13 hours ago, Katiebobbles said:
21 hours ago, ZoeHoulding said:
We've got a houseemoji7.png so happy we got it sorted, been on a major spending spree haha hopefully get the keys Wednesday emoji3.png 1st shipping container is due into Brisbane 2nd march, so all kids toys & bits of furniture will arrive!!
Happy Saturday everyone xx

Super exciting huge congrats ... assume that this is a rental. Did you have to show bank statements etc???? Just wondering as we obvs don't have credit ratings! Xox

Yes @Katiebobbles its a rental, the agent is actually an English lady who lived not far from me in the UK!! We had a few emails begore I came over & had 2 houses lined up for me, we have looked at over 20 houses the ladt 10 days & decided on the 1st House we looked at with her. She's bern brilliant, totally understanding our situation, she just had our id's we filled out the application forms but as far as I know she hadn't contacted anyone off there, we met her back there yesterday so we could measure up for sofa & fridge freezer, going in to sign tomorrow & hopefully get the keys so I can arrange delivery of beds etc xx

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CEP said:

Hi Gang 🙂  

Very disappointing couple of weeks...  Here's the state of play going into the start of a new week...

image.thumb.png.e07aed4376dbde1c4a332a4c0634437e.png

image.thumb.png.4fb78997e0403b6b82c473827e7bb31f.png

Hi there, long time lurker here. Thanks for the spreadsheet and thought I would add our stats: 

Submitted (front loaded/loaded within a few days) 17 July

RFI (relating to middle names discrepancy) 7th Dec

Response uploaded 10th ish of Dec

Awaiting Grant

5 hours ago, TenPoundPom said:

Hi there, long time lurker here. Thanks for the spreadsheet and thought I would add our stats: 

Awaiting Grant

While I admire your optimism, I think you should really be called TenThousandPoundPom. 🙂

Edited by Jon the Hat
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, TenPoundPom said:

Awaiting Grant

Your not kidding, we are still sitting right at the top Kung Fu Koala 🤔😟

IMMI told us on 7 December 2018 they would grant the visa in May 2019 as we had given them a wedding date of January 2020 (we were going off the longest possible timeline at the time), but if we wanted it sooner we had to go back and give them a new date.

We duly went back a day later with a new date, thinking we would receive the visa very soon.

So after 9 weeks of waiting, yesterday we finally had a response from the department asking for a new letter with the new wedding date on it.

Despite me asking the lawyer 9 weeks ago, if we needed to do a new one, I got told no we didn't!

Anyway, here's hoping that in the next few days or weeks (!?) we will be granted the visa.

So, there is hope for you @CEP !  Please could you add me to the timeline 🙂 

Lodged the application - 21 September 2018

Medical + RFI - 19 October (Info Uploaded - 31 October)

We chose to upload more supporting evidence on 5 December

RFI / Letter about wedding date - 6 December (Info Uploaded - 7 December)

RFI - 5 February (Info Uploaded 7 February)

Edited by HPRomeo
  • Like 1

Honestly, this is torture. I'm trying to be patient but my husband has a 3 month notice period and we want to travel at the end of May which means end of Feb for his resignation.
If my visa isn't through soon it's panic time.

Everything is organised pretty much apart from the visa. Surely 14 years together and coming up to 11 years of marriage should be an easy yes! [emoji24][emoji24]

All my husband's ancestor needed to do was steal a love of bread and he was sent to Australia for free! He even arrived a free man having served his sentence on the ship there!!! I don't suppose if I "half inch" a packet of crumpets from Sainsbury's the same thing will happen [emoji23][emoji23]

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Ingers said:

Honestly, this is torture. I'm trying to be patient but my husband has a 3 month notice period and we want to travel at the end of May which means end of Feb for his resignation.

Everything is organised pretty much apart from the visa. Surely 14 years together and coming up to 11 years of marriage should be an easy yes! emoji24.pngemoji24.png

All my husband's ancestor needed to do was steal a love of bread and he was sent to Australia for free! He even arrived a free man having served his sentence on the ship there!!! I don't suppose if I "half inch" a packet of crumpets from Sainsbury's the same thing will happen emoji23.pngemoji23.png

It's the hardest part I think, the waiting, I remember it well and ours was relatively quick. Good luck! 

Yeah, I agree...the waiting is torture and we’re relatively early on in the process. I don’t know how some of you who lodged in the middle of last year are coping. 

@Ingers we’re similar to you - been together for nearly 14 years and married for 12 this year. We’ve also got 3 kids (all Aussie citizens). I keep thinking it should be an easy “yes”, but there’s always this thought that I’ve filled something in wrong, or not provided enough evidence. Between waiting for the house to hurry up and sell and the visa to come through, I’m a nervous wreck!! 

Yeah, I agree...the waiting is torture and we’re relatively early on in the process. I don’t know how some of you who lodged in the middle of last year are coping. 
[mention=273340]Ingers[/mention] we’re similar to you - been together for nearly 14 years and married for 12 this year. We’ve also got 3 kids (all Aussie citizens). I keep thinking it should be an easy “yes”, but there’s always this thought that I’ve filled something in wrong, or not provided enough evidence. Between waiting for the house to hurry up and sell and the visa to come through, I’m a nervous wreck!! 
Yes totally @w20 , we should be a shoe-in.
My husband is saying "what if we sell up and resign and you don't get your visa" "what if we've missed something" the fact that there is zero contact allowed with the CO at this stage is tough.

My sister's visa took 4 weeks, but that was 10 years ago. She's now a fully fledged Aussie.

I'm running out of things to do to keep me sane.

Anybody know any White Witches or Shaman that can cast a granting a visa spell for us all? [emoji12] [emoji13] [emoji13]

6 minutes ago, Ingers said:

Everything is organised pretty much apart from the visa. Surely 14 years together and coming up to 11 years of marriage should be an easy yes! emoji24.pngemoji24.png

All my husband's ancestor needed to do was steal a love of bread and he was sent to Australia for free! He even arrived a free man having served his sentence on the ship there!!! I don't suppose if I "half inch" a packet of crumpets from Sainsbury's the same thing will happen emoji23.pngemoji23.png

I know the feeling it's a absolute nightmare, we can't plan anything applied last March requested futher info a couple of time. When did you apply? Doesn't seem to be much movement with grant at the mo 🤔😞 

Fingers  crossed it won't be long till you get the email 🙂

I know the feeling it's a absolute nightmare, we can't plan anything applied last March requested futher info a couple of time. When did you apply? Doesn't seem to be much movement with grant at the mo [emoji848][emoji20] 
Fingers  crossed it won't be long till you get the email [emoji846]
Crikey. March is a long time!. Fingers crossed yours in imminent.

We were August. Had a question over the medical and an RFI but every item of evidence we can come up with has now been submitted.

I'm at 98 docs of my 100 allowance so hopefully we've submitted enough now.

Hello all.

Just wondering if I can get added to CEP's fancy spreadsheet please?

We are playing the waiting game also. Just me and my Aussie wife (no kids), aiming to be in WA for September/October. 

I lodged my application for 309/100 on 20th Nov. Both Acro and health check done within 2 weeks. All evidence uploaded by mid December, although we've added some small bits in Jan. 

I understand we seem to be up to Octoberish from reading through? It's not an exact science though eh?

Hope you all get to hear some good news soon!!