3 hours ago, K-Man said:

@Kayse My wife is currently in Australia with our son and having waited so long I applied for the 651 evisitor visa whilst my 309/100 visa is being decided and followed up with requesting an exemption to travel as an immediate family member. I had a response within 3 hours notifying me that my request had been accepted and my evisitor visa had also been granted at the same time. The exemption is valid for the duration of the evisitor visa and I plan on traveling to Australia mid-May. The link to apply for the travel exemption is below. 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/departmental-forms/online-forms/covid19-enquiry-form

Thanks so much for your response. Happy to hear that you have your evisitor. Gives me hope that my  husband Will be able to accompany myself and our son to Australia. I don’t want to travel alone being pregnant as well. 
hope you get your grant soon 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, K-Man said:

@Kayse My wife is currently in Australia with our son and having waited so long I applied for the 651 evisitor visa whilst my 309/100 visa is being decided and followed up with requesting an exemption to travel as an immediate family member. I had a response within 3 hours notifying me that my request had been accepted and my evisitor visa had also been granted at the same time. The exemption is valid for the duration of the evisitor visa and I plan on traveling to Australia mid-May. The link to apply for the travel exemption is below. 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/departmental-forms/online-forms/covid19-enquiry-form

Hopefully u can travel as my mother in law is here in the Uk with us atm as we had a baby 3 weeks ago and now she can’t get home. No flight to Australia at all atm and the 3 flights to get Aussies home is full. We unsure how long will be before she can fly home back to aus and then she will be in isolation in a hotel In Sydney for 2 weeks before she can get home 

1 hour ago, Ben34uk said:

Hopefully u can travel as my mother in law is here in the Uk with us atm as we had a baby 3 weeks ago and now she can’t get home. No flight to Australia at all atm and the 3 flights to get Aussies home is full. We unsure how long will be before she can fly home back to aus and then she will be in isolation in a hotel In Sydney for 2 weeks before she can get home 

@Ben34uk There are flights available but mostly departing via Heathrow and only on a select number of carriers (I will be flying Qatar Airways because it still operating). I was expecting to quarantine in a hotel as you mention but on my exemption it states that I am allowed to quarantine at home for 2 weeks. I am almost certain that the rules have been relaxed somewhat and it may be worth giving the Australian High Commission, or relevant body,  a call to find out if your mother in-law can quarantine at home. 

6 hours ago, K-Man said:

@Ben34uk There are flights available but mostly departing via Heathrow and only on a select number of carriers (I will be flying Qatar Airways because it still operating). I was expecting to quarantine in a hotel as you mention but on my exemption it states that I am allowed to quarantine at home for 2 weeks. I am almost certain that the rules have been relaxed somewhat and it may be worth giving the Australian High Commission, or relevant body,  a call to find out if your mother in-law can quarantine at home. 

As far as I know the rules haven't been relaxed.

Information for returning travellers

Effective from midnight AEDST 28 March 2020, if you’re arriving back in Australia you’ll be subject to the Australian Government’s mandatory quarantine period of 14 days at your first Australian destination.

You’ll be provided with suitable accommodation to stay in during this period. You’ll not be permitted to travel domestically (including to your home) or continue on any domestic connections, until the 14 day mandatory quarantine period has been completed.

16 hours ago, Kayse said:

Hi everyone

just a quick question to all. Has anyone applied for a visa 600 in the past couple of months while waiting for their grant and if so how long did it take to receive the visa 600?

we still want to make the move by end of May as i am pregnant and want to travel early before birth but still waiting on grant so thinking of applying for 600 for my husband. 

Thanks in advance 🙂

I applied for my 600 visa in December and it took 11 days. I flew out 6th feb thankfully. I got an email one week after being in Australia that they were ready to grant my 309/100. I had booked a trip to New Zealand on the 1st April but it all got cancelled. I’ve got until September to fly out 🙃🙃🙃

7 hours ago, K-Man said:

No relaxation. She will need to do 14 days in a hotel in the city where she first lands (paid for by the government)

28 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

No relaxation. She will need to do 14 days in a hotel in the city where she first lands (paid for by the government)

You are not supposed to leave the bedroom for the 14 days.  It must be awful for people with a couple of young children.

5 hours ago, Poppysunday said:

I applied for my 600 visa in December and it took 11 days. I flew out 6th feb thankfully. I got an email one week after being in Australia that they were ready to grant my 309/100. I had booked a trip to New Zealand on the 1st April but it all got cancelled. I’ve got until September to fly out 🙃🙃🙃

Aww you were lucky just missed the crisis. I applied for an evisitor 651 for my husband instead of the 600 visa as he only wants to take us to australia and return back to the uk for a couple more months and hopefully get his 309/100 for his next trip around. 
he was granted the evisitor within hours and the exemption as well 🙂 

• Like 1

On 21/04/2020 at 15:48, K-Man said:

thank you for this post, so useful and has given us a bit of hope we can travel soon!

