22 hours ago, Robin’s Emigrating said:

Interesting, I didn’t know that was the case. Any idea what’s driving that?

It is also because they raised the so called planning level by 30,000 to 70,000 and then didnt issue as many visas, so will fall short and have probably told to do some quick ones. They also do quick ones to manage the PR re processing times on the website. 

MPs like Julian Hill MP have been kicking up a fuss as have some advocacy groups for partner visas about what a shambles the system is. 

Furthermore the recent Senate Inquiry (can make submissions until 30 April) means that there is more of a  focus on and scrutiny of the whole system, which is broken and a complete mess. 

• Like 1

Hi everybody. Hope you are all well and are progressing well through the stages! 

I am an Australian and have been living in the Uk for the last 12 years. We have recently decided that life or us is back in the UK and have started the process for my husband (Uk citizen applying for 309/100) and our 2 kids (who are applying for citizenship by decent). We lodged our initial application on 24th March and then were in the process of collating the requested documents for upload as a part of the next stage. We then received a request for more information from what appeared to be a case advisor on the 25th. Our questions are, does this notification happen instantly or does this mean a case advisor has been assigned to us (status has also changed from submitted to intital assessment) and would this be the point at which we will need to arrange for medical and police checks or with this come in the form of a specific request for information? Just conscious of their 12 month validity so don’t really want to have to undertake twice! 

We had prepared ourselves for a long process so can’t quite believe that would have already received a request for information. 

Thanks in advance for any advice for two complete novices! 

2 hours ago, Ozthepowerful said:

I need to book a health check in London. Does anyone know the availability of appointments. Assuming there is a quick turnaround to get the appointment as I have 28 days to get this done? Also does the Health check automatically get applied to your application?

I got an appointment at the Knightsbridge clinic quickly - called on the Monday and my appointment was on a Thursday (I think they could have got me in even sooner). They said they generally have pretty good availability, so just give them a ring. The health check results do get uploaded automatically yes (or at least that's what happened with me - if there was an issue with them I suppose they could call you first, I'm not entirely sure).

On 27/03/2021 at 10:54, returningtooz said:

Hi everybody. Hope you are all well and are progressing well through the stages! 

I am an Australian and have been living in the Uk for the last 12 years. We have recently decided that life or us is back in the UK and have started the process for my husband (Uk citizen applying for 309/100) and our 2 kids (who are applying for citizenship by decent). We lodged our initial application on 24th March and then were in the process of collating the requested documents for upload as a part of the next stage. We then received a request for more information from what appeared to be a case advisor on the 25th. Our questions are, does this notification happen instantly or does this mean a case advisor has been assigned to us (status has also changed from submitted to intital assessment) and would this be the point at which we will need to arrange for medical and police checks or with this come in the form of a specific request for information? Just conscious of their 12 month validity so don’t really want to have to undertake twice! 

We had prepared ourselves for a long process so can’t quite believe that would have already received a request for information. 

Thanks in advance for any advice for two complete novices! 

If I was you I'd just get everything now and upload it. I uploaded everything asap and my 309/100 was granted in three weeks. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, bowbow said:

I got an appointment at the Knightsbridge clinic quickly - called on the Monday and my appointment was on a Thursday (I think they could have got me in even sooner). They said they generally have pretty good availability, so just give them a ring. The health check results do get uploaded automatically yes (or at least that's what happened with me - if there was an issue with them I suppose they could call you first, I'm not entirely sure).

Thanks for this it’s really helpful. I have printed out my referral letter and was going to call the Knightsbridge medical place tomorrow morning at 9. I’m pretty flexible to go whenever so would be nice if I could get it in before the Easter weekend. 

21 hours ago, Ezzz said:

Hi Everyone 

anyone applied for subclass 100 visa recently? Curious to know how long you have all been waiting 

cheers

Hi All,

Applied for 100 on December 19th, Submitted all documents on Janurary 9th, no updates so far, the status still shows as 'Further Assessment'.

Kind Regards

Hey folks - has anyone who applied for a 309/100 visa run into issues waiting for their kids citizenships? We're in that boat and getting very close to our flights now so considering applying for a visa for them using their British citizenship instead. Would anyone have any idea which visa we would apply for in this situation? Just an eVisitor visa?

14 hours ago, Robin’s Emigrating said:

Hey folks - has anyone who applied for a 309/100 visa run into issues waiting for their kids citizenships? We're in that boat and getting very close to our flights now so considering applying for a visa for them using their British citizenship instead. Would anyone have any idea which visa we would apply for in this situation? Just an eVisitor visa?

Hi, yes, we had that issue and applying for the exemption (which I do think you will need to do) seemed to trigger the process and the citizenship came through.  Oddly, it took 10 months for our eldest and just over a week for our new born.  Both came through about a fortnight ago a couple of days after the exemption applications were processed.

