6 hours ago, mia.oh.my said:

Reading all these posts makes me certain I've probably uploaded something wrong or my 80's birth certificate isn't considered 'official' anymore... aaaggghhh!! *bangs head against the desk*

@clairechesh We did all the paperwork ourselves and it was a massive undertaking but I don't regret (yet) not using an agent. We set up a shared Google Drive so my husband and I could both upload documents and file them in one place. Then used https://smallpdf.com (so worth getting the pro version!) to squash and or merge documents together so we didn't 'waste' any of the 100 document upload quota. Like @CEP said, Facebook and Instagram are great resources for screen grabbing time stamped shots where you and your partner have been tagged, especially with other friends. 

Check that you have the full birth certificate - I only had the short form one so had to order a full one.  Google it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mia.oh.my said:

Reading all these posts makes me certain I've probably uploaded something wrong or my 80's birth certificate isn't considered 'official' anymore... aaaggghhh!! *bangs head against the desk*

@clairechesh We did all the paperwork ourselves and it was a massive undertaking but I don't regret (yet) not using an agent. We set up a shared Google Drive so my husband and I could both upload documents and file them in one place. Then used https://smallpdf.com (so worth getting the pro version!) to squash and or merge documents together so we didn't 'waste' any of the 100 document upload quota. Like @CEP said, Facebook and Instagram are great resources for screen grabbing time stamped shots where you and your partner have been tagged, especially with other friends. 

Thank you! The man at Haskew Law was like, “well would you represent yourself in court?” He was incredibly rude. I thought, probably not but we’ve done visa apps for my husband and I’m not stupid! If budget wasn’t a factor I probably would use one but unfortunately it is!

Thank you for your advice! Good luck! Xx

28 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Check that you have the full birth certificate - I only had the short form one so had to order a full one.  Google it.

Good point! We were only talking about my birth certificate last night so I will definitely do this as I’m sure mine got lost when I applied for a poassport a number of years ago (by the passport office 🙄

Thanks! 

Thanks @CEP @KitCat @W2O for the response/welcome, much appreciated!

@LouFerg - thanks so much for the detailed info and I thought that's what I must have done but having dug out my application doc it reads as follows.....

Migrating members of the family unit
Are there any migrating members of the family unit included in this application?
No
Non-migrating members of the family unit
Does the applicant have any members of their family unit not travelling to Australia who are not
Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents?
Yes....and I go on to add details for my parents, sister etc.

Did yours look like this when it was erroneous? Chilled glass/bottle of something nice coming you way! 🙂

21 hours ago, CEP said:

Welcome to the waiting lounge @Urban_Fox 

Long service members will notice I've now started to refer to it as the "lounge" rather than the "room"- simply because we've been here a while so i think lounge feels more homely.  Although I hope to be let out on good behaviour in the near future!  

Sloooooow progress this week - its absolute torture!  I just want to get back into work!! Here's an update on current state of play 🙂 

I'm poised - waiting to colour in more blocks of green... 

image.thumb.png.4169f5a880b936e64a8078092e99344c.png

image.thumb.png.cc4aaed62aa3f5e146942b2ebc7a5df2.png

Offshore Partner Visa London.xlsx

Ok so I found out today that getting a fine back in 2002 for disorderly behaviour has shown up on my police check as "no live trace" which is the reason ours is delayed,  frustrating... I answered no to any convictions because I genuinely didn't think I had a conviction but clearly I do, it was 18yr ago and I was young and obviously memories not great 🙄!  What I can say is if you get a "No live trace" and are unsure what it relates too the call ACRO and ask what it is and they'll tell you straight away, same goes when you complete your application form have you got any convictions spent or othetwise or if your not 110% your record is clear then for the small fee do the police check and find out BEFORE you complete your forms, they are now really hot on this be warned,  I would have 100% done the check first even if i had to get another done due to expiry before it was required,  had I known what I know now but always easier when you have the experience.

21 hours ago, Urban_Fox said:

@LouFerg - thanks so much for the detailed info and I thought that's what I must have done but having dug out my application doc it reads as follows.....

