2 minutes ago, Sunseeker20 said:

I’ve seen several people mention “permission to fly”.  We have flights booked with Qatar on 1st July.  Myself and the 2 kids have Oz passports, Hubble has got his 309/100.  We thought we were ok to go as citizens/ permanent resident.  Have we missed something? 

Nope you hasn’t missed anything. The exception only applies to anyone that isn’t an Australian citizen. But your husband now has his 309/100 so he doesn’t need to get permission. He is now a resident of Australia. Hope that makes sense 

On 08/05/2020 at 19:51, Kayse said:

Nope you hasn’t missed anything. The exception only applies to anyone that isn’t an Australian citizen. But your husband now has his 309/100 so he doesn’t need to get permission. He is now a resident of Australia. Hope that makes sense 

Might be worth double checking- our migration agent sent the link to the form to us- I am Australian and both kids have Australian passports also. Husband has 309/100 but we’ve been told we have to complete form to enter Australia. 

have attached link to the form-

https://www.wa.gov.au/sites/default/files/2020-04/border-closures-160420.pdf

On 09/05/2020 at 04:51, Kayse said:

Is it a temporary partner visa or a permanent partner visa?   You have to be a PERMANENT resident.

Hey everyone just wondering if anyone is in the same position as me and my husband. We're currently in oz me and kids have our australian passports, but my husband can here on a visitor visa got his email to leave to be granted his 309/100 and we booked him to Bali for 5 days then of course it got canceled. Now with everything trying to get back to normal here in oz WA he wants to try and leave and come back so he can work does anyone have any info that there came across and managed to leave to come back. He's currently now on a bridging visa waiting on another visitor visa.... bloody more money tip to anyone here applying for another visitor visa again the price goes up from $100 odd dollars to $365 it's shocking money after money...

9 hours ago, Reboz said:

Might be worth double checking- our migration agent sent the link to the form to us- I am Australian and both kids have Australian passports also. Husband has 309/100 but we’ve been told we have to complete form to enter Australia. 

Thanks for the info.  I’ll have more of a look on the Tas gov website.

On 11/05/2020 at 23:49, Reboz said:

hello @Reboz @Sunseeker20 This seems to be a WA specific requirement, for entry into Australia via WA, and for coming into WA from another state - see here for the FAQs and details of what you should be doing: https://www.wa.gov.au/government/publications/wa-border-closure-frequently-asked-questions Its all pretty clear. Aussies coming from abroad will be exempt from the WA entry ban on 'compassionate grounds' it seems

On 12/05/2020 at 16:19, Pneill said:

Hey everyone just wondering if anyone is in the same position as me and my husband. We're currently in oz me and kids have our australian passports, but my husband can here on a visitor visa got his email to leave to be granted his 309/100 and we booked him to Bali for 5 days then of course it got canceled. Now with everything trying to get back to normal here in oz WA he wants to try and leave and come back so he can work does anyone have any info that there came across and managed to leave to come back. He's currently now on a bridging visa waiting on another visitor visa.... bloody more money tip to anyone here applying for another visitor visa again the price goes up from $100 odd dollars to $365 it's shocking money after money...

I am the same here I’m on a 600 and had my email to leave. I had flights booked to NZ. Looks like they are going to allow travel to NZ fairly soon and some Pacific islands possibly. I’m not sure when but maybe in the next 3/4 months. I’ve got until September until I’ll need to do more documents. 

3 hours ago, Poppysunday said:

I am the same here I’m on a 600 and had my email to leave. I had flights booked to NZ. Looks like they are going to allow travel to NZ fairly soon and some Pacific islands possibly. I’m not sure when but maybe in the next 3/4 months. I’ve got until September until I’ll need to do more documents. 

Same we booked Bali but canceled. Yeah we heard that they may allow flights to nz hopefully. Its just a pain we have till June before more documents but I freaked out and we got told that the documents and visa is on hold so may the medical police check etc might give us a few months extra when expired.

An update from us. My husband was granted his 309 and 100 a couple of days ago. We are super happy as we have tickets booked for may 27 to move to melb. We had applied for a evisitor visa and exemption to fly for my husband but dont need it in the end 🙂 

this was our timeline: 

- applied 29 Jan 2020

- RFI 20 Feb 2020

- submitted RFI 14 march 2020

- notified immi that we were going to travel to australia on 8 may 2020  (received email back stating they are in the process of further assessment and will be in contact in due course) 

- grant 14 May 2020!!

good luck to you all. hope this is some hope for everyone  at least immi is working we know that 👍

• Congratulations 1

We're still hoping to move to oz by the end of the year. Does anyone know where to find or who to email to let them know and hopefully keep the ball rolling on the visa process. We had just had an RFI to approve permanent visa before everything was put on hold!!! 

Edited by OzinEire

26 minutes ago, OzinEire said:

We're still hoping to move to oz by the end of the year. Does anyone know where to find or who to email to let them know and hopefully keep the ball rolling on the visa process. We had just had an RFI to approve permanent visa before everything was put on hold!!! 

We are in the exact same position... we submitted our RFI on the 20th March and havent heard anything back yet:( my UK visa runs out in the 5th December so we are really hoping my wifes Visa comes through soon..

I feel your worry hun x

3 hours ago, Lauren L said:

We are in the exact same position... we submitted our RFI on the 20th March and havent heard anything back yet:( my UK visa runs out in the 5th December so we are really hoping my wifes Visa comes through soon..

I feel your worry hun x

We are the same @Lauren L and @OzinEire - our RFI was 22 Feb! We replied on 24 Feb and... nada... 