I can't answer with any authority re which visa is the right one to apply for I'm afraid, but I would assume the same as you if you want a fall back option.  The issue with that is it will give you 90 days and then after that period I think they would have to leave Australia.  

I hope you get what you need.  This sounds very stressful and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.  

• Thanks 1

Hi Everyone, Yesterday I was granted my 309/100! After all the effort that goes into it it is quite surreal to get the email! I have been following this forum for nearly 2 years now and it has been great. If it is helpful to anyone my timeline is below:

Applied Nov 2020

RFI for medical and police checks - Feb 2021

Uploaded medical and police checks - March 2021

Granted April 2021

We had a pretty straightforward case as we are married, have 3 kids together and a mortgage. Interestingly they didn't request police checks for my wife (my sponsor)

One question I have is - I now have to activate the visa by 12th April 2022 by visiting Australia for the first entry. We will hopefully make the move and do this in one go. But if we aren't ready to move by that date, does anyone know if I can just fly there, activate it and return home without leaving airport and avoid hotel quarantine (if it is still a requirement then)???

• Congratulations 2

3 minutes ago, Greystones said:

Hi Everyone, Yesterday I was granted my 309/100! After all the effort that goes into it it is quite surreal to get the email! I have been following this forum for nearly 2 years now and it has been great. If it is helpful to anyone my timeline is below:

Applied Nov 2020

Granted April 2021

We had a pretty straightforward case as we are married, have 3 kids together and a mortgage. Interestingly they didn't request police checks for my wife (my sponsor)

One question I have is - I now have to activate the visa by 12th April 2022 by visiting Australia for the first entry. We will hopefully make the move and do this in one go. But if we aren't ready to move by that date, does anyone know if I can just fly there, activate it and return home without leaving airport and avoid hotel quarantine (if it is still a requirement then)???

Amazing! Congrats! 

Looking for guidance. I was requested Police checks within 28 days deadline. That deadline is up on Wednesday and I still have not received the police certificate, the 12th working day was yesterday to which ACRO quote the timeline although they say there can be COVID delays. Do you think it would be acceptable to upload the confirmation email from ACRO to show that I have made attempt to get the information requested and then follow on the Cert when it arrives? 

thanks I’m advance

Hey all, first post here but I've been following this thread for a while and it has been invaluable in helping to put together our visa application, so thanks to everyone who has input on here!

I just wanted to post to give visibility on our timelines:

Visa application: 16th Feb 2021

Medical done: 19th March 2021

Police clearance uploaded: 19th March 2021

Visa granted: 22nd April 2021

I'm an Australian citizen and have been with my partner (de facto) for the past three and a half years

Best of luck to everyone who is either starting or in the middle of this process. We're looking forward to getting to Australia now!

On 13/04/2021 at 11:06, Greystones said:

Applied Nov 2020

Granted April 2021

Hi Greystones - that's fantastic news on your visa and amazing how quick you got it. We are similar to yourselves as married with 3 children etc and I am just starting out the visa application process. Can I ask how long did it take you to do the actual application? 

On 13/04/2021 at 11:06, Greystones said:

They don't want you to do that - they will instead if needed continue to waive the initial entry dates as they are doing at the moment.

• Like 1

HI Dizee, when we really started focusing on it, it took a couple of months to get everything together, but I'm sure we could have gone faster. It's really difficult to know what the minimum amount of documents to submit is so we put up quite a lot. For the medical/police checks, I think the way things are going if you have those uploaded from the very start before they request them it could speed things up a lot. A couple of other people on this site have got theirs much faster that mine and I think that's because they put everything up in one go. Hope that helps

20 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

They don't want you to do that - they will instead if needed continue to waive the initial entry dates as they are doing at the moment.

HI Jon, thanks for that, are the initial entry dates currently waived for everyone or is this something we need to apply for?

37 minutes ago, Greystones said:

HI Jon, thanks for that, are the initial entry dates currently waived for everyone or is this something we need to apply for?

I believe it is essentially for everyone, but here is a letter you need to apply for which you present if anyone asks you on your journey.  

2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

I believe it is essentially for everyone, but here is a letter you need to apply for which you present if anyone asks you on your journey.  

Thanks Jon, found what I need here if anyone else needs it:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/departmental-forms/online-forms/travel-facilitation-letter-request-form

Edited by Greystones

@Greystones @Dizeee

It's important to understand that you can only apply for the request to push back your arrival date if you think you cannot travel 3 months before the arrival date. This doesn't apply to April 2022.

QUOTE:

Are you a permanent or provisional family visa holder and want to travel to Australia but the Initial Entry Date (first entry date) specified on your visa grant letter has passed or will pass within the next 3 months?