15 minutes ago, CEP said:

Haaa I was the same! I’m taking advantage of the aircon in the apartment we are staying at (I won’t be so cavalier when I’m paying the bill lol!!)

we move into our new place at the start of March - can’t wait!!

We are making full use of the apartments aircon haha we are due to leave next Thursday, found out today we have been accepted for 1 of the houses we applied for😍 but waiting to hear about another house that is in a better catchment for schools xx

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Edinlass said:

Since submitting my application in October, we have fallen pregnant and are due in July. 🙂  However I have been asked to arrange my medical which I can’t have until after bubs has arrived with the chest x-ray. I haven’t had any direct contact from a CO via email etc but have updated my details on Immi to reflect this information and ask about not having the chest exam or postponing it and heard nothing since. Does the CO email you directly once things like medical are uploaded? Everything else was front loaded so I haven’t had other RFIs. Feel like we might end up in a huge rush to get over there as soon as the little one arrives and I have my medical since my polic check will be 12 months old in September. Any thoughts/advice? 

Hi, congratulations on the baby, in not 100% sure but think you need to apply for the baby on a seperate visa? Im.sure Ive read it on here?? 

Im sure someone with more knowledge can help xx

2 hours ago, ZoeHoulding said:

Morning all,

I woke up to another RFI, need my ex to redo the consent form for 2 of my children as they said his signature doesnt match his passport & licence! 

Fingers crossed thats all they can pull me for xx

You’re in the same boat as I am, that’s a bit rubbish. By what method did you respond? 

Oh gosh this is so stressful!

On my RFI in November I was asked for husband's AFP check. When it arrived I added to the relevant section on my immi account in early December and clicked the grey box to confirm I had provided the requested additional information. Have heard nothing so far so now second guessing whether I should have replied to the email? It does have a case officer's name and reference number but didn't tell me to reply to the email. Does anyone think I should reply to the email now just to cover myself?!

I feel like my brain may implode...:-)

• Like 2

On 25/01/2019 at 19:21, Katiebobbles said:

Hey, 

Yes we struggled with that @Urban_fox we had to put our son down as a child in the first box but tick no he wasn't emigrating with us as he has dual passports and therefore wasnt included in my application..... from what i read at the time it is a case of this is to identify those members of the family emigrating so unfortunately sounds like you will need to fill out the form @LouFerg was referring to. Loads of luck 

Come on the November RFIs this week .... lets make this the last Australia day we are all (for those of us still here) in the cold! 

In other news we have had John Masons and PSS round and will be starting a thread in the next few days for those of us looking at crates and insurance so anyone with feedback on this it would be great to know esp on costs, experiences and insurance %ages if you don't mind sharing. 

Happy Australia Day to us all  🏄‍♀️🍻🏝️🏝️🍻

Hi, how are you getting on with quotes for shipping container?

sorry for putting this on this thread but.....

our house went on the market last week and hopefully will be sold on Monday 😁

so we are looking to leave the UK with our two dogs the first week in April, 🤞 

we have had a quote for a 40ft container from PSS , I was going to try Anglo Pacific but some not great recent reviews. Also had a quote from Purdie’s in a Scotland .

threads on here are several years old... unless I’m missing them!

hope your plans are coming along

Thank you

26 minutes ago, LottyC said:

Oh gosh this is so stressful!

On my RFI in November I was asked for husband's AFP check. When it arrived I added to the relevant section on my immi account in early December and clicked the grey box to confirm I had provided the requested additional information. Have heard nothing so far so now second guessing whether I should have replied to the email? It does have a case officer's name and reference number but didn't tell me to reply to the email. Does anyone think I should reply to the email now just to cover myself?!

I feel like my brain may implode...:-)

Hi @LottyC

I went into a panic when I read this thinking, like you are, that maybe we should have replied to the email! But I have just re-checked our RFI, and it states:

image.png.838372b2dd323b926c24081addaea1f9.png

So i am satisfied that uploading the documents via the Immi account then clicking the "grey button" to confirm you have provided what they asked for is the correct way.  It makes sense, as it keeps it all transparent in case another case officer has to pick it up I suppose?

Deep breaths... 😆

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TanC7 said:

we have had a quote for a 40ft container from PSS , I was going to try Anglo Pacific but some not great recent reviews. Also had a quote from Purdie’s in a Scotland .

Thank you

I steered clear of Anglo Pacific as my friend used them from London to Sydney and they lost all of her stuff!

We used Kiwi Movers from London to Perth and they were really good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ausgirl42 said:

Hi @LottyC

I went into a panic when I read this thinking, like you are, that maybe we should have replied to the email! But I have just re-checked our RFI, and it states:

image.png.838372b2dd323b926c24081addaea1f9.png

So i am satisfied that uploading the documents via the Immi account then clicking the "grey button" to confirm you have provided what they asked for is the correct way.  It makes sense, as it keeps it all transparent in case another case officer has to pick it up I suppose?

Deep breaths... 😆

Mine doesn’t have that sentence! 😕 I did both. Ha ha 

• Like 2

Hey@TanC7 ... had PSS and John Masons out so far ... Anglo Pac and Picfords toms if the snow holds off then will let u know and start a thread... class of 2018 moves from visa to movers area!!!!
Really liked the PSS guy he was very disarming ..... we will see ... looking like a 20ft for us ..... maybe avoid AP after@Bob Marley experience!
Yeh our house should be listing in the next few days too .... we are looking at July tho .....
All crossed we all sell quickly

1 minute ago, Katiebobbles said:

Hey@TanC7 ... had PSS and John Masons out so far ... Anglo Pac and Picfords toms if the snow holds off then will let u know and start a thread... class of 2018 moves from visa to movers area!!!!
Really liked the PSS guy he was very disarming ..... we will see ... looking like a 20ft for us ..... maybe avoid AP after@Bob Marley experience!
Yeh our house should be listing in the next few days too .... we are looking at July tho .....

Great, thanks. Look forward to your new thread

24 minutes ago, Katiebobbles said:

What level of quotes were discussed? I’m not taking much, as we have a furnished apartment to move into to start off with. It’s more personal stuff, which would take up the space in the back of a transit van, but getting an idea of cost would be wise. 

So we still haven’t had our visa 😭

We going to book flights in January as we are hoping to leave end of April and didn’t want the price to increase too much.

As we still don’t have a visa we are unsure whether to just book them now anyway and hopefully get the visa before we leave or wait and risk the price increases. What would you do?

We've got a house[emoji7] so happy we got it sorted, been on a major spending spree haha hopefully get the keys Wednesday [emoji3] 1st shipping container is due into Brisbane 2nd march, so all kids toys & bits of furniture will arrive!!
Happy Saturday everyone xx
Super exciting huge congrats ... assume that this is a rental. Did you have to show bank statements etc???? Just wondering as we obvs don't have credit ratings! Xox

On 31/01/2019 at 21:59, TanC7 said:

Thank you

We used Anglo Pacific - I would not recommend.

bit slapdash, and trying to wiggle out of damage they did to our leather bedhead 😔

• Like 2