22 minutes ago, roomummy said:

Your 'sponsor' is your partner/husband/wife/defacto. Scan or copy in colour their passport (this should be there Aussie passport) They want the particulars and photo page of your spouse. Scan or save as a pdf and upload. 

Thanks, I have already done this but I uploaded it again to make sure but his UK and Australian ones. I'm second guessing everything as they have asked for a lot of documents I have already provided 😥

6 minutes ago, mppc said:

Thanks, I have already done this but I uploaded it again to make sure but his UK and Australian ones. I'm second guessing everything as they have asked for a lot of documents I have already provided 😥

How frustrating for you. Wish they would just ring and speak to us and offer some actual human customer service! For £4k that's the least they could do once your application is in hand! I've worked in business administration for years and a phone call is still the most efficient way to communicate...its baffling! Take a big breath, you got this 🙂 

• Thanks 1

Hi .. I am a long time lurker too. We applied for my husband and children's 309/100 on 21st Jan 2019. Had RFI yesterday for police and medicals for all of them .. was holding out as long as possible as I dont qualify until July so wanted to give ourselves more time. The RFI asks for my passport bio page too but I don't yet have  an Aussie passport as my citizenship is by decent... does it need to be or can I use my British one as i don't think i can cope with medicals/police and passport costs within 28 days !!!Thanks 

44 minutes ago, roomummy said:

How frustrating for you. Wish they would just ring and speak to us and offer some actual human customer service! For £4k that's the least they could do once your application is in hand! I've worked in business administration for years and a phone call is still the most efficient way to communicate...its baffling! Take a big breath, you got this 🙂 

They would still need to put the request in writing though so a phone call would just be a waste of their time.Everything needs to be documented so that there is an audit trail to show what they have requested and when.

They would still need to put the request in writing though so a phone call would just be a waste of their time.Everything needs to be documented so that there is an audit trail to show what they have requested and when.
Although I agree with the formal auditing process, the lack of personal contact causes huge distress to the applicants which in turn causes errors. Also if the applicant is repeting the upload they are wasting our time...since when was the applicants time less valuable? I see many people on this forum complain they have to submit things multiple times. That's not efficient admin. In the long run some human contact would offer a kinder experience to what is a life changing process in the first place. I'm sure resources are an issue though, calls would mean translation etc which in turn adds costs so no easy answer.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, roomummy said:
25 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

Although I agree with the formal auditing process, the lack of personal contact causes huge distress to the applicants which in turn causes errors. Also if the applicant is repeting the upload they are wasting our time...since when was the applicants time less valuable? I see many people on this forum complain they have to submit things multiple times. That's not efficient admin. In the long run some human contact would offer a kinder experience to what is a life changing process in the first place. I'm sure resources are an issue though, calls would mean translation etc which in turn adds costs so no easy answer.

You're probably right about costs .. interpreter services would probably be hired in  and if someone didn't answer the phone then there would be a charge … my guess those potential charges would be added on to the visa fees (which already extortionate).  I agree that it would be lovely to make/receive a phone call, but having had to do telephone interviews from Aus to UK the time difference can be problematic

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roomummy said:

Thank you, I was ready for the hills earlier at having to repeat so much but its all done awaiting my new police check.  Honestly this is the most stressful process I have ever had to do :-0 

On 24/05/2019 at 20:18, Emz82 said:

Congratulations everyone! Still nothing for us. I e-mailed my agent but get the feeling she thinks it’s not going to be looked at for a while and that I’m being silly chasing her already. I have said London do seem to be processing quicker than global times as per this thread. I think the most frustrating thing about using an agent is that I can’t check my account for updates!  I suppose I’ll just need to have patience 😬

I can definitely feel your pain on this one, we just recieve a generic response of  'Please note the current waiting times are between 15-27 months'

Congrats to all who have recieved their visas! Happy for you all but also a tinge of concern as some applications were sent in Dec/Jan and we applied beginning of November 😐

Hello All,

I'm new to this thread however I'm in a similar situation to most.

Lodged 309/100 through an agent on 29th October 2018 (Police checks submitted same time)

Medicals then submitted 15/04/19

Not heard anything since. I hope it's not long as I'm due to move out early Sept 2019 to join my husband who is Australian. We've been together 3.5 years and married August 2018.

