On 14/12/2019 at 06:23, SaskiaZ said:

Just to update all that we received our 309 and 100 on Wednesday! 🥳 Literally on our way to the airport!! 
good luck to everyone still waiting. Hoping they do lots more before Christmas xx

(applied 03/03/19

married 7 years 

2 kids with Aussie passports

frontloaded)

Congratulations!!! You lodged the day before I did so this gives me so much hope!!! I'd love that golden email, it is our daughter's first birthday today so that would just make my day!

Well I got a letter today saying they were assessing our 600. BUT it has been referred to VACCU for assessment. Letter states it can take up to 12 months and that it is not likely to be looked at within the next few months. Just for a visitor visa. 

I get it’s our own fault as he has a record but it’s from 25 years ago as a 21 year old defending himself against a group. Obviously the 600 was a waste of time and the 300 won’t be processed any time soon. 

What I don’t understand is that they granted him a 457 without sending it for assessment a few years ago. Hopefully they will use the one assessment for both 600 and 300. 

On 13/12/2019 at 17:09, aliss said:

Mine (the applicant) also says "received", whilst my partner's (the sponsor) says "submitted". He applied through a separate account which is linked together with mine (I believe that's the new way of submitting Form 80).

Hi again.

Did you use an agent when submitting your application?

We did, and they haven't registered separate immi accounts for us. I'm a little concerned now as we've had nothing but issues with the agent we used.

7 hours ago, Neill said:

Hi again.

Did you use an agent when submitting your application?

We did, and they haven't registered separate immi accounts for us. I'm a little concerned now as we've had nothing but issues with the agent we used.

No, I didn't use an agent. As far as I remember, after I submitted my application it asked me to open up an immiaccount for  the sponsor quoting my application number. It then asks the sponsor the same questions they requested from me in the application form (but from their perspective). This is the same as Form 80 - if you have filled it in and scanned into your application then you should be fine, however I remember some people here complained they had done this and were then asked in RFI to open up the sponsor's immiaccount to fill in this information nevertheless! Perhaps check with your agent?

On the application status, this is what Home Affairs website says:

Check your application status
If you applied online you can check your visa application status in ImmiAccount.

We assign a status to your application to show progress.

The status shows next to your application in 'My applications summary'.

Incomplete means you have started but not completed an application.
Ready to submit means you have completed an application and can submit.
Submitted means you have submitted an application.
Received means we have received an application from you and can assess it within the current processing times.
Initial assessment means we are assessing your application.
Further assessment means we are assessing the information we requested from you.
Finalised means we have made a decision. We will notify you by email or post.
Note: The application status for My Health Declarations and Partner sponsorship forms will always display a status of submitted and will not change to a status of received.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, aliss said:

No, I didn't use an agent. As far as I remember, after I submitted my application it asked me to open up an immiaccount for  the sponsor quoting my application number. It then asks the sponsor the same questions they requested from me in the application form (but from their perspective). This is the same as Form 80 - if you have filled it in and scanned into your application then you should be fine, however I remember some people here complained they had done this and were then asked in RFI to open up the sponsor's immiaccount to fill in this information nevertheless! Perhaps check with your agent?

On the application status, this is what Home Affairs website says:

Check your application status
If you applied online you can check your visa application status in ImmiAccount.

We assign a status to your application to show progress.

The status shows next to your application in 'My applications summary'.

Incomplete means you have started but not completed an application.
Ready to submit means you have completed an application and can submit.
Submitted means you have submitted an application.
Received means we have received an application from you and can assess it within the current processing times.
Initial assessment means we are assessing your application.
Further assessment means we are assessing the information we requested from you.
Finalised means we have made a decision. We will notify you by email or post.
Note: The application status for My Health Declarations and Partner sponsorship forms will always display a status of submitted and will not change to a status of received.

does anyone on here have a status of "initial assessment"? would be interesting to know! we're on "received" for my partner's 309/100, and "submitted" for my sponsorship bit...

Ah! have also just seen this on the online guidance:

"Note: The application status for My Health Declarations and Partner sponsorship forms will always display a status of submitted and will not change to a status of received."

which is where my sponsorship status is sitting.

(found at https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/applying-online-or-on-paper/online) 

Just now, kazronicus said:

Ah! have also just seen this on the online guidance:

"Note: The application status for My Health Declarations and Partner sponsorship forms will always display a status of submitted and will not change to a status of received."

which is where my sponsorship status is sitting.

