I’m so pleased for you! I’ve been watching this thread for a while and have been so inspired by your endless upbeat optimism throughout this whole process - even when people who applied later than you, had their grants come through sooner. I was in a bar in Kjngs Cross earlier and shouted ‘Yes!’ when I read your news. It’s well deserved. Enjoy your new adventure!

We have applied for 309/100 (from London) on 8th October 2018. For my husband and two young kids. Radio silence since then. Can I be added to your chart[mention=269597]CEP[/mention]? We haven’t upload my husbands police checks / family medical’s yet. Hoping we’ll be asked in time...
Thanks@mia.oh.my I did something similar!!!! I wish you loads of luck for your application cu upside down xox
  • Like 1

Hi all, we’ve just had the email through advising our visa is ready to be finalised and asking us to leave the country for 5 days and to leave in the next 28 days! My wife is presently in Aus on a 600 visa! Very exciting! We applied 1 May 2018, the final clarifications and checks seemed to take forever, we had requests back in October for sponsor police checks.

good luck to everyone. 

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 2

Aaahhh as if you were in kings cross. Hubby and I both work in that area. I know I shouldn't be surprised that somebody was at a huge central London station...but still!!! Small world.

My husband and I were bunking off work in a wine bar and dreaming about all things Australian Visa related! That and checking our Immi account. Again.
  • Like 1

Hi all, we’ve just had the email through advising our visa is ready to be finalised and asking us to leave the country for 5 days and to leave in the next 28 days! My wife is presently in Aus on a 600 visa! Very exciting! We applied 1 May 2018, the final clarifications and checks seemed to take forever, we had requests back in October for sponsor police checks.

good luck to everyone. 

Hi all,

Still nothing heard on our part for Visa, still says on the Immi website ‘recieved’. Although we did only apply on the 15th November so only been a couple of months. Medical for applicant and police checks for both applicant and sponsor uploaded straight away as well, so hopefully won’t be too long until we hear anything. 

Quick question though, how long on average did it take people to get some sort of contact from Immi regarding their application? 

Congrats to everyone who has received their Visas!

@samie97 most applications from March 2018 up to September had a form of contact either a grant or an RFI around oct/nov.  In between that time it was very very quiet. 

Those who had RFIs in oct/nov, some were lucky to get their grants before Christmas, but now there seems to be a flurry of activity on those applications.

20 minutes ago, samie97 said:

Hi all,

Still nothing heard on our part for Visa, still says on the Immi website ‘recieved’. Although we did only apply on the 15th November so only been a couple of months. Medical for applicant and police checks for both applicant and sponsor uploaded straight away as well, so hopefully won’t be too long until we hear anything. 

Quick question though, how long on average did it take people to get some sort of contact from Immi regarding their application? 

Congrats to everyone who has received their Visas!

Hi - we had agent submit ours 28th March didn't hear a whisper for 7 months,  was asked for more information at end of October  and to get Medical done along with Police Checks but it's all gone quiet since - info submitted mid Nov. 

4 hours ago, CEP said:

@samie97 most applications from March 2018 up to September had a form of contact either a grant or an RFI around oct/nov.  In between that time it was very very quiet. 

Those who had RFIs in oct/nov, some were lucky to get their grants before Christmas, but now there seems to be a flurry of activity on those applications.

We had RFI 28th Oct -> If they can flurry ours I would be quite chuffed 😁

Thank you for setting up this forum and everyone sharing their updates. It has been very helpful in our application.

In the spirit of good karma our dates are as follows: 

- Visa grant: mid-January 2019.

- Request for more information: mid-December 2018.

- Request for more information: mid-November 2018.

- Application: June 2018.

No agent. No documents front-loaded.

All the best to everyone.

Mr Smith.

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 2

1 hour ago, Mr Smith said:

Thank you for setting up this forum and everyone sharing their updates. It has been very helpful in our application.

In the spirit of good karma our dates are as follows: 

- Visa grant: mid-January 2019.

- Request for more information: mid-December 2018.

- Request for more information: mid-November 2018.

- Application: June 2018.

No agent. No documents front-loaded.

All the best to everyone.

Mr Smith.

Congrats, you were very much on the same timeline as myself. Alas, I’m still waiting 😉 

1 hour ago, Charbok said:

Really thought there would be more this week 😢 really really really hoping next week 🤞🏻 Got to give 2 months notice to work and my medical will run out in June!

Same here 😢. Can't leave until July but just want the waiting to be over!!

• Like 2

What a brilliant thread! It has been so helpful at keeping us sane while we wait. My hubby is an Aussie and we submitted our visa on 24th October 2018 but no other contact since. We really wanted to be in a position to move by the end of this year or at the latest the start of 2029... Hopefully we start to hear something soon with all this other activity happening.😀

@CEP any chance we could be added onto your spreadsheet. 

Oh no, don't be doing that. I just keep reminding myself that had anything else been needed it would've been asked for at RFI. Its just a case of lots of applicants and not many COs. Our time will come. However, if I here "good things come to those who wait" spoken one more time I think I'll hibernate until the email arrives!

• Like 1

@GemTrae  Another favourite "no news is good news" 

In fact I was only saying to @Katiebobbles last week about my bank of personal favourites....

"Have you got enough points then? Cos in Australia they use points, the UK should use points"

"Cant you do a working holiday thing - my friend did that and ended up staying"

"When will they let you know about your visa?"

"They cant keep you waiting like that.  Cant you complain?"

Really????  and if I have to hear another story about someone's auntie doris who paid a tenner to come over 50 years ago......

I'm not irritable at all lol!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Edinlass said:

What a brilliant thread! It has been so helpful at keeping us sane while we wait. My hubby is an Aussie and we submitted our visa on 24th October 2018 but no other contact since. We really wanted to be in a position to move by the end of this year or at the latest the start of 2029... Hopefully we start to hear something soon with all this other activity happening.😀

@CEP any chance we could be added onto your spreadsheet. 

Similar to us...my hubby is an Aussie and we submitted on the 28th October. No contact or update since, and I know it’s early days, but I’ve already started regularly checking, just in case 😂🙈 The processing times do seem to be pretty good from London though so I hope they continue with that. My hubby has gone out to Australia already to set things up for us, and the kids and I are going out once our house is sold. I’m loving the spreadsheet - @CEP could we please be added to the spreadsheet too? Thanks 

Hi guys,

FORM 80 question. Submitted my wife's 309/100 Dec 13th last year. Naturally no grant yet but I was wondering, does anyone know if we have to amend FORM 80 if we go on holiday in the mean time? Or is there somewhere on Immi I can add the travel info?

Fingers crossed as ever.

Edited by Waitingaround