1 minute ago, JMcKie said:

@psuwara I seen you had commented and thought your approval had came through, hopefully not too long for us both!

My wife and I were both just wondering and jumped on this site.

We had our previous VISA (309) done in Berlin, it took 9 months. 

Going to do an update for August. Just with photos and a story on our situation.

I think since you are from the UK your one should be processed faster.

Edited by psuwara
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, JMcKie said:

Hi All,

Just checking to see if there's been any movement on 100 visas lately?

Nothing here. Getting some documents ready for the October update if we don’t get it by then.

I just checked the visa time frames!! My god they have blown out!!! 100 VISA is now double what it was a month ago!! 

7 minutes ago, psuwara said:

Nothing here. Getting some documents ready for the October update if we don’t get it by then.

I just checked the visa time frames!! My god they have blown out!!! 100 VISA is now double what it was a month ago!! 

I just noticed that as well. @paulhand have you seen any changes on your end?

49 minutes ago, psuwara said:

Curious - what was it a month ago?  I've been making a note of them periodically for a couple years now but haven't looked since Jun

100 Partner Migrant processing time  
  Jan-20 Aug-20 Feb-21 Jun-22 Sep-22
75% 21 20 18 18 24
90% 32 24 24 29 39

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/partner-offshore

24 minutes ago, FirstWorldProblems said:

Curious - what was it a month ago?  I've been making a note of them periodically for a couple years now but haven't looked since Jun

100 Partner Migrant processing time  
  Jan-20 Aug-20 Feb-21 Jun-22 Sep-22
75% 21 20 18 18 24
90% 32 24 24 29 39

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/partner-offshore

I think I may have felt like it was a month ago when 90% were 24 months… now 39 months. 

It’s quite a jump to what it was before.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JMcKie said:

I just noticed that as well. @paulhand have you seen any changes on your end?

I do sense that low-risk 309s are taking somewhat longer than they were at the height of the pandemic - this would be consistent with the reduced numbers available in this, new, programme year. The 100 times may be a reflection of them finally making decisions on applications that have been outstanding for ages, at the expense of more recent applications. Remember, the numbers are backwards looking, not a reflection of expected processing times for new applications.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is quite an alarming jump

309 Partner Provisional processing time    
  Jan-20 Aug-20 Feb-21 Jun-22 Sep-22 Nov-22
75% 17 15 18 20 17 29
90% 20 20 22 32 36 38

For those of us trying to work backwards from a desired migration date to calculate when to submit, this makes planning quite challening when the current 25% and 50% are 10 and 14 months respectively.  

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

We've had partner visas granted for clients in the UK (subclass 309/100); taking about 4 to 5 months presently.

Best regards.

Were they for 309 or 100 specifically? I've just passed the 6 month mark since I put my 100 application in.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JMcKie said:

Were they for 309 or 100 specifically? I've just passed the 6 month mark since I put my 100 application in.

Lodged for subclass 309/100.

One was granted the 309 with the 100 granted a few minutes later.

The second was granted the 309 only; the 100 will follow in due course - additional documentation to be delivered going forwards that evidences the ongoing and genuine relationship.

Hope this helps.

Uploaded our December update with Photos and general write up. We submitted end of April.

Application still marked as further assessment. I don't think there will be any issues, just time consuming.

I wonder if the police checks will remain valid for the life of the application. Or if they will send us a RFI with updated AFP checks ... 🙂

Regards,

7 hours ago, psuwara said:

Uploaded our December update with Photos and general write up. We submitted end of April.

Application still marked as further assessment. I don't think there will be any issues, just time consuming.

I wonder if the police checks will remain valid for the life of the application. Or if they will send us a RFI with updated AFP checks ... 🙂

Regards,

Police checks are valid for 12 months, as are medicals. 

11 minutes ago, paulhand said:

Police checks are valid for 12 months, as are medicals. 

That's quite frustrating, given it's unlikely the VISA will be granted in that time with the time frames currently shown. Meaning you need to fork out for those AFP checks again... 😕 

8 minutes ago, psuwara said:

Well, I guess I can just front load it by getting it again, uploading as PoliceCheck2023  🙂 

For overseas police checks:

If you have not travelled to these countries after you got your last police check, I would recommend waiting till they request it and letting them know that you have not been there and, thus, no further checks are required. You can upload your international movement record as evidence that you have not been there, and thus they are still valid

For AFP: The process is a bit quick right now as they provide a digital option (no need to wait for it to be mailed to you). I recommend waiting

22 minutes ago, Popdude said:

For overseas police checks:

If you have not travelled to these countries after you got your last police check, I would recommend waiting till they request it and letting them know that you have not been there and, thus, no further checks are required. You can upload your international movement record as evidence that you have not been there, and thus they are still valid

For AFP: The process is a bit quick right now as they provide a digital option (no need to wait for it to be mailed to you). I recommend waiting

I believe we only need the AFP check, we arrived in Aus only about 6-7 months after the previous police check from Russia before we arrived in Australia.

• 1 month later...