2 hours ago, EmilyIreneJones said:

Hi all! 

I just hit submit on my 309 this afternoon. Hoping to move to Sydney in November 2020 - does anyone know what the average wait time is at the moment? The website is saying 14-20 months, but I hear some people are getting them through faster? 

I'm applying from London 🙂  Thanks in advance! 

If the trend is running true you may be heading over a year earlier than planned. Approvals are taking about 6 months.

If you look a bit earlier in the thread there is a spreadsheet that a member has created. Gives a good indication of time. 

Welcome to the forum 

Hi all,

nice to see some grants. 

I am getting a bit confused about where I should/shouldn’t have submitted my sponsor application. 

My partner (applicant) has his own immi account and we lodged both the applicant AND sponsor through his immi .

is this what others have done and if so does your sponsor application still say submitted? 

14 hours ago, SmileyD said:

Hi all,

nice to see some grants. 

I am getting a bit confused about where I should/shouldn’t have submitted my sponsor application. 

My partner (applicant) has his own immi account and we lodged both the applicant AND sponsor through his immi .

is this what others have done and if so does your sponsor application still say submitted? 

Hi Smiley,

My partner (sponsor) applied for sponsorship visa through her own Immi account, so we both have separate accounts. That is what was advised on the Immi website. Having said that, we applied in November so things may have changed I'm not sure... 

14 hours ago, SmileyD said:

Hi all,

nice to see some grants. 

My partner did hers through mine. It connects them up. Had an RFI for police checks for myself but all good on sponsor front so guessing it’s fine.

10 minutes ago, Belfastchild said:

My partner did hers through mine. It connects them up. Had an RFI for police checks for myself but all good on sponsor front so guessing it’s fine.

Nice one Belfast! When did you guys apply?

Edited by samie97

8 minutes ago, KitCat said:

Hi @SmileyD- we did the same as Belfast- did everything through my account as the sponsor. We had a RFI for the sponsor birth certificate last week but no other issues (so far)!

Starting to wonder if we done it wrong by my partner having her own Immi account? 😕 

Hopefully us November applicants will be getting grants soon! 

Just out of interest KitCat, was there any indication that the sponsor application had been approved before you got your RFI?

5 minutes ago, mia.oh.my said:

@samie97 We had separate accounts. As the Sponsor, I uploaded the basics required, but all the supportive evidence, we filed under my partners account. IMMI links them together so I wouldn't worry. 

Ah thanks for clarifying that. Yeah we done the same, basics like identity documents on sponsor application and all other evidence on my main application. I was under the impression it was the way they wanted it done haha

19 minutes ago, samie97 said:

Ah thanks for clarifying that. Yeah we done the same, basics like identity documents on sponsor application and all other evidence on my main application. I was under the impression it was the way they wanted it done haha

We did the same. My wife (the aussie) had her own immi account and then linked the online 40SP to my application. Then uploaded her ID docs against her account and then everything else against mine. 

Still to get the health and police checks done. Not yet received a RFI yet, but would expect that in a couple of months if the current timings continue. 

12 minutes ago, mhcornwall said:

We did the same. My wife (the aussie) had her own immi account and then linked the online 40SP to my application. Then uploaded her ID docs against her account and then everything else against mine. 

Still to get the health and police checks done. Not yet received a RFI yet, but would expect that in a couple of months if the current timings continue. 

You guys have put my mind at rest! Yeah seems to be moving quite smoothly at the moment lets keep our fingers crossed. We applied November so hoping to hear something soon ish!

38 minutes ago, Waitingaround said:

@samie97

I was wondering the same but I rang and asked, they said the sponsors application will normally stay as submitted until the main application goes to further assement or even until the main appliction has been approved. I also found this on the Immi site.

20190410_164037.jpg

Ah okay! Seems like everything is normal for us at the moment then. The whole process is so stressful and confusing never know if something has been done wrong 😕

Hey all, 

You can chalk another November application up in the 'GRANTED' column! My wife (Spanish) got her golden emails this afternoon to say that both her 309 and 100 visas had been granted. We didn't have any requests for further information, but we were super thorough when we did the original submission, so that seems to have helped. We submitted the application on 11 November 2018 and they've given us until 10 November 2019 to enter the country, so almost a year to the day from when we applied. (The 10 November date doesn't correspond to anything else such as uploading police checks, medical, etc., so I'm not sure what they base this on.)

