register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Nadine1

Timeline on 309/100 via applied for in London

38 minutes ago, moominfillyjonk said:

@GRS that is super helpful thank you! So if we wanted to visit Australia for longer than 3 months whilst waiting for 309 approval we could go for that. I see now why some are suggesting to apply for it in case it helps push the 309 through, but obv never any guarantees!! 

Does anyone know if we did travel to Australia before the 309 is approved do you have to notify someone you’ll be onshore? And then do they let you know you need to get out of Australia if the approval was going to happen? 

You would have to notify them of a temporary change of address, unless you have someone who can forward your mail reliably from your UK address.   

Be aware that you won't be able to work on the tourist visa.

• Like 1

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

1 hour ago, moominfillyjonk said:

Does anyone know if we did travel to Australia before the 309 is approved do you have to notify someone you’ll be onshore? And then do they let you know you need to get out of Australia if the approval was going to happen? 

They will know you are onshore. In usual times the department would notify you that a decision was about to be made on your Visa and that you need to leave Australia for that decision to happen, But right now from reading this thread it sounds like they are currently not processing any 309/100 applications for those who are already onshore. So yes you could come on a 600 but just be aware that you may be in for a long wait for your 309 grant 

• Like 1

On 27/06/2020 at 09:57, moominfillyjonk said:

Hi All 

Can someone clarify what an exemption is please, and the '600'? I've been getting notifications for this thread and just caught snippets! 

My husband is Australian - we live in the UK. We've been together since 2011, married since 2015.

We paid for our visa application (offshore 309/100) in July 2019 - we were quite slow at uploading all the info, but wanted to get it paid for and in the system. End of Feb we had an RFI, which we submitted. Now we haven't heard anything since. We did it ourselves and did not use an agent.

We hope to move out to Melbourne in September/October this year, but with the virus and not hearing about my visa we are on the slow - we need to sell our house etc in London.

Im just curious what the exemption and 600 is? Is it a way of getting out to Australia before the 309/100 is approved (hopefully it will be!)? And if it is, can you work out there on it? Is it for UK citizens? @Shaggylom @Aussie20

Is there a way to transfer the 309/100 offshore, to an onshore one and get ourselves out there? My husband said not but thought it is worth asking.

Any help much apprciated - advice on here better than trawling Google! 

Many Thanks!

you have a similar time frame that we did. we applied for the exemption but put our 309/100 as the visa to refer to and then had our agent speak to someone, which you can do via the e-mail address provided in your immi account (or any correspeondence recived from them) and we just had them look at our 309 as part of the exemption (we also applied for the 600 as the backup)

American living in UK, engaged to an Australian. Together for 3 years, de facto for 2.

Application submitted 24 June 2019

Sponsor Application Submitted 20 July 2019

RFI 18 February 2020

RFI Docs Submitted by 9 March 2020

Exemption Granted 24 May 2020

309 Granted 24 June 2020

Moving to Melbourne August 3 2020

Quick question! For those applying for just a partner (with no additional applicants) what does it say on your main application screen, under the applicant’s name, and above the stage of your application? E.g. above where it says something like “further assessment” “initial assessment” “received” etc.? 

We added our baby as a dependent the other day (a necessary move) and I swear it now says “family visa - stage one” above the existing “further assessment” line and under my husband’s name, when it never did before/never had text there before... I’m not sure if it’s just my memory playing tricks on me, and there was always text there that said ‘family’ OR the application has been updated as a result of uploading our recent form...and so am feeling hopeful it’s the latter and the application is being looked at again (post- our February RFI)

Yes I know...I’ve got too much time to look at immi during lockdown 🙄😂

309/100 submitted July 2019 front loaded no agent

Applicant police checks completed pre-application, June 2019; sponsor police checks July 2019

Medical August 2019

RFI February 2020 

Processing times have been changed down to 12-18 months, lets hope based on that and the new financial year there's more movement with processing!