3 hours ago, GRS said:

Hi guys, 

Long time lurker but thought i add my details  

Applied for 309/100 on 29 November using an agent.

health check done in april and police checks in may. 

No RFI as yet. No news at all. 

Relationship for 4 years, married 1 year , no kids. 

The agent keeps quoting the standard website times to me, and from the forums i can see they have started processing applications made in 2019. am clearly not alone in finding this process very frustrating and trying to stay calm.

the hubby went ahead to Oz a few months ago and i have remained behind to finish my employment contract. I am now at the juncture of considering what to do i.e just going over on a tourist visa to wait it out so we can at least be together. Those who have gone over, did you apply for a long term tourist visa or the evisitor and just being mindful of the three months restriction? 

Thanks and congrats to those who have grants and fingers crossed for the rest of us! 

We’re in the same position. 😢 I also applied with an agent on 3rd December and no contact whatsoever. Hopefully we’ll see some movement soon! 

Is your agent based in UK or Aus? Ours is Australian bases but we’re in UK and applying for 309 so assuming our visa will be processed in London even though our agent is in Aus? 

My agent is based in Oz too. I had wondered the same thing. I did just assume that the case would be dealt with by Aus embassy in UK. I do recall my agent caveating that now it is online process it could be allocated to any aus embassy depending on how busy they are. That being said I always feel like i get very generic answers to my questions from my agent, which make me none the wiser about the process. I think they do try and channel to embassy closest simply for administrative purposes and in the rare circumstances where they need to interview etc. But who knows...

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, GRS said:

My agent is based in Oz too. I had wondered the same thing. I did just assume that the case would be dealt with by Aus embassy in UK. I do recall my agent caveating that now it is online process it could be allocated to any aus embassy depending on how busy they are. That being said I always feel like i get very generic answers to my questions from my agent, which make me none the wiser about the process. I think they do try and channel to embassy closest simply for administrative purposes and in the rare circumstances where they need to interview etc. But who knows...

There is no Australian Embassy in the UK.

There is a High Commission and they deal with the majority of applications from the UK, but if they get too busy then applications are passed to other centres. Location of an agent is irrelevant 

Not likely to get an interview request for a UK application, but if you do it almost definitely will be a phone one. 

3 hours ago, LCRF said:

Does anyone know the next steps once the 309 is granted? Do we need to continue uploading documents or will the 100 automatically be given after 24 months since submission?

You will have to provide various documents, via your Immiaccount, to show that the relationship is still committed and ongoing. Trust me, there is NOTHING automatic about the grant of a 100. 

On 08/06/2019 at 14:12, Nemesis said:

You will have to provide various documents, via your Immiaccount, to show that the relationship is still committed and ongoing. Trust me, there is NOTHING automatic about the grant of a 100. 

Do we upload them at our own free will or do Immi request specific docs further down the line?

Hi guys,

Yay 👏🏼 received my grant letter today, both 309/100! First entry date by 09/01/2020.  Can’t believe it took 4 months 😱 feeling so lucky!

Also wanted to say thanks to everyone in this group, your messages and good news really kept our spirits up and wishing luck for all the rest still patiently waiting. Your golden email will come! 

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 7

Hi guys,
Yay [emoji1376] received my grant letter today, both 309/100! First entry date by 09/01/2020.  Can’t believe it took 4 months [emoji33] feeling so lucky!
Also wanted to say thanks to everyone in this group, your messages and good news really kept our spirits up and wishing luck for all the rest still patiently waiting. Your golden email will come! 
Lucky alright! Four month is amazingly fast for the majority hovering about this thread... congratulations!
  • Like 1

Huge congrats.

What was your judgement date? Just wondering as hoping we may get our RFI soon as I am waiting to have my medical done next week.

Time seems to be going so much slower now the contact date may happen any day

Lucky alright! Four month is amazingly fast for the majority hovering about this thread... congratulations!

Hey guys, wondering if any of you can help put my mind at ease.  Met my partner (PR) Dec 2016 while he was home on hols and started a relationship, we grew up in same town knew eachother 20 years. I went to oz for 3 weeks in 2017, he came home Xmas 17 and popped the question, after a lot of discussions where to reside, we decided I go be with him aswell as my son, I flew to oz may 18 and planned our marriage for may this year and suss out schools and areas a d applked for PMV in sept 2018 but due to family unable to travel ( 2 sisters decided to be pregnant haha) he came home last Xmas for his annual visit and we tied the knot while all of our families were together and able to be part of it. I requested to change from PMV to 309/100 medical done and police certs already submitted. RFI straight away asking financial aspects which we provided statements of self sufficiency and plans of pooling expensis on my arrival and proof of what we paid together wedding expensis, santa gifts for my son, holidays together, ect, I got another RFI last march regarding my sons fathers permission which we settled in court, permission giving, court order submitted in March, havnt heard anything since. Do ye think this is a good thing or bad thing? I'm going out of my mind missing my husband and just wanting to be with him. Was considering 600 visa as this has been longest iv been apart from him but I'm worried about my son's education he's just finishing 3rd class in Ireland , any advice of this would be much appreciated. 

@NatW1986 It would be impossible for us to speculate whether the requests are "good or bad" all you can do is take comfort that its being looked at and moving along in the queue.  That said, I believe its completely normal for the contact and confirmation from the other parent - given the other stories here. 🙂

Edited by CEP

Hi All!!! Q fairly quiet week last week but still some grants coming through 🙂

Se current state of play below... @Edinlass would be great to know if you have heard anything!

Instructions for adding signature also added below  - fingers crossed for a visa granting week ahead!!!