Thanks so much to everyone for all your support and encouragement in here. Good luck to everyone else who's waiting patiently for their big day. Your time will come!

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

1 hour ago, chad_b said:

Hey all, 

You can chalk another November application up in the 'GRANTED' column! My wife (Spanish) got her golden emails this afternoon to say that both her 309 and 100 visas had been granted. We didn't have any requests for further information, but we were super thorough when we did the original submission, so that seems to have helped. We submitted the application on 11 November 2018 and they've given us until 10 November 2019 to enter the country, so almost a year to the day from when we applied. (The 10 November date doesn't correspond to anything else such as uploading police checks, medical, etc., so I'm not sure what they base this on.)

Thanks so much to everyone for all your support and encouragement in here. Good luck to everyone else who's waiting patiently for their big day. Your time will come!

Congrats. Plenty of time to plan the move. Fingers crossed you will be hearing soon @samie97. Let's hope they churn through them this week. 

Thanks for all the replies. Feel better now. Looks like it doesn’t matter which way you go about it and the status of submitted is normal. 🤗

contrats @chad_b  fantastic news. I hope you October guys hear something soon. I think there was still a few of you left isn’t there? 

3 hours ago, chad_b said:

Hey all, 

Huge congrats that is fantastic news! Applied 4 days before us so you’ve given us lots of optimism that our time could be coming! 

@mhcornwall thanks for that, appreciate it. They seem to be on a role at the moment so praying they keep it up 😊

Another Grant!

I've been lurking on this forum for a while now and even though our visa is processed through Berlin, I still wanted to share my news with you all!

Our timeline (i'm the sponsor)

- Applied 25th of November

- Medicals and police checks uploaded along the way

-Grant 11th of April

No RFI, no contact, nothing. Straight to a 309 grant.

We are defacto partners (not married, no kids), together for nearly three years now.

• Congratulations 2

2 minutes ago, Jagermeester said:

Another Grant!

I've been lurking on this forum for a while now and even though our visa is processed through Berlin, I still wanted to share my news with you all!

-Grant 11th of April

We are defacto partners (not married, no kids), together for nearly three years now.

Great news! Congratulations! Our circumstances are almost the same as yours, de facto been together 2 and half years.

When are you planning to head to Australia?

27 minutes ago, samie97 said:

Great news! Congratulations! Our circumstances are almost the same as yours, de facto been together 2 and half years.

When are you planning to head to Australia?

Thanks! 

We must enter before the 19th of December, but we are hoping on moving somewhere around September - October. In process of securing jobs now.

1 minute ago, Jagermeester said:

Thanks! 

We must enter before the 19th of December, but we are hoping on moving somewhere around September - October. In process of securing jobs now.

Nice well congrats again! The process is dragging on now for us, especially as we are ready to make the move straight away as soon as approved (jobs already secured).

Hoping ours is soon also 

2 hours ago, Jagermeester said:

Another Grant!

-Grant 11th of April

Congratulations from one Berlin applicant to another!  Enjoy 🙂

Hi everyone, my situation is bit complicated and I’m wondering if anyone has encountered the similar scenario and could please provide me with some advice. I was sponsored by my previous partner while we were in a de facto relationship, but our relationship broke down and I’ve withdrawn my partner visa and had applied to revoke the relationship at the Registey Births Death and marriage. I then met my current partner who’s also Australian citizen and we are very committed to each other and decided to apply for 300 perspective marriage visa. As there will most likely  be a new sponsor approval procedure added after 17/04/2019, we are thinking of applying before then to avoid even longer aparting time (long distance relationship is so painful). The only thing is that my previous relationship has not being fully deregistered as there’s a 90 days cool off period after the application to revoke a relationship. I’m not sure whether I can apply for 300 now while awaiting my relationship to be deregistered?