5 hours ago, LouFerg said:

Hi there 

I too have been reviewing this forum and it's certainly given me some reassurance that the waiting time is totally normal! 

I am an Australian and my husband is a Brit. As friends had been through the application at the start of 2018 and had theirs approved within a few months, we were under the impression we would be moving sooner than it is looking like. 

Would be great to be added to the timeline too. 

Applied 309/100 - 4 October 2018 

No response as yet, still at stage 1, Received. Have done all the criminal checks, and medical for my husband complete. 

We are now contemplating doing the tourist visa as we would ideally like to be out there by May. Any advice on the tourist visa would be appreciated! 

Fingers crossed for more grant news soon. 

My husband is here with me on a tourist visa. Sailed through the airport with it (automated passport checks). Authorities don’t seem to be bothered by it as long as you don’t work. It was even suggested when I rang the government department last year.

5 hours ago, LouFerg said:

Hi there 

I too have been reviewing this forum and it's certainly given me some reassurance that the waiting time is totally normal! 

I am an Australian and my husband is a Brit. As friends had been through the application at the start of 2018 and had theirs approved within a few months, we were under the impression we would be moving sooner than it is looking like. 

Would be great to be added to the timeline too. 

Applied 309/100 - 4 October 2018 

No response as yet, still at stage 1, Received. Have done all the criminal checks, and medical for my husband complete. 

We are now contemplating doing the tourist visa as we would ideally like to be out there by May. Any advice on the tourist visa would be appreciated! 

Fingers crossed for more grant news soon. 

Hey

I came to Oz on the 12 month tourist visa. It was really easy. I've then just waited it out. You then get notification that they're ready to grant. I hopped over to NZ on a flexible ticket for one week. It was granted in 48 hours so I changed flight and came back. 

I was able.to get a bank account even though on a tourist visa and interim Medicare. But obviously can't work so financially it's a strain. 

Good luck!

Hi all!! 

I’ve been a serial lurker for a while but wanted to share our amazing news!!

This morning in the midst of getting into the day at work my hubby messaged me to say his subclass 100 visa had come through!!! Honestly, we are shocked as we were expecting it to be a few more months and had heard nothing from a case officer, it just went straight through from ‘received’ to ‘granted’. 

Okay, now onto the details you want to know:

Applied: Sept 28 2018

Granted: 8th of Jan 2019

Completely front loaded; hubby’s medical, both our AFP and ACRO Police checks, 3 years worth of quarterly bank statements (annotated with joint spending), wedding cert and ceremony evidence, 12 stat decs (8 Aussies, 4 Brits). Basically we just went heavy on the evidence! 

I would like to add that we have been together for five years this June and married for Three. 

Keep positive everyone. You’ll find it so bizarre that a piece of paper can be sooo life altering, especially when you finally get it!

All the best everyone:))) 

• Congratulations 5

11 hours ago, Kelly!!!!! said:

Hi all!! 

I’ve been a serial lurker for a while but wanted to share our amazing news!!

This morning in the midst of getting into the day at work my hubby messaged me to say his subclass 100 visa had come through!!! Honestly, we are shocked as we were expecting it to be a few more months and had heard nothing from a case officer, it just went straight through from ‘received’ to ‘granted’. 

Okay, now onto the details you want to know:

Applied: Sept 28 2018

Granted: 8th of Jan 2019

Completely front loaded; hubby’s medical, both our AFP and ACRO Police checks, 3 years worth of quarterly bank statements (annotated with joint spending), wedding cert and ceremony evidence, 12 stat decs (8 Aussies, 4 Brits). Basically we just went heavy on the evidence! 

I would like to add that we have been together for five years this June and married for Three. 

Keep positive everyone. You’ll find it so bizarre that a piece of paper can be sooo life altering, especially when you finally get it!

All the best everyone:))) 

That’s great news...congrats! I applied only a month after that so it’s good to hear some positive news. Did you go through an agent, and can I ask whether you completed a form 80?

• Like 1

Another grant! Great news.

My heart skipped a beat this morning when I woke to an email entitled "Outcome of Application"
It was from the Australian Government, but turned out to be my cats approval grant for their travel [emoji23][emoji23]

So that's the Cats and the Mother in Law's RRV sorted. Just waiting for my golden email now!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ingers said:

Another grant! Great news.

My heart skipped a beat this morning when I woke to an email entitled "Outcome of Application"
It was from the Australian Government, but turned out to be my cats approval grant for their travel emoji23.pngemoji23.png

So that's the Cats and the Mother in Law's RRV sorted. Just waiting for my golden email now!

Yes, my cats’ visa came through months ago and is here with us. Seems it is easier to get my cat into Australia than my husband 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

OMG!!!!!!! Exciting News everyone. My husbands 309/100 just came through minutes ago. I cannot put into words how I feel. Entry is by end of April so have to get skates on and get the house on the market, dogs booked etc etc. Thank goodness we had our clearout last year!

my timeline again ..... applied 12th April 2018, more info requested 26th Oct 2018

and grated 309/100 today, 10th January 😀🍾

The champagne will definitely be getting opened tonight.

Thank you to everyone on this forum for updates and good luck to everyone waiting, I’m sure your emails will be through very soon.

Tania

• Like 5
  • Congratulations 5

OMG!!!!!!! Exciting News everyone. My husbands 309/100 just came through minutes ago. I cannot put into words how I feel. Entry is by end of April so have to get skates on and get the house on the market, dogs booked etc etc. Thank goodness we had our clearout last year!
my timeline again ..... applied 12th April 2018, more info requested 26th Oct 2018
and grated 309/100 today, 10th January [emoji3][emoji898]
Thank you to everyone on this forum for updates and good luck to everyone waiting, I’m sure your emails will be through very soon.
Tania

Congratulations [emoji898] but it’s only the 9th so that gives you an extra day to get prepared [emoji6] good luck with your move and future plans x

10 minutes ago, mhaffie said:

Congratulations emoji898.png but it’s only the 9th so that gives you an extra day to get prepared emoji6.png good luck with your move and future plans x

So it is! That’s because my brother in law said he had a feeling about the 10th!!

thank you, certainly going to need every minute of every day

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TanC7 said:

and grated 309/100 today, 10th January 😀🍾

Tania

Amazing news - congratulations @TanC7!! 🎉🎉🎉

• Thanks 1

and grated 309/100 today, 10th January [emoji3][emoji898]
Tania
Excellent! They are coming through - congratulations!!

What's the U in orange again????

Thanks for the update ... I was interviewing the other day and they did a gant chart.... I even said "love a good can't chart" to them at which point my HR guy in the room looked at me like I needed a life!!!!

all crossed for us all .... good to see things moving again