When I was evidencing holidays together for example I would screenshot photos and then drop them in to a word document which I would then pdf. At least this way I was only uploading one document but with lots of evidence within it. It did mean I needed to compress the files as some were too large to upload but I was able to do this for free online. All in all it took me about 2 months to do it all (almost working and kids etc). I found it a long process and pretty painful at times but once its done it’s done! In my statutory declaration statement I would reference the evidence as I went along... I’ve attached a page from my statutory declaration with private bits blacked out as I thought it might be useful for you. 

2C51195C-71DB-46A2-B654-C20FF2FDA94F.jpeg

I’ve also got a guide that I paid for and downloaded. Happy to email it to you as it might help. I didn’t follow it to the T but definitely found it useful when I first started the process. Just to note, I only lodged in March so mines not been granted yet but I have been granted a temporary visa and exemption to enter Australia in December which is when we’re relocating 

Thank you so much Almat, that is really helpful. I think I underestimated the level of detail I had to go into. Looks like a legal bundle!

Which temporary visa have you received?

I’d love to see the guide if you are willing to share, I’ll see if I can work out how to message you my email address. 

4 hours ago, Almat said:

I’ve also got a guide that I paid for and downloaded. Happy to email it to you as it might help. 

Hi @Almat I would also love a copy of that guide if possible! I'll send you a private message

9 hours ago, TrudiStrange said:

Thank you so much Almat, that is really helpful. I think I underestimated the level of detail I had to go into. Looks like a legal bundle!

Which temporary visa have you received?

I’d love to see the guide if you are willing to share, I’ll see if I can work out how to message you my email address. 

@TrudiStrange I might have gone overboard but I just wanted to make sure I had included everything. On reflection 17 years together, 2 children, 2 houses, a dog, a joint business and the like should be enough but hey ho, ha ha! So when I realised they weren't reviewing partner visas due to covid I went and applied for the 600 tourist visa and then the exemption. After submitting the exemption form both this and the visa was approved (within 72 hours). Its for a year and unfortunately means I cant work but I am hoping my partner visa will be issued within the year. If not I will apply for a bridging visa until my partner one is approved. I had to get there in January as the children start their new schools then, we've rented the house out etc

13 hours ago, Almat said:

I went and applied for the 600 tourist visa and then the exemption. After submitting the exemption form both this and the visa was approved (within 72 hours).

Wait, so you applied for the Exemption before even being approved for the 600 tourist visa?

We applied a couple months ago for the 600 and still waiting. I have read on multiple websites of the Government saying do not apply for an exemption unless if you have a visa. My wife doesn't have a visa and we are stuffing around waiting and I read this to see that maybe this may make it faster. I wonder if others are doing this.

19 hours ago, Almat said:

@TrudiStrange I might have gone overboard but I just wanted to make sure I had included everything. On reflection 17 years together, 2 children, 2 houses, a dog, a joint business and the like should be enough but hey ho, ha ha! So when I realised they weren't reviewing partner visas due to covid I went and applied for the 600 tourist visa and then the exemption. After submitting the exemption form both this and the visa was approved (within 72 hours). Its for a year and unfortunately means I cant work but I am hoping my partner visa will be issued within the year. If not I will apply for a bridging visa until my partner one is approved. I had to get there in January as the children start their new schools then, we've rented the house out etc

They're not reviewing partner visas? Or they are reviewing them very slowly?

I was approved for a 600 visa and an exemption to enter last week. I now have the prospect of applying for a leave of absence from my employer and going to Australia for 3 months. I was kind of hoping my partner visa would come through before those three months are up. We plan to travel after Christmas.

Hi all,

Thanks for having me. Sorry to hear so many are having to wait so long for their 309/100's. Having the option to apply for a 600+exemption is really useful to know if we get into 2021 and still haven't heard anything (which seems pretty likely!). Thanks to reading this thread - we realised we completely missed both the sponsor application and AFP check for the sponsor - both now completed.

I have a couple of questions in case anyone can answer them:

1) On the partner application, did anyone submit a written/PDF 40SP a form as an attachment? I read elsewhere that the sponsor application you do through Immigov is the same thing?

