7 hours ago, GuyPB said:

I had also read on the forums that it was 12 months from either you police check or health check, whichever was the later.

My grant letter has given me 12 months from the date of issue, so in my case visa was granted 12th Nov 2020 and I have until 12th Nov 2021 to enter Australia, so maybe they've changed it?

G

Oh that's interesting! Yes that's partly why we held off getting those bits done at the front end as we didn't want to find ourselves with zero time to get our affairs in order before relocating. Well that's really useful to know, I wonder if it's changed because it's also not straightforward to get over to Australia right now with covid, and they are giving people longer? Who knows. Thanks for your response.

7 hours ago, GuyPB said:

Hey,

I went for my medical 11th June 2020 and it was uploaded by Knightsbridge Doctors within 48 hours onto the Immi portal. I also uploaded the confirmation of appointment when I submitted my application on the 7th June 2020.

G

Thanks that's reassuring! We will be using the Cardiff clinic so not sure if they do things differently, but I hope it's fairly systematic and quick. Did they give you any info about the results of the exam or is not shared with you at all? I assume all will be fine though and it's just (expensive) formality. 

7 hours ago, martymarty5436425 said:

I completed the health check in London and they update Immi directly once the appointment is complete.  They did so within a couple of working days after the appointment.  They don't send you anything in the post or via email afterwards for you to upload.

After having the health check, you can see if they have completed the necessary update by checking the 'Health Assessment' section of the portal (underneath 'Attach Documents' on the left hand menu).  If they have made the update, it will read (as mine does now): 'All health examinations required for the specified visa subclass have been finalised...'.

Thanks!! Thats' really useful to know! I expect I will be refreshing that page once the health exam is done, ha ha!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JMcKie said:

Hi All,

It's looking like visas are starting to get approved again. I've also been asked for an RFI (medical and police checks) similar to others. Medical has been completed, I'm just waiting on my police checks coming. Is anyone also waiting for the AFP to send the police check over in the post?

We are trying to get ours sorted tonight but likely will pay extra to have them processed more quickly. How long have you been waiting? The website says should only take under 2 weeks for the standard check, but it's not clear if covid has affected their turnaround time at all?

Congrats on getting to a stage where they are requesting RFI! I was so excited this morning when I saw the email from immi! 🎉

Has anyone else got any experience of how long it took for your ACRO police check to be turned around?

Edited by bicek

Hi All,

It's looking like visas are starting to get approved again. I've also been asked for an RFI (medical and police checks) similar to others. Medical has been completed, I'm just waiting on my police checks coming. Is anyone also waiting for the AFP to send the police check over in the post?

Hi @JMcKie I just got my AFP check last month, it takes about 2 weeks from the day they email you saying its been completed and is being sent. Hope that helps!

54 minutes ago, bicek said:

Has anyone else got any experience of how long it took for your ACRO police check to be turned around?

Hi @bicek I had a quick look... we requested our ACRO on 12th September and we scanned and uploaded them on 1st October but we didn't upload them until a few days after they arrived in the post. So about 2 weeks I'd say from request to arrival by mail (and that was without the express option - I think you can pay extra to get it quicker) 😄

1 hour ago, bicek said:

We are trying to get ours sorted tonight but likely will pay extra to have them processed more quickly. How long have you been waiting? The website says should only take under 2 weeks for the standard check, but it's not clear if covid has affected their turnaround time at all?

Congrats on getting to a stage where they are requesting RFI! I was so excited this morning when I saw the email from immi! 🎉

I have just got an email from AFP advising that international post has been delayed by 8-12 weeks. They have offered to send out an additional copy to an Australian address for me. The police check was completed in 24 hours for me, but the postage delay could force people to be waiting longer than expected.

12 hours ago, bicek said:

It took about two weeks in total to process and some of that was throughout the current lockdown.  This was our second one and the first one took the same amount of time (throughout the first lockdown).  

After processing, it took about 2-3 working days for the paperwork to arrive at our address.

Great to see some movement again. 

No updates for us still. Applied July 2019 and received RFI February 2020. Nothing since. Quite disheartening. We've delayed moving plans indefinitely now cause we've no idea what's going on. 

ETA we supplied police checks August 2019 and hubby did his medical Nov 2019 so I'm guessing they'll have to be done again. Hoping there's more leway considering covid delaying everything. 

Edited by OzinEire

18 minutes ago, OzinEire said:

No updates for us still. Applied July 2019 and received RFI February 2020. Nothing since. Quite disheartening. We've delayed moving plans indefinitely now cause we've no idea what's going on. 

