Hey guys, we got an RFI on 23/01/20, having to get another U.K. police for my wife’s 309 application. 
lodged 11/04/19, front loaded everything so a bit bemused why they are asking for a new police clearance when still 3 months to run on the first one we loaded, but as they say hey ho!  We also have to provide a birth certificate for non migrating child? Anyway we’re just happy to have moved to intial assessment because it means progress.... 😉

great to see all the grants going through around our timeline and it has certainly given us hope as we saw/knew our lodgement date was getting closer. 
the forum has been great, keep posting the great grants, as it gives hope. 

my wife returns to the U.K. on 10/02/20 after being here 6 months on a 600 extended tourist visa, so hopefully there will be a grant whilst she’s out of the country back in the U.K. 

nearly there............

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peachedoutinoz said:

Hey guys, we got an RFI on 23/01/20, having to get another U.K. police for my wife’s 309 application. 
lodged 11/04/19, front loaded everything so a bit bemused why they are asking for a new police clearance when still 3 months to run on the first one we loaded, but as they say hey ho!  We also have to provide a birth certificate for non migrating child? Anyway we’re just happy to have moved to intial assessment because it means progress.... 😉

great to see all the grants going through around our timeline and it has certainly given us hope as we saw/knew our lodgement date was getting closer. 
the forum has been great, keep posting the great grants, as it gives hope. 

my wife returns to the U.K. on 10/02/20 after being here 6 months on a 600 extended tourist visa, so hopefully there will be a grant whilst she’s out of the country back in the U.K. 

nearly there............

As you have to provide the birth cert they obviously cannot grant the visa yet. The entry date on the visa is usually 12 months from the medical/police check. As the wait for the birth cert will push you nearer to April (when the original police check was done) I would suggest that the CO is asking for a new police check so that you will get a longer entry time - otherwise you could end up with a visa granted n March that must be validated by April!

On 25/01/2020 at 12:23, Nemesis said:

As you have to provide the birth cert they obviously cannot grant the visa yet. The entry date on the visa is usually 12 months from the medical/police check. As the wait for the birth cert will push you nearer to April (when the original police check was done) I would suggest that the CO is asking for a new police check so that you will get a longer entry time - otherwise you could end up with a visa granted n March that must be validated by April!

We had the copy of the birth cert for non migrating child uploaded within 1 hour of receiving the RFI. Now we have to wait for the police clearance again! 😕

we haven’t pressed confirm as still waiting for the police clearance.  Is it worth pressing now or wait for the police clearance??? 🤔

Hi Everyone 

we received our 309 visa today 🎉🇦🇺 however no 100 visa which was odd as we qualify for it being defacto for over 3 years with evidence such as leases together. My agent said they sometimes make this mistake and will contact the department.. so fingers crossed for the 100 soon. 

Applied: 309/100 onshore 29th April 2019 (agent)

Submitted Medical and Acro 2 months later with out being asked 

No RFI

Visa granted: 28th January 2020 (9 months)

It appears most English partner visas are taking 9 months. My advice would be to not overload them with photos and more evidence every few months as it takes longer to go through. We only uploaded flight info when we traveled to each other. 

Good Luck everyone thanks for all the advice and keeping me sane X 

• Congratulations 4

On 24/01/2020 at 22:10, KaptainKylie said:

first time post, here because I'm a bit disheartened! 

Applied for my 309 visa from London on 26 Feb 2019. Received a RFI for police checks on 10 Dec 2019. Submitted these second week of January 2020. Front loaded just my health check and my American police check, but had to also do my English and Australian police checks after the RFI.

I am American, husband is Australian. We live in England on my Irish passport and were married in August 2018. 

I was hoping for an approval before we went back to australia this past christmas for a wedding, but heard nothing. Everyone who has applied in April/May, don't get too discouraged! I am fast approaching a year waiting. 

I will keep everyone posted because I am following along with everyone else so closely. 

Let's hope this coming week is the one!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey There, 

Im sure you won't be much longer now! 

