32 minutes ago, Dmb81 said:

Fantastic news for you both @simonp85 and @mia.oh.my when are you both starting your adventure?

Do you mind me asking what your RFI was? I notice it was requested for both of you after 3 months. I've sold my house and have two interviews so now trying to get my hubby's through without any RFI's 🙈

Ours were for my Australian police check (even though I have never lived in Australia), and UK police check and medicals for my husband and 2 young kids. We're flying out to Sydney at the end of November to try and get settled before the start of the Aussie school year. 

14 minutes ago, simonp85 said:

My RFI was 29th Jan and the results from my medical were uploaded on 13th Feb. 

We're off to Melbourne although possibly not until next March/April, in which case I may have to "pop" over there before hand to activate it, which is slightly frustrating but not the end of the world all things considered. 

Thanks for this information.

An expensive frustration too 🙈. I've never lived in Melbourne but it's certainly a popular location. I wish you all the very best.

My hubby might have to go on a holiday visa until his gets granted if things keep moving this fast for us 🤣

9 minutes ago, mia.oh.my said:

Ours were for my Australian police check (even though I have never lived in Australia), and UK police check and medicals for my husband and 2 young kids. We're flying out to Sydney at the end of November to try and get settled before the start of the Aussie school year. 

Crikey that's weird! I lived there as a child so hoping they don't ask for one for me? It doesn't look like I'd need one but then I've not heard of them asking for one if you ever never lived there either! 

Enjoy Sydney, that sounds sensible to get the kids settled. It's such a big move for them too 

We have our UK police checks done, and hubby's medical is next week. My children have got citizenship by descent so they are good to go.

Wish you all the best and thanks for replying. Dx

@Dmb81 I'm not sure why I had to do a police check. I'd submitted a UK one, but maybe it's because we're taking children with us? I don't know. Maybe have a look through this thread and see if anyone else had to do similar - even if just living in Australia as a child. It took about 15 working days to come through, was inexpensive and straightforward - in case you decide / or get asked to do one. Thank you for the well wishes. Same to you!

Great to see all these grants. Just a sanity check, my wife is the sponsor so we’ve requested her Australian police check (&UK) but presumably I don’t need to request one as the applicant? I’ve never lived there but have visited 4 times.

I can’t see the wood for the trees!

Thanks,

Ben

18 hours ago, Belfastchild said:

Congrats!!!

We just received my partners aussie police check (the sponsor) and theres a fine from 1996 for possession of dangerous drug "she was smoking a joint". Does anyone know if this affects us in any way as she is the sponsor? 

Did you note previous convictions on your application,? They seem to drag their heels if there is anything out of the ordinary - I speak from experience 😔 

23 minutes ago, W2O said:

@Bensmithoz I’ve done the same as you - both UK & Oz police checks for my husband (sponsor) and only a UK one for me (even though I’ve visited several times). I hope that’s right 🤔

Yes you only need an Oz police check if you've lived there/ been resident. Not holidays. 

As the applicant I did UK only but my bf (sponsor) did UK and Oz. 

Worth nothing too the "enter by" date is only tied to the applicant's police check or medical, not the sponsor. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Kung-Fu Koala said:

Did you note previous convictions on your application,? They seem to drag their heels if there is anything out of the ordinary - I speak from experience 😔 

We didn’t mention it initially as she didn’t think it was on her record. We submitted the Australian police check and a note to explain that she thought it was just a fine and not on record. They haven’t requested any information from us yet in fact we have heard nothing since we submitted it. But I guess I should just accept I may be in limbo alongside you 🙁

Evening,

had a surprise this week, after being told by my GP and the doctor performing my medical that I would fail (due to a heart murmur) and have to wait until I have seen a cardiologist/had test done ect. I was informed that my medical cleared a couple of days ago!

So today we were told that our visa’s have been granted, both 309 and 100! 

I may not have been commenting on here much but it’s been a great help watching others go through this process so cheers! 

