Hi guys!

RFI this morning for my husbands application! 

309/100 applied feb 2019 (From London)

Police Check / Medical Dec 2019 (we already started the process to arrange prior to RFI and have medical booked for next week!) 

The RFI wants more information about us being defacto from feb 2016 - feb 2019 and our relationship being genuine. 

Technically we only started living together from September 2019 while I was still tied to a rental agreement. This is something our Agent knew and didn’t see as a problem, from feb - sept 2016 my partner and I would spend half and half between my place and his and I have asked my old live in land lady to write a statement proving this including a period of 12 weeks when she was away and he stayed at my location the entire duration. 

Anybody have any other suggestions for info we could provide?

Feeling frustrated!

3 hours ago, mjpoplett92 said:

Hi guys!

Police Check / Medical Dec 2019 (we already started the process to arrange prior to RFI and have medical booked for next week!) 

The RFI wants more information about us being defacto from feb 2016 - feb 2019 and our relationship being genuine. 

Technically we only started living together from September 2019 while I was still tied to a rental agreement. This is something our Agent knew and didn’t see as a problem, from feb - sept 2016 my partner and I would spend half and half between my place and his and I have asked my old live in land lady to write a statement proving this including a period of 12 weeks when she was away and he stayed at my location the entire duration. 

Feeling frustrated!

If you have pics of you two together as couple of social events and trips etc, it will help you in proving your relationship

20 hours ago, Fonzarelli said:

5th June - so just over 6 months for the RFI.

This gives me a bit of hope things are moving! We submitted our application in July, so am hoping not too long til we get some indication a caseworker has been assigned 🙂 @Fonzarelli did you also submit in London? Good luck with things moving speedily after your RFI!

Provide loads of photos. Use an app like instacollage to submit loads in 1 go. I also took loads of screenshots of our Facebook photos which were also time stamped.

To put in to context me and wife didnt have joint finances, or rental agreement at all, but explained it in our personal statements.

Hi guys!

Feeling frustrated!

Hi all,

I also applied on the 25.2.19 (I don’t think I was ever added to the spreadsheet) and have just woke up in Melbourne to an email asking me to leave Australia for my visa to be granted. Such a huge relief!

Congratulations @Larnie 🥳🥳 I remember a while ago seeing that you applied the same day as me and wondered whether we would get ours together!

@mjpoplett92 I think the letter from your landlord will be really helpful, and the RFIs have been processed quickly recently so hopefully it won’t take too long from here.

Good luck everyone! 

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 5

6 hours ago, kazronicus said:

This gives me a bit of hope things are moving! We submitted our application in July, so am hoping not too long til we get some indication a caseworker has been assigned 🙂 @Fonzarelli did you also submit in London? Good luck with things moving speedily after your RFI!

Hi @kazronicus

yes, applied in London. Likewise on the luck thing - let's sprinkle a bit of luck everywhere!

• Like 1

Hey All!

Long time listener, first time caller...

In line with the timeline, we have received an RFI today(AU)/yesterday(UK) for my AU police checks, proof of defacto from February to August 2018, another friends referral and another copy of my partners birth certificate.

We applied on the 25th of February for 309/100.

While not the grant we want, at least they are looking at our application!

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to check something - my visa application (as the applicant) instantly was marked ‘submitted’

but my husbands sponsor form is marked ‘received’ 

is this the same for everyone? 

The waiting is so frustrating!! 

thanks 🙂

Hey all! 

Just a quick one to let everyone know, that after applying on 21/6/19, I recieved an RFI this morning for police clearance from various countries, health check, and form 80.

Funnily enough I had my medical done yesterday and applied for my police certs last week, so pretty good timing. Happy to see some movement, unforutnate I didnt do all of this one week earlier!

I applied from Bali while on holiday, we're using an australian immigration agent, and in Australia on a bridging visa (not linked to our 309/100 application).

Happy to be added to the spreadsheet, and also happy to help set it up in google sheets like in other channels so that it is a live doc and can be edited by approved people...just putting it out there!

Glad to see some movement, but aware that after submitting this information I may still be waiting a while...

Edited by sbrowne9

26 minutes ago, sbrowne9 said:

Hey all! 

Just a quick one to let everyone know, that after applying on 21/6/19, I recieved an RFI this morning for police clearance from various countries, health check, and form 80.

Funnily enough I had my medical done yesterday and applied for my police certs last week, so pretty good timing. Happy to see some movement, unforutnate I didnt do all of this one week earlier!

I applied from Bali while on holiday, we're using an australian immigration agent, and in Australia on a bridging visa (not linked to our 309/100 application).

Happy to be added to the spreadsheet, and also happy to help set it up in google sheets like in other channels so that it is a live doc and can be edited by approved people...just putting it out there!

Glad to see some movement, but aware that after submitting this information I may still be waiting a while...

Because your application was lodged in Bali, won't it be processed in Jakarta?

3 minutes ago, SpaintoAus said:

Because your application was lodged in Bali, won't it be processed in Jakarta?

I don't know to be honest; my RFI has no details on it other than the case officers first name, Position Number, and 'Department of Home Affairs'. I won't post the details for obvious privacy reasons. I'm not sure how the applications are divided by office, either by passport (which would mean London), place applied from (Jakarta), or where the MA who submitted the application is (Australia, but doubt it's this option). I did ask about that previously, but nobody has been able to give me an explaination!

4 minutes ago, sbrowne9 said:

I don't know to be honest; my RFI has no details on it other than the case officers first name, Position Number, and 'Department of Home Affairs'. I won't post the details for obvious privacy reasons. I'm not sure how the applications are divided by office, either by passport (which would mean London), place applied from (Jakarta), or where the MA who submitted the application is (Australia, but doubt it's this option). I did ask about that previously, but nobody has been able to give me an explaination!

As far as I know, it is based on where you lodged the application, not your passport. Therefore, yours should be processed in Indonesia, but it won't be London that's for sure 🙂 

Edited by SpaintoAus
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, EsBear said:

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to check something - my visa application (as the applicant) instantly was marked ‘submitted’

thanks 🙂

My application (as the applicant) was submitted 14th June 2019 & it still says "Application Status - Received".

Have you got separate immi accounts? My wife (the sponsor) is on the same immi account / application  as myself.

3 hours ago, Neill said:

My application (as the applicant) was submitted 14th June 2019 & it still says "Application Status - Received".

Have you got separate immi accounts? My wife (the sponsor) is on the same immi account / application  as myself.

Mine (the applicant) also says "received", whilst my partner's (the sponsor) says "submitted". He applied through a separate account which is linked together with mine (I believe that's the new way of submitting Form 80).

• Like 1

Just to update all that we received our 309 and 100 on Wednesday! 🥳 Literally on our way to the airport!! 
good luck to everyone still waiting. Hoping they do lots more before Christmas xx

(applied 03/03/19

married 7 years 

2 kids with Aussie passports

frontloaded)

• Congratulations 2

On 12/12/2019 at 17:58, EsBear said:

Hi everyone,

thanks 🙂

Ours is the opposite way around. I am the sponsor and mine shows as 'submitted' and my partner is the applicant as his shows as 'received'

And yes the waiting is ridiculous!!