27 minutes ago, Aussiebird said:

My husband also previously had a partner visa, sponsored by myself and he has just been granted his Partner Visa this evening!! 8 month wait, which is quite a bit longer than the first time, which only took 5 months.

This time round, we thought it would have been quicker, but we uploaded alot of evidence etc......no agent or any RFI's.

Best of luck!!!!

Xx

Congratulations!

I might just be getting a little over exuberant.  An 8 month wait would also work for us seeing us in Australia just in time for Christmas by the time I worked notice etc.  What would be frustrating would be 90% within 21 months as that would impact our plans greatly.

From memory we uploaded about 80 documents with many of the documents covering multiple pieces of evidence.  For example if referencing some international travel we'd include photos and tickets in a single document.  For WhatsApp messages we combined them all into a single document.  Note sure if that's a lot of evidence or typical.

1 hour ago, Aussiebird said:

OMG!!!  We have just received the golden email, 309/100 have both been granted!!

8 month wait.

No agent or RFI

DOL: 24 May 2019.

So relieved now!!!

Good luck to those who are still waiting,they are coming through now from London!!

Xxx

Congratulations!!!! 🙂

• Congratulations 1

4 hours ago, HomewardBound said:

Have been lurking on this thread for some time but given recent news it seems appropriate to now share.

Applied for 309/100 on 25 November 2019

RFI 01 February 2020 for Medical Examinations.  Booked in for early next week.

So we're only 2 months in and they're already requesting medicals.  We've been married for many years and back in 2011 were granted a 309/100 but never activated the visa.  Long story but I wonder if the previous history is enabling us to queue jump...

So that was a letter request or on the dashboard? 

1 hour ago, HomewardBound said:

Congratulations!

I might just be getting a little over exuberant.  An 8 month wait would also work for us seeing us in Australia just in time for Christmas by the time I worked notice etc.  What would be frustrating would be 90% within 21 months as that would impact our plans greatly.

From memory we uploaded about 80 documents with many of the documents covering multiple pieces of evidence.  For example if referencing some international travel we'd include photos and tickets in a single document.  For WhatsApp messages we combined them all into a single document.  Note sure if that's a lot of evidence or typical.

Thank you!

We didn't include any chats between us at all, just evidence in the form of previous grant email, photos, bills, etc etc.....

Hope you get your grant very soon!

Xx

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HomewardBound said:

Have been lurking on this thread for some time but given recent news it seems appropriate to now share.

Applied for 309/100 on 25 November 2019

RFI 01 February 2020 for Medical Examinations.  Booked in for early next week.

So we're only 2 months in and they're already requesting medicals.  We've been married for many years and back in 2011 were granted a 309/100 but never activated the visa.  Long story but I wonder if the previous history is enabling us to queue jump...

Hey @HomewardBound, I think that depends on how you received the request. Although, i dont believe there is any queue jumping for anything. Cases are addressed lodgement date order, some cases are simpler than others and take less time. We received notification a few weeks after lodgement to complete our medical, once complete they upload clearance and it sits with your evidence waiting to be viewed by an agent once it's your turn. All up ours took around 9 months. 

Fingers crossed for you, hopefully having been granted before will help your case!

Edited by GemTrae

6 hours ago, Maroonie82 said:

Our 309/100 was granted today!!! Woohoo!!

We initially submitted on 26/02/19, first RFI was 11/12/19, then the second RFI was 10/01/20 and finally granted 04/02/20.

Now the planning begins! Any recommendations on companies to support with getting dogs over to Aus??

Congratulations to you too, where in Aus are you moving to?  We are going just south of Perth. Xx

7 hours ago, Maroonie82 said:

We initially submitted on 26/02/19, first RFI was 11/12/19, then the second RFI was 10/01/20 and finally granted 04/02/20.

Now the planning begins! Any recommendations on companies to support with getting dogs over to Aus??

Congrats @Maroonie82, what fantastic news for you!

I was actually looking at send my dog and cat the opposite way, and got quotes from Jetpets, Dogtainers and Petraveller, both of which were very close in price and inclusions. There are loads of reviews floating around on various others who actually went through with their services, and we were leaning toward Jetpets - https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/jetpets

Hope that helps! and Congrats again, exciting times for you and the furr-children!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Maroonie82 said:

Congratulations! I’m going to use Pet Air because it’s run by vets and has got a lot of good reviews. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Aussiebird said:

Congratulations to you too, where in Aus are you moving to?  We are going just south of Perth. Xx

We are heading to Melbourne as my family is there... But depending on where work takes us could be anywhere. I am just so happy to be going home 🙂

We seem to have done it the other way around from everyone else, visa first, then organise the move, so now the clock is ticking!

Thanks all for the suggestions.  PetAir does seem to be well recommended from UK but will update if anything changes.

So frustrating but received a RFI yesterday.

Only thing requested was a birth certificate. I'd uploaded a small copy which had my dob etc on but the only thing missing was my parents names. Had to request a new one as I have no idea where that is, should be with me tomorrow to upload. 

6 minutes ago, Owen86 said:

So frustrating but received a RFI yesterday.

