1 hour ago, psuwara said:

@Greystones @Dizeee

It's important to understand that you can only apply for the request to push back your arrival date if you think you cannot travel 3 months before the arrival date. This doesn't apply to April 2022.

QUOTE:

Are you a permanent or provisional family visa holder and want to travel to Australia but the Initial Entry Date (first entry date) specified on your visa grant letter has passed or will pass within the next 3 months? 

Thanks, yeah at the time of writing the original post I was thinking we wouldn't be ready to travel but now we are planning to travel December/January so it shouldn't be an issue unless there are delays and flights get cancelled, then we can apply for it, but hopefully that wont happen!

4 hours ago, Greystones said:

Thanks, yeah at the time of writing the original post I was thinking we wouldn't be ready to travel but now we are planning to travel December/January so it shouldn't be an issue unless there are delays and flights get cancelled, then we can apply for it, but hopefully that wont happen!

At the rate of vaccination I would expect almost everything to be getting back to normal by then.

19 hours ago, psuwara said:

At the rate of vaccination I would expect almost everything to be getting back to normal by then.

Not sure that’s the case , whilst I’m sure it will pick up I think the rollout has been a bit of a disaster. Think I read at this rate it will be July 2022 by the time everyone is vaccinated

• Like 2

For everyone waiting, please make a submission to the Australian Senate about this issue. The submission closing date is 30 Apr 2021 !!!

I've posted more information here
https://www.pomsinoz.com/topic/213074-urgent-family-and-partner-visa-senete-enquiy-let-senete-hear-your-voice-submissions-closing-30-apr-2021/

Even if you had your visa granted, or if you know someone who has been through this pain, please take a moment to read and make your case to the Government.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say a quick thank you to everyone for all of your help with organising visas and such! We’re now in Melbourne and hunkered for quarantine in a health hotel (my daughter had a very slight cough from a previous cold that wouldn’t go away, and they weren’t taking any chances!).

All the best for all of you, and feel free to reach out if I can ever be of any help.

• Congratulations 1

1 hour ago, Robin’s Emigrating said:

Just wanted to say a quick thank you to everyone for all of your help with organising visas and such! We’re now in Melbourne and hunkered for quarantine in a health hotel (my daughter had a very slight cough from a previous cold that wouldn’t go away, and they weren’t taking any chances!).

All the best for all of you, and feel free to reach out if I can ever be of any help.

wow @Robin’s Emigrating congratulations on actually making it home! Can I ask who you ended up flying with? We're all booked with Qatar for September but we are pretty worried about about being bumped at the last minute! Our kids always have (non-Covid) related coughs too so I wonder if we'll end up in a health hotel too then 😂

On 06/05/2021 at 00:26, ainzlondon79 said:

wow @Robin’s Emigrating congratulations on actually making it home! Can I ask who you ended up flying with? We're all booked with Qatar for September but we are pretty worried about about being bumped at the last minute! Our kids always have (non-Covid) related coughs too so I wonder if we'll end up in a health hotel too then 😂

Hey @ainzlondon79. We flew with Etihad and were really impressed all the way through. Only a 1 hour 50 minute stopoff in Abu Dhabi, and apart from a pretty complex check-in at London Heathrow (just because of the usual COVID travel complexities) it was very smooth. 

Yeah for the cough we just wanted to be really up front (and she actually coughed a couple of times in the airport, but barely ever since!). They take no chances, but are now planning to move us to a normal hotel on Sunday if our Day 4 COVID tests come back clear. Fingers crossed!  

• Thanks 1
  • Congratulations 2

Hi, 

Has anyone applied to have their entry period extended? If so, could you please let me know about the process?

My VISA was granted last year and, as things stand, I have to enter Aus by early December. 

Thanks,

On 07/05/2021 at 07:25, Robin’s Emigrating said:

Hey @ainzlondon79. We flew with Etihad and were really impressed all the way through. Only a 1 hour 50 minute stopoff in Abu Dhabi, and apart from a pretty complex check-in at London Heathrow (just because of the usual COVID travel complexities) it was very smooth. 

Yeah for the cough we just wanted to be really up front (and she actually coughed a couple of times in the airport, but barely ever since!). They take no chances, but are now planning to move us to a normal hotel on Sunday if our Day 4 COVID tests come back clear. Fingers crossed!  

We've book with Etihad for July in Melbourne. So far so good... Fingers crossed we finally make it back.

I actually booked both a Qatar and Etihad flight just in case 😄

On 13/05/2021 at 17:49, UKAUS said:

Hi, 

Has anyone applied to have their entry period extended? If so, could you please let me know about the process?

My VISA was granted last year and, as things stand, I have to enter Aus by early December. 

Thanks,

All the info is here. You can't do anything until it's 3 months before the arrival date.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/departmental-forms/online-forms/travel-facilitation-letter-request-form

• 1 month later...

Hi Folk,

My visa was granted on shore in April (due to the legislative changes with Covid). Just the 309… we are now awaiting the 100. It advises in the 100 is granted 2 years after applying, which for me would be July this year! Woohoo! Has anyone here had experience of what happens? Do they contact you and ask heaps of questions or what? Any help appreciated. 🔆

HI Everyone,

I have had my 100 visa granted for a couple of months now and planning to travel in November/December this year with my family. Wanted to ask if there was any sort of pre-registration that we needed to do before travelling? Is it as simple as booking flights and just going (assuming flights don't get cancelled!)? How does the Australian government make sure that the quarantine capacity of the state you are travelling to doesn't get exceeded? Is it up to the airlines to regulate the number of passengers returning?

Appreciate any advice or guidance!

