38 minutes ago, moominfillyjonk said:

@GRS that is super helpful thank you! So if we wanted to visit Australia for longer than 3 months whilst waiting for 309 approval we could go for that. I see now why some are suggesting to apply for it in case it helps push the 309 through, but obv never any guarantees!! 

Does anyone know if we did travel to Australia before the 309 is approved do you have to notify someone you’ll be onshore? And then do they let you know you need to get out of Australia if the approval was going to happen? 

You would have to notify them of a temporary change of address, unless you have someone who can forward your mail reliably from your UK address.   

Be aware that you won't be able to work on the tourist visa.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moominfillyjonk said:

Does anyone know if we did travel to Australia before the 309 is approved do you have to notify someone you’ll be onshore? And then do they let you know you need to get out of Australia if the approval was going to happen? 

They will know you are onshore. In usual times the department would notify you that a decision was about to be made on your Visa and that you need to leave Australia for that decision to happen, But right now from reading this thread it sounds like they are currently not processing any 309/100 applications for those who are already onshore. So yes you could come on a 600 but just be aware that you may be in for a long wait for your 309 grant 

• Like 1

On 27/06/2020 at 09:57, moominfillyjonk said:

Hi All 

Can someone clarify what an exemption is please, and the '600'? I've been getting notifications for this thread and just caught snippets! 

My husband is Australian - we live in the UK. We've been together since 2011, married since 2015.

We paid for our visa application (offshore 309/100) in July 2019 - we were quite slow at uploading all the info, but wanted to get it paid for and in the system. End of Feb we had an RFI, which we submitted. Now we haven't heard anything since. We did it ourselves and did not use an agent.

We hope to move out to Melbourne in September/October this year, but with the virus and not hearing about my visa we are on the slow - we need to sell our house etc in London.

Im just curious what the exemption and 600 is? Is it a way of getting out to Australia before the 309/100 is approved (hopefully it will be!)? And if it is, can you work out there on it? Is it for UK citizens? @Shaggylom @Aussie20

Is there a way to transfer the 309/100 offshore, to an onshore one and get ourselves out there? My husband said not but thought it is worth asking.

Any help much apprciated - advice on here better than trawling Google! 

Many Thanks!

you have a similar time frame that we did. we applied for the exemption but put our 309/100 as the visa to refer to and then had our agent speak to someone, which you can do via the e-mail address provided in your immi account (or any correspeondence recived from them) and we just had them look at our 309 as part of the exemption (we also applied for the 600 as the backup)

Quick question! For those applying for just a partner (with no additional applicants) what does it say on your main application screen, under the applicant’s name, and above the stage of your application? E.g. above where it says something like “further assessment” “initial assessment” “received” etc.? 

We added our baby as a dependent the other day (a necessary move) and I swear it now says “family visa - stage one” above the existing “further assessment” line and under my husband’s name, when it never did before/never had text there before... I’m not sure if it’s just my memory playing tricks on me, and there was always text there that said ‘family’ OR the application has been updated as a result of uploading our recent form...and so am feeling hopeful it’s the latter and the application is being looked at again (post- our February RFI)

Yes I know...I’ve got too much time to look at immi during lockdown 🙄😂

1 hour ago, moominfillyjonk said:

Hilarious!! We were gonna break out the champagne 😂😂🤣

Well I hope you will be able to do so soon!!! I saw some people sent email saying they have front loaded they application in full, so immi would have a look at it and some were granted visa soon after that 🤪

57 minutes ago, Ben34uk said:

I would love to hear something on my visa appeal. 2 years 2 weeks ago we sent the appeal off. 
getting me down waiting now 

It’s awful what you’re going through mate, leaving you in limbo for that long is nothing short of a disgrace.

35 minutes ago, Tmduk said:

It’s awful what you’re going through mate, leaving you in limbo for that long is nothing short of a disgrace.

I cannot begin to tell you. 
was hoping to be done by now as have to move out our rented home in January and then what we don’t know 

we have family and support in Australia. Here we have no one  it’s so so hard and put so so much strain on us. I just hope it’s sorted soon. We are a family woth 2 small children so all this waiting in limbo is horrific.  

Edited by Ben34uk

3 hours ago, Ben34uk said:

was hoping to be done by now as have to move out our rented home in January and then what we don’t know 

we have family and support in Australia. Here we have no one  it’s so so hard and put so so much strain on us. I just hope it’s sorted soon. We are a family woth 2 small children so all this waiting in limbo is horrific.  

Appeals always take forever and are usually not worth doing for that reason, much quicker to give up and apply fresh. 

