Jump to content
Nadine1

Timeline on 309/100 via applied for in London

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, Robin’s Emigrating said:

Interesting, I didn’t know that was the case. Any idea what’s driving that?

It is also because they raised the so called planning level by 30,000 to 70,000 and then didnt issue as many visas, so will fall short and have probably told to do some quick ones. They also do quick ones to manage the PR re processing times on the website. 

MPs like Julian Hill MP have been kicking up a fuss as have some advocacy groups for partner visas about what a shambles the system is. 

Furthermore the recent Senate Inquiry (can make submissions until 30 April) means that there is more of a  focus on and scrutiny of the whole system, which is broken and a complete mess. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everybody. Hope you are all well and are progressing well through the stages! 
 

I am an Australian and have been living in the Uk for the last 12 years. We have recently decided that life or us is back in the UK and have started the process for my husband (Uk citizen applying for 309/100) and our 2 kids (who are applying for citizenship by decent). We lodged our initial application on 24th March and then were in the process of collating the requested documents for upload as a part of the next stage. We then received a request for more information from what appeared to be a case advisor on the 25th. Our questions are, does this notification happen instantly or does this mean a case advisor has been assigned to us (status has also changed from submitted to intital assessment) and would this be the point at which we will need to arrange for medical and police checks or with this come in the form of a specific request for information? Just conscious of their 12 month validity so don’t really want to have to undertake twice! 
 

We had prepared ourselves for a long process so can’t quite believe that would have already received a request for information. 
 

Thanks in advance for any advice for two complete novices! 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@returningtooz That's remarkably quick and certainly a good sign! Typically folks wait quite a while before hearing anything. Certainly sounds like they're ploughing through their backlog of 309/100 requests at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to book a health check in London. Does anyone know the availability of appointments. Assuming there is a quick turnaround to get the appointment as I have 28 days to get this done? Also does the Health check automatically get applied to your application?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ozthepowerful said:

I need to book a health check in London. Does anyone know the availability of appointments. Assuming there is a quick turnaround to get the appointment as I have 28 days to get this done? Also does the Health check automatically get applied to your application?

I got an appointment at the Knightsbridge clinic quickly - called on the Monday and my appointment was on a Thursday (I think they could have got me in even sooner). They said they generally have pretty good availability, so just give them a ring. The health check results do get uploaded automatically yes (or at least that's what happened with me - if there was an issue with them I suppose they could call you first, I'm not entirely sure).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/03/2021 at 10:54, returningtooz said:

Hi everybody. Hope you are all well and are progressing well through the stages! 
 

I am an Australian and have been living in the Uk for the last 12 years. We have recently decided that life or us is back in the UK and have started the process for my husband (Uk citizen applying for 309/100) and our 2 kids (who are applying for citizenship by decent). We lodged our initial application on 24th March and then were in the process of collating the requested documents for upload as a part of the next stage. We then received a request for more information from what appeared to be a case advisor on the 25th. Our questions are, does this notification happen instantly or does this mean a case advisor has been assigned to us (status has also changed from submitted to intital assessment) and would this be the point at which we will need to arrange for medical and police checks or with this come in the form of a specific request for information? Just conscious of their 12 month validity so don’t really want to have to undertake twice! 
 

We had prepared ourselves for a long process so can’t quite believe that would have already received a request for information. 
 

Thanks in advance for any advice for two complete novices! 
 

 

If I was you I'd just get everything now and upload it. I uploaded everything asap and my 309/100 was granted in three weeks. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, bowbow said:

I got an appointment at the Knightsbridge clinic quickly - called on the Monday and my appointment was on a Thursday (I think they could have got me in even sooner). They said they generally have pretty good availability, so just give them a ring. The health check results do get uploaded automatically yes (or at least that's what happened with me - if there was an issue with them I suppose they could call you first, I'm not entirely sure).

Thanks for this it’s really helpful. I have printed out my referral letter and was going to call the Knightsbridge medical place tomorrow morning at 9. I’m pretty flexible to go whenever so would be nice if I could get it in before the Easter weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Everyone 

anyone applied for subclass 100 visa recently? Curious to know how long you have all been waiting 

cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Ezzz said:

Hi Everyone 

anyone applied for subclass 100 visa recently? Curious to know how long you have all been waiting 

cheers

Hi All,

Applied for 100 on December 19th, Submitted all documents on Janurary 9th, no updates so far, the status still shows as 'Further Assessment'.

 

Kind Regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey folks - has anyone who applied for a 309/100 visa run into issues waiting for their kids citizenships? We're in that boat and getting very close to our flights now so considering applying for a visa for them using their British citizenship instead. Would anyone have any idea which visa we would apply for in this situation? Just an eVisitor visa?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Robin’s Emigrating said:

Hey folks - has anyone who applied for a 309/100 visa run into issues waiting for their kids citizenships? We're in that boat and getting very close to our flights now so considering applying for a visa for them using their British citizenship instead. Would anyone have any idea which visa we would apply for in this situation? Just an eVisitor visa?

Hi, yes, we had that issue and applying for the exemption (which I do think you will need to do) seemed to trigger the process and the citizenship came through.  Oddly, it took 10 months for our eldest and just over a week for our new born.  Both came through about a fortnight ago a couple of days after the exemption applications were processed.

I can't answer with any authority re which visa is the right one to apply for I'm afraid, but I would assume the same as you if you want a fall back option.  The issue with that is it will give you 90 days and then after that period I think they would have to leave Australia.  

I hope you get what you need.  This sounds very stressful and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.  

  • Thanks 1

_________________________

Visa Type: Partner 309 / 100 (married to sponsor) | Applied From: United Kingdom |  Application Date: End March 2020 | Police Check Upload: May 2020 | Medical Completed: June 2020 | All Document Evidence Ready: June 2020 | Document Evidence Update Rate: Every two months | RFI Received: mid-November 2020 from Berlin office.  Responded to on November 25th 2020 | Grant 309 & 100 Received: November 26th 2020

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Everyone, Yesterday I was granted my 309/100! After all the effort that goes into it it is quite surreal to get the email! I have been following this forum for nearly 2 years now and it has been great. If it is helpful to anyone my timeline is below:

Applied Nov 2020

RFI for medical and police checks - Feb 2021

Uploaded medical and police checks - March 2021

Granted April 2021

We had a pretty straightforward case as we are married, have 3 kids together and a mortgage. Interestingly they didn't request police checks for my wife (my sponsor)

One question I have is - I now have to activate the visa by 12th April 2022 by visiting Australia for the first entry. We will hopefully make the move and do this in one go. But if we aren't ready to move by that date, does anyone know if I can just fly there, activate it and return home without leaving airport and avoid hotel quarantine (if it is still a requirement then)???

  • Congratulations 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Greystones said:

Hi Everyone, Yesterday I was granted my 309/100! After all the effort that goes into it it is quite surreal to get the email! I have been following this forum for nearly 2 years now and it has been great. If it is helpful to anyone my timeline is below:

Applied Nov 2020

RFI for medical and police checks - Feb 2021

Uploaded medical and police checks - March 2021

Granted April 2021

We had a pretty straightforward case as we are married, have 3 kids together and a mortgage. Interestingly they didn't request police checks for my wife (my sponsor)

One question I have is - I now have to activate the visa by 12th April 2022 by visiting Australia for the first entry. We will hopefully make the move and do this in one go. But if we aren't ready to move by that date, does anyone know if I can just fly there, activate it and return home without leaving airport and avoid hotel quarantine (if it is still a requirement then)???

Amazing! Congrats! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×