Just a quick question when you got your RFI, was the police checks just for yourself or for your husband the sponsor too? 

On 28/01/2020 at 18:47, Scoop said:

We got our 309 / 100 email today! 

Took 9 months and 1 day. No RFI and no agent.

We feel so relieved that we can finally start planning our new lives. 

🤩

Hey, 

Congratulations! 

Im also hoping to go home this year too. My partner just got RFI to do police checks and the sponsor form. But nothing regarding me (the sponsor) to do health or police checks. Im just trying to find out if not all sponsors are require to do a police check. Was this something you had to do? 

Would appreciate any advise 🙂 

Hey guys

I'm trying to seek some advise. 

We applied on 5th May 2019, RFI 28th January 2020. 

In the request was the police checks for applicant and the sponsors application form - can't believe we missed this! 

I was just wondering is not every sponsor required to do the police checks? Has anyone else been approved and not had their sponsor do the police checks? My only concern is we submit the RFI, and then we get a second one asking for my (the sponsor) police checks. Ive lived in a few countries and one of them been the united arab of emirates, and I know their police check system is so slow on average 3 months to get the certificate once submitting and this is if you do it in person in Dubai. Am I better getting a head start and doing this now. Or if its the case not all sponsors get requested to do the police checks, is it best to wait and hope they don't request this? 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

And Good Luck to everyone 🙂 

Hi All,

I got an RFI today for mine and sponsor's criminal checks plus history of relationship declarations. I've already applied for one criminal check so awaiting a reply. Glad to see so many movements recently 🙂 Hopefully not a long wait now..

• Congratulations 2

309 granted today! 

Applied 25th April 2019 and front loaded the application. No RFIs.

Granted 30th Jan 2020.

I was worried as I was on an 820 (onshore partner visa) previously that I withdrew as I broke up with my ex. I was refused 2 tourist visas to go to my partners sisters wedding in Australia this time last year, but no contact was made by immigration about this.

• Congratulations 2

I'm about to go to Australia on a tourist visa but applied for my 309 last May, so it might be getting imminent on recent timelines if I don't get an RFI (I will be there at the 9 month mark).

Can I check I don't need specifically to tell the authorities I am in Australia in case I am lucky enough to get to that stage while I am there?

9 hours ago, C-J said:

Hey There, 

Im sure you won't be much longer now! 

Just a quick question when you got your RFI, was the police checks just for yourself or for your husband the sponsor too? 

C-J

I asked the same question a few weeks ago.

I've attached the thread, if you can't open let me know. Hopefully it will answer your question.

On 30/01/2020 at 14:12, Erin Boxall said:

Hi Everyone 

we received our 309 visa today 🎉🇦🇺 however no 100 visa which was odd as we qualify for it being defacto for over 3 years with evidence such as leases together. My agent said they sometimes make this mistake and will contact the department.. so fingers crossed for the 100 soon. 

Applied: 309/100 onshore 29th April 2019 (agent)

Submitted Medical and Acro 2 months later with out being asked 

No RFI

Visa granted: 28th January 2020 (9 months)

It appears most English partner visas are taking 9 months. My advice would be to not overload them with photos and more evidence every few months as it takes longer to go through. We only uploaded flight info when we traveled to each other. 

Good Luck everyone thanks for all the advice and keeping me sane X 

Congratulations! You lucky duck 🙂

On 30/01/2020 at 18:22, Bepperz said:

309 granted today! 

Applied 25th April 2019 and front loaded the application. No RFIs.

Granted 30th Jan 2020.

I was worried as I was on an 820 (onshore partner visa) previously that I withdrew as I broke up with my ex. I was refused 2 tourist visas to go to my partners sisters wedding in Australia this time last year, but no contact was made by immigration about this.

Congratulations! How awesome!  🙂

On 30/01/2020 at 15:35, aliss said:

Hi All,

I got an RFI today for mine and sponsor's criminal checks plus history of relationship declarations. I've already applied for one criminal check so awaiting a reply. Glad to see so many movements recently 🙂 Hopefully not a long wait now..