When we received the RFI, we had an email notification - if you hit 'reply' to that, it will go through to the consulate in London. However, be prepared to get a standard autoresponse in big red letters back (which indicates that they won't pay any attention to visa queries/chasers). 

Congratulations @Kayse - I am so incredibly jealous you've gotten yours so quickly. We submitted in July 2019. We are feeling very disheartened by the wait, and the fact our RFI seems to have disappeared into thin air. As you say, at least we know IMMI are working. I just wish they'd work on ours! 🙂 

5 hours ago, OzinEire said:

We just replied to the email that had our RfI. Yes you get the big red letters but dont know if we were lucky or not but we got another email with a proper response on it aswell. 
its always good to give it a go. Just remember to write name birthdate and reference number in the subject of the email. They dont look at any emails unless these are stated. 

8280A261-CD8A-4B4B-AF5A-C11FF5FF8373.jpeg

1 hour ago, kazronicus said:

We are the same @Lauren L and @OzinEire - our RFI was 22 Feb! We replied on 24 Feb and... nada... 

When we received the RFI, we had an email notification - if you hit 'reply' to that, it will go through to the consulate in London. However, be prepared to get a standard autoresponse in big red letters back (which indicates that they won't pay any attention to visa queries/chasers). 

Congratulations @Kayse - I am so incredibly jealous you've gotten yours so quickly. We submitted in July 2019. We are feeling very disheartened by the wait, and the fact our RFI seems to have disappeared into thin air. As you say, at least we know IMMI are working. I just wish they'd work on ours! 🙂 

Thank you. Hope you get yours soon too 🤞

We are applying from London for a 309/100 Visa. Provided all medical and police clearances in Feb following a request from a case officer. We have heard nothing since making the submission in Feb. We are not quite ready to move over to Australia yet due to changed circumstances but our plan was to check in with the visa to validate it on a family visit to Australia, return to the UK and then move in a year or 2 after validating the visa.

I would appreciate any answers to the following questions

1)When a visa is granted, is the requirement to enter Australia within 12 months from the visa grant date or 12 months from the medical/police clearance reports? 

2)Has the Australian government been providing extensions to that 12 month time frame if Covid has prevented travel?

Thanks

On 16/05/2020 at 09:55, Kayse said:

An update from us. My husband was granted his 309 and 100 a couple of days ago. We are super happy as we have tickets booked for may 27 to move to melb. We had applied for a evisitor visa and exemption to fly for my husband but dont need it in the end 🙂 

this was our timeline: 

- applied 29 Jan 2020

- RFI 20 Feb 2020

- submitted RFI 14 march 2020

- notified immi that we were going to travel to australia on 8 may 2020  (received email back stating they are in the process of further assessment and will be in contact in due course) 

- grant 14 May 2020!!

good luck to you all. hope this is some hope for everyone  at least immi is working we know that 👍

Thats great news. i've got almost the same timeline as you in the RFI department so hopefully we get ours soon. I just applied for the exemption visa 3 days ago.   Has anyone else applied and gotten one? how long did it take?  My visa to live in the UK is now being cancelled in August due to being made redundant so hopefully something will come soon as my Australian partner can't come to the States with me either (and honestly i dont think its wise going there anyway!)

Edited by Shaggylom

My understanding on the exemption is that it isn’t a visa but that it allows immediate family members travel on the visitor visa subclass 600.
It also states in the home affairs website that they are prioritising processing the visas of those who in the exemption category.

On 22/05/2020 at 16:18, lepea said:

My understanding on the exemption is that it isn’t a visa but that it allows immediate family members travel on the visitor visa subclass 600.
It also states in the home affairs website that they are prioritising processing the visas of those who in the exemption category.

Good to know. I just got confirmation my exemption has been approved but I can't apply for an ETA so am a bit confused on how i'm meant to actually get in.

Hello guys,

I applied 3rd July 2019 from London. I’ve had zero contact and my application is still sitting on received, does this mean no one has looked at it yet? We’re frustrated that people who applied this year have had RFI’s/grants but it is what it is. Our flat lease in London is up in less than 3 months, aussie partner is heading home after that and I don’t know what to do. 

Il either have to quit my job, move back to my hometown to live with my parents and find a new job until my grant comes through. Or, I can try for the 600 visa with exemption and leave with my partner in August. It’s a difficult decision and I just wanted other people’s thoughts, I mean, are we going to see anymore 309 visa grants this year or not? I don’t like the idea of not being able to work for 6 months or so until I get work rights. 4 weeks on furlough was bad enough. 

@Tmduk I agree. It’s so frustrating seeing approvals from visas submitted this year.

I assume that received means that it hasn’t been looked at but who knows what’s going on behind the scene. 

@Shaggylom how interesting, perhaps your visa is now being looked at? When do you plan to travel. Please keep us updated with your progress. 

3 hours ago, lepea said:

@Tmduk

I’d apply for the exemption as your planned travel is within 3 months. When I log into my immi account is says they are prioritising the processing of visa for those in the exempt category. 

Hi lepea,

Have you had an RFI yet or is your application still on received as well? I’ve seen people from high risk countries receive RFI’s who applied after us also. 

22 hours ago, lepea said:

@Tmduk I agree. It’s so frustrating seeing approvals from visas submitted this year.

I assume that received means that it hasn’t been looked at but who knows what’s going on behind the scene. 

@Shaggylom how interesting, perhaps your visa is now being looked at? When do you plan to travel. Please keep us updated with your progress. 

planning to travel mid August as thats when my visa ends in the UK and gives us a few months to pack things and sort the house out here etc. i have also applied for a 600 visitor visa to at least let me travel as they are 'prioritising' people in the exempt category. hopefully it expedites my partner visa as well and i wont need the visitor one but we needed to be covered