Anyone been granted 309/100 recently? Feels like everything has gone quiet after a flurry of activity earlier this year. Not complaining mind as the state Australia is in with constant lockdowns, need the vaccination programs to progress a bit more before we would be keen to make the leap.

Hi, 

Two quick questions:

1) After being granted the 309, how long does it take for Immi to get in touch about the 100?

2) Given the Covid exemptions, has anyone on here entered/left Aus on more than one occasion with a 309? 

Thanks,
C

23 hours ago, UKAUS said:

Hi, 

Two quick questions:

1) After being granted the 309, how long does it take for Immi to get in touch about the 100?

2) Given the Covid exemptions, has anyone on here entered/left Aus on more than one occasion with a 309? 

Thanks,
C

Its 2 years from the date you applied for the 309, and usually Immi do not get in touch anymore, they rely on you checking your Immiaccount

My partner 100 visa was just granted by the London office.

Timeline: 

18.01.2021 Applied for visa 309/100 

18.02.2021 RFI from the London office -asking for the med checks& police checks

16.06.2021 - 2 RFI from the London office -asking for all the police checks -as I was not able to obtain all of them at the first occassion -provided all information I was asked for.

22.07.2021 -100 visa granted 

hope it helps & good luck everyone! 

Edited by Anna Mat
  • Congratulations 1

On 16/07/2021 at 20:13, returningtooz said:

Anyone been granted 309/100 recently? Feels like everything has gone quiet after a flurry of activity earlier this year. Not complaining mind as the state Australia is in with constant lockdowns, need the vaccination programs to progress a bit more before we would be keen to make the leap.

I have recevied my 100 visa from the London office. Please have a look at my post -I listed my timeline. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just did final submission for 309/100 visas - had to go to London for medical then wait for Aussie police check. Do you get any sort of acknowledgement? Only contact we had was original RFI - which gave us the name of case officer but no direct contact details. We can see within the application that the health check has been received and processed. We assume that whenever we submit further documents that our case officer gets some sort of notification. We assume now that we submitted all that was asked/and what we think was required it is now a waiting game...

Wanted to share my timelines as I have just received both 309 & 100

• Applied 24th March 2021
  • 26th March RFI as (no attachments attached in application)
  • 8th April Medical and Police checks completed
  • 27th May RFI (details on a previous conviction requested)
  • 28th July 309 & 100 Granted

We did not go through an agent and did the application ourselves. It was all pretty straightforward. When we submitted and paid we thought we would have a couple of weeks to get the attachments on the application as no one seemed to get assigned a Case officer straight away. Not in our case we got a RFI for everything the next day 🙂 

Very excited but expected a good 12 months + wait so 4 months has shocked us a bit. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/08/2021 at 18:34, Ozthepowerful said:

Wanted to share my timelines as I have just received both 309 & 100

• Applied 24th March 2021
  • 26th March RFI as (no attachments attached in application)
  • 8th April Medical and Police checks completed
  • 27th May RFI (details on a previous conviction requested)
  • 28th July 309 & 100 Granted

We did not go through an agent and did the application ourselves. It was all pretty straightforward. When we submitted and paid we thought we would have a couple of weeks to get the attachments on the application as no one seemed to get assigned a Case officer straight away. Not in our case we got a RFI for everything the next day 🙂 

Very excited but expected a good 12 months + wait so 4 months has shocked us a bit. 

Congrats!!! So happy to see this!! this is our exact timeline -3 days for us! Crazy! including the previous conviction request, one difference being that we didnt see the emails from ACRO and only got that sorted two days ago so this gives me hope that we only have a couple of months left 😄 Did you get asked to provide your sponsors UK police certificate?

Hey guys just wanted to share our timelines, as my wife has just received both her 309 & 100 in just under 3 months.