2) On the sponsor application, we referenced attachments for the written questions (nature of commitment, development of relationship etc.) as that's how we did it on the partner application as we found this much easier (word documents, converted to PDF). Can you upload the same written answers for the sponsor application or do they need to be re-written from the sponsor's perspective? 

3) For anyone that has actually received a 309/100 - when you receive it, is it simply an email or do you get a document or something to stick into the applicant's passport? I would have thought you would be required to send in the applicant's passport for them to put something in (as this is what I had to do for my original UK ancestry visa) but it doesn't seem so

Thanks again for all the useful tips. Good luck to all, I'm looking forward to hearing the good news when some of you get your applications finalised 🙂 

3 hours ago, DUBtoBNE said:

They're not reviewing partner visas? Or they are reviewing them very slowly?

I was approved for a 600 visa and an exemption to enter last week. I now have the prospect of applying for a leave of absence from my employer and going to Australia for 3 months. I was kind of hoping my partner visa would come through before those three months are up. We plan to travel after Christmas.

I emailed the London office and they said they are still  processing but at very reduced capacity. I randomly came across this piece of information which shows they are processing but at dramatically lower rates pre-COVID.

fa-200700929-document-released.PDF

Also does anyone know when you apply for the offshore visa you can't apply for a bridging visa to work in Australia can you? I've mentioned this to a couple of people (who have Australian partners), that we might end up having to go over on a visitor visa but it means I won't be able to work and they keep saying why don't you just apply for a bridging visa? And I say you can't do that on the offshore one, and they say I'm sure you can! Now I am self-doubting 🤪

• Like 1

@moominfillyjonk same boat as you. Applied for offshore (but later than you, march 2020). In September I was granted 600 visa and exemption. Flight booked for 31st Dec with my Aussie citizen children (Australian citizen husband to join us in March 2021 to allow him to complete work commitments). If my 600 expires and I’ve not yet received my partner visa I’ll apply for a bridging visa. I believe this is allowed but maybe only because it’s off the back of a soon to expire visa. I’m not sure if you can apply for a bridging visa once you arrive as you’ll still have a valid 600. Mines for 1 year with no work rights. Not ideal by any means but really hoping the partner visa comes through quicker than I think it will! 

9 hours ago, moominfillyjonk said:

Also does anyone know when you apply for the offshore visa you can't apply for a bridging visa to work in Australia can you? I've mentioned this to a couple of people (who have Australian partners), that we might end up having to go over on a visitor visa but it means I won't be able to work and they keep saying why don't you just apply for a bridging visa? And I say you can't do that on the offshore one, and they say I'm sure you can! Now I am self-doubting 🤪

It is a grey issue about the BVA from a tourist visa if you are an offshore applicant. Apparently the option to apply for BVA comes up now in the 309/100 application if you have a tourist visa and are onshore.

Some agents still advise it is impossible to get a BVA from offshore application, some  agents say it is totally possible.

Some 309/100 applicants on tourist visas have been rejected from BVA.....Others have been successful in getting a BVA without working rights  and some with working rights having had to provide a lot of financial evidence of financial hardship.  

So really there is no consistency in how it is currently being processed by the department and seems more a luck of the draw whether or not it is granted. So in other words it is a bit like the lottery - you have a shot without ever truly believing you will win it....but you may just win!

They just announced last night in the Budget that they are upping the cap on family stream from around 42k a year to 77k this year to help with the backlog it sounds.  also looks like they'll be prioritising people in regional australia rather than people going to city centres

• Like 1

On 06/10/2020 at 03:34, moominfillyjonk said:

I emailed the London office and they said they are still  processing but at very reduced capacity. I randomly came across this piece of information which shows they are processing but at dramatically lower rates pre-COVID.

I'm intrigued (and a bit depressed) by this... I hope they pick up again with this new budget. Out of curiosity, what is the email address for the London office? As part of freedom of information, can we request current processing volumes?

Well something is happening. 

Applied 10th October 2019

309 and 100 Granted 14th October 2020

No RFI or contact apart from the 12 month email. I am British and the wife is obviously Australian! We have been married for 19 years with two adult children (both dual national)

I was not expecting this to come though so quickly to be honest and was resigned to waiting another 6 months at least. I don't know if it made a difference but we are farmers by profession and are looking to buy a farm over there, all of which we covered in the application. Maybe with the news about onshore and regional applications being prioritised this made a difference.