Hi all,

Found this forum really useful over the past year, so thought I'd share my timeline as I've had a 309 visa granted recently...just! Bit of a saga, but thought it might give some people some hope.

24 March  2019 - Applied - (frontloaded, no agent)

2 April 2019 - Medical - (police checks around the same time)

21 Jan 2020 - RFI - (more evidence of relationship from a specific period to be eligible for the permanent visa grant, rather than temporary)

25 Jan 2020- Completed RFI

25 Feb 2020 - Flew to Aus on holiday - (emailed Immi to let them know the week before)

2 March 2020 - Immi Email, ready to make decision - (need to be out of country before 29 April 2020)

23 March 2020 - Immi Email, putting application on hold due to Covid crisis - (no longer requesting I depart Australia, app placed on hold until travel restrictions lifted)

24 March 2020 - Return Flight to UK cancelled - (stranded in Australia)

9 April 2020 - Fly Back to UK on new flight - (email Immi to let them know and request them not to defer visa decision)

13 April 2020 - Immi Email, application in progress

14 April 2020 - 309 Granted!

Have to say after the travel restrictions were announced, the Australian High Commission in London seemed really responsive and helpful on email.

Good luck to everyone else out there!

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 1

17 hours ago, Tomio said:

Hi all,

Found this forum really useful over the past year, so thought I'd share my timeline as I've had a 309 visa granted recently...just! Bit of a saga, but thought it might give some people some hope.

24 March  2019 - Applied - (frontloaded, no agent)

2 April 2019 - Medical - (police checks around the same time)

21 Jan 2020 - RFI - (more evidence of relationship from a specific period to be eligible for the permanent visa grant, rather than temporary)

25 Jan 2020- Completed RFI

25 Feb 2020 - Flew to Aus on holiday - (emailed Immi to let them know the week before)

2 March 2020 - Immi Email, ready to make decision - (need to be out of country before 29 April 2020)

23 March 2020 - Immi Email, putting application on hold due to Covid crisis - (no longer requesting I depart Australia, app placed on hold until travel restrictions lifted)

24 March 2020 - Return Flight to UK cancelled - (stranded in Australia)

9 April 2020 - Fly Back to UK on new flight - (email Immi to let them know and request them not to defer visa decision)

13 April 2020 - Immi Email, application in progress

14 April 2020 - 309 Granted!

Have to say after the travel restrictions were announced, the Australian High Commission in London seemed really responsive and helpful on email.

Good luck to everyone else out there!

Hi 🙂

So happy to hear the Visas are still being processed... we had RFI in march submitted on the 20ty March and still havent heard a thing... 

Just a quick question you mentioned that you emailed Immi... what email do you have? I cant seem to find anything?

1 hour ago, Lauren L said:

Hi 🙂

So happy to hear the Visas are still being processed... we had RFI in march submitted on the 20ty March and still havent heard a thing... 

Just a quick question you mentioned that you emailed Immi... what email do you have? I cant seem to find anything?

@Lauren L if you reply to the email you received from immi for your RFI you will find that it directs the reply to the Australian High Commission in London. 

I hope this makes sense and helps. 

• Like 1

All,

All I have been granted my visa today!

My timescale is as follows:

• Submitted on 22nd July 2019 without visa
  • Medical on 30th July 2019
  • RFI 26th February 2020
  • RFI 30th April 2020
  • Granted 1st May 2020

I hope this give you all a bit of hope during these unprecedented times and confirms that the embassy is still processing visas. 

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

37 minutes ago, lepea said:

@K-Man can I ask what your RFI’s we’re for? 

@lepea the RFI in Feb was for:

• Police checks
  • Statement on relationship from both myself and my wife; and
  • Our son's birth certificate

the RFI in April was for:

• evidence of relationship 2 years prior to lodgement, although this was already provided; and
  • financial documents

I was quite surprised at the speed in which they made the decision, didn't expect to get a response until after the lockdown if I am to be completely honest. 

1 hour ago, K-Man said:

All,

All I have been granted my visa today!

My timescale is as follows:

• Submitted on 22nd July 2019 without visa
  • Medical on 30th July 2019
  • RFI 26th February 2020
  • RFI 30th April 2020
  • Granted 1st May 2020

I hope this give you all a bit of hope during these unprecedented times and confirms that the embassy is still processing visas. 

Congratulations. Good news.

As someone on the forum suggested that we can contact high commission by replying to the email in which they requested RFI.

I did that and enquired about my visa Application. They responded by saying my visa application has been deferred till lockdown restrictions are completely lifted and travel is allowed. 

I am surprised and happy for you.

Application submitted:7 Feb 20

RFI: 27 Feb

RFI Submitted: 12 March

6 hours ago, Furqan said:

Congratulations. Good news.

