Didn't think the day would ever come!!

309 and 100 granted just now

Timeline:

Applied March 2019

RFI Dec 2019

Moved to Melbourne on 600 Jan 20 (to let kids start school at start of term)

Notification for husband to leave in Feb 20

Booked flight to NZ Mar - they were cancelled

Waiting, waiting, waiting on borders to open

Took head staggers on Monday, booked a flight to Dublin, my husband arrives in 1hr and grant has just come through

Extremely stressful experience and extra risk and cost to send him home, then he has to quarantine on return.

But delighted we are now out of Limbo...And can start our new lives in Melbourne properly!

• Congratulations 2

Hi there, thanks all for sharing all your experiences - I applied for my 309/100 in April (from Dublin, which I think is covered by AHC London).  It's heartening to read some applications are progressing, though looks likely we've still some time to wait!

I've a couple of questions I thought I might be able to crowdsource some clarity on as I've read conflicting advice elsewhere online. Firstly do we need police certificates for my wife (sponsor) too? Secondly, I've seen on this thread lots of people tend to get their medical clearance pretty early on, but the immi guidance seems to say wait until 1-2 months before end of estimated processing time window. Any views on the best approach?

I'm a Brit, my wife's Australian and we've two dual citizen boys.

Thanks!

23 hours ago, darch said:

Hi there, thanks all for sharing all your experiences - I applied for my 309/100 in April (from Dublin, which I think is covered by AHC London).  It's heartening to read some applications are progressing, though looks likely we've still some time to wait!

I've a couple of questions I thought I might be able to crowdsource some clarity on as I've read conflicting advice elsewhere online. Firstly do we need police certificates for my wife (sponsor) too? Secondly, I've seen on this thread lots of people tend to get their medical clearance pretty early on, but the immi guidance seems to say wait until 1-2 months before end of estimated processing time window. Any views on the best approach?

I'm a Brit, my wife's Australian and we've two dual citizen boys.

Thanks!

Hi

Yes, your wife will need to provide an Australian police check and others for any country she has lived in for more than 12 months.

My wife had to provide both Australian & UK police checks as she'd been in England for 3 years.

As for the medical, I'm lead to believe its only valid for 12 months. I submitted mine shortly after I applied and thankfully my 309/100 was granted within 10 months of submission.

Good luck with the application.

3 hours ago, Neill said:

Hi

Yes, your wife will need to provide an Australian police check and others for any country she has lived in for more than 12 months.

My wife had to provide both Australian & UK police checks as she'd been in England for 3 years.

As for the medical, I'm lead to believe its only valid for 12 months. I submitted mine shortly after I applied and thankfully my 309/100 was granted within 10 months of submission.

Good luck with the application.

thanks @Neill that's really helpful - appreciate you replying. I've heard/seen that too about the medical clearance only lasting a year - bit of a pain when the website's estimating 13-17 months!! will just keep everything crossed I guess. 

Hope the move went well if you've made it already.

14 hours ago, darch said:

thanks @Neill that's really helpful - appreciate you replying. I've heard/seen that too about the medical clearance only lasting a year - bit of a pain when the website's estimating 13-17 months!! will just keep everything crossed I guess. 

Hope the move went well if you've made it already.

we were told to wait till about month 8 to do our medical check. which worked out to be roughly when we got our RFI due to the timelines of 13-17 months 

Hi everyone,

We got our 309 visa granted at about midnight last night from london office! 

Applied 3rd July 2019.

Police and medical checks mid October 2019.

Updated every 3 months.

11 months and 7 days with no contact until grant. 

We had a compassionate reasons for travel so we applied for a 600 tourist visa with exemption about 2 weeks ago. (Put 10th August intended travel date.)

2 days ago our agent emailed immigration on our behalf to try and prompt them to look at our pending 309 application instead of the 600 visa regarding the compassionate reasons.

Woke up this morning to a grant in my inbox. Very relieved and happy today.

• Congratulations 1

5 hours ago, Shaggylom said:

we were told to wait till about month 8 to do our medical check. which worked out to be roughly when we got our RFI due to the timelines of 13-17 months 

thanks @Shaggylom that's useful to know. May have to wait 'till around then anyway as the one panel clinic in Dublin is understandably only doing urgent appointments

2 minutes ago, lepea said:

@Tmduk this is fantastic news 🎉 

I’m applying for my exemption on Sunday as our flights are booked for September 14th. 

