6 minutes ago, CEP said:

@SpaintoAus have you checked this out with with a migration agent?? Please please be careful that you are remaining lawful. The bridging visa usually carries the same working rights as that visa you have been on (the expiring one) NOT the one you have applied for.

That's what I always understood but apparently it's not always the case.

8 minutes ago, CEP said:

@SpaintoAus have you checked this out with with a migration agent?? Please please be careful that you are remaining lawful. The bridging visa usually carries the same working rights as that visa you have been on (the expiring one) NOT the one you have applied for.

as I’m sure everyone is aware, immigration are known to visit these forums and although it’s a long old wait, it’s worth the advice just to be sure you’re not scuppering your whole future.

I called the immigration department and spoke to them directly about the conditions and they told me it was all good. 🙂

• Like 1

@SpaintoAus they’ve been known to sometimes not give accurate info (read through these forums)

Great news if it’s all good (it’s not impossible!)  but I’d be going all belts and braces if it were me- there’s no recourse on a conversation you may have had with them which may have given you incorrect info.

3 hours ago, SpaintoAus said:

I called the immigration department and spoke to them directly about the conditions and they told me it was all good. 🙂

Please please check it out with a registered agent.  It is virtually unheard of to get a Bridging Visa in the situation you describe and for that reason I would be very careful about the working rights. When bridging from tourist to 820/801 you would get working rights, but bridging from tourist to 309/100 is not going to be as clear cut

50 minutes ago, Larnie said:

Hi All, please could I ask what travel insurance people got when moving abroad? I’ve looked at one way travel insurance but it says it’s not suitable for expats. I just need it to cover me for the flight over. Thanks in advance. 

Hi Larnie, for one way we’ve always used Covermore (we only needed insurance for the actual journey & luggage though)

Edited by AliQ
Incorrect spelling of name

1 hour ago, Rosie0709 said:

does anyone who applied last year have any updates on their progress. Applied earlier this week and would be nice to keep track of how long they are roughly taking?

Applied 28th Jan 2019 from London, RFI 5th December 2019, Medical / Police check early December as we were thinking they’d be requested for in December anyways :)!  🤞🏻 fingers crossed we will hear by the end of Jan! Might be being over hopeful though!  

Updated excel sheet updated.  I have tried to keep updated but if you have any details you wish added just tag me and I can enter as its a lot to read through.

I have just booked flights back to the UK, my visa expires on the 15 January so it was a case of taking ownership or sitting right to the wire making myself sick waiting and wondering.  I am gutted to be going home so soon but that's the gamble we took.  I just cant see why the approvals are taking so long for some of us, its a really frustrating process and its a faceless service unless you have an agent which we didn't think we would need with a straight forward application.  

Good luck everyone for this week as the offices should be open after the Christmas break.  

Offshore Partner Visa London (21) (1).xlsx

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, mppc said:

Updated excel sheet updated.  I have tried to keep updated but if you have any details you wish added just tag me and I can enter as its a lot to read through.

I have just booked flights back to the UK, my visa expires on the 15 January so it was a case of taking ownership or sitting right to the wire making myself sick waiting and wondering.  I am gutted to be going home so soon but that's the gamble we took.  I just cant see why the approvals are taking so long for some of us, its a really frustrating process and its a faceless service unless you have an agent which we didn't think we would need with a straight forward application.  

Good luck everyone for this week as the offices should be open after the Christmas break.  

I’m so sorry to here that you have to return to Australia. Hope your visa is granted soon! 

• Thanks 1

@mppc im sorry to hear you had to book flights back to the UK. Im hoping your grant is on its way. I can only imagine your frustration.
keep us updated!

we are flying to gold coast in two weeks to start our new life. No jobs but hopeful that one of us will get a job quickly

sad to hear about Aus fires and hope everyone is safe  

On 03/01/2020 at 23:33, mppc said:

Hi mppc I looked at the spreadsheet the other day when u posted it and I'm sure I was on it now I'm not can u please put me back on it just so I can keep it updated thanks 

16 hours ago, Pneill said:

Any one been granted that golden email yet this year. I applied for my husbands visa 600 on the 28th and recieved it this morning only got granted 3 months totally gutted. 

Wow, a 3 month grant, that is incredibly frustrating! 

No golden email yet, no matter how many times i check my email it's not there 😞

On 07/01/2020 at 09:11, Pneill said:

Any one been granted that golden email yet this year. I applied for my husbands visa 600 on the 28th and recieved it this morning only got granted 3 months totally gutted. 

Oh no :( that’s so frustrating. What are your circumstances? I applied for a 600 before Xmas and got 12 months. I wonder why there can be such a stark difference:( 

I have no idea I'm an australian citizen and so r the kids just waiting gone hi partner visa coming. I sent all the documents and a letter stating that we would benefit him coming over to help support me into work and kids and that he helps me with my mental health sometimes with my anxiety etc. But only got 3 months. Maybe cause hes due his partner visa soon. What was your reason for applying and getting the 12 mo this I'm so gutted x