4 hours ago, Ausgirl42 said:

Thank you for all the suggestions everyone, some good ones in there we hadn't thought of! Will keep you posted on our progress.... 🤨

I think is you also put SCOTTISH in bold, then they have to realise it is love right???  You certainly didn't pick him for the Scottish Weather!! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Ausgirl42 said:

Hi guys, well, we've gone from received to "initial assessment" today and been asked for more information, namely any countries my partner (the applicant) has lived in for more than 12 months for past ten years (he's only lived in England so that one is easy), and more proof of our relationship. 

I am really surprised as we applied in August, but it does seem like they are putting on a big push before the end of the year to clear or move to the next stage as many applications as possible. 

Not sure what more "proof" we can give them of our relationship as I've given them 3 affidavits, 14 pages of timestamped screenshots and photos etc from ours and our friends social media since we got together 7 years ago, receipts of all our joint travel and holidays, and full statements explaining how we met, the development of our relationship, how we run our household etc. We don't have any joint finances at the moment as I moved into my partners house (so mortgage and bills were in his name) and we share one car which is in my name and I pay for sky and groceries.  Any ideas what else we can send them? One of our pals suggested a sex tape but I don't think I'd wish that on anyone!! 😆

I applied 1st August & got my request for further info last week!!! Just waiting on a new ACRO for myself as I missed off a previous name from 20yrs ago!! Fingers crossed for us both xx

• Like 3

Are you named on the council tax or electoral roles (You know the please verify who can vote letters you get each year???) Also are on each other's wills, pensions as named beneficiaries or in a joint life insurance as I assume he they have these for the house? That way they can show would go to you if something happened to him and vice versa?

In other news I saw 6 magpies before 10am .... was sure it would be my day but nope turns out we just have a lot of bloomin magpies around 🤣🤣🤣 at least I'm not getting dive bombed by them and those blasted drop bears [emoji23][emoji23]🤣

The other day (after I'd got my grant) we had a dozen or so magpies going mad outside. I went to see what was going on and my cat was running around with one in his mouth. I chased and shouted at him and he let it go and it flew off. His mates saved their friend. I'm not sure if that was a celebration of my good news or not [emoji38].
  • Like 2

Hey guys! 

So I had my medicals in Knightsbridge last Saturday and it was actually not a bad experience at all. They were uploaded to Immi today and it says that no further action is required which I am assuming is good news! 

Timeline so far is:

15/11/2018 applied front loaded with evidence and police checks for applicant and sponsor. 

01/12/2018 medical in Knightsbridge completed.

06/12/2018 medical uploaded to Immi with no further action required.

Think its the long wait which many of you have been through for us now! I'm praying it's a speedy one as we would like to be in Australia for June next year! 

Just a quick question, we would like to keep uploading further evidence to our application each month to prove it is continuing. What sort of things do you guys recommend uploading?

37 minutes ago, samie97 said:

Hey guys! 

So I had my medicals in Knightsbridge last Saturday and it was actually not a bad experience at all. They were uploaded to Immi today and it says that no further action is required which I am assuming is good news! 

Timeline so far is:

15/11/2018 applied front loaded with evidence and police checks for applicant and sponsor. 

Think its the long wait which many of you have been through for us now! I'm praying it's a speedy one as we would like to be in Australia for June next year! 

Just a quick question, we would like to keep uploading further evidence to our application each month to prove it is continuing. What sort of things do you guys recommend uploading?

We uploaded any communication such as phone records/facebook chats, bank statements and any joint holidays/invitations etc to show the continuing relationship while we waited for the decision. 

4 hours ago, samie97 said:

Hey guys! 

Timeline so far is:

Hi Samie, 

I'm aiming for June next year too.  We are awaiting an Australian Police check in addition to the UK one supplied.   Fingers crossed you get your answer soon !

I only have space for another 5 Docs before I reach the 100 docs limit, I would keep loading docs as you go. It can't do any harm!

My timeline is 

20th August 2018.  Applied for Visa (Not frontloaded)

17th Sept 2018 Health Assessment uploaded some follow up required but cleared in Oct

01 Dec 2018  - request for sponsor information 

Hi All, me again! We haven't had approval yet but are going to bite the bullet and fly out early January. Just a quick question, as I don't have my Partner Visa I'll apply for a Tourist / Family visa (can't remember the exact name). My question is, when I get to Border Control will they be OK if I only have a single ticket or do I need to show a return flight? Appreciate your wise advice. Thanks, Gems x 

Hi guys, we were contacted on 11.11.18 with a request for further information...sponsors UK and Aus Police checks and a certified copy of my full birth certificate (which I had to order...didn't realise the one I had wasn't a full one!). All submitted and went into further assessment on 29.11.18 so back to the waiting game. 

Thanks to everyone who mentioned being asked for police checks, it meant we already had ours ready for when the request came through! Saved loads of time.

• Like 2

Hi guys, we were contacted on 11.11.18 with a request for further information...sponsors UK and Aus Police checks and a certified copy of my full birth certificate (which I had to order...didn't realise the one I had wasn't a full one!). All submitted and went into further assessment on 29.11.18 so back to the waiting game. 
Thanks to everyone who mentioned being asked for police checks, it meant we already had ours ready for when the request came through! Saved loads of time.