Are there any migrating members of the family unit included in this application?
No
Does the applicant have any members of their family unit not travelling to Australia who are not

Did yours look like this when it was erroneous? Chilled glass/bottle of something nice coming you way! 🙂

@Urban_Fox I’ve just checked my form, and I answered “no” to the question “does the applicant have any members of their family unit not travelling to australia who are not Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents” My parents and sibling were added in the question underneath “does the applicant have any parents, siblings or children including those that are deceased” I can’t remember why I answered no to that question and I do recall some of the questions were pretty ambiguous. 

Hopefully someone else could maybe help with regards to whether we should answer yes or no - I’m worried I’ve answered incorrectly now 😬 

12 minutes ago, W2O said:

@Urban_Fox I’ve just checked my form, and I answered “no” to the question “does the applicant have any members of their family unit not travelling to australia who are not Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents” My parents and sibling were added in the question underneath “does the applicant have any parents, siblings or children including those that are deceased” I can’t remember why I answered no to that question and I do recall some of the questions were pretty ambiguous. 

Hopefully someone else could maybe help with regards to whether we should answer yes or no - I’m worried I’ve answered incorrectly now 😬 

My understanding of this is that they mean the family unit as in the nuclear, reconstructed or same sex family unit. This means the couple or couple with children and not the extended family which would include parents etc. That’s what I applied as and I’ve not had any problems in regards to the composition of my family. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Urban_Fox said:

No

@Urban_Fox

Yes on my husband's application read exactly like yours  - a 'No' to the first question, and then a 'Yes' to the second which I then inserted all his mum, dad, brother and sister details. Then realising that family unit, like what @SydneyBound says - doesn't include them!  The migration agent I called then also confirmed i'd answered that second question incorrectly, and advised me to do a notification of incorrect answer here - 

image.png.cb1b00067c645930c5d60b70b98bbf56.png

We then listed each member of the family as an 'applicant with incorrect information relating to' and said that they have been listed as a non-migrating member of the family unit not travelling to Australia however they are not a dependent of the Applicant or Sponsor. The details for correct information I gave was that the Applicant has no members of their family unit not travelling to Aus who are not Australian citizens or Aus perm residents, therefore the answer to the question should be no. Then details for reason why incorrect information was provided was - misunderstanding of the question asked and did not realise that family unit means dependent. 

I've just logged into my immi account to check all of this and just realised that all there names have disappeared now from needing documents uploading!!!!!! Which makes me think SOMEONE MAY BE LOOKING AT MY APPLICATION FINGERS CROSSED and actioned something!!! fingers crossed we hear something soon!!! 

Hope the above is helpful @Urban_Fox and @W2O

• Like 1

Another question - what type of documents did people upload as part of the Sponsor application section under attachments? The ones it is recommending are not relevant to our situation and most of my documents are under my husbands section, but just wondering if other people uploaded anything else there? 

As the sponsor, I uploaded:

Evidence of Australian citizenship: My passport and citizenship certificate (I was born overseas and became a citizen at age 16)

Evidence of character: My UK and Aus police clearance certificates

Evidence of identity: Australian driver's license

Evidence of birth: My passport  & birth certificate

Evidence of residential address: A bill and current lease agreement

Hope that helps!

Hey, 

Yes we struggled with that @Urban_fox we had to put our son down as a child in the first box but tick no he wasn't emigrating with us as he has dual passports and therefore wasnt included in my application..... from what i read at the time it is a case of this is to identify those members of the family emigrating so unfortunately sounds like you will need to fill out the form @LouFerg was referring to. Loads of luck 

Come on the November RFIs this week .... lets make this the last Australia day we are all (for those of us still here) in the cold! 

In other news we have had John Masons and PSS round and will be starting a thread in the next few days for those of us looking at crates and insurance so anyone with feedback on this it would be great to know esp on costs, experiences and insurance %ages if you don't mind sharing. 

