21 hours ago, EsBear said:

Can I just ask - anyone who has already been approved- is everyone always submitting the form 80 doc? Is it always necessary or would they only RFI for bits of info they need, if they need it? 

We submitted form 80 also, mostly duplicated info but from memory there are some bits about visas and address history that the application didn’t have. 

Just a quick update for anyone collecting info, I found out whilst in Bali that I got the 309 and 100 together, which is great. Good luck to everyone still waiting 

• Congratulations 1

RFI on Friday evening! Relieved it's eventually been looked at, but so frustrated that they need further info!

1/ Police check was out of date by one week, so need another 

2/ Been together 15 years, married 10 next year and provided a full timeline with supporting docs, but they want evidence from 2 specific time frames now! 

3/ And an addiditional 888 form.

2 and 3 I can provide straight away, but waiting game on the police certificate.

I have this ideal dream that if I get them uploaded within 10days, that the visa will be approved before we fly on the 14th Jan......I know, I'm dreaming lol 

We have 600 approved for 12 months, but the full visa would be the icing on the cake 

They did mention the further detail on relationship is for the 100 though, so at least that's positive, we should be permanent visa instead of 309

RFI on Friday evening! Relieved it's eventually been looked at, but so frustrated that they need further info!
1/ Police check was out of date by one week, so need another 
2/ Been together 15 years, married 10 next year and provided a full timeline with supporting docs, but they want evidence from 2 specific time frames now! 
3/ And an addiditional 888 form.
2 and 3 I can provide straight away, but waiting game on the police certificate.
I have this ideal dream that if I get them uploaded within 10days, that the visa will be approved before we fly on the 14th Jan......I know, I'm dreaming lol 
We have 600 approved for 12 months, but the full visa would be the icing on the cake 
They did mention the further detail on relationship is for the 100 though, so at least that's positive, we should be permanent visa instead of 309

Fingers crossed you get it before the 14th Jan! Can I ask when you applied?

What is the average waiting time for married couples? Do they have a priority over engaged couples? 

I’m Australian and my husband is English. Next year will be 9 years together (8 living together, 6 married).

We applied in August 19.

I regret not applying from Australia instead, as I am desperate to be back in OZ now.

21 minutes ago, Returnhome said:

What is the average waiting time for married couples? Do they have a priority over engaged couples? 

I’m Australian and my husband is English. Next year will be 9 years together (8 living together, 6 married).

We applied in August 19.

I regret not applying from Australia instead, as I am desperate to be back in OZ now.

Unfortunately there is no priority we all just sit in a queue And when we get looked at we get looked at. Long waiting game. We are 18months in still waiting 

6 hours ago, Returnhome said:

There is no priority for married couples but on the bright side, if you are from a low-risk country (like the UK) then you'll be processed faster than someone from a high-risk country, so it's not a strict next-in-line queue. 

On 23/12/2019 at 20:03, Ben34uk said:

Unfortunately there is no priority we all just sit in a queue And when we get looked at we get looked at. Long waiting game. We are 18months in still waiting 

Oh wow 18 months, geez. I really hope you hear something very soon. When I read someone a page or two back applied in March this year and got approved in December, I was hoping it’s no more than a nine month wait on average. 

20 hours ago, Marisawright said:

There is no priority for married couples but on the bright side, if you are from a low-risk country (like the UK) then you'll be processed faster than someone from a high-risk country, so it's not a strict next-in-line queue. 

You know I did wonder that and wanted to ask about it, but didn’t want to cause offence. But glad you confirmed what I thought. It’s not a desperate situation for people to get out of the UK as it would be for less fortunate countries. All I can do is hope, pray and play the lottery hahaha.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Returnhome said:

You know I did wonder that and wanted to ask about it, but didn’t want to cause offence. But glad you confirmed what I thought. It’s not a desperate situation for people to get out of the UK as it would be for less fortunate countries. All I can do is hope, pray and play the lottery hahaha.

I'm not sure what you mean.  If you're in the UK, you're going to get processed a lot faster than someone in, say, Pakistan - even though someone in Pakistan may be more desperate to leave. That's because Immigration does a lot more security checks on people coming from countries deemed as high risk for terrorism.