Good luck GemTrae hope u get some good news before Xmas [emoji4]
  • Thanks 1

Hi, can I ask if anyone contacted the department in any way to let them know that the information they requested has been submitted through the Immi account?

we were asked for further correspondence on the 26th October and submitted everything that was requested within 7 days instead of the 28 days given. I couldn’t find anyway to contact them by email or enquiry form so just clicked on the final submission button. I’m hoping that is enough and they can now see it’s complete as we still havnt heard anything. Would hate to think there was something else we should have done...... thanks

@GemTrae your time line is pretty much the same as mine. Hoping for a Christmas present!

@TanC7 I just clicked the button to say I’d supplied the requested information. Unfortunately the templates used on the letter don’t seem to be up to date and make reference to contacting the case officer directly but with no means of doing so. Also the links at the bottom of the letter weren’t working for the “contact us”part of the website. Tried navigating the website but again was full of broken links 😬

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CEP said:

@GemTrae your time line is pretty much the same as mine. Hoping for a Christmas present!

@TanC7 I just clicked the button to say I’d supplied the requested information. Unfortunately the templates used on the letter don’t seem to be up to date and make reference to contacting the case officer directly but with no means of doing so. Also the links at the bottom of the letter weren’t working for the “contact us”part of the website. Tried navigating the website but again was full of broken links 😬

Thank you, that’s what we thought too. Thanks for the reassurance. Fingers crossed we all hear before Xmas....

3 minutes ago, Katiebobbles said:

We are the same ... I have re-read the request letters twice to see if I missed anything but can't see it.
All I have done is click the button at the bottom which is now greyed out.
Wouldn't it make the best Xmas pressy if we all hear beforehand

We have done the same! Thanks for the reassurance. It certainly would be great to start the new year being able to plan your future. Good luck , fingers crossed

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Katiebobbles said:

We are the same ... I have re-read the request letters twice to see if I missed anything but can't see it.
All I have done is click the button at the bottom which is now greyed out.
Wouldn't it make the best Xmas pressy if we all hear beforehand

It would be the best! Another week starts and another anxious wait! Trying to put to back of mind assuming won't be before Christmas but who knows!

I'm going to upload some more bank statements and things today just to keep the application fresh. 

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

I received my gold ticket a week ago and wanted to share some info with you. Here you go 🙂

In de-facto relationship for 3 years at the time of lodging the application. Lodged online, outside of Australia and without an agent.

my timeline:

24th June 2018: applied online in the Uk (I am a Slovak citizen- Eu) Since we lived in London, Australian Commission in London was automatically allocated my application.

28th September 2018: uploaded my Acro (uk police clearance) and health check (without being asked. I did it because I feared I would not be able to get all missing documents within 28 days from the first day of their contact. I didn't want to miss the deadline and thus get my application back to the queue)

15th November: first contact from the Commission: request for more info (my police clearance from Slovakia, partner's police clearance from Australia and Uk)

26th November 2018: loaded requested documents

1st December 2018: 309 and 100 visa granted (was living with my partner exactly 3 years when we lodged our application- we actually waited with lodging the application a couple of months in order to qualify for the permanent residency)

Thing that I wasn't sure about:

Certifying police clearance- when an officer contacted us asking for our police clearances, he said that the clearances should be certified. THIS HOWEVER ISN'T THE CASE IF YOU LODGED APPLICATION ONLINE!! I asked the Commission about certifying documents before we lodged my application and I was informed that in case of online application, documents don't need to be certified, including police clearance. Just make sure you provide them with scans in colour

EU national applying in the Uk- I am from Slovakia, which is part of the EU, but I was living in the Uk at the time of submission of the application. I wasn't sure if my application would be dealt with in my country of origin or country of residence. Eventually it became clear that my application was dealt with in the country of residence (Uk)

Average processing time for Uk based applicants (IF YOU SUBMIT enough documents proving your relationship) is around 6 months. Of course it can be more if your original application is not complete and thus has to be requested more information several times.

Traveling while my application is being processed- this one was the scariest thing which I actually didn't consult anyone about. A couple of months into submitting my application, we decided to quit our jobs and go travelling for 7 months while my application was being processed. We had a couple of friends who applied for the same visa a year ago and since they were granted their visa within 4 months despite the average processing time being 12 months (lodging in London), we decided to take the risk and went travelling while visa was being processed. The plan was that the visa would be granted while we were travelling (and it worked out perfectly whoop!). So the great news is that you can go travelling while your application is processed (I am talking only about OFFSHORE cases, don't know what the rules are for ONSHORE applications)

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR APPLICATIONS 🙂

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 2

Congrats Nikky that's fab,@dondons1uk I know ... it's especially hard when those who have requests for info after us, upload after us and then get the grant before us ..... it makes you doubt what you did was right ..... just got to trust in our 500 documents and assume we are in a pile somewhere and they just haven't got to us rather than there being an issue.
All crossed for this week

• Like 2

So I can't quite believe I'm writing this but

I GOT MY GOLDEN EMAIL!!!!! 

I now just have to leave the country for 5 working days and when I come back I can begin finding a job and then we can begin finding a house. It's all so exciting.

Thank you to everyone on this board for helping to keep me sane!

Jon you were right to have that good feeling. I'm hoping it happens for the rest of you too!  Come on KatieBobbles you must be next. 

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 5