• Application Received 19th May
  • RFI for my 2 children's birth certificates and mine and my wife's - 24th May
  • RFI for AFP certificate - July 1st 
  • uploaded certificate - August 3rd
  • 309/100 visa granted today - August 13th

We front-loaded the medical and UK police checks. I knew they were issuing them quickly but we never thought it would be before September. We are so happy, lots to organize now.

• Congratulations 1

26 minutes ago, Nicko said:

Hey guys just wanted to share our timelines, as my wife has just received both her 309 & 100 in just under 3 months.

• Application Received 19th May
  • RFI for my 2 children's birth certificates and mine and my wife's - 24th May
  • RFI for AFP certificate - July 1st 
  • uploaded certificate - August 3rd
  • 309/100 visa granted today - August 13th

We front-loaded the medical and UK police checks. I knew they were issuing them quickly but we never thought it would be before September. We are so happy, lots to organize now.

congratulations @Nicko that's awesome news!

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/07/2021 at 20:13, returningtooz said:

I read on a reddit post that it gets really busy in June as that is the end of the financial year and they have quotas to meet so there are loads of grants in June, not sure if that so true as it came from Reddit 🙂 

We applied early May, had RFI the following day, took several weeks to upload evidence, then another month or so have medical and wait for police certificates. Visa granted last week - so pretty quick ! - and ideally would have liked until September next year to complete the move, but cant complain. Didnt use an agent - no need( and will save money) - if you are in a genuine marriage, live together and can provide a reasonable amount of evidence for this then it is fairly straightforward. Our 2 boys are now Australian citizens - by descent - again a straightforward application and only took 1 month to grant. 

Hey everyone! quick question for those who have travelled to australia recently, are the flights only half full? Im flying with an 18 month old and im wondering if there will be a seat beside me i can let him sit in? thanks in advance! 😄

both 309/100 granted 2nd September

• Submitted 28th March with most info 
  • RFI 29th March for police check and medical 
  • submitted both in late April 
  • request for police check info as 'No live trace'
  • all that sorted by the end of August (I missed the emails!!)
  • sponsor UK police check submitted 27th August 
  • GRANTED 2ND September!

5 hours ago, ashleym23 said:

Hey everyone! quick question for those who have travelled to australia recently, are the flights only half full? Im flying with an 18 month old and im wondering if there will be a seat beside me i can let him sit in? thanks in advance! 😄

At 18 months he will probably still fit into a bassinet.  Weight limit for Singapore Airlines is 14kg for instance, though I've read that airlines do differ on that.  Speaking from experience of transporting an infant from the UK to NZ and back a few times, I'd definitely recommend that if you can get it!

Edited by GrandpaGrumble
  • Like 1

On 03/09/2021 at 22:52, GrandpaGrumble said:

At 18 months he will probably still fit into a bassinet.  Weight limit for Singapore Airlines is 14kg for instance, though I've read that airlines do differ on that.  Speaking from experience of transporting an infant from the UK to NZ and back a few times, I'd definitely recommend that if you can get it!

aww thank you, my daughter fit in one at that age but this one is far too big lol, we're flying airfrance whose weight limit is only 10kg 😞 and he was 5 kg at birth 😮 

On 23/07/2021 at 14:51, Anna Mat said:

My partner 100 visa was just granted by the London office.

Timeline: 

18.01.2021 Applied for visa 309/100 

18.02.2021 RFI from the London office -asking for the med checks& police checks

16.06.2021 - 2 RFI from the London office -asking for all the police checks -as I was not able to obtain all of them at the first occassion -provided all information I was asked for.

22.07.2021 -100 visa granted 

hope it helps & good luck everyone! 

Congratulations, so do they sometimes grant the 100 visa straight away? I thought you were given the 309 and then given the 100 after 2 years? 

1 hour ago, emmajane0429 said:

Congratulations, so do they sometimes grant the 100 visa straight away? I thought you were given the 309 and then given the 100 after 2 years? 

Thank you 🙂 .  We applied for both at the same time. 100 came 1 min after 309.

I dont remember the details anymore but its all listed here :https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-finder