Hi CattyB and Bruce down under (how do you reference people in the thread like I see everyone else doing 😂)

Same timescale for us and no acknowledgement other than a receipt so far.

I don’t think anyone is told when they have a case worker assigned, I guess a RFI or Grant is when you find out (could be wrong, not sure what others have to say?)

There’s  been some activity for Nov applicants, RFI’s in the last week so hopefully we’ll hear soon.

is anyone involved in any other threads on the forum? Any particularly useful to read?

cheers

G'day everyone.

Ive been lurking for a while and Its my first post but wanted to share my experience with you all.

Im an Aussie with British dual national, my wife is Indian but we have been living in the UK since 2016 (shes on a UK Spouse visa).

Where do I begin, the wife and I decided after some good years in the UK we want to move to Aus to be closer to my family.

We lodged our application for the 309/100 in the beginning of Jan 2019, and uploaded all her medicals and police clearance by end of Feb.

Well, today we received a Grant for the 309, which is great news but honestly didnt think it would come so quickly!

We uploaded all documents and evidence ourselves without the help of a Migration Agent (we were very meticulous with the documentation - over 70 documents uploaded!)

I hope this gives hope to all of you who have lodged in 2018 or are lodging/have lodged this year.

This also comes with a question for those of you who can help us out:

As stated, we didnt expect to have this grant so quickly and couldnt be happier. However, we are due to go to Melbourne on Sunday (we applied for her tourist visa also) for my brothers graduation. The early grant of the 309 means that the tourist visa we applied for is now superseded and though we have until Feb next year to activate the 309 we are forced to activate the 309 as soon as she lands next week for our holiday.

We are not ready to move to Aus yet and want to continue working in the UK until the end of the year.

So my question is, after we activate the 309 next week, what are the implications if we return to the UK and continue living here until the end of the year or possibly even a few months into 2020?

What happens when we get the grant for the 100 while we are in the UK? How long do we have once the 100 is granted to permanently move to Aus? Whats the process for that - is the latest date of entry for the 100 based on the medicals/police clearance like the 309 is?

Id appreciate any guidance that can be given on the above.

I want to thank you all for keeping this thread going, before this post I checked here every morning and it has kept us extremely positive in the past couple months.

Kind Regards,

• Congratulations 1

4 hours ago, LCRF said:

Does anyone know if we will hear back sooner than 28 days about our RFI? Uploaded everything the day we received it, but now just waiting for another RFI or a grant and hoping it’ll be sooner than 28 days!

We received an RFI in the beginning of April - we uploaded the documents requested a week later and today (16 days after RFI) we received a grant. 

So i'd say that it can definitely be sooner than 28 days!

• Congratulations 1

1 hour ago, dazedandconfused said:

We received an RFI in the beginning of April - we uploaded the documents requested a week later and today (16 days after RFI) we received a grant. 

So i'd say that it can definitely be sooner than 28 days!

Oh that’s great news! Thanks!

On 18/04/2019 at 18:07, dazedandconfused said:

So my question is, after we activate the 309 next week, what are the implications if we return to the UK and continue living here until the end of the year or possibly even a few months into 2020?

What happens when we get the grant for the 100 while we are in the UK? How long do we have once the 100 is granted to permanently move to Aus? Whats the process for that - is the latest date of entry for the 100 based on the medicals/police clearance like the 309 is?

Id appreciate any guidance that can be given on the above.

I want to thank you all for keeping this thread going, before this post I checked here every morning and it has kept us extremely positive in the past couple months.

Kind Regards,

Congratulations on the grant!

So, to my knowledge, there should not be an issue for you given the situation, unless you are not planning to move before Jan 2021. You won't start the process for the 100 two years after your application of the 309, so that gives you plenty of time. You will need to supply another fair amount of information for the 100 (not sure of police clearance from the UK would be needed).

So unless you are not planning to move within the coming year, year and a half, I foresee no issues. If you want to be sure, call Home Affairs, they should be able to take away your worries.

Just got my grant letter!!!

Beyond relieved and excited. Entry by 8th November. Good luck to everyone else still waiting we all know how stressful it is.

Thanks for all the help. You all have helped calm my stress levels ever so slightly. I’ll still check in and see how everyone is getting on.

• Congratulations 6

28 minutes ago, Belfastchild said:

Beyond relieved and excited. Entry by 8th November. Good luck to everyone else still waiting we all know how stressful it is.

Thanks for all the help. You all have helped calm my stress levels ever so slightly. I’ll still check in and see how everyone is getting on.

Congratulations! That’s great news! 🎉 

what was your timeline? Submitted, RFI? 

11 minutes ago, LCRF said:

Congratulations! That’s great news! 🎉 

what was your timeline? Submitted, RFI? 

DOL - 22nd October 2018

RFI - 27th March 2019

Grant - 23rd April 2019

i had some complications with mine due to minor offences but thankfully it all got sorted. What’s your DOL? 