Only thing requested was a birth certificate. I'd uploaded a small copy which had my dob etc on but the only thing missing was my parents names. Had to request a new one as I have no idea where that is, should be with me tomorrow to upload. 

We had the same issue for our last RFI!  Thankfully for us it was only a month after that we received our grant..

• Like 1

Almost 11 months and I am happy to say we received our golden emails!!! Both the 309 and 100 granted yesterday. Enter within 1 year of the grant, not the medicals or police certs. 

So relieved!! Obviously crazy excited and happy - cannot wait to see family and friends again in Aus, and meet the new nieces and nephews. Still a bit of mixed emotions though as we do love our life in the UK, and will miss our family and friends here like mad.

But it is our time to start our new adventures together and I can't wait!

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 2

Hi just wondering if anyone can help. My husband is coming over on his visa 600 and to Australia today and was wondering if I need to let immiaccount know change of address or details has anyone else done this before.

Thanks. And congrats to everyone receiving their visas we have had no to as yet or a visa grant but fingers crossed something will happen soon. 🇦🇺🦘

Hello Everyone!! 

I got my golden email yesterday 5th February, 2020. I screamed on the street when I got it! 

Applied: 28th February 2019. Submitted my medicals the next week, waited until I got an RFI which came on December 10, 2019 for my police records for the UK and Australia. Submitted all of these on the 10th of January and waited. Unfortunately, missed the chance to activate the visa during a visit to Australia in January, but I am still very pleased. It was approved on 5 Feb 2020 and I have been given until 5 Feb 2021 to make my initial entry. SO glad they've changed the rules and are giving us the full year to enter the country now! 

It's been almost a year since applying, and I am so relieved the process is over. We have been living in limbo, not knowing how long to sign leases for, praying we wont have to keep paying more money. 

All the best, and keep a chin up all my fellow Feb applicants! 

K

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 2

On 30/01/2020 at 15:08, C-J said:

Hey There, 

Im sure you won't be much longer now! 

Just a quick question when you got your RFI, was the police checks just for yourself or for your husband the sponsor too? 

It was for myself as well as my husband, for all the countries he's lived in for over 12 months (just the UK and Australia for him, UK, Aus, and USA for me)

Got our email yesterday to leave Australia for my husband's visa grant, they indicated for the 100. Applied off shore (NI) March 2019, RFI end of Dec, entered Aus 16th Jan on 600 visa, letter to leave when ready yesterday (up until Sept 20)

Have never been so relieved about anything in my life. Feel like our life has been on hold for the last year. It's all starting to come together now! Kids started in their new Australian school last week, I started my new job, my husband was just in limbo...it was awful. Best feeling ever getting the email yesterday! At first thought it was another RFI...and was about to flip it lol, but relieved when I read what it said.

Pity we missed it by 3 weeks, but good excuse for a trip to Bali or NZ for 5 days

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

Despite me currently pursuing a 189/190 I'm starting to look into this visa as time is running our before my Aus girlfriends WHV ends Jan 2021.

Reading this thread and everyone's jubilation at having theirs granted is nice to see and also very reassuring to read that the processing times can often be under 12 months as the stated processing time on the home affairs website is daunting!

Congrats to everyone who've recently been granted, not much must top that feeling of receiving that email.

Long time Lurker, so greatful for all of the info, and updates shared on this thread.  Following timelines kept me sane and allowed us to arrange medicals and police checks at prime time to avoid RFI.

We just received our grant both 309 and 100! Applied 12 JUNE 2019, from UK. Given one year from Grant to arrive in Aus.  Did medicals and police checks in early December 2019 without being requested. Everything else was done at the time of applying. Only submitted two 888's.  Did submit an additional collection of evidence (documents and photos) as proof of continued relationship in Dec 2019.  We have been together for 8 years married for 3.5years 1 child and another on the way. 

IMMI seem to have cleared whatever blockage they had over the last few months and pumping them out now! I was thinking we may be lucky to hear something in the next couple of weeks after these May applications were getting Grants/RFI's, not a couple of days! Over the moon! But also feeling for those who have applied before us and not heard from IMMI yet. Fingers crossed for you all that they come though really soon.

Booking flights tonight for December 2020 arrival.   Now to tell the UK family - we kept quiet in case it wasn't going to happen. Uuughh!

• Congratulations 2

Confused please help my husband has arrived in Australia on his subclass 600 visa and now immiaccount is giving us the option foe a bridging visa b. Has anyone else applied for this and how does it work I have no idea. Thanks congrats to everyone with their grants. X

Hi,

While i (applicant) was filling for 40sp i answered some questions like financial aspects of relationship. 
My partner as a sponsor had this questions in his form as well. 
Do you guys write 2 separate things or copy and past same answers for both? 
I used the same stuff in both forms. 
Do i need to withdraw sponsor application and redo it again with different wording?

On 09/02/2020 at 07:38, Mohsen.rbn said:

Hi,

While i (applicant) was filling for 40sp i answered some questions like financial aspects of relationship. 
My partner as a sponsor had this questions in his form as well. 
Do you guys write 2 separate things or copy and past same answers for both? 
I used the same stuff in both forms. 
Do i need to withdraw sponsor application and redo it again with different wording?

We copied and pasted this part without any issues...

• Like 1