23 hours ago, Ticklebug74 said:

Morning all, have come across this lovely post and will get avidly reading for recommendations and advice along the way. I'm an aussie and my husband is English and we have been married 11 years and have three children. Just applied last week (5/2/19) for hubbies Aussie visa as we have decided (FINALLY) to make the move. Currently uploaded the huge amount of repetitive forms and evidence. Police checks paid for. Medical completed. We are not hopeful of getting it anytime soon but hope to get there sometime in 2020. I would love to join the visa bus with you all 🙂

Welcome to the lounge! 

• Like 2

Evening all,

Long time lurker here... I have been using this thread as reference for a while and thought it only fair to add my info as and when anything happened for others. 

Maried to an Australian citizen (by decent) for 2 years, together for 6 years with one daughter.

Apllying for both myself and my daughter’s visa.

Applied 28th of September 2018 with an agent.

RFI 14th of February for medical and police checks. So hopefully not too long now...

Moving to Gold Coast/Brisbane area. 

Hopefully this means a bit of movement out of London for everyone else tomorrow!

• Like 4

Welcome to the lounge @t.f.s!

thanks for sharing your details- you’ll be added to the sheet accordingly! First bit of movement we’ve heard of all week (we all cling in to these lol!)

i think we’ve got a great community here and I’ve certainly benefitted from having an “ear” to listen to my whinging now and again lol! So if there’s any more long time lurkers please share the wealth 😜

xx

• Like 4

I can't believe how slow they are at the moment, they must be on an early half term break.

To pass the time I have been trying to guesstimate whether I will qualify for 100 immediately, my boyfriend and I have been together for just under six years and lived together for three.  I have tried to have a dig through to see what others have qualified for but has anyone seen a grant of the 100 in similar(ish) circumstances?

It was all quiet for the same period last year and then picked up from end feb through to April.

Ive written off all hope of getting it before the end of this month so if it happens it’ll be a surprise lol

who am I trying to kid....?!?! I’m still hitting the refresh button a million times a day!! 😂😂

• Like 2

Applied for offshore 309 Visa out of London

Application date: 1-6-2018

Police checks, medicals all done last year

RFI: 15-11-2018, uploaded by 21-11-2018

Heard nothing since:- 🤔

Trying to plan and eventual relocation is impossible as we all know:-

Would be interested in any body with similar time line, feedback and thoughts our of UK.

have a good weekend to one and all.

1 minute ago, Paddsy said:

Applied for offshore 309 Visa out of London

Application date: 1-6-2018

Police checks, medicals all done last year

RFI: 15-11-2018, uploaded by 21-11-2018

Heard nothing since:- 🤔

Trying to plan and eventual relocation is impossible as we all know:-

Would be interested in any body with similar time line, feedback and thoughts our of UK.

have a good weekend to one and all.

Have a look at CEP's spreadsheet on the previous page to have a look at those with similar timelines.

• Like 1

I’ll get a link to the document up here later on. But if you go further back there’s a link to older versions on one of my posts.

the list of names are in date lodged order. You’ll be around the same timeline as mine (my info is in my signature below)

oh and welcome!!

• Like 1

Another long time lurker here...

My partner applied for offshore 309/100 Visa out of London using an agent

Application date: 29-6-2018

Police checks all done.

RFI: 20-11-2018 (medicals), completed 28-11-2018.

We were advised that a CO will not be assigned until the second quarter of 2019 or after... 

Another long time lurker here...

My partner applied for offshore 309/100 Visa out of London using an agent

Application date: 29-6-2018

Police checks all done.

RFI: 20-11-2018 (medicals), completed 28-11-2018.

We were advised that a CO will not be assigned until the second quarter of 2019 or after... 

That's interesting Emma. Who advised on the assignment of the CO? Are you with a migration agent?

I wonder... has there been any pattern with what the RFI requests relate too and the time it then takes for the grant to then come through? I just don’t understand the seemingly sporadic nature of it all. How some have had grants soon after their RFI and others are still waiting.

1 hour ago, mia.oh.my said:

I wonder... has there been any pattern with what the RFI requests relate too and the time it then takes for the grant to then come through? I just don’t understand the seemingly sporadic nature of it all. How some have had grants soon after their RFI and others are still waiting.

Firstly it depends where you applied from - onshore applications are much slower than offshore.  Also, some countries are regarded as higher risk and all applicants from those countries are scrutinised more closely, making their process slower.  In general, British applicants who apply from the UK should be on the faster end of the scale (relatively speaking!).  

Another factor that affects processing time is whether your application is "straightforward". Applications which aren't clear or need further checking are often put aside.

@Marisawright I think nearly everyone on this thread has gone through London office for 309 or 300.

i think the frustration for the past few weeks has been that within our small sample here, there hasn’t been any grants whatsoever,  just RFIs or for some, a second RFI.

im thinking quarterly quotas... for it to go silent at exactly the same time last year as well. I know they’re  not capped but they must surely have to exercise some crowd control ....🤔

• Like 3

14 hours ago, CEP said:

I’ll get a link to the document up here later on. But if you go further back there’s a link to older versions on one of my posts.

the list of names are in date lodged order. You’ll be around the same timeline as mine (my info is in my signature below)

oh and welcome!!

Looking at the spreadsheet there seems quite a lot of people who are at the RFI in November and are still waiting. Bit of a back log there. 

11 minutes ago, CEP said:

@Paddsy meanwhile I’ll just develop tools for workflow management 😜

Maybe you should sub contract your services to the Australian government as they have absolutely nothing to keep applicants informed and upto date on there application stage of completion.

But I suppose that would be a bit much to ask. 😂

Hi all,

just came across this forum and thank god I did. I applied 22nd 0ctover 2018 for 309/100. I haven’t heard anything back but looks like none of the October’s have. I have uploaded everything apart from police checks as I have been speaking to a solicitor about a caution. I have put I don’t have any convictions as I was told a caution is not a conviction. Does anyone know if I had to declare it? Afraid that because I didn’t mention it I may get rejected.

Thanks.

29 minutes ago, Belfastchild said:

Hi all,

just came across this forum and thank god I did. I applied 22nd 0ctover 2018 for 309/100. I haven’t heard anything back but looks like none of the October’s have. I have uploaded everything apart from police checks as I have been speaking to a solicitor about a caution. I have put I don’t have any convictions as I was told a caution is not a conviction. Does anyone know if I had to declare it? Afraid that because I didn’t mention it I may get rejected.

Thanks.

Hi, declare it. Be honest, put it under corrections tab in account. If you don’t it will look pretty bad.