1 hour ago, martymarty5436425 said:

Funnily enough, it arrived at the Australia address today and my in-laws have just sent it over!  Hopefully you'll get yours shortly too.  🙂

That's good news! I keep checking the post here every day and come away disappointed when it's not arrived.

Hopefully you can get your visa granted soon!

It seems the Berlin VISA processing centre is picking up a lot of work. We just had an RFI, VISA Applied from Russia (100/309). We expected that our processing would take place in Belgrade Serbia, but it's been done in Berlin.

It looks like they are getting through a lot of the cases.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, psuwara said:

It seems the Berlin VISA processing centre is picking up a lot of work. We just had an RFI, VISA Applied from Russia (100/309). We expected that our processing would take place in Belgrade Serbia, but it's been done in Berlin.

It looks like they are getting through a lot of the cases.

My RFI came from Berlin on the 3rd of November, too. Applied through the London office. 

Still waiting, but slightly hopeful and banking on German efficiency 😉

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JMcKie said:

That's good news! I keep checking the post here every day and come away disappointed when it's not arrived.

Haha, I know the feeling.  Endless hoping! 

To give you an idea of how the progress goes, I submitted everything against the RFI request at around 16:00 UK time yesterday and the grant was received at 11:00 this morning.  

They are at least quick and hopefully they will be on your one too.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

21 hours ago, JMcKie said:

Our timeline looks very similar, applied May 8, had RFI for National Police check in Russia and some additional health documents. Interesting!

Interested in when they will continue processing, our application is now in Further Assessment, assume you are also in Further Assessment.

2 hours ago, martymarty5436425 said:

To give you an idea of how the progress goes, I submitted everything against the RFI request at around 16:00 UK time yesterday and the grant was received at 11:00 this morning.  

They are at least quick and hopefully they will be on your one too.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Holy Moly! That was a one day turn over!!! 

2 hours ago, martymarty5436425 said:

We uploaded our documents last night/today! Fingers crossed they'll give the VISA tomorrow. 

One question, how long have you been Married?

For those interested, there is a Private Member's Bill being presented to Parliament next week by Labor's Julian Hill MP to temporarily change the partner visa rules so those who applied offshore but are stuck onshore do not have to leave to get a decision.

It is probably likely that the Bill may not proceed as it will need the support of the Liberal Government. However, it may mean the Immigration Minister Alan Tudge, who has the ability to issue the concession without the Parliament Bill, will be under some pressure to do so, given the number of stranded Australians who cannot re-enter Australia due to lack of quarantine places.

The response on the parliamentary petition that was circulating a few months ago is also due in the next Parliament.

Yesterday there was some news coverage in Australia:

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/call-for-australian-partner-visa-rule-change-so-applicants-don-t-have-to-fly-offshore-during-pandemic

https://www.9news.com.au/national/partner-visa-australia-the-regulation-forcing-partners-to-make-expensive-and-risky-flights-overseas/423ee84e-f54d-4208-a1ec-679c4ed3099d

Edited by GRS

On 26/11/2020 at 11:48, martymarty5436425 said:

The AFP check arrived in Sydney through the night, so we've now provided everything requested in the RFI. Hopefully, the grant comes through as quick as yours!

Hi all,

Just thought I would post my timeline so hopefully it can be of some use for people. 

I am a UK citizen applied for our 309/100 visa with my Australian partner (been together 4 years, living together 3.5 years) on the 10th Feb this year from London. We went through a migration agent called Emergico, and uploaded everything straight away such as police checks etc. 

We received an email on the 5th March that we had been assigned a case officer and asked us to send through my medical, which was sent through on the 20th March. 

After that we didn't hear anything up until last night when I got an email to say I have been granted my 309 visa! Our migration agent mentioned that if it wasn't because of COVID our application would have been one of the quickest to have been processed that they have ever had. I'm super delighted and realise how lucky we are as it only took 9 and a bit months to be accepted. 

I do believe that they are increasing the amount of partner visas being approved and soon they should be able to get through the backlog of applications. I hope you all start getting good news emails through soon! Keep positive and know that it will all be worth it in the end ☺️ 

x

55 minutes ago, CloLou said:

Hi all,

Just thought I would post my timeline so hopefully it can be of some use for people. 