Can't quite believe it arrived, feels like a huge weight has been lifted off our shoulders. Good luck to everyone else waiting it is not easy I know.  Keep posting things as it really helped us during our wait.

• Congratulations 4

45 minutes ago, Oliver II said:

Well something is happening. 

Applied 10th October 2019

309 and 100 Granted 14th October 2020

No RFI or contact apart from the 12 month email. I am British and the wife is obviously Australian! We have been married for 19 years with two adult children (both dual national)

I was not expecting this to come though so quickly to be honest and was resigned to waiting another 6 months at least. I don't know if it made a difference but we are farmers by profession and are looking to buy a farm over there, all of which we covered in the application. Maybe with the news about onshore and regional applications being prioritised this made a difference.

Can't quite believe it arrived, feels like a huge weight has been lifted off our shoulders. Good luck to everyone else waiting it is not easy I know.  Keep posting things as it really helped us during our wait.

My first time here on this forum and straight into the positive news. Congratulations!!! How beautiful that you will start a farming business together. In the sunshine state? Wishing you all the best luck!

...and some more positive news here! We had our 309 and 100 granted today as well, having applied in July 2019. Can't quite believe it has finally happened! Thanks to all on the forum for providing your application dates, insight, tips etc. - we are very grateful for all the info, which helped immensely. 

And now to celebrate!! 

And to sit in disbelief a bit...

And to celebrate some more!! 

Good luck to everyone still waiting... there is movement happening...

On 05/10/2020 at 20:34, moominfillyjonk said:

I only just read this properly now. It's specifically the 309 class that ground to a halt after Covid. I'm awaiting a 309 visa but hoping that I will be granted a 100 class at the same time. Those numbers are so low!

I’m going on a 600 visa plus exemption, partner visa in the system. I’m hoping I can get a bridging visa to work - now I’m a bit concerned! My husband of 17 years and children are all citizens so you think they’d just rubber stamp it and be done 

1 hour ago, Almat said:

I’m going on a 600 visa plus exemption, partner visa in the system. I’m hoping I can get a bridging visa to work - now I’m a bit concerned! My husband of 17 years and children are all citizens so you think they’d just rubber stamp it and be done 

Hi - can I ask what bridging visa are you going to apply for? I can't see one that applies for anyone who applied for an offshore partner visa or does it 'attach' to your 600? Thanks!

On 05/10/2020 at 20:05, ainzlondon79 said:

Hi all,

Thanks for having me. Sorry to hear so many are having to wait so long for their 309/100's. Having the option to apply for a 600+exemption is really useful to know if we get into 2021 and still haven't heard anything (which seems pretty likely!). Thanks to reading this thread - we realised we completely missed both the sponsor application and AFP check for the sponsor - both now completed.

I have a couple of questions in case anyone can answer them:

1) On the partner application, did anyone submit a written/PDF 40SP a form as an attachment? I read elsewhere that the sponsor application you do through Immigov is the same thing?

2) On the sponsor application, we referenced attachments for the written questions (nature of commitment, development of relationship etc.) as that's how we did it on the partner application as we found this much easier (word documents, converted to PDF). Can you upload the same written answers for the sponsor application or do they need to be re-written from the sponsor's perspective? 

3) For anyone that has actually received a 309/100 - when you receive it, is it simply an email or do you get a document or something to stick into the applicant's passport? I would have thought you would be required to send in the applicant's passport for them to put something in (as this is what I had to do for my original UK ancestry visa) but it doesn't seem so

Thanks again for all the useful tips. Good luck to all, I'm looking forward to hearing the good news when some of you get your applications finalised 🙂 

Hello! In response to your questions, from our experience: (1) - No, we didn't also do an attached 40SP, we just completed the sponsor application in immi, by setting up an account for me as the sponsor. (2) Yes, we reused the same written answers (and great that you've referenced your attachments in those - it'll make their lives easier, we were nowhere near that organised! - you might just want to reword that they're attached to your partner's application/ref number?), (3) You get an email with a more detailed attachment (explaining what has been granted and when you need to enter by), but nothing goes into the passport as its all recorded electronically in the immigration systems. We plan on taking a print out of the letters with us, just in case, for when we go through immigration.  Best of luck!

• Thanks 1