As someone on the forum suggested that we can contact high commission by replying to the email in which they requested RFI.

I did that and enquired about my visa Application. They responded by saying my visa application has been deferred till lockdown restrictions are completely lifted and travel is allowed. 

I am surprised and happy for you.

Application submitted:7 Feb 20

RFI: 27 Feb

RFI Submitted: 12 March

Hi @Furqan we also tried the email enquiry, but had no response other than the auto-email filled with lots of big red sentences! Basically it said 'thanks but you won't get a response'. 

Congratulations @K-Man such great news! Thanks for all the details re: your timeline. Pleased to hear that they are still processing applications, but feeling a bit deflated ours is still pending. Will keep on keeping fingers crossed 🙂 

On 01/05/2020 at 19:56, kazronicus said:

Hi @Furqan we also tried the email enquiry, but had no response other than the auto-email filled with lots of big red sentences! Basically it said 'thanks but you won't get a response'. 

Congratulations @K-Man such great news! Thanks for all the details re: your timeline. Pleased to hear that they are still processing applications, but feeling a bit deflated ours is still pending. Will keep on keeping fingers crossed 🙂 

Hi @kazronicus yes, I also received the same automatical response with red sentences, but the following day I actually received an email.Confirming that visa process is deferred. May be they have only deferred it for me. 

Sorry this isn’t a post with any good news but more of a wondering what anyone here are doing about their planned moving date? 

We planned to go in September to tie in with a wedding and now we’re really not sure what to do. Weighing up whether to stick with September or push back to November time (really want to get there by November so we can sort schools out before the summer hols start). I’m a teacher and have to give my notice in by May 31st so really need to make a decision. 

39 minutes ago, lepea said:

Sorry this isn’t a post with any good news but more of a wondering what anyone here are doing about their planned moving date? 

We planned to go in September to tie in with a wedding and now we’re really not sure what to do. Weighing up whether to stick with September or push back to November time (really want to get there by November so we can sort schools out before the summer hols start). I’m a teacher and have to give my notice in by May 31st so really need to make a decision. 

We’ve had to change our plans a lot. Applied 3rd July 2019 with the idea of moving sometime in September this year, partner got made redundant recently so now she will be going home alone without me if I don’t get the visa. 

Its looking like we’ll have to do long distance for however long the visa takes now. Probably months and into next year. She’s been wanting to go home for like 2 years so we figured it’s probably best she goes sets up for us over there with a car, job etc and il follow! 

23 hours ago, Tmduk said:

We’ve had to change our plans a lot. Applied 3rd July 2019 with the idea of moving sometime in September this year, partner got made redundant recently so now she will be going home alone without me if I don’t get the visa. 

Its looking like we’ll have to do long distance for however long the visa takes now. Probably months and into next year. She’s been wanting to go home for like 2 years so we figured it’s probably best she goes sets up for us over there with a car, job etc and il follow! 

Sounds likes the most realistic plan. We’ve been living in the uk for 9 years so we’re both ready to get to Australia!
We’re looking at the travel exemption but there’s still no guarantee with our flight. 

On 06/05/2020 at 16:47, lepea said:

We are in a similar situation- husband and myself were made redundant end of last year. His visa came through Feb and we got our house sold and let schools know here etc that we were leaving. The sale was put on hold due to current situations but is now going ahead on Monday so we will be staying with family for now but wanting to head over as soon as possible to start looking for jobs and get the kids into schools etc...just concerned on flights etc. From what I can see we need to complete a form to get permission to fly, then there are a limited amount on one way flights with Qantas (Emirates flight) and then it will be a 14day quarantine when we get there. Not ideal at all. We plan on going beginning of July now so hoping maybe things might be easier by then but I have a feeling it won’t as I know on Qantas website it says till at least the end of July 😭

4 hours ago, Reboz said:

We are in a similar situation- husband and myself were made redundant end of last year. His visa came through Feb and we got our house sold and let schools know here etc that we were leaving. The sale was put on hold due to current situations but is now going ahead on Monday so we will be staying with family for now but wanting to head over as soon as possible to start looking for jobs and get the kids into schools etc...just concerned on flights etc. From what I can see we need to complete a form to get permission to fly, then there are a limited amount on one way flights with Qantas (Emirates flight) and then it will be a 14day quarantine when we get there. Not ideal at all. We plan on going beginning of July now so hoping maybe things might be easier by then but I have a feeling it won’t as I know on Qantas website it says till at least the end of July 😭

My mother in law flies back home to aus on the 18th May. 
she is going with Qatar airlines from Heathrow then to Doha transfer there on to next flight to Sydney then quarantine in a hotel for 2 weeks before she is allowed home  

I’ve seen several people mention “permission to fly”.  We have flights booked with Qatar on 1st July.  Myself and the 2 kids have Oz passports, Hubble has got his 309/100.  We thought we were ok to go as citizens/ permanent resident.  Have we missed something?