I am a UK citizen applied for our 309/100 visa with my Australian partner (been together 4 years, living together 3.5 years) on the 10th Feb this year from London. We went through a migration agent called Emergico, and uploaded everything straight away such as police checks etc. 

We received an email on the 5th March that we had been assigned a case officer and asked us to send through my medical, which was sent through on the 20th March. 

After that we didn't hear anything up until last night when I got an email to say I have been granted my 309 visa! Our migration agent mentioned that if it wasn't because of COVID our application would have been one of the quickest to have been processed that they have ever had. I'm super delighted and realise how lucky we are as it only took 9 and a bit months to be accepted. 

I do believe that they are increasing the amount of partner visas being approved and soon they should be able to get through the backlog of applications. I hope you all start getting good news emails through soon! Keep positive and know that it will all be worth it in the end ☺️ 

x

Amazing news! Congratulations. Do you know where your application was processed? UK or Germany?

3 hours ago, psuwara said:

Amazing news! Congratulations. Do you know where your application was processed? UK or Germany?

Thank you! I'm pretty sure it was the UK since we applied from London but our migration agents are based in Brisbane so cannot say for sure. 

21 hours ago, GRS said:

For those interested, there is a Private Member's Bill being presented to Parliament next week by Labor's Julian Hill MP to temporarily change the partner visa rules so those who applied offshore but are stuck onshore do not have to leave to get a decision.

It is probably likely that the Bill may not proceed as it will need the support of the Liberal Government. However, it may mean the Immigration Minister Alan Tudge, who has the ability to issue the concession without the Parliament Bill, will be under some pressure to do so, given the number of stranded Australians who cannot re-enter Australia due to lack of quarantine places.

The response on the parliamentary petition that was circulating a few months ago is also due in the next Parliament.

Yesterday there was some news coverage in Australia:

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/call-for-australian-partner-visa-rule-change-so-applicants-don-t-have-to-fly-offshore-during-pandemic

https://www.9news.com.au/national/partner-visa-australia-the-regulation-forcing-partners-to-make-expensive-and-risky-flights-overseas/423ee84e-f54d-4208-a1ec-679c4ed3099d

This is me! I am praying that this gets put through. I would have to get new police and health checks done when I can eventually fly. We can’t afford for me to leave and come back, I also have a small child. It’s so distressing everyday. I don’t hold much hope put for it being passed. The migration law is so ridiculous and old. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Poppysunday said:

This is me! I am praying that this gets put through. I would have to get new police and health checks done when I can eventually fly. We can’t afford for me to leave and come back, I also have a small child. It’s so distressing everyday. I don’t hold much hope put for it being passed. The migration law is so ridiculous and old. 

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/covid-19-visa-concessions?fbclid=IwAR327JoEIuopIZv6rCsINnR1v6B0sJmJci7pk5VdPQEPBJCoQC5wKP25rMo

There's some hope @Poppysunday! Early 2021!!!. Extract of guidance just published earlier today below: 

Some categories of visa require applicants to be outside of Australia at the time the visa is granted. The Department is aware that the travel restrictions and limitations associated with COVID-19 are affecting visa applicants, particularly applicants for family visas who have come to Australia. 

It is intended that changes will be implemented in early 2021 that would allow certain family visas, which have been applied for outside Australia, to be granted while the visa applicant is in Australia.  This temporary concession will be for people who are in Australia and are not able to travel offshore to be granted the visa due to COVID-19 related border closures.

The concession will apply to certain applicants for the following Family visa subclasses:

• Child (subclass 101) visa
  •  Adoption (subclass 102) visa
  •  Dependent Child (subclass 445) visa
  •  Prospective Marriage (subclass 300) visa
  • Partner (subclass 309) visa

Further information will be available in early 2021.

4 hours ago, psuwara said:

We just got our Stage 1 - 309 VISA Granted! Looks like some people are also getting the 100 immediately, but likely only people who have been in relationships longer. What a Christmas present! My wife predicted she would get it in December. She was one day off. 😛

Congratulations!

