It does seem like they approve them in batches - I received my grant yesterday as well. Applied end of April, further info requested 1st November, visa grant 30th November. 

Good of luck to all still waiting, I know your pain! 

Big congratulations RHJ1987!!
  • Like 1

Will put in a good word for all us in the further info queue ... prob is not sure how much credit I have I'm usually a bit too cheeky to be called a good girl 🤣[emoji39]

Behave yourself Katie and you'll get good news before Christmas. They must want to have a clear out beforehand.🤞[emoji2]
  • Like 1

It does seem like they approve them in batches - I received my grant yesterday as well. Applied end of April, further info requested 1st November, visa grant 30th November. 

Good of luck to all still waiting, I know your pain! 

Congratulations, good to see more happy people [emoji5]
  • Like 1

On 30/11/2018 at 23:27, laf said:

Congratulations BacktoOz!! I also received mine this afternoon. Both the 309 and 100. So relieved. Have to arrive before 23 March so can now look forward to a summer trip.
Thinking of all you still waiting. Katiebobbles you will be next I'm sure.

Congratulations, so pleased for you

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ATE said:

Police check finally arrived in the post, uploaded and now praying for a quick answer! We fly in 28 days.....

Good luck!  Im on week 4 since final uploads, but anything is possible as it’s the luck of the draw.....fingers crossed for you

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TanC7 said:

Good luck!  Im on week 4 since final uploads, but anything is possible as it’s the luck of the draw.....fingers crossed for you

Thank you, fingers crossed for you also. I wish there was someway of knowing the order! 🙂

35 minutes ago, ATE said:

Police check finally arrived in the post, uploaded and now praying for a quick answer! We fly in 28 days.....

Mine took 26 days from submitting further information so it's tight but you and Tanc7 might be lucky. I really hope so especially as you have booked your flight 😊

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, laf said:

Mine took 26 days from submitting further information so it's tight but you and Tanc7 might be lucky. I really hope so especially as you have booked your flight 😊

Thanks Laf, or it could end up with another flights into Jan 🤣

Gosh so quite a few of us with further info requested and back in the waiting game then...... 

Im waiting it out in Oz. I near my phone ping in the night and wake to check if it's "the" email. It hasn't been yet. And I thought babies disrupted your sleep .... Hahahaha this torment is a close comparison!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dondons1uk said:

Gosh so quite a few of us with further info requested and back in the waiting game then...... 

Im waiting it out in Oz. I near my phone ping in the night and wake to check if it's "the" email. It hasn't been yet. And I thought babies disrupted your sleep .... Hahahaha this torment is a close comparison!! 

Can't wait for the obsessive checking of everything to stop!  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ben34uk said:

Has anyone done a aat review on a visa or know anyone 

You can look up judgments on Austlii under the Migration Tribunal. Also, if it interests you, you can go to the MARA page and there is a list of agents who have been barred and reasons why and there's more than a few who have not uploaded documents resulting in refusals. It makes for interesting reading.

3 minutes ago, BacktoOz83 said:

You can look up judgments on Austlii under the Migration Tribunal. Also, if it interests you, you can go to the MARA page and there is a list of agents who have been barred and reasons why and there's more than a few who have not uploaded documents resulting in refusals. It makes for interesting reading.

Goodness that's worrying. 

Hi guys, well, we've gone from received to "initial assessment" today and been asked for more information, namely any countries my partner (the applicant) has lived in for more than 12 months for past ten years (he's only lived in England so that one is easy), and more proof of our relationship. 

I am really surprised as we applied in August, but it does seem like they are putting on a big push before the end of the year to clear or move to the next stage as many applications as possible. 

Not sure what more "proof" we can give them of our relationship as I've given them 3 affidavits, 14 pages of timestamped screenshots and photos etc from ours and our friends social media since we got together 7 years ago, receipts of all our joint travel and holidays, and full statements explaining how we met, the development of our relationship, how we run our household etc. We don't have any joint finances at the moment as I moved into my partners house (so mortgage and bills were in his name) and we share one car which is in my name and I pay for sky and groceries.  Any ideas what else we can send them? One of our pals suggested a sex tape but I don't think I'd wish that on anyone!! 😆

Edited by Ausgirl42
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Ausgirl42 said:

Hi guys, well, we've gone from received to "initial assessment" today and been asked for more information, namely any countries my partner (the applicant) has lived in for more than 12 months for past ten years (he's only lived in England so that one is easy), and more proof of our relationship. 

I am really surprised as we applied in August, but it does seem like they are putting on a big push before the end of the year to clear or move to the next stage as many applications as possible. 

Not sure what more "proof" we can give them of our relationship as I've given them 3 affidavits, 14 pages of timestamped screenshots and photos etc from ours and our friends social media since we got together 7 years ago, receipts of all our joint travel and holidays, and full statements explaining how we met, the development of our relationship, how we run our household etc. We don't have any joint finances at the moment as I moved into my partners house (so mortgage and bills were in his name) and we share one car which is in my name and I pay for sky and groceries.  Any ideas what else we can send them? One of our pals suggested a sex tape but I don't think I'd wish that on anyone!! 😆

That’s good news, glad to hear you still have a sense of humour! Think most of us have lost ours in this process.....

good luck, hope it comes through soon. Not sure what else to suggest.... car insurance document with a named driver?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ausgirl42 said:

A mix of documents sent to you at the same address in each name (as you are short of both)

Joint invitations to weddings events etc?

List of any payments to each others bank accounts showing shared money?  (I did this as we dont have joint account and I pay for pretty much everything).

• Like 1

Are you named on the council tax or electoral roles (You know the please verify who can vote letters you get each year???) Also are on each other's wills, pensions as named beneficiaries or in a joint life insurance as I assume he they have these for the house? That way they can show would go to you if something happened to him and vice versa?

In other news I saw 6 magpies before 10am .... was sure it would be my day but nope turns out we just have a lot of bloomin magpies around 🤣🤣🤣 at least I'm not getting dive bombed by them and those blasted drop bears [emoji23][emoji23]🤣

• Like 1

Not sure what more "proof" we can give them of our relationship as I've given them 3 affidavits, 14 pages of timestamped screenshots and photos etc from ours and our friends social media since we got together 7 years ago, receipts of all our joint travel and holidays, and full statements explaining how we met, the development of our relationship, how we run our household etc. We don't have any joint finances at the moment as I moved into my partners house (so mortgage and bills were in his name) and we share one car which is in my name and I pay for sky and groceries.  Any ideas what else we can send them? One of our pals suggested a sex tape but I don't think I'd wish that on anyone!! [emoji38]

Hi Ausgirl42 Just a thought but if you are sharing a car, wouldn’t your partner be named on the insurance, also correspondence for either of you at the same address is always helpful. Also do you have things like pensions for example showing each other as beneficiaries. Hope this helps a little [emoji4] I think the sex tapes shouldn’t be ruled out, but I’d try a few other avenues first [emoji6]
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ausgirl42 said:

Hahaha good idea but try other things first 😃🤣

Payments between you both? Wedding cards or Xmas cards to you both from friends / family? Pictures with each others families at events? Joint wedding invitations? Messages to each other when you've spent time apart (if you have)

• Like 1