A lot of people seem to get it right at the end before the approval. So how exciting!  🙂

• Like 1

Wow, immigration is certainly working hard to get through so many visas. March, April, May, June visas have been granted this month. Well done to the department! 

At the rate they are being processed, who thinks they will get some August ones in there in February? 😉 😂 I’m really hoping they will find my husband’s easy to process. 

309 granted on 31 January.

Applied 25 May 2019 - 8 months and one week.

"Front loaded" initially; police checks (self and sponsor) uploaded in June '19; updated details in August '19 and mid-January '20; medical done in late August '19.  No RFI.

First entry by 31 January 2021. Planning to be in Australia this month anyway so no problem with that.

• Congratulations 3

On 30/01/2020 at 15:13, C-J said:

Hey, 

Congratulations! 

Im also hoping to go home this year too. My partner just got RFI to do police checks and the sponsor form. But nothing regarding me (the sponsor) to do health or police checks. Im just trying to find out if not all sponsors are require to do a police check. Was this something you had to do? 

Would appreciate any advise 🙂 

Hi,

Yes, I (the sponsor) did a police check for the UK, and as I've lived her for over 10 years I didn't do one for Australia.

19 hours ago, TBD said:

309 granted on 31 January.

Applied 25 May 2019 - 8 months and one week.

"Front loaded" initially; police checks (self and sponsor) uploaded in June '19; updated details in August '19 and mid-January '20; medical done in late August '19.  No RFI.

First entry by 31 January 2021. Planning to be in Australia this month anyway so no problem with that.

Congratulations! All the best.

2 hours ago, Owen86 said:

Nothing, zip, nada 😞 I'm hoping this week is our week, especially since so many lodged after ours have been approved, so we can't be far behind. 

On 30/01/2020 at 19:27, C-J said:

Hey guys

I'm trying to seek some advise. 

We applied on 5th May 2019, RFI 28th January 2020. 

In the request was the police checks for applicant and the sponsors application form - can't believe we missed this! 

I was just wondering is not every sponsor required to do the police checks? Has anyone else been approved and not had their sponsor do the police checks? My only concern is we submit the RFI, and then we get a second one asking for my (the sponsor) police checks. Ive lived in a few countries and one of them been the united arab of emirates, and I know their police check system is so slow on average 3 months to get the certificate once submitting and this is if you do it in person in Dubai. Am I better getting a head start and doing this now. Or if its the case not all sponsors get requested to do the police checks, is it best to wait and hope they don't request this? 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

And Good Luck to everyone 🙂 

Hello @C-J we applied in July 2019 from the UAE (I am Australian, my husband British) and we were able to do our UAE police clearance certificates online via the Dubai Police website. They came through within a few days.

We're still in Further Assessment and have been for months. I've been following this whole thread because I'm hoping that the London application timelines are similar for applications from the UAE... but who knows?!

Have been lurking on this thread for some time but given recent news it seems appropriate to now share.

Applied for 309/100 on 25 November 2019

RFI 01 February 2020 for Medical Examinations.  Booked in for early next week.

So we're only 2 months in and they're already requesting medicals.  We've been married for many years and back in 2011 were granted a 309/100 but never activated the visa.  Long story but I wonder if the previous history is enabling us to queue jump...

• Congratulations 1

3 hours ago, HomewardBound said:

Have been lurking on this thread for some time but given recent news it seems appropriate to now share.

Applied for 309/100 on 25 November 2019

RFI 01 February 2020 for Medical Examinations.  Booked in for early next week.

So we're only 2 months in and they're already requesting medicals.  We've been married for many years and back in 2011 were granted a 309/100 but never activated the visa.  Long story but I wonder if the previous history is enabling us to queue jump...

My husband also previously had a partner visa, sponsored by myself and he has just been granted his Partner Visa this evening!! 8 month wait, which is quite a bit longer than the first time, which only took 5 months.

This time round, we thought it would have been quicker, but we uploaded alot of evidence etc......no agent or any RFI's.

Best of luck!!!!

Xx