Edited by Greystones

2 hours ago, Greystones said:

HI Everyone,

I have had my 100 visa granted for a couple of months now and planning to travel in November/December this year with my family. Wanted to ask if there was any sort of pre-registration that we needed to do before travelling? Is it as simple as booking flights and just going (assuming flights don't get cancelled!)? How does the Australian government make sure that the quarantine capacity of the state you are travelling to doesn't get exceeded? Is it up to the airlines to regulate the number of passengers returning?

Appreciate any advice or guidance!

The airline must submit their passenger manifest to the relevant state government department in the state to which they are flying. They already have a fair idea how many people they can put on a particular flight, but the government can request an adjustment if necessary. 

You often hear about people being bumped, but one of the reasons for that is that the airlines do try and transport as many people as they can. There are many reasons why I person may book a flight, and then be unable to travel. If that happens the airline will contact the liaison team and give them a revised manifest. The more people drop out, the more seats are available for that flight/that week/that state, until finally the manifests are closed. And then the airlines have to advise the unlucky ones at the back of the queue that there just aren't enough seats.

Overselling like this is frowned on in normal times, but at present it really is the only way to get as many people here as possible.

2 hours ago, Nemesis said:

The airline must submit their passenger manifest to the relevant state government department in the state to which they are flying. They already have a fair idea how many people they can put on a particular flight, but the government can request an adjustment if necessary. 

You often hear about people being bumped, but one of the reasons for that is that the airlines do try and transport as many people as they can. There are many reasons why I person may book a flight, and then be unable to travel. If that happens the airline will contact the liaison team and give them a revised manifest. The more people drop out, the more seats are available for that flight/that week/that state, until finally the manifests are closed. And then the airlines have to advise the unlucky ones at the back of the queue that there just aren't enough seats.

Overselling like this is frowned on in normal times, but at present it really is the only way to get as many people here as possible.

Hi Nemesis, thank you for the detailed reply. So in terms of notifying the Australian govt of your arrival, if you are allowed to fly on the flight you have booked then when you get there you will be given a hotel quarantine spot? But you will only know that you can fly for sure when the airline closes their manifest? Do you know how long before the flight that they close them?

19 hours ago, Greystones said:

Hi Nemesis, thank you for the detailed reply. So in terms of notifying the Australian govt of your arrival, if you are allowed to fly on the flight you have booked then when you get there you will be given a hotel quarantine spot? But you will only know that you can fly for sure when the airline closes their manifest? Do you know how long before the flight that they close them?

That I can't tell you. Looking at the experiences of most people on here, the numbers are cut down hugely well in advance, but I would guess that right up until the day before its possible to get bumped off if you are really unlucky. Have a read hrough the many threads on it, I think there are a few people who list their seats with only a few days notice. Economy Classes will get bumped first.

As for the quarantine hotel, thats in the hands of the State government. When you arrive you are handed from the airline to the State, and they are the ones who will have worked out hotel allocations. 

In Queensland they usually try and put everyone from one flight into the same hotel if they can, though they make exceptions for families - there are a couple of hotels that have suites instead of just rooms, and these are allocated to families, especially those with small children, whenever possible. Not sure bout other States.

4 hours ago, Nemesis said:

That I can't tell you. Looking at the experiences of most people on here, the numbers are cut down hugely well in advance, but I would guess that right up until the day before its possible to get bumped off if you are really unlucky. Have a read hrough the many threads on it, I think there are a few people who list their seats with only a few days notice. Economy Classes will get bumped first.

As for the quarantine hotel, thats in the hands of the State government. When you arrive you are handed from the airline to the State, and they are the ones who will have worked out hotel allocations. 

In Queensland they usually try and put everyone from one flight into the same hotel if they can, though they make exceptions for families - there are a couple of hotels that have suites instead of just rooms, and these are allocated to families, especially those with small children, whenever possible. Not sure bout other States.

Thank you Nemesis, appreciate the help

Qatar will cut flights about 2-3 weeks from the date of departure. We got pushed back 5 times (including changing flight routes), until I just bit the bullet and bought business class with Etihad. So far so good. Have my vaccine, just fingers crossed on the PCR results two days before we fly really... that's the only thing that has me concerned at all.

Edited by psuwara

I am hoping someone can help me. I am applying for a Partner (Provisional) visa Subclass 309 as I am currently in the UK and we are planning a move out to Australia. My husband is Australian so I am pretty sure this is the best visa option for me. When I go through the application form it does not ask for any documents - I assumed there would be the need for various ID documents / evidence documents.  When do these get submitted? 

Sorry,I started a new thread amd should have put it in here. I’m a dual citizen and Just been asked for a AFP Certificate even though I have lived in the Uk for 20years and still here. I uploaded the uk one now they are asking for this.

17 minutes ago, Nicko said:

Sorry, I started a new thread amd should have put it in here. I’m a dual citizen and Just been asked for a AFP Certificate even though I have lived in the Uk for 20years and still here. I uploaded the uk one now they are asking for this.

Hey Nick - yeah we had the same. As the sponsor you need BOTH UK and AUS police checks. The visa applicant only needs police certificates for anywhere they have lived for over 12 months. Make sure you order the correct one from Australia too as there are different categories, you need the one with full disclosure.

Edited by ainzlondon79

1 hour ago, ainzlondon79 said:

Hey Nick - yeah we had the same. As the sponsor you need BOTH UK and AUS police checks. The visa applicant only needs police certificates for anywhere they have lived for over 12 months. Make sure you order the correct one from Australia too as there are different categories, you need the one with full disclosure.

Thanks Ainz, I will have to double-check about full disclosure, knowing my luck I probably did the wrong one 🙂 I have just filled out the form and it was the one that cost $42. I used code 33 as instructed on the RFI - Out of interest how long did it take to receive yours in the post?

Cheers