ETA we supplied police checks August 2019 and hubby did his medical Nov 2019 so I'm guessing they'll have to be done again. Hoping there's more leway considering covid delaying everything. 

Your timelines are pretty much the same as ours! No word either 😭

2 hours ago, OzinEire said:

1 hour ago, moominfillyjonk said:

Your timelines are pretty much the same as ours! No word either 😭

Have faith! I wrote this to you and then went for a run, thinking that's it I am going to apply for the tourist visa when I get home and.... I just had an email to say both 100/309 have been granted! They must be hard at work processing again, they really must!!

• Congratulations 3

3 hours ago, moominfillyjonk said:

Have faith! I wrote this to you and then went for a run, thinking that's it I am going to apply for the tourist visa when I get home and.... I just had an email to say both 100/309 have been granted! They must be hard at work processing again, they really must!!

No way! What are the chances lol. Congrats!!! 

5 hours ago, moominfillyjonk said:

ohhhh @moominfillyjonk fantastic... huge congrats! 

23 hours ago, patrickjkennedy said:

Partner application submitted offshore 15 March 2020 - front loaded except for medical report

RFI for medical received - 12 Nov 2020

Medical report uploaded - 19 Nov 2020

Visa granted - 20 Nov 2020

Oh wow that's amazing news, congrats! 

Applied mid-Jan 2020 and uploaded supporting evidence then.  Got asked for medical/police check in mid Oct, visa granted last Thursday.  So about the sort of best case scenario I was expecting in Jan when I applied- but nowhere near as bad as I thought it might be given the estimated timelines it was showing me earlier in the year.

9 minutes ago, Jbaker said:

Applied mid-Jan 2020 and uploaded supporting evidence then.  Got asked for medical/police check in mid Oct, visa granted last Thursday.  So about the sort of best case scenario I was expecting in Jan when I applied- but nowhere near as bad as I thought it might be given the estimated timelines it was showing me earlier in the year.

Hi @Jbaker, how long did it take for your AFP certificate to arrive from Australia? That's the only thing I'm waiting on before I've supplied everything requested in the RFI.

44 minutes ago, JMcKie said:

Hi @Jbaker, how long did it take for your AFP certificate to arrive from Australia? That's the only thing I'm waiting on before I've supplied everything requested in the RFI.

Pre-Covid, ours took around 2 weeks to arrive in the UK. Given the current climate, I guess that it could take a few weeks more? If possible, could you have them sent to an Australian address, and have someone scan the doc(s)? 

We had an RFI for a medical on 7 November, so fingers crossed that it won't take them too much longer to reach a decision. 

3 hours ago, UKAUS said:

Pre-Covid, ours took around 2 weeks to arrive in the UK. Given the current climate, I guess that it could take a few weeks more? If possible, could you have them sent to an Australian address, and have someone scan the doc(s)? 

We had an RFI for a medical on 7 November, so fingers crossed that it won't take them too much longer to reach a decision. 

I have asked them to send an additional copy to my partner's mother in Sydney. I was just wondering how long it took for other people to receive theirs.

Have you uploaded your medical or waiting to get it done?

Luckily I didn’t need one - think you only need one if you have lived in Oz for more than 12 months in the last 10 years?   I’ve only ever lived in the UK so only needed a UK police check which was turned around in about a week (and my Aussie partner who is the visa sponsor has lived in the UK continuously for more than 10 years too so didn’t need an AFP check either, if that’s the angle?).

I don’t think there are huge delays with Oz to UK post though - as the stuff my in laws send over for our kids still seems to get through in a fairly normal timescale.

Edited by Jbaker

4 hours ago, JMcKie said:

I have asked them to send an additional copy to my partner's mother in Sydney. I was just wondering how long it took for other people to receive theirs.

Have you uploaded your medical or waiting to get it done?

Medical: I had it on 12 November in London, and it was uploaded by the medical centre within 3 working days. 

AFP: my partner may have to get another police check as her 12-month clearance period is up in mid-December. 

19 hours ago, JMcKie said:

We did the same thing and it was confirmed as sent to a Brisbane address on 12th November.  The AFP still hasn't arrived at that address unfortunately.    

I'll let you know if it surfaces.  Hopefully yours is quicker!

1 hour ago, martymarty5436425 said:

We did the same thing and it was confirmed as sent to a Brisbane address on 12th November.  The AFP still hasn't arrived at that address unfortunately.    

I'll let you know if it surfaces.  Hopefully yours is quicker!

Do you think yours may be taking longer due to state restrictions?