On 28/11/2020 at 22:32, GRS said:

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/covid-19-visa-concessions?fbclid=IwAR327JoEIuopIZv6rCsINnR1v6B0sJmJci7pk5VdPQEPBJCoQC5wKP25rMo

There's some hope @Poppysunday! Early 2021!!!. Extract of guidance just published earlier today below: 

Some categories of visa require applicants to be outside of Australia at the time the visa is granted. The Department is aware that the travel restrictions and limitations associated with COVID-19 are affecting visa applicants, particularly applicants for family visas who have come to Australia. 

It is intended that changes will be implemented in early 2021 that would allow certain family visas, which have been applied for outside Australia, to be granted while the visa applicant is in Australia.  This temporary concession will be for people who are in Australia and are not able to travel offshore to be granted the visa due to COVID-19 related border closures.

The concession will apply to certain applicants for the following Family visa subclasses:

• Child (subclass 101) visa
  •  Adoption (subclass 102) visa
  •  Dependent Child (subclass 445) visa
  •  Prospective Marriage (subclass 300) visa
  • Partner (subclass 309) visa

Further information will be available in early 2021.

So happy!! I was waiting for the news articles to be released. Such a huge weight of our shoulders if it does actually happen! 

Hi all, just wanted to provide an update as we received an RFI for our medical today! This was the only item requested. It has caught us out as we only had the medical booked for the 14th December! It has come from the Berlin office, so as others have said it does appear they are picking up a lot of work for London office applications. It makes me wonder if we had the medical earlier we might just have got our visa today... never mind, will see what happens after we complete the medical and it gets uploaded, still might get our visa before xmas, what a wonderful present that would be 😁

We only applied in September so it's not even been 3 months yet. It is clear that they are now processing applications much faster and people should ignore the 17 month timeframe quoted on the immigration website, make sure your applications are fully front loaded and get your police and medical checks as soon as possible!

Yes agreed - @ainzlondon79 please don't tell people to ignore timeframe. There are 2018 and 2019 applicants still waiting who applied from the UK.

Processing is not done in order of receipt and it gives people false hope. Each case can be treated very differently and a person's case may not be dealt with by London or be transferred to Berlin (a very quick processing office) but to another much " slower" office somewhere else in the world. 

My advice expect the worst and then anything quicker is a miracle, otherwise it will take a massive toll on your mental health.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 30/11/2020 at 21:23, ainzlondon79 said:

Hi all, just wanted to provide an update as we received an RFI for our medical today! This was the only item requested. It has caught us out as we only had the medical booked for the 14th December! It has come from the Berlin office, so as others have said it does appear they are picking up a lot of work for London office applications. It makes me wonder if we had the medical earlier we might just have got our visa today... never mind, will see what happens after we complete the medical and it gets uploaded, still might get our visa before xmas, what a wonderful present that would be 😁

We only applied in September so it's not even been 3 months yet. It is clear that they are now processing applications much faster and people should ignore the 17 month timeframe quoted on the immigration website, make sure your applications are fully front loaded and get your police and medical checks as soon as possible!

I wondered the same about having the medical, etc. front loaded, too. We applied on 4 Dec. 2019 and uploaded absolutely everything (apart from the medical). Received an RFI for the medical on 6 Nov. 2020. Undertook the medical on 12 Nov., and then grant came through this morning.

Drop me a line if you have any questions about my experience of the medical. 

G’luck with everything 👍🏻

C

• Thanks 1

Love some help from the gurus here on Pomsinoz. We’re nearing completion of Stage 1 of my 309/100 but have a few questions:

1. We’ve provided names of two Supporting Witnesses from our marriage. One is my Best Man (British) and the other is one of her bridesmaids (Australian) as her maid of honour was my sister and I assume you cannot use family members. I’m told we’re required to submit 888 forms to validate once we reach the ‘upload’ stage. Should these be from the same two people, or others/more? Also, should we prioritise two Australian citizens as supporting witnesses, or is one Brit and one Australian ok?
2. We’ve separately been requesting our daughters citizenships, however that process works differently as you’re able to upload documents prior to submitting so already have a good feel for what is needed. Are there any good/trusted resources you can recommend that walks through the required documents to be uploaded? I’m sure guidance is provided once we get there in the process, just trying to get a head start.

3. I keep hearing people talk about ‘front loaded’. Does this mean they’ve completed all uploads and medicals/police checks before the case officer picks it up?

Thank you!