(found at https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/applying-online-or-on-paper/online) 

I clearly haven't had my coffee this morning, as this sentence was also in the text posted by @aliss above... 🙄😂🙄😂 oops!

Hey @GRS that's you added again - sorry im not sure what happened.  Sorry to hear you are still waiting - Have you contacted them to enquire or get advice? I'm sure you are out of your mind as I know i am.  Maybe this is our week, Wednesday/ Thursday are the big active days and you never know this could be it!! 

Offshore Partner Visa London (21) (1).xlsx

Edited by mppc

Just seen that the processing times have increased again... Now showing between 18 to 24 months!!

Not the news I am sure anyone on here wants to read or know. Lets hope 2020, can produce some miracles and get these processing times down, they have increased so much in the last few months.

4 hours ago, DamoC said:

Just seen that the processing times have increased again... Now showing between 18 to 24 months!!

Not the news I am sure anyone on here wants to read or know. Lets hope 2020, can produce some miracles and get these processing times down, they have increased so much in the last few months.

When I looked just now, it's still at 17- 20 months...?

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, Fonzarelli said:

When I looked just now, it's still at 17- 20 months...?

yeah, it's actually down a month at the upper end, from 21 to 20 months. Still a ridiculously long time, looking through the thread on removalists and 18 months ago the timeframe for processing visas was 6 months for those lucky people. 

I really wish I'd looked into the visa earlier, instead of assuming it would be similar to the UK for partners. 

1 hour ago, bmcervale said:

yeah, it's actually down a month at the upper end, from 21 to 20 months. Still a ridiculously long time, looking through the thread on removalists and 18 months ago the timeframe for processing visas was 6 months for those lucky people. 

I really wish I'd looked into the visa earlier, instead of assuming it would be similar to the UK for partners. 

Me too! I had no idea it would take this long when I had my UK visa approved in four days! I am going back to Aus soon for work so hoping it won’t take too long... applied 25.03.19.

Ah my emotions right now... It's not even an approval, but we have had an RFI.

They are requesting evidence of the length of our relationship for at least 3 years, in particular financial and household. We had provided loooadss of evidence on this already, but I guess its back to looking it over and re-submitting, seeing if we can find anything extra to add. The other RFI is for evidence of my (the sponsor) Italian citizenship - I have dual Aussie and Italian citizenship (so luckily have been able to be with my partner in England whilst we wait!). This one I think will be trickier as all I have is my Italian passport and they said they need more than that. So recruiting my dad to get any evidence he can find (his birth certificate, my Italian grandparents birth certificates, proof of their aussie citizenship etc). Not exactly sure what I need ! But hopefully I can gather enough / the right evidence in the 28 day time limit! Eeeeeek.

Man my heart is beating so fast, I am at work and have downed tools because I cannot concentrate. And this is just for an RFI ! I will be a mess if/when the visa finally gets approved. 

It's my work Christmas party tonight and I had planned on it being a quiet one, but I need a drink (or 5) to calm my nerves!!

46 minutes ago, PerthLondonGirl89 said:

Ah my emotions right now... It's not even an approval, but we have had an RFI.

They are requesting evidence of the length of our relationship for at least 3 years, in particular financial and household. We had provided loooadss of evidence on this already, but I guess its back to looking it over and re-submitting, seeing if we can find anything extra to add. The other RFI is for evidence of my (the sponsor) Italian citizenship - I have dual Aussie and Italian citizenship (so luckily have been able to be with my partner in England whilst we wait!). This one I think will be trickier as all I have is my Italian passport and they said they need more than that. So recruiting my dad to get any evidence he can find (his birth certificate, my Italian grandparents birth certificates, proof of their aussie citizenship etc). Not exactly sure what I need ! But hopefully I can gather enough / the right evidence in the 28 day time limit! Eeeeeek.

Man my heart is beating so fast, I am at work and have downed tools because I cannot concentrate. And this is just for an RFI ! I will be a mess if/when the visa finally gets approved. 

It's my work Christmas party tonight and I had planned on it being a quiet one, but I need a drink (or 5) to calm my nerves!!

Ahh that’s exactly how I was when we got an RFI for my husbands application last week!!! We needed proof of being defacto for a specific period so we submitted some extra info and statements from people too as our agent suggested, as we didn’t have bills etc!

good luck with the extra info and don’t stress you’ll be fine 28 days is enough time! 

We applied end of Feb 2019 from London too! So glad to see they’re moving through applications 🙂 now I wonder how long we’ll have to wait to find out if it’s enough! Hopefully no more than 2/3 months!!!! 