@Shaggylom keeping everything crossed for you. 

@Tmduk do you know what grounds you’re able to apply for an exemption? As they say if you’re registered de facto you can, but I wasn’t sure if you had to have a compassionate reason. We live together and have told our work we’re leaving before the New Year, but not sure if that would be granted? Our application has had an RFI and we’ve done our medical and police checks in Jan as they requested it. We want to fly out this year but nervous about booking flights until we’ve had a decision. 

Hi,

My husband has a child from a previous relationship who he has not seen in years and is about 14 now. We have no way of getting in contact with the mother. Obviously, this child will not be moving to Australia with us. 

We have just recieved a RFI for this child’s birth certificate and proof of custody or paperwork regarding parental rights.

Can we just send a statement explaining he has no involvement ?

On 11/06/2020 at 16:48, Bjv002 said:

@Tmduk do you know what grounds you’re able to apply for an exemption? As they say if you’re registered de facto you can, but I wasn’t sure if you had to have a compassionate reason. We live together and have told our work we’re leaving before the New Year, but not sure if that would be granted? Our application has had an RFI and we’ve done our medical and police checks in Jan as they requested it. We want to fly out this year but nervous about booking flights until we’ve had a decision. 

I think we had a pretty strong case regarding compassionate reasons. Firstly, my Australian partners mother needed her help to look after her father who suffers from a mental health condition. The condition is worsened with current circumstances. Secondly, my mother is in the high risk category if she caught coronavirus meaning I couldn’t move back to my parents after our lease expires as it increases risk for her being exposed to the virus.

We had a couple of other points we covered but these are the main ones. We included various forms of documentation to fortify our case, despite this I know we are very lucky to have been granted in this climate! It’s a huge relief. 

Hey guys, I just had my exemption for a 600 granted (which is lovely news), and was just wondering if anyone has had their 309 granted since receiving this?  

Have a lovely Monday

Jack

Applied from London (front loaded everything) - 15 October 2019

Living together in London on a de facto, been together for 8 years

11 hours ago, dunstan88 said:

Hey guys, I just had my exemption for a 600 granted (which is lovely news), and was just wondering if anyone has had their 309 granted since receiving this?  

Have a lovely Monday

Jack

Applied from London (front loaded everything) - 15 October 2019

Living together in London on a de facto, been together for 8 years

Not yet. I got my exemption through mid May and nothing yet. Applied for the 600 on the 25th of May and still waiting for that decision as well

Hi everyone,

I applied for my exemption Sunday but haven’t applied for the 600 visa as I’m hoping it’ll trigger my partner visa to be looked at. 

checking various forums and ImmiAccount too many times a day and hoping no news is good news 😬

On 15/06/2020 at 22:00, Shaggylom said:

Not yet. I got my exemption through mid May and nothing yet. Applied for the 600 on the 25th of May and still waiting for that decision as well

I thought you had to apply for to 600 visa and travel exemption at the same time, this is what i did for my partner earlier this week, i hope i haven't done it wrong !

How long did it take them to approve your travel exemption after you applied for it?

On 19/06/2020 at 19:44, Fonzarelli said:

Hi,

With flights and travel disrupted, has anyone had to get an extension to the "Enter Before Date"?

Not sure I'll be able to get to Oz before it expires...

Thoughts?

Thanks,

@Fonzarelli, there are flights available now and people are arriving every day.   Given that, I'd say it's less likely they'll be sympathetic to anyone who claims they can't arrive in time for the "enter before" date.  

On 23/03/2020 at 14:07, MrsH said:

Thanks @Marisawright 

We are British + British/Australian but currently working in Dubai so that may account for any additional delay with our application. I had assumed applications were processed in order of receipt, makes more sense now

Hi @MrsH, did you apply via an agent in Dubai or was the application submitted by you? We are in similar situation to how you have described and wanted to get some advice if possible. 

Thank you!

6 hours ago, lepea said:

Queensland are charging however if you had a confirmed travel date before the 17th June you will not have to pay.
 There are rumbles that other states could follow suit.  

Im thinking of booking mine and my partners flights to NSW soon just incase they follow suite. Though Im worried they too will go with the rule of having to have booked before the 17th 😞But hopefully not, so if we book before they announce then we wont have to pay it

Hong Kong seem to have a good one of fast testing at the airport and self quarantine at home if negative. I hope Aussie politicians start to look at other options by the time tourist start returning, Im sure they will come up with a better quarantine system soon