for when we land.

Alas due to my job I require quite a few checks which can only be done in country, so agencies are keen but said they can’t do anything until I get them done. 

I'm the same as you@Ak2910 , we have are one ways booked for September, but if it's not here by then, I will have to come back after a few weeks due to work.
I would be leaving my wife who is my sponsor and kids there, due to not being able to work, so it's easier financially to come back and work.

But all fingers toes and everything else crossed for all of us

I have also got my one way ticket booked for beginning of September! Really hoping visa comes in soon! Almost reaching the 9 month mark since I lodged my visa!

[emoji1693] lots of visas come through this week!

1 hour ago, Steppy said:

I'm the same as you@Ak2910 , we have are one ways booked for September, but if it's not here by then, I will have to come back after a few weeks due to work.
I would be leaving my wife who is my sponsor and kids there, due to not being able to work, so it's easier financially to come back and work.

But all fingers toes and everything else crossed for all of us

Hi @Steppy I hope your grant comes through before then so you don't have to come back and leave your family!! 

I am a teacher and therefore have had to resign from my job already. I am moving over in September and hoping that the visa comes before then. If not then I will have to go over on a visitor visa maybe (I'm not really sure how it works then). My husband (who is my sponsor) is Australian and has lived there most his life so we have been doing a long distance relationship for 3.5 years so I'm just excited to go over to Australia! 

The wait for the grant is horrible and it's hard having this quiet period on the grant front but I also have all my fingers and toes crossed for you and everyone to receive their grants quickly!

Hi All

Fingers crossed for those of you still waiting for your golden tickets that they come through soon!

Looking for some advice on the ‘change of details’ element of immiaccount. When I applied I had to use my maiden name as I hadn’t applied for a new passport. I now have a new one in my married name and therefore filled out a form. I had to select an option for why I had got a new passport and there wasn’t one for ‘change of name’ so the closest match was ‘expired’. Should I expect to receive an email confirming they acknowledge my change of passport and name? Or just take both passports and assume it’ll show up at passport control?

1 hour ago, LottyC said:

Hi All

Fingers crossed for those of you still waiting for your golden tickets that they come through soon!

Looking for some advice on the ‘change of details’ element of immiaccount. When I applied I had to use my maiden name as I hadn’t applied for a new passport. I now have a new one in my married name and therefore filled out a form. I had to select an option for why I had got a new passport and there wasn’t one for ‘change of name’ so the closest match was ‘expired’. Should I expect to receive an email confirming they acknowledge my change of passport and name? Or just take both passports and assume it’ll show up at passport control?

Do a "vevo check" to make sure your passport has been updated in their system. 

Hi all , it gives me great pleasure to say my golden ticket came today, no RFI straight to granted...I feel like an emotional wreck with Happy tears..
Hopefully this will start moving for all of you guys now, your all amazing people and deserve to be granted [emoji7][emoji7]

• Like 3
  • Congratulations 9

Omg omg omg! How exciting for you! Congrats. This also gives me hope and excitement that ours will be coming soon. So happy to finally hear someone got a grant! So awesome. Now you can really get the ball rolling xx

• Like 1

It was the best feeling, now the job hunt starts, fingers crossed for all of you, and hats off to my wife@roomummy for all she has done for me and her support , especially when it was getting me down .... please please let me see some more good news for you guys today

Omg omg omg! How exciting for you! Congrats. This also gives me hope and excitement that ours will be coming soon. So happy to finally hear someone got a grant! So awesome. Now you can really get the ball rolling xx
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Steppy said:

It was the best feeling, now the job hunt starts, fingers crossed for all of you, and hats off to my wife@roomummy for all she has done for me and her support , especially when it was getting me down .... please please let me see some more good news for you guys today

This is such great news for you both, congratulations! 

35 minutes ago, Steppy said:

Hi all , it gives me great pleasure to say my golden ticket came today, no RFI straight to granted...I feel like an emotional wreck with Happy tears..
Hopefully this will start moving for all of you guys now, your all amazing people and deserve to be granted emoji7.pngemoji7.png

Amazing @Steppy I am so so so happy for you and your family!! Congratulations!! 

40 minutes ago, Steppy said:

Hopefully this will start moving for all of you guys now, your all amazing people and deserve to be granted emoji7.pngemoji7.png

Amazing - How exciting for you!!😀 When are you planning to move over?

Hopefully we get a flurry of golden tickets now. We submitted medicals over 5 weeks ago after a RFI and not heard a single thing since!