13 hours ago, DPA said:

I can definitely feel your pain on this one, we just recieve a generic response of  'Please note the current waiting times are between 15-27 months'

Congrats to all who have recieved their visas! Happy for you all but also a tinge of concern as some applications were sent in Dec/Jan and we applied beginning of November 😐

We are in the same boat DPA. Applied 15th November, RFI in April which we uploaded on May 1st and heard nothing since. Hopefully we will both hear something this week! 

Hello, another longtime lurker, first time poster.

I applied 11th January, no agent. Married since 2016 to an Aussie by descent, 12 year relationship. Both UK police checks attached on submission.

Medical in February.

RFI received on 24th May - Sponsor Australian police check (we hadn’t done one as he hadn’t lived in Aus since he was 8, but quick & easy to do), and more evidence for 2016&2017. (We’d majored on the last 12 months but again easy to do.)

I found that the RFI instructions were very clear but recognise the lack of acknowledgement & communication is trying. 

I’ve been in Australia since early March on tourist visa, so will need a few days away to activate when granted. Hopefully not long to go.

Good luck everyone!

Hi guys! Try not to get too disheartened by approvals for applications after your own... back in February I was one of the last at the end of a batch that seemed to be processed in a rough reverse date order! It’s frustrating but hang on in there 😊😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well guys I can’t believe it! Today the day we thought would never come. Quick check of my emails to end the day and BOOOOM we got our grant! Thanks for keeping us sane through this stressful process and I’m praying all your grants come through quickly! But for now it’s over and out, we are off to Sydney at the beginning of August! 🎉😀

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 9

Arrived back in Aus early Saturday morning after being away for 18 months - got an email yesterday to say to leave the country for the grant! Leaving on Friday morning so excited! ☺️ 

Good of luck to everyone still waiting!

• Congratulations 6

My application has changed from initial assessment to  further assessment - is anyone else at this stage or knows how long it can sit like this before a decision? 

Congratulations @LCRF fantastic news 🙂

Edited by mppc

Huge congrats everyone. Glad to see the approvals trickling though and it appears they are processing early January applications.

Have my medical on the 21st June and police checks being processed. Fi gets crossed that's all they will be asking for if it comes before I upload.

Currently submitted on 9th Feb, so hopefully in the next few week we should be hearing something.

Hi folks,

Been following this thread for a while so thought I might add our details while we wait:

Applied 309/100 via London using agent

Visa lodged - 04/01/2019

RFI (police & health checks) - 14/02/2019

RFI documents submitted - 11/03/2019

We hoped the fast RFI might lead to a fast grant but still patiently waiting...

10 hours ago, MacGyver said:

Hi folks,

Been following this thread for a while so thought I might add our details while we wait:

Applied 309/100 via London using agent

Visa lodged - 04/01/2019

RFI (police & health checks) - 14/02/2019

RFI documents submitted - 11/03/2019

We hoped the fast RFI might lead to a fast grant but still patiently waiting...

After posting the above, we just received our 309 grant today. Absolutely delighted but have asked our agent if immigration can be contacted regarding the 100 given our relationship exceeds the 3 years.

Good luck everyone

• Like 3
  • Congratulations 5

21 hours ago, mppc said:

My application has changed from initial assessment to  further assessment - is anyone else at this stage or knows how long it can sit like this before a decision? 

Congratulations @LCRF fantastic news 🙂

Ours moved to further assessment after we uploaded our FRI information. Visa grant took about a month from the date we uploaded the RFI 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys, 

Long time lurker but thought i add my details  

Applied for 309/100 on 29 November using an agent.

health check done in april and police checks in may. 

No RFI as yet. No news at all. 

Relationship for 4 years, married 1 year , no kids. 

The agent keeps quoting the standard website times to me, and from the forums i can see they have started processing applications made in 2019. am clearly not alone in finding this process very frustrating and trying to stay calm.

the hubby went ahead to Oz a few months ago and i have remained behind to finish my employment contract. I am now at the juncture of considering what to do i.e just going over on a tourist visa to wait it out so we can at least be together. Those who have gone over, did you apply for a long term tourist visa or the evisitor and just being mindful of the three months restriction? 

Thanks and congrats to those who have grants and fingers crossed for the rest of us!