35 minutes ago, CEP said:

@SydneyBound I arrived in perth at the end of october, then on to Brissy in January....boy did I bake.... the humidity!!!! Jeepers!!!

Generally I'm finding things ok - I've been in work for about 6/7 weeks now but and they've been very welcoming 🙂  Didn't find it too difficult getting work at all, I was pretty chuffed I got this one though! I'd really like to start making a conscious effort to make some friends. As we dont have children, I think you can miss out on just chatting with other mums etc...  My partner doesnt have any family in Brissy either so I can feel a little isolated when he goes off doing boy things...  Anyway I've managed to sign up to a singing group on thursdays - this week will be my first time.... wish me luck!!!

Just read through all the posts and updated spreadsheet 🙂 hang on in there guys..... it will happen....  it was the most stressful thing and I lost so much sleep over it but you''ll just want to bottle up the feeling when the golden email arrives 🙂 

image.thumb.png.b4d5559c1c504f19c89fe88538a773b1.png

The baking thing ain’t so bad, try being rained on for weeks on end. Ha. 

Good news about the job, it’s one of my big worries but I’m sure it’ll be fine. I shall be in he same boat as you on regards to family, my partner is the Aussie. She starts work four days after arriving, I shall be pottering around until I sort something out. 

Lots to do before then though, the list is endless. 

• Like 1

On 09/05/2019 at 23:19, katlb82 said:

So I'm sitting here at work, trying to look like I'm concentrating...

On Monday my partner had a missed call from Immi.  He hates using the phone, so he didn't call back.  Me being a control-freak, I wrote him an email to send to Immi saying he had missed a call and wasn't sure if he should call back or wait.  2 hours later, he gets a call from Immi, asking him about the docs requested in the RFI (when we would expect to be able to upload).  He replied we had uploaded on Tuesday night, they confirmed it was indeed in the system, and said he should be receiving more correspondence today (this was an hour ago).  

20 minutes later....309 grant notification.  3 minutes after that, 100 grant notification.

I'd thought at this moment I would have burst into tears with relief, but after mentally preparing myself for a 6-12 month wait, I think I'm in a bit of shock that 81 days after submission, we are done.  I'm going home 😄 😄 😄 !

Congratulations!!! Your timeline is almost same as ours was in 2017. We got over the initial shock rapidly and left our home end May! Good luck with the next stage!!

4 hours ago, Beffers said:

Congratulations!!! Your timeline is almost same as ours was in 2017. We got over the initial shock rapidly and left our home end May! Good luck with the next stage!!

Thank you!  It only took me a day or so until I was over it.  Friends from Australia arrived for a few nights on Friday and that was when I could tell someone in person and it became really real!  By last night I'd booked all of our (ONE WAY 😮) flights, and the countdown is on for 27 August.  I'd have gone sooner but I have to give notice at work and on my rental house (2 months, ugh).  At least I'll miss (most) of winter 😄

Edited by katlb82
  • Like 2

@LCRF it can be months after uploading the requested info before you hear anything. Sometimes it’s much sooner, you never can tell! It’s just a waiting game...

my RFI was at the start of November and I didn’t hear anything until end of February!

34 minutes ago, CEP said:

@LCRF it can be months after uploading the requested info before you hear anything. Sometimes it’s much sooner, you never can tell! It’s just a waiting game...

my RFI was at the start of November and I didn’t hear anything until end of February!

Oh! I swear I read something about them coming back to you in 28 days... a little bit disheartening to know we may be waiting a while!

Hey everyone, long time reader here...

I applied in January and have gradually been uploading all the documents needed. I'm hoping to get my medical booked in for next month. Haven't heard anything as of yet from immi, but hopefully once my medical is uploaded it will be quite straight forward (Fingers crossed). We are planning on moving to Melbourne around the end of the year as my partner is from there. Can't wait 😀

On 12/05/2019 at 13:57, CEP said:

@SydneyBound I arrived in perth at the end of october, then on to Brissy in January....boy did I bake.... the humidity!!!! Jeepers!!!