Edited by Marisawright

19 minutes ago, Returnhome said:

My husband and I have applied from the UK, we had 9 months waiting before there was a request for further information! The waiting game is horrendous and we probably still have another 3 months to go at least but it’s progress!!

Hope everyone had a good Christmas  UK offices should now be open after the holiday break. Clutching at straws now in the hope we get some approvals.  If not I'm going back to Northern Ireland just before the 15th Jan as my visitor visa is up. I applied for a bridging visa in the hope I don't have to leave but I have resigned myself to the probability that I will. Hoping we get movement this wait it unbelievably hard. 

Hi can I please be added to the excel page. Applied for spouse visa for my husband I'm australian and all kids have dual nationality holding all australian passports too.  We have been together since 5 may 2015, son born 16 august 2016and married 11 November 2017 we Applied in uk but im moving to Australia 20th January 2020 to start the kids in the new year for school we have 4 kids moving with us.

Visa Submitted 26 june 2019

Form 80 uploaded 1st july 2019

Acro police uploaded 12 july 2019

Medical was done glasgow 1st august2019

Me  (sponsor) acro was uploaded 4th december 2019.

I've not heard nothing so far and status of appliation is at received. Has anyone else applied the same day or a few before and heard anything yet. Also can my husband apply for a bridging.g visa to come over to Australia till his visa is granted??please any help I'm now freaking out and dont want to leave him.

• Like 1

Yeah, I do understand why the UK is a priority. The desperation comment is about them being more likely to lie to immigration, have a fake marriage etc. In other words a high risk.

On 24/12/2019 at 23:08, Marisawright said:

I'm not sure what you mean.  If you're in the UK, you're going to get processed a lot faster than someone in, say, Pakistan - even though someone in Pakistan may be more desperate to leave. That's because Immigration does a lot more security checks on people coming from countries deemed as high risk for terrorism.

• Like 1

On 24/12/2019 at 23:09, mjpoplett92 said:

My husband and I have applied from the UK, we had 9 months waiting before there was a request for further information! The waiting game is horrendous and we probably still have another 3 months to go at least but it’s progress!!

That’s disgusting they wait 9 months before requesting further information. I was told when I called them that they start working on your file right away, surely it doesn’t take 9 months to realise information is missing. I was also told that hubby shouldn’t have submitted the medical and police check as it could run out before it gets approved. However it was requesting the medical on the dashboard. It’s a lot of money you’re paying them, so they should be expected to be competent in their processing of it. 

11 hours ago, mppc said:

Hope everyone had a good Christmas  UK offices should now be open after the holiday break. Clutching at straws now in the hope we get some approvals.  If not I'm going back to Northern Ireland just before the 15th Jan as my visitor visa is up. I applied for a bridging visa in the hope I don't have to leave but I have resigned myself to the probability that I will. Hoping we get movement this wait it unbelievably hard. 

Fingers crossed you will get your bridging visa. Perhaps chase them? 

• Like 1

So been reading through all these post from last year also and I've came across that my husband who is waiting g on his spouse visa that he can actually apply for a 600 tourist Visa which we have applied for we had no idea that was an option to do as it will be better for us as I can get a job and he can settle kids In school etc whilst i work. As I wouldnt be able to work straight away and he would be working from the uk so works out the same and better if he gets the tourist visa. Fingers crossed for us. 24 days till western Australia.

7 hours ago, Pneill said:

Hi can I please be added to the excel page. Applied for spouse visa for my husband I'm australian and all kids have dual nationality holding all australian passports too.  We have been together since 5 may 2015, son born 16 august 2016and married 11 November 2017 we Applied in uk but im moving to Australia 20th January 2020 to start the kids in the new year for school we have 4 kids moving with us.

Visa Submitted 26 june 2019

Form 80 uploaded 1st july 2019

Acro police uploaded 12 july 2019

Medical was done glasgow 1st august2019

Me  (sponsor) acro was uploaded 4th december 2019.

