Am starting to feel like I've got George Gershwin on repeat...  🎵 "They're writing songs of love, but not for me...A lucky star's above, but not for me" 🎵 😂 😂

Seriously though, congrats to those who've had their grants and have let us know your timelines, its good to know there's real movement happening. Hopefully we get ours through soon too, really looking forward to making the move.

On 12/03/2020 at 18:29, bmcervale said:

That's great for you. I have no idea how they can do it so quick for some, my wife's application is still showing as received as the status, which it has for 6 months. Did you lodge through the London office?

Yes - we had to select the London office as the closest to us so I'm assuming that is where it went through! We are based in the republic of ireland though

Can anyone with a recent grant, who also had a child whilst waiting for the visa to process, please tell me what happened with regard to that child being added to the application? Was the child included in the visa grant or were you expected to get a further/new visa for the child? We’ve added our baby via the “change in circumstances” paperwork but it’s unclear what would then happen. 

2 hours ago, kazronicus said:

Can anyone with a recent grant, who also had a child whilst waiting for the visa to process, please tell me what happened with regard to that child being added to the application? Was the child included in the visa grant or were you expected to get a further/new visa for the child? We’ve added our baby via the “change in circumstances” paperwork but it’s unclear what would then happen. 

Presumably you or your partner is an Australian citizen and so you would just need to apply for their citizenship once they are born. They wouldn’t need a visa.  

4 hours ago, lepea said:

Presumably you or your partner is an Australian citizen and so you would just need to apply for their citizenship once they are born. They wouldn’t need a visa.  

We're in a slightly odd position in that I'm a citizen by descent, and because I haven't lived in Australia recently, our child does not qualify for citizenship/a passport yet. I grew up overseas, but my parents moved back a while ago, and they and my wider family all live in Australia now!

3 hours ago, kazronicus said:

We're in a slightly odd position in that I'm a citizen by descent, and because I haven't lived in Australia recently, our child does not qualify for citizenship/a passport yet. I grew up overseas, but my parents moved back a while ago, and they and my wider family all live in Australia now!

I see. Could you be in Australia before the birth - would that give the child automatic citizenship? 

It might be worth starting a separate post to gain some advice from one of the migration agents on this site? 

Hi All,

I am new to this forum. I have lodged my 309/100 application through London. I have read a lot of people have been granted the visa in the last week, congratulation to all!! I am hopeful that my decision comes fast too.

Here is my timeline

Application Lodged: 07-Feb-2020

RFI (health and witness statement): 28-Feb-2020

RFI submitted: 12-March-2020

Decision: waiting....what do you think ? Should I expect something soon?

I don't know if anyone else has heard anything in regards to the visa's in the current global situation but I got an email this morning from my agent saying that because the majority of visa's for Australia are long term plans, they are processing them as normal, but they are experiencing very high demand - I'm not sure if this will slow down some people's applications. 

Keep the faith everyone, we'll get there in the end. 

5 hours ago, CloLou said:

I don't know if anyone else has heard anything in regards to the visa's in the current global situation but I got an email this morning from my agent saying that because the majority of visa's for Australia are long term plans, they are processing them as normal, but they are experiencing very high demand - I'm not sure if this will slow down some people's applications. 

Keep the faith everyone, we'll get there in the end. 

Thank you. I hope that is the case. I also went to Australian High Commission London website, it said they are open and operating as normal.

Stay strong !!

Hi all, has anyone received any update or perhaps a grant this week? Hanging on for positive news... 

Our timeline is:

Application lodged: 09 July 2019 (fully front-loaded)

RFI (form 80 and family photos): 24 Feb 2020

RFI submitted: 27 Feb 2020

We've been together 16 years; married 13 years; and have three children with Australian citizenship/dual nationality.

25 minutes ago, MrsH said:

Hi all, has anyone received any update or perhaps a grant this week? Hanging on for positive news... 