Huge congrats. Another one down. Glad to see the timing of about 5-6 months continuing.

DOL - 22nd October 2018
RFI - 27th March 2019
Grant - 23rd April 2019

i had some complications with mine due to minor offences but thankfully it all got sorted. What’s your DOL? 

18 minutes ago, Belfastchild said:

DOL - 22nd October 2018

RFI - 27th March 2019

Grant - 23rd April 2019

Ours is;

DOL - 18th November 

RFI - 16th April 

waiting on grant, so exciting to see all the progress at the moment!  

3 hours ago, Belfastchild said:

That’s great news for you, congratulations!! What a great start following the Bank Holiday.

our DOL was 26th Nov so any RFI’s may come very soon..or better still, straight to Grant.

4 hours ago, Belfastchild said:

Congratulations I'm so pleased for you!

15 hours ago, Belfastchild said:

Congrats Belfast. I know you had an RFI for nature of household and length of defacto, what did you actually include in the RFI?

Thanks

5 hours ago, samie97 said:

Congrats Belfast. I know you had an RFI for nature of household and length of defacto, what did you actually include in the RFI?

Thanks

I literally typed an 1 page document and bank statements. A paragraph explaining the household duties like dinner and cleaning etc. Rest was explaining each payment in our bank accounts and referencing to the highlighted bank statements for the year previous to submission date. So rent money transferred to my sister and money to my folks for bills would be a colour. Money for groceries different colour. Other stuff different colour and just explain it. I couldn’t think of anything else but it seemed to be enough. I think they just want to see that everything is equally shared. I uploaded the exact same bank statements into length of de facto also. 

Congratulations to everyone who has received their grants this week! That makes me both hopeful but also worried as I applied on 16/10/18 but haven’t received an RFI or anything yet 😞

Is anyone else having a similar experience? 

Hello all!!

I've just had my 309 and 100 emails. Wooooop!

Timeline....

We were married in September 2018 after living together for around 3 years. No children. 

Lodged 19/11/18 - Front loaded and all evidence provided within a week. (Didn't do a form 80). 

Granted 309 & 100 - 24/04/19

No RFI

Must enter by 24th Nov. Hopefully will go around October time but I need to finish my studies so we can go. Wish we could go tomorrow!

Good luck to everyone else waiting. They seem to be ploughing through them this week!!

• Congratulations 7

2 hours ago, CattyB said:

Congratulations to everyone who has received their grants this week! That makes me both hopeful but also worried as I applied on 16/10/18 but haven’t received an RFI or anything yet 😞

Is anyone else having a similar experience? 

Did you go heavy on the documents? I uploaded 70 at the beginning and that increased to 90 when I got the RFI

Huge congrats!!!!

Hello all!!
Timeline....
We were married in September 2018 after living together for around 3 years. No children. 
Lodged 19/11/18 - Front loaded and all evidence provided within a week. (Didn't do a form 80). 
No RFI
Must enter by 24th Nov. Hopefully will go around October time but I need to finish my studies so we can go. Wish we could go tomorrow!
Good luck to everyone else waiting. They seem to be ploughing through them this week!!

Hi all,

Long time follower of this thread. So happy for all the grants thus far. 

We just got our golden email too😆

DOL -26/10/18 all front loaded

RFI- 27/3/19

Grant-24/4/2019

First entry date: 26/10/2019

Thank you all for keeping us sane!

Perth WA! We’re coming home  🇦🇺 🇦🇺🇦🇺

Congratulations to all the grants today and Best wishes to everyone! 

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 4

50 minutes ago, Belfastchild said:

Did you go heavy on the documents? I uploaded 70 at the beginning and that increased to 90 when I got the RFI

We’ve used an agent who said that going overboard on the docs would just delay matters and irritate the case worker. He narrowed the documents we should be providing to important ones like our lease, joint bank statements, joint bills, etc. We also enclosed some photos, invitations to both of us, etc. We probably uploaded about 2 dozen docs altogether? 

We uploaded both our police checks in January and I’m due to go for my medical check on Monday so I wonder whether they are waiting for that before doing anything? 

1 hour ago, Freo81 said:

Hello all!!

Timeline....

No RFI

Freo81: 

Congratulations🎉🎊Dockers fan here too😝Are you also heading to Perth? 

Hello! 

Another longtime lurker here too - 

We just submitted my husbands application

Full 309 submission 5th April 2019

Missing passport photo, sponsor form and a minor doctors document to go with the medical done (done on the 10th)

Hoping to tie up these missing details over the next week or so and fingers crossed this 5-6 month timeline holds firm...

We want to be in Australia in October and can go on a tourist visa if still pending but want to be ready to work by January.

This forum is so super helpful and we are grateful for everyone's detailed info on this..