I also received my RFI today. Submitted 8th October 18 so very similar time frame to you mia.oh.my. 
They've requested my medical and also proof of UK immigration status for my sponsor, which I wasn't expecting but of course is no problem. 

This is good news! Hopefully things are picking up again 🤞🏼

It’s really promising to hear that those of you who submitted at the beginning of October are being asked for further info 🙂  My lodgement date is October 28th so I’m starting to feel hopeful 🤞 I’ve done my police check and medical, and my husband (sponsor) has done his Aussie and U.K. police checks and uploaded his proof of U.K. Indefinite Leave to Remain, so hopefully we’re good on that front. The only thing I’m wondering whether they’ll want from me is the Form 80, which I haven’t completed. Did everyone else upload this form?

4 minutes ago, simonp85 said:

Hi W20

What prompted you to upload proof of your sponsor's UK Indefinite Leave to Remain? I don't recall seeing this requested and have just been asked for it as part of the RFI. Not a problem but just curious if I missed it somehow! Thanks.

Hi @simonp85 I think maybe I’d seen a previous post on a forum about uploading it, or maybe we just uploaded it as another proof of identity...I can’t remember now, sorry. So can I ask if you uploaded a form 80?

1 minute ago, W2O said:

Hi @simonp85 I think maybe I’d seen a previous post on a forum about uploading it, or maybe we just uploaded it as another proof of identity...I can’t remember now, sorry. So can I ask if you uploaded a form 80?

Ah cool ok. I didn't spot that during a lot of research but no trouble to upload now thankfully. 

Yes I completed a Form 80, I couldn't tell if it was strictly needed or not but thought no harm to do it. 

Great news RFIs are coming through @simonp85 and @mia.oh.my

We submitted on 4th October so fingers crossed someone will email us soon too! 

We also completed a Form 80. 

When I log in and look at my sponsorship application - I noticed that It says Applicant - my name, DOB and now it’s also saying next to it ‘approved’ even though the status is still submitted? Does anyone else’s say this? 

4 minutes ago, LouFerg said:

When I log in and look at my sponsorship application - I noticed that It says Applicant - my name, DOB and now it’s also saying next to it ‘approved’ even though the status is still submitted? Does anyone else’s say this? 

Just logged in and checked, but mine sponsorship application does not say 'approved' next to my name/DOB. 😞

14 minutes ago, simonp85 said:

@LouFerg I think you're looking on the "View Details" page for the sponsor's application? 

If so my sponsor still says "Submitted" but this doesn't surprise me given the RFI request. 

Yes that’s the one. But has me very puzzled why it’s saying approved there now, even though status is still submitted and we have received no notifications of any sort. The mystery continues!

3 hours ago, Waitingaround said:

I had the same thought when lodging so I rang the Global service centre and They told me the following;

The AFP Cert is required for the sponsor to prove they have not been in trouble with the law since birth, so if there are any juvenile "issues" then Immi can see it and make their judgment. As it is they can only see your adult file but the AFP check tells your story from birth. 

I left Australia at 10 years old and when I applied for AFP Cert I gave them 10 years of UK addresses and all was fine. Took 6 weeks but that was over Christmas, cost about £25. 

Thanks for this @Waitingaround I have just completed my AFP and it's as straightforward as the UK one... I just hope it comes through within the 28 days. I'm presuming it gets posted?

Hi @LouFerg

just checked on the sponsor application and it’s the same for me. The status is “submitted” but when you view details, next to my partners name it says “approved”.

this is good news as my RFIs were for the sponsors birth cert and uk police check.

I’m filled with new hope 😊

• Like 4

19 hours ago, mia.oh.my said:

Thanks for this @Waitingaround I have just completed my AFP and it's as straightforward as the UK one... I just hope it comes through within the 28 days. I'm presuming it gets posted?

Yep, hard copy through your door. You get a confirmation email letting you know that they have put it in the post and it gives you a rough time line. Mine said 20 days but that was over Christmas which I'm hoping is the reason it took 6 weeks😂 could have been the fact I only lived there as a minor. 

Fingers crossed yours doesn't take as long, I don't see why it would. Good luck. 

Edited by Waitingaround

Hi guys,

Quick question with regards to AFP checks. I am the applicant and I lived in Australia on a 417 WHV for around 10 months in 2017. I was wondering if any knows if they will ask me to complete an Australian police check. I know I haven't lived there for over 12 months, but I have been back to Visit a few times on tourist Visa so my total time in Australia will have exceeded 12 months by now.

Not sure if it's worth getting an AFP check done now in preparation for them to ask me for it in an RFI. That way ill have it ready.

Thanks

32 minutes ago, samie97 said:

Hi guys,

Quick question with regards to AFP checks. I am the applicant and I lived in Australia on a 417 WHV for around 10 months in 2017. I was wondering if any knows if they will ask me to complete an Australian police check. I know I haven't lived there for over 12 months, but I have been back to Visit a few times on tourist Visa so my total time in Australia will have exceeded 12 months by now.

Not sure if it's worth getting an AFP check done now in preparation for them to ask me for it in an RFI. That way ill have it ready.

Thanks

I would just because it takes a couple of weeks.

17 hours ago, simonp85 said:

Hi W20

What prompted you to upload proof of your sponsor's UK Indefinite Leave to Remain? I don't recall seeing this requested and have just been asked for it as part of the RFI. Not a problem but just curious if I missed it somehow! Thanks.

I uploaded my wife's proof of ILR, as it is part of our history and was on the basis of her being my wife.

Morning all,
I woke up to another RFI, need my ex to redo the consent form for 2 of my children as they said his signature doesnt match his passport & licence! 
Fingers crossed thats all they can pull me for xx

If that is all they requested fingers crossed that is the last t to cross and you are done.
Come on@CEP every time I see you have posted I am crossing my fingers and toes for you
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CEP said:

For the love of God! (I’m trying to be polite @ZoeHoulding) Hopefully it’ll be like the good old days (ie last year) where you submit the info and you get a response within the same 

@CEP I bloody hope so lol ive had 1 nights sleep since I got here, a mix of visas, house & heat is getting to me, I just want a visa haha xx

37 minutes ago, Katiebobbles said:

If that is all they requested fingers crossed that is the last t to cross and you are done.
Come on@CEP every time I see you have posted I am crossing my fingers and toes for you

My 1st RFI was for further photo evidence from him which i uploafed straight away, tbf i msg him as soon as i got the email, it was 8pm in uk, he filled it out & sent it to me so the RFI was sent back in under 5 hrs lol

Oh.... my CO must be UK based as I got it whilst asleep & im onshore xx

5 minutes ago, ZoeHoulding said:

@CEP I bloody hope so lol ive had 1 nights sleep since I got here, a mix of visas, house & heat is getting to me, I just want a visa haha xx

Haaa I was the same! I’m taking advantage of the aircon in the apartment we are staying at (I won’t be so cavalier when I’m paying the bill lol!!)

we move into our new place at the start of March - can’t wait!!

• Like 2

Since submitting my application in October, we have fallen pregnant and are due in July. 🙂  However I have been asked to arrange my medical which I can’t have until after bubs has arrived with the chest x-ray. I haven’t had any direct contact from a CO via email etc but have updated my details on Immi to reflect this information and ask about not having the chest exam or postponing it and heard nothing since. Does the CO email you directly once things like medical are uploaded? Everything else was front loaded so I haven’t had other RFIs. Feel like we might end up in a huge rush to get over there as soon as the little one arrives and I have my medical since my polic check will be 12 months old in September. Any thoughts/advice?