• Like 1

Got an RFI today and application is now at ‘initial assessment’. 
The request is for character info such as form 80, character references and UK subject access request (no idea what that is lol). 
Request says once provided it will be forwarded on to character assessment unit so it’s likely to be quite some time for us. 

My question is does anyone know if there is a template for the character reference or if it needs to be a stat dec? Can’t find any info and from what I have found it can just be a signed letter? Anyone know? 

Thanks

4 hours ago, SmileyD said:

Got an RFI today and application is now at ‘initial assessment’. 
The request is for character info such as form 80, character references and UK subject access request (no idea what that is lol). 
Request says once provided it will be forwarded on to character assessment unit so it’s likely to be quite some time for us. 

My question is does anyone know if there is a template for the character reference or if it needs to be a stat dec? Can’t find any info and from what I have found it can just be a signed letter? Anyone know? 

Thanks

A subject access request will give details of a criminal record - usually more details than those on the ACRO check. Find the website for your local police service and that should have details on how to obtain it - it is produced by the local service, rather then centrally, and will be done by somewhere like the Police HQ Data Protection Office.

• Thanks 1

A bloody Christmas miracle!! My partners 309 was approved over night Aus time. 

Long time follower here (and thank you for providing updates on your visas. It really has helped me gauge processing times.) 

Applied from UK: 12th March 2019

Granted: 20th December 2019

Together: 4 years

Fully front loaded with all the super fun forms, police & medical checks. No agent used or RFI. 

We went about it a little differently and applied in the UK while on holiday visiting family. Returned to Australia while my partner completed his 2nd WHV. After this visa was finished he then returned again to UK to process a Skilled Visa obtained through seasonal winter work here in Australia. This enabled us to spend much of the processing time together before he had to leave to work overseas for Northern Hemisphere winter. 

Lots of detail but hopefully this can help others spend some of the processing time together. We checked this scenario with the Dept. Home Affairs and we were told the visas don't interact while the 309 was processing. 

Good luck to you all and I hope the DHA has a few more Christmas miracles up their sleave. 

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 4

12 hours ago, TwoSkiBums said:

A bloody Christmas miracle!! My partners 309 was approved over night Aus time. 

Long time follower here (and thank you for providing updates on your visas. It really has helped me gauge processing times.) 

Applied from UK: 12th March 2019

Granted: 20th December 2019

Together: 4 years

Fully front loaded with all the super fun forms, police & medical checks. No agent used or RFI. 

We went about it a little differently and applied in the UK while on holiday visiting family. Returned to Australia while my partner completed his 2nd WHV. After this visa was finished he then returned again to UK to process a Skilled Visa obtained through seasonal winter work here in Australia. This enabled us to spend much of the processing time together before he had to leave to work overseas for Northern Hemisphere winter. 

Lots of detail but hopefully this can help others spend some of the processing time together. We checked this scenario with the Dept. Home Affairs and we were told the visas don't interact while the 309 was processing. 

Good luck to you all and I hope the DHA has a few more Christmas miracles up their sleave. 

That is great news- what a great Christmas time gift !!. Now you can really plan your year ahead 🙂

Can I just ask - anyone who has already been approved- is everyone always submitting the form 80 doc? Is it always necessary or would they only RFI for bits of info they need, if they need it? I haven’t submitted it as it seems to duplicate a lot of what has already been provided in the main application part. But I have front loaded everything else in the hope they will just approve it when my time comes! So am wondering if I should just do it or if it isn’t always necessary?

Thank you 🙂I applied in June so am hoping they have found their flow now and it won’t be too much longer before we hear anything! 

7 hours ago, EsBear said:

That is great news- what a great Christmas time gift !!. Now you can really plan your year ahead 🙂

Can I just ask - anyone who has already been approved- is everyone always submitting the form 80 doc? Is it always necessary or would they only RFI for bits of info they need, if they need it? I haven’t submitted it as it seems to duplicate a lot of what has already been provided in the main application part. But I have front loaded everything else in the hope they will just approve it when my time comes! So am wondering if I should just do it or if it isn’t always necessary?

Thank you 🙂I applied in June so am hoping they have found their flow now and it won’t be too much longer before we hear anything! 

We did as a precaution as we had seen so many others with Form 80 RFI and we wanted to make the process as streamlined as possible. I think it's worth taking the time to do even if it does duplicate information. 

Good luck!! 

18 hours ago, EsBear said:

I was told by my agent not to bother with the form 1221 but to definitely do the form 80, hope this helps