Our timeline is:

Application lodged: 09 July 2019 (fully front-loaded)

RFI (form 80 and family photos): 24 Feb 2020

RFI submitted: 27 Feb 2020

We've been together 16 years; married 13 years; and have three children with Australian citizenship/dual nationality.

I applied 3rd July and havnt had an RFI or anything. 

4 minutes ago, Tmduk said:

I applied 3rd July and havnt had an RFI or anything. 

The order of grant approvals is confusing me a little but it seems there are still a few of us from mid- last year crossing our fingers and hoping... 

Is there anyone in Oz on a 600 awaiting the 309/100 partner to be approved. Curious to know what will happen in the circumstance you get asked to leave for a decision to be made on partner visa given the current circumstances. 

Yeah my husband is and he's to leave so wee booked a flight to Bali for Friday and sir Asia cancelled it. Apparently the government is aware of this but their is nothing in place. My husband's medical and police check run out in July and was told they can't freeze it and he will need to do his medical and police e check here and then upload again and wait to be told to leave again. Spent all day yesterday on the phone utter nightmare 

On 21/03/2020 at 14:59, GRS said:

Is there anyone in Oz on a 600 awaiting the 309/100 partner to be approved. Curious to know what will happen in the circumstance you get asked to leave for a decision to be made on partner visa given the current circumstances. 

I am here at the moment in this circumstance. I have until September to leave! I have contacted the immigration minister for help 

On 21/03/2020 at 19:09, Pneill said:

Yeah my husband is and he's to leave so wee booked a flight to Bali for Friday and sir Asia cancelled it. Apparently the government is aware of this but their is nothing in place. My husband's medical and police check run out in July and was told they can't freeze it and he will need to do his medical and police e check here and then upload again and wait to be told to leave again. Spent all day yesterday on the phone utter nightmare 

I was due to leave for NZ on the first april. Been told I have until September to leave. I am contacting the Australian immigration minister for help! 

Oh no - sorry to hear it! good luck both @Pneill and @Poppysunday. This is unexpected stress in an already painful process! At least they have extended the normal period to leave so I guess that is something and your partners are here with you rather than being stuck at opposite ends of the world..  Good luck with the immigration minister! 

What do people think is going to happen with offshore spouse visas with everything going on? Was hoping to move to oz around the end of the year but worried about the economy now. Likely they'll extend the 12 month entry period from approval date? 

On 19/03/2020 at 02:24, MrsH said:

The order of grant approvals is confusing me a little but it seems there are still a few of us from mid- last year crossing our fingers and hoping... 

It's impossible to judge from the posts on this forum, because there are people here from all over the world, and applications are not processed in order of receipt.

Straightforward applications from "low risk" countries are processed fastest.    All applications from "high risk" countries have significant delays because of extra security checks.

Any application which isn't straightforward is put aside and it's not clear how long they take to be looked at.

17 minutes ago, OzinEire said:

What do people think is going to happen with offshore spouse visas with everything going on? Was hoping to move to oz around the end of the year but worried about the economy now. Likely they'll extend the 12 month entry period from approval date? 

Once you get the grant, you are the spouse of an Australian citizen and you're allowed to enter the country.  Your only issue will be getting a flight.

9 hours ago, OzinEire said:

Hi OzinEire, According to Australian High Commission London, they are operating as normal, however, there might be some delays in Visa Processing due to Covid-19, this is comforting. On the flip side, till 2 weeks ago a lot of people on the forum were posting news about their Grants. Since last week I haven't seen any, this is worrying.

We will get there eventually !.

Stay Safe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Marisawright said:

It's impossible to judge from the posts on this forum, because there are people here from all over the world, and applications are not processed in order of receipt.

Straightforward applications from "low risk" countries are processed fastest.    All applications from "high risk" countries have significant delays because of extra security checks.

Any application which isn't straightforward is put aside and it's not clear how long they take to be looked at.

Thanks @Marisawright 

We are British + British/Australian but currently working in Dubai so that may account for any additional delay with our application. I had assumed applications were processed in order of receipt, makes more sense now