Applied 30th September 2018

RFI for medical and police checks 14th February 2019

Medical completed 4th March 2019

Police checks sent through 11th March 2019

309 and 100 visa granted 13th March 2019

Edited by t.f.s
  • Like 1
  • Congratulations 3

20 minutes ago, t.f.s said:

Evening,

had a surprise this week, after being told by my GP and the doctor performing my medical that I would fail (due to a heart murmur) and have to wait until I have seen a cardiologist/had test done ect. I was informed that my medical cleared a couple of days ago!

So today we were told that our visa’s have been granted, both 309 and 100! 

I may not have been commenting on here much but it’s been a great help watching others go through this process so cheers! 

Applied 30th September 2018

RFI for medical and police checks 14th February 2019

Medical completed 4th March 2019

Police checks sent through 11th March 2019

309 and 100 visa granted 13th March 2019

Congrats!! 

Think thats everyone granted now up until myself and the other 22nd October lodgers. Hopefully we hear some news this week or next. 

4 hours ago, W2O said:

@Bensmithoz I’ve done the same as you - both UK & Oz police checks for my husband (sponsor) and only a UK one for me (even though I’ve visited several times). I hope that’s right 🤔

Yes, hope so W20. Starting to get excited now!

then just the house to sell, employers to tell, friends to tell, belongings to sell, career to protect...and of course, family to enjoy!

• Like 1

On 05/03/2019 at 19:42, neeskens said:

Our only RFI was for proof of how I (the sponsor) had obtained British citizenship - I’m a dual citizen, who originally arrived in the UK on an ancestry visa and then got ILR and citizenship.

Didn’t even consider the CO may want this, as had already provided my British passport, but was easy enough to upload citizenship certificate. Worth doing the same if your wife has obtained dual citizenship.

Hi, 

I'm just reading your message about your UK citizenship. I, as a sponsor for my husband for his partner visa, moved to the UK when I was 11 (born in Australia) with my parents but I have no idea if I have got documentation that I am a British citizen. I have both UK and Aussie passports, so will immigration need to see proof that I am a UK citizen?? I'm assuming I came over to UK on my parents passport back in 1981, but if I have to provide a  UK citizenship certificate, where do I get one from??

This will be my husband's 2nd application for a Partner Visa but I didn't have to provide information before about my UK citizenship back then. First partner visa for my husband  was granted in 2011. It was a paper application.

Is this information part of the sponsor being approved first?

Many thanks.

Edited by Aussiebird

Hi all,  Can I get included in this stream and inserted into the sheet. I applied 14th October 2018, I am Irish, Hubby Australian citizen we have  been married for 21 years. Have loaded everything ,(through agent)  except Medicals as Agent suggested I  should wait for RFI indicating medical details (code). Hubby (sponsor), also loaded Australia and UK police checks. No RFI as yet,  so I await contact from Department requesting me to undertake Medical, excited with all the activity and hope its not too long for all on the group. Heading for Perth.

1 hour ago, Meath Lass said:

Hi all,  Can I get included in this stream and inserted into the sheet. I applied 14th October 2018, I am Irish, Hubby Australian citizen we have  been married for 21 years. Have loaded everything ,(through agent)  except Medicals as Agent suggested I  should wait for RFI indicating medical details (code). Hubby (sponsor), also loaded Australia and UK police checks. No RFI as yet,  so I await contact from Department requesting me to undertake Medical, excited with all the activity and hope its not too long for all on the group. Heading for Perth.

Hi Meath Lass,

Looking at the spreadsheet and the typical pattern, I'd expect your RFI to be imminent but I guess you know that already.

Cheers

On 13/03/2019 at 16:05, Belfastchild said:

We didn’t mention it initially as she didn’t think it was on her record. We submitted the Australian police check and a note to explain that she thought it was just a fine and not on record. They haven’t requested any information from us yet in fact we have heard nothing since we submitted it. But I guess I should just accept I may be in limbo alongside you 🙁

Yeah I thought I only had a fine and then had to amend, my was in UK and 2002 so not clear in memory, ours is going through an agent and been back 3 x now on clarification, agent didn't ask me or give them the full info I.e. date - offence - court etc etc. 

Not heard anything since last info was uploaded by Agent over a month ago, so frustrating, it's been a year now since we initially applied 😔