Happy Australia Day to us all  🏄‍♀️🍻🏝️🏝️🍻

• Like 1

@Katiebobbles so would your answer read “no” to the first question (Are there any migrating members of the family unit included in this application?). I’ve got 3 children and I can’t remember how the question was laid out now, but my answer when I look back at the form says “no”. I’m confused now and panicking I’ve answered incorrectly. I have got all the info about the children a bit further down (and the fact that they’re Australian citizens). 

[mention=265638]Katiebobbles[/mention] so would your answer read “no” to the first question (Are there any migrating members of the family unit included in this application?). I’ve got 3 children and I can’t remember how the question was laid out now, but my answer when I look back at the form says “no”. I’m confused now and panicking I’ve answered incorrectly. I have got all the info about the children a bit further down (and the fact that they’re Australian citizens). 
Heya
I think we need to be careful so we don't get mixed up.
Which form and question are you asking about and I will check our answer. I don't want to worry you if we are on different questions xox

2 hours ago, LouFerg said:

Another question - what type of documents did people upload as part of the Sponsor application section under attachments? The ones it is recommending are not relevant to our situation and most of my documents are under my husbands section, but just wondering if other people uploaded anything else there? 

@LouFerg All my husband's documents (he's the sponsor) were uploaded under his application, rather than his name under my application. Anyway, we uploaded his birth certificate, Australian passport, UK police check, Australian police check, his UK Indefinite Leave to Remain, UK driving license. That's all I can think of, off hand. 

On 23/01/2019 at 23:32, CEP said:

Welcome to the waiting lounge @Urban_Fox 

Long service members will notice I've now started to refer to it as the "lounge" rather than the "room"- simply because we've been here a while so i think lounge feels more homely.  Although I hope to be let out on good behaviour in the near future!  

Sloooooow progress this week - its absolute torture!  I just want to get back into work!! Here's an update on current state of play 🙂 

I'm poised - waiting to colour in more blocks of green... 

image.thumb.png.4169f5a880b936e64a8078092e99344c.png

image.thumb.png.cc4aaed62aa3f5e146942b2ebc7a5df2.png

Offshore Partner Visa London.xlsx

CEP you are a legend for doing this. Having a visual on how the Visas are going is amazing! Would you be kind enough to add us to your spreadsheet? 

Our story is pretty simple so far - applied on the 15th November and no contact since. 

Best of luck to everyone else for their Visas!

2 hours ago, samie97 said:

CEP you are a legend for doing this. Having a visual on how the Visas are going is amazing! Would you be kind enough to add us to your spreadsheet? 

Our story is pretty simple so far - applied on the 15th November and no contact since. 

Best of luck to everyone else for their Visas!

True believe us, it's so slow at the moment apprantely everything has slowed down due to the Madrid office shutting it's gone to the London office only....time will tell i guess 🤔 

12 hours ago, Nicci said:

True believe us, it's so slow at the moment apprantely everything has slowed down due to the Madrid office shutting it's gone to the London office only....time will tell i guess 🤔 

Oh that doesn’t sound good! Hopefully they will speed up again, we are hoping to be in Australia by the end of July! 😕

On 26/01/2019 at 06:21, Katiebobbles said:

Hey, 

Yes we struggled with that @Urban_fox we had to put our son down as a child in the first box but tick no he wasn't emigrating with us as he has dual passports and therefore wasnt included in my application..... from what i read at the time it is a case of this is to identify those members of the family emigrating so unfortunately sounds like you will need to fill out the form @LouFerg was referring to. Loads of luck 

Come on the November RFIs this week .... lets make this the last Australia day we are all (for those of us still here) in the cold! 

In other news we have had John Masons and PSS round and will be starting a thread in the next few days for those of us looking at crates and insurance so anyone with feedback on this it would be great to know esp on costs, experiences and insurance %ages if you don't mind sharing. 

Happy Australia Day to us all  🏄‍♀️🍻🏝️🏝️🍻

Let me know when you set up the thread as I would be happy to share our experience.

• Like 1