I've not heard nothing so far and status of appliation is at received. Has anyone else applied the same day or a few before and heard anything yet. Also can my husband apply for a bridging.g visa to come over to Australia till his visa is granted??please any help I'm now freaking out and dont want to leave him.

Your hubby can go over on a visitor visa for up to 12 months. I posted the other day asking if my husband could get a bridging visa as I want to go back home early next year and the advice I got was no, he won’t get one. It seems it’s only for people who apply onshore in Australia. Which suxs as my husband won’t be allowed  to work, therefore we have to stay put and wait for his visa to be approved. I applied in August and the waiting time was 17 months. Have you considered you could be over there a year or so before he gets his visa? you would be better off staying here another year, unfortunately.

Edited by Returnhome

22 minutes ago, Returnhome said:

That’s disgusting they wait 9 months before requesting further information. I was told when I called them that they start working on your file right away, surely it doesn’t take 9 months to realise information is missing. I was also told that hubby shouldn’t have submitted the medical and police check as it could run out before it gets approved. However it was requesting the medical on the dashboard. It’s a lot of money you’re paying them, so they should be expected to be competent in their processing of it. 

It’s not great, and it is a large expense upfront but it is what it is! They have a lot of applications to look through and would hope they’re thorough with everyone! In the great scheme of things, waiting 12+ months isn’t that bad if it means I get to spend the rest of my life with my husband in Aus!

In our case the extra information requested was in relation to a specific timeframe of our relationship which hopefully means they’ll be granting both 309&100 at the same time! Just additional proof of de facto status! 

Yes we waited until we were requested for medicals / police checks they are an added expense wouldn’t want to spend the money twice! 

Here’s hoping that they process the RFI super fast would be a lovely entrance into 2020!

23 minutes ago, Returnhome said:

Your hubby can go over on a visitor visa for up to 12 months. I posted the other day asking if my husband could get a bridging visa as I want to go back home early next year and the advice I got was no, he won’t get one. It seems it’s only for people who apply onshore in Australia. Which suxs as my husband won’t be allowed  to work

Actually the bridging visa might not have helped either, because employers don't like hiring people on a bridging visa, so he would've struggled to get a job anyway.  

18 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Actually the bridging visa might not have helped either, because employers don't like hiring people on a bridging visa, so he would've struggled to get a job anyway.  

Wow, I’m so relieved now that wasn’t an option, as what you have pointed out, wouldn’t have occurred to me. Thanks Marisa. 

18 hours ago, mjpoplett92 said:

It’s not great, and it is a large expense upfront but it is what it is! They have a lot of applications to look through and would hope they’re thorough with everyone! In the great scheme of things, waiting 12+ months isn’t that bad if it means I get to spend the rest of my life with my husband in Aus!

In our case the extra information requested was in relation to a specific timeframe of our relationship which hopefully means they’ll be granting both 309&100 at the same time! Just additional proof of de facto status! 

Yes we waited until we were requested for medicals / police checks they are an added expense wouldn’t want to spend the money twice! 

Here’s hoping that they process the RFI super fast would be a lovely entrance into 2020!

Yeah, it would be amazing start to 2020 for you. Here’s hoping you hear news soon! 

On 27/12/2019 at 20:14, mppc said:

Good luck on the bridging visa! I was shocked when they granted my husband's.  His becomes active on the 13th January, and he's been offered a job already to start on the 13th! It's a massive relief, and a bright spot while waiting for the 309/100 🙂

@SpaintoAus have you checked this out with with a migration agent?? Please please be careful that you are remaining lawful. The bridging visa usually carries the same working rights as that visa you have been on (the expiring one) NOT the one you have applied for.

as I’m sure everyone is aware, immigration are known to visit these forums and although it’s a long old wait, it’s worth the advice just to be sure you’re not scuppering your whole future.

1 hour ago, SpaintoAus said:

Good luck on the bridging visa! I was shocked when they granted my husband's.  His becomes active on the 13th January, and he's been offered a job already to start on the 13th! It's a massive relief, and a bright spot while waiting for the 309/100 🙂

Often people on bridging visas face discrimination from employers, so it's great to hear that he's got a job.