Adding a signature to Poms in Oz forum posts.docxCapture.thumb.PNG.3f00ee08b92b1ea572544130dce5bc0d.PNG

Edited by CEP
  • Like 2

Hi All!!! Q fairly quiet week last week but still some grants coming through [emoji846]
Se current state of play below... [mention=274078]Edinlass[/mention] would be great to know if you have heard anything!
Instructions for adding signature also added below  - fingers crossed for a visa granting week ahead!!!
Adding a signature to Poms in Oz forum posts.docxCapture.thumb.PNG.3f00ee08b92b1ea572544130dce5bc0d.PNG
Thanks for the update...still patiently waiting [emoji854]
  • Like 1

Hi all

I am that blip on the spreadsheet! I am a few weeks away from delivering our second bubba so haven’t been able to have my chest X-ray to complete my medical fully. They don’t need any further information from me but I won’t know any more until that X-ray has been completed and hope that they don’t say I need to enter too quickly. We are hoping to be in Aus by December this year... it is a long game! 

• Like 2

On 11/06/2019 at 23:37, NatW1986 said:

Hey guys, wondering if any of you can help put my mind at ease.  Met my partner (PR) Dec 2016 while he was home on hols and started a relationship, we grew up in same town knew eachother 20 years. I went to oz for 3 weeks in 2017, he came home Xmas 17 and popped the question, after a lot of discussions where to reside, we decided I go be with him aswell as my son, I flew to oz may 18 and planned our marriage for may this year and suss out schools and areas a d applked for PMV in sept 2018 but due to family unable to travel ( 2 sisters decided to be pregnant haha) he came home last Xmas for his annual visit and we tied the knot while all of our families were together and able to be part of it. I requested to change from PMV to 309/100 medical done and police certs already submitted. RFI straight away asking financial aspects which we provided statements of self sufficiency and plans of pooling expensis on my arrival and proof of what we paid together wedding expensis, santa gifts for my son, holidays together, ect, I got another RFI last march regarding my sons fathers permission which we settled in court, permission giving, court order submitted in March, havnt heard anything since. Do ye think this is a good thing or bad thing? I'm going out of my mind missing my husband and just wanting to be with him. Was considering 600 visa as this has been longest iv been apart from him but I'm worried about my son's education he's just finishing 3rd class in Ireland , any advice of this would be much appreciated. 

Hi do you mind me asking were the courts stand on a child who is 17 years old going to Australia with me the mother after leaving cert. I don’t think the x hubby is going to agree to him going, I am a bit worried about this as he is my life and I need him to come with us. 

1 hour ago, Michelle1 said:

Hi do you mind me asking were the courts stand on a child who is 17 years old going to Australia with me the mother after leaving cert. I don’t think the x hubby is going to agree to him going, I am a bit worried about this as he is my life and I need him to come with us. 

I think at 17 he would still be a minor so you'd need your ex's permission to let him leave the country, but you should check with a lawyer to be sure of your rights, I think. It's not the sort of thing you want to guess about. 

Are you an Australian citizen or permanent resident?  Does your child have his Australian passport?

Hi all,

Was on an old thread that nobody is really posting to anymore.

Anyway, both my partner and my sons visa's came through today!  I'm in disbelief as I wasn't expecting them for at least 6 months.  Only uploaded my sons police check on Wednesday 19th June, it was granted the next day!

Applied February 2017 but didn't quite have enough evidence to go straight to 100, so 2 years it was.

A little bemused as we were told we wouldn't fall under the new rules, but they seem to have clumped some of them in anyway, and now gotta find the cash for another (unexpected) validation trip.  Initially told as we'd validated the 309, validation wasn't needed for the 100, being part of the same visa and all.

Oh well, onwards and upwards and a little bit sideways, as we can't actually move for another 18 months now, until my son finishes school.  But we've done it now, still can't believe it.  For those of you still waiting, just be patient and crack on with whatever you need to do, your time will come.  😄

We did it all ourselves btw, no agent but the forums on here were fantastic - thank you all!!!

• Congratulations 2

It has got waaaaay to quiet on here. I didn't mind not getting my own grant as long as I could see other people getting granted but just seems to be nothing much of late. 

Question. My partner is in the UK and I am here in Oz. We are thinking about getting a Visitor Visa 600 for a 3 month visit. Has anyone had any trouble getting this visa considering your waiting on a perm visa and they have to be confident your not going to stay longer than allowed? 

• Like 2

It has got waaaaay to quiet on here. I didn't mind not getting my own grant as long as I could see other people getting granted but just seems to be nothing much of late. 

Agree with you, WAY too quiet. We are waiting on the list above with others who submitted at the same time as us having already been granted or RFI requested. We have jobs and schools to move to in September...clocks ticking. Fingers crossed we see a bumper lot come in soon.

As for visa, I would think no probs if you have a return ticket. Just dont over stay. Good luck.

• Like 1

I totally agree,  I'm almost as obsessed with checking this forum as my immi account. It gives such hope as the more visas granted the closer we all get to our own.  

I had a RFI coming up 5 weeks ago. A few others are on the same timeline so patiently waiting.  

I am heading over in 3 weeks so hoping for a miracle but fully prepared if not. I have a 3 month visa running from the end of last year I'm going to enter meaning I have to leave after 3 months but I have multiple entries.  

• Like 1

I totally agree,  I'm almost as obsessed with checking this forum as my immi account...  

Hi Mccp, how frustrating for you. Any day now I'm sure!! My husband has been so itchy about it that he has written a statement about our house sale completing and our children starting school in Sept and uploaded it to immi as suppliment info. We will be separated in September if the visa is not granted soon as my husband simply can not leave is job until he can work at the other end. We can't afford for him to resign until he is in a position to be recruited again. Worrying for us as a family right now. I'd feel better if the immi status changed so at least someone has picked up the application. I hope yours comes in soon...wishing for you :)
  • Like 1