1 minute ago, dondons1uk said:

So I can't quite believe I'm writing this but

I GOT MY GOLDEN EMAIL!!!!! 

I now just have to leave the country for 5 working days and when I come back I can begin finding a job and then we can begin finding a house. It's all so exciting.

Thank you to everyone on this board for helping to keep me sane!

Jon you were right to have that good feeling. I'm hoping it happens for the rest of you too!  Come on KatieBobbles you must be next. 

Congratulations I’m so happy for you. Please let me be next......

Best wishes for your future plans

I now just have to leave the country for 5 working days and when I come back I can begin finding a job and then we can begin finding a house. It's all so exciting.
Jon you were right to have that good feeling. I'm hoping it happens for the rest of you too!  Come on KatieBobbles you must be next. 

That is fantastic news congrats ... really chuffed for you.... enjoy the champers
All crossed eh

2 hours ago, dondons1uk said:

That's wonderful Dondons1uk, so pleased for you.  Good luck with the job search and have a lovely mini break! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dondons1uk said:

Told you 🙂  Congratulations!!!!

• Like 1

Hooray, congrats dondons, best wishes for the future.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SydneyBound said:

Hey all,

quick one, I’m currently in Sydney for a few weeks, do I have to inform anyone that I am here? Hoping to hear some time in these two weeks.

any tips would be welcome. 

We updated my address and that's how they knew I was in Auz. But they also then asked for further information being an updated list of countries visited because clearly I've now visited Australia. So it may be worth updating your list of countries travelled in past 10 years too

Thanks guys!

Another question for those in Oz who got email and had to leave (laf was it you who went to Bali?) When you emailed them giving flight details how quickly did they come back and say ok. I've booked for this Sunday and am worried they won't see my email in time!

No Dondons1UK it wasn't me. I was here in UK when my grant came through.

So....... New here but had a trawl through the threads and all of the info on here helped me apply for my wife's 309/100, so thanks to all those on here that have shared their journey.

We have just applied on Wednesday (12th Dec 2018) and appear to have joined an ever growing que. 

Has anyone ever had to apply for a Police check from Cyprus? I applied around 2 months ago and haven't heard a peep. They have my Email, Home phone and mobile number. Hoping someone on here has had this experience before? I have rang all numbers available online and Emailed all offices from the Cyp Embassy London to the Chief of Police in Cyprus, no replies😫

26 minutes ago, Katiebobbles said:

Another week begins and another wait resumes..... who is left from the additional info list and who is just waiting atm????
Come on Santa .... need a pressy before Xmas!!!!

Still waiting.....praying its this week as flight is on 31st December. New job holding my contract until visa approved.....PLEASE be this week! I take it the Embassy closes for the whole of Christmas? 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Katiebobbles said:

Another week begins and another wait resumes..... who is left from the additional info list and who is just waiting atm????

I’m in the same boat....hoping for the best Xmas present!!

its so frustrating reading on other forums too, of people applying months after us and only waiting about 6 months. Now over 8 months and it’s been 7 weeks since uploading additional info. I really feel that when you are paying that kind of money your application should be processed in some order rather than just random.

im sure they can understand that people have houses to sell and maybe businesses to tie up, dogs to transport etc which takes months to organise after visa been granted. I really hope they want to clear their desks for Xmas. 

Fingers crossed for everyone waiting X  good luck

• Like 3

Hi Katie!

I submitted in August, extra info was requested in November - AFP checks for my Sponsor, his Sponsorship forms and additional Financial evidence -all submitted within the week.

We've been together since 05, married in Australia in 08. He is an Aussie with dual citizenship. No kids to bring and strong family ties in Australia. We've even just completed on a House in Perth today so just awaiting that magical email so I can book flights.

It's painful waiting isn't it! I don't think mine will be in before Christmas, but fingers crossed that others are granted - it will mean mine will be working it's way to the top of the pile! [emoji23][emoji23]
  • Like 1

Hi Katie!

I submitted in August, extra info was requested in November - AFP checks for my Sponsor, his Sponsorship forms and additional Financial evidence -all submitted within the week.

We've been together since 05, married in Australia in 08. He is an Aussie with dual citizenship. No kids to bring and strong family ties in Australia. We've even just completed on a House in Perth today so just awaiting that magical email so I can book flights.

It's painful waiting isn't it! I don't think mine will be in before Christmas, but fingers crossed that others are granted - it will mean mine will be working it's way to the top of the pile! [emoji23][emoji23]
That's super exciting completing already ..... we are going to rent til we have jobs as otherwise sods law we will be on the wrong side of Brisbane [emoji23]

2 hours ago, Ingers said:

Hi Katie!

It's painful waiting isn't it! I don't think mine will be in before Christmas, but fingers crossed that others are granted - it will mean mine will be working it's way to the top of the pile! emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Congratulations on the house!  Whereabouts in Perth?

My job in Sydney fell through so we are back to plan A of moving to Perth once we have sold the house.

• Sad 1

Congratulations on the house!  Whereabouts in Perth?
My job in Sydney fell through so we are back to plan A of moving to Perth once we have sold the house.
Up in the hills - Mundaring. We decided we wanted to be semi rural but still within a decent distance to the CBD.

I have family up there too, which helps!

You get A LOT more for your money in Perth too.

My other half is from Sydney and he feels Perth is a lot more chilled so that's where we have plumped for [emoji16]

Just now, Ingers said:

Up in the hills - Mundaring. We decided we wanted to be semi rural but still within a decent distance to the CBD.

I have family up there too, which helps!

You get A LOT more for your money in Perth too.

My other half is from Sydney and he feels Perth is a lot more chilled so that's where we have plumped for emoji16.png

Yes I love Perth, my wife is from there and it is where we met.  It was always the long term plan - we also both have family in Perth.

I like the hills, but want to be closer to the city - my wife grew up in Applecross, so we will probably try around there for Applecross High School zone.