Generally I'm finding things ok - I've been in work for about 6/7 weeks now but and they've been very welcoming 🙂  Didn't find it too difficult getting work at all, I was pretty chuffed I got this one though! I'd really like to start making a conscious effort to make some friends. As we dont have children, I think you can miss out on just chatting with other mums etc...  My partner doesnt have any family in Brissy either so I can feel a little isolated when he goes off doing boy things...  Anyway I've managed to sign up to a singing group on thursdays - this week will be my first time.... wish me luck!!!

Just read through all the posts and updated spreadsheet 🙂 hang on in there guys..... it will happen....  it was the most stressful thing and I lost so much sleep over it but you''ll just want to bottle up the feeling when the golden email arrives 🙂 

image.thumb.png.b4d5559c1c504f19c89fe88538a773b1.png

Thanks for updating the tracker and instructions on adding a signature, it makes waiting a little bit easier...hope you settle well in Brissy!

• Like 1

A question for those who have their visa now, if you don't mind sharing?

On the attachments part of the main applicant 309/100 part, where there is an area to attach "health, evidence of" area, did you leave this blank as the health assessment part says "All health examinations required for the specified visa subclass have been finalised. Processing of this person's visa application can now continue. This will not occur until a case officer investigates the case in line with published processing times for the visa that has been applied for. Do not contact the department about health examinations in the meantime"  or did you add any documents i.e any paperwork from the actual medical?

I've got nothing to put in there as the medical practice didn't give me or send me anything but a receipt  😂

5 hours ago, Waitingaround said:

A question for those who have their visa now, if you don't mind sharing?

On the attachments part of the main applicant 309/100 part, where there is an area to attach "health, evidence of" area, did you leave this blank as the health assessment part says "All health examinations required for the specified visa subclass have been finalised. Processing of this person's visa application can now continue. This will not occur until a case officer investigates the case in line with published processing times for the visa that has been applied for. Do not contact the department about health examinations in the meantime"  or did you add any documents i.e any paperwork from the actual medical?

I've got nothing to put in there as the medical practice didn't give me or send me anything but a receipt  😂

No I didn’t add anything.  It’s possibly a place to upload more info if you had to have extra medical investigations etc.?

2 hours ago, CattyB said:

YOU GUYS!!!! After hearing literally nothing from immi throughout this whole process we got our grant today!!! Which makes me think I should have just hurried up and done my medical ages ago.... 

Congrats! Is that all of the October’s now done?

Hey guys, been lurking around for a while here now and thought I'd finally put our dates up. We are living in France and looking to head back to the motherland by December. 

Application date : 02/11/18

Medical/Police Checks - 25/02/19

RFI - 04/04/19

RFI was for both police checks in Australia and also for both of our travel history for a 10 year period before we were together which I didn't quite understand but hey it's done now. 

We are using a migration agent in Australia and even with this help we've found the whole process to rather insane. 

Hopefully we'll here something soon😁

Hoping we get some movement this week. 🤞🤞🤞

I know we’ve only been waiting for 6 months but it’s so stressful not being able to make plans for the future. Ideally we want to try and be down before the next school year for our little boy starting school. We seem to be having a run of bad luck at the moment as household appliances have broken down and now the automatic gearbox on the car has broken 😢 Would love to get a bit of good news. 

12 minutes ago, Emz82 said:

Hoping we get some movement this week. 🤞🤞🤞

I know we’ve only been waiting for 6 months but it’s so stressful not being able to make plans for the future. Ideally we want to try and be down before the next school year for our little boy starting school. We seem to be having a run of bad luck at the moment as household appliances have broken down and now the automatic gearbox on the car has broken 😢 Would love to get a bit of good news. 

It's been very quiet,  my heart jumps when I see a post on this thread hoping we have had another approval visa. Keep hope and as the trends show there should be movement soon, I'm crossing my fingers you hear word in the next week or two, the hardest bit is being in limbo but wait till you get your grant, it will all be worth it 👍

• Like 1