Edited by Marisawright

On 03/07/2020 at 21:32, Ben34uk said:

I’m sorry to hear this, can’t even imagine how frustrating it must be and not knowing if and when it will be sorted out! May I ask what happened? I’m new to this forum! Me and my Aussie partner are two of us with baby girl here in London and I know how hard it is when it’s just you and no family to help out or support! Keep strong 💪  

2 hours ago, Agnese said:

I’m sorry to hear this, can’t even imagine how frustrating it must be and not knowing if and when it will be sorted out! May I ask what happened? I’m new to this forum! Me and my Aussie partner are two of us with baby girl here in London and I know how hard it is when it’s just you and no family to help out or support! Keep strong 💪  

We applied in March 2018 though a registered Mara agent 

paid our fees. Sent all appropriate documents. 
Our agent uploaded everything. The embassy were doing online updates at the time and they received our application but no documentation to support our application so without contacting us the just refused us 

we then either had to reapply again and pay the whole fee again or appeal it. 
As we feel we did nothing wrong our side we went with the appeal. 
we have been together 5 years this Christmas and have 2 children together. We just want to get over there to start our new life and have the family support we don’t have here. 
we just hope it gets looked at soon. Very hard time for us but we won’t be beaten. 

On 05/07/2020 at 22:13, Ben34uk said:

We applied in March 2018 though a registered Mara agent 

paid our fees. Sent all appropriate documents. 
Our agent uploaded everything. The embassy were doing online updates at the time and they received our application but no documentation to support our application so without contacting us the just refused us 

we then either had to reapply again and pay the whole fee again or appeal it. 
As we feel we did nothing wrong our side we went with the appeal. 
we have been together 5 years this Christmas and have 2 children together. We just want to get over there to start our new life and have the family support we don’t have here. 
we just hope it gets looked at soon. Very hard time for us but we won’t be beaten. 

That’s horrible, knowing that you have t done anything wrong at all and especially using an agent. Hope it will be sorted out soon for you! We are in the same pot we just want some family around, here we have just friends but since our daughter was born and none of our friends have kids our priority is her and we can’t go for a pint everyday so apart from work and home mainly we feel a bit lonely ☹️ 

On 30/06/2020 at 10:03, kazronicus said:

Quick question! For those applying for just a partner (with no additional applicants) what does it say on your main application screen, under the applicant’s name, and above the stage of your application? E.g. above where it says something like “further assessment” “initial assessment” “received” etc.? 

We added our baby as a dependent the other day (a necessary move) and I swear it now says “family visa - stage one” above the existing “further assessment” line and under my husband’s name, when it never did before/never had text there before... I’m not sure if it’s just my memory playing tricks on me, and there was always text there that said ‘family’ OR the application has been updated as a result of uploading our recent form...and so am feeling hopeful it’s the latter and the application is being looked at again (post- our February RFI)

Yes I know...I’ve got too much time to look at immi during lockdown 🙄😂

Hi all... I'd be really grateful if someone could take a look at their immi account and please let me know what your applications screen looks like! I imagine most people on here are straightforward partner visas so it'd be great to have a comparison...

20 hours ago, kazronicus said:

Hi all... I'd be really grateful if someone could take a look at their immi account and please let me know what your applications screen looks like! I imagine most people on here are straightforward partner visas so it'd be great to have a comparison...

Hi 👋 mine says received and it’s been like that a week later since we applied for visa. Sponsors is still submitted and hasn’t changed since the date we submitted his application. Unsure if us doing our daughters citizenship by descent next month will speed up my visa process or not! 

2 hours ago, lepea said:

@kazronicus

this is how mine looks. 56067CA1-5557-41FE-A22F-41C0CD431D68.thumb.jpeg.e711a8a7b249cbe12b7e027564065b79.jpeg

👋 mine also says family stage, so that’s for everyone! And also sitting on received, last updated I understand means when someone last looked trough your information or did something with it, i don’t know if  case officer downloads it or what but that’s what I understand it means 😀

Yes both kids are dual citizens they are included in the application  as immediate family members but not included as migrating members of the family unit in the application as they don’t require a visa. Hope that makes sense. 

3 hours ago, lepea said:

Yes both kids are dual citizens they are included in the application  as immediate family members but not included as migrating members of the family unit in the application as they don’t require a visa. Hope that makes sense. 

Yes, makes total sense. We've added our baby recently as he does require the visa (he can't yet get dual citizenship), and i'd gotten hopeful that in uploading the forms for that, our visa suddenly read "family - stage 1" (and was therefore being looked at again) whereas it looks like that line was always there! I wondered if it was different for people who weren't notifying they had immediate family members/were applying for partners only, but I'm assuming not and that everyone's app must say "family - stage 1". 

On 11/07/2020 at 14:47, Agnese said:

👋 mine also says family stage, so that’s for everyone! And also sitting on received, last updated I understand means when someone last looked trough your information or did something with it, i don’t know if  case officer downloads it or what but that’s what I understand it means 😀

I updated my updated my application on the 21st December so I don’t think last updated means that someone looked at it. 

55 minutes ago, lepea said:

I updated my updated my application on the 21st December so I don’t think last updated means that someone looked at it. 

I have updated my application twice since lodging it and it still stays last updated 30/05 although I submitted my application week before that and last time I added something was our police checks couple of days ago. Also regarding kids, our daughter is not part of my application, we initially wanted to get her citizenship and passport is Aus but decided to do it here in next couple of months. Only thing I’m unsure about is she has Latvian citizenship and passport already, but she was born here in uk and my partner is UK/Aus dual citizen. I guess just what I’m worried about is if she already had uk citizenship? Although we haven’t applied for it nor she has a uk passport! But both Aus and Latvia is allowing dual citizenship, I just hope we won’t need to go trough extra paperwork 😂