Hi Everyone,

Apologies if this has been asked before but I'm unable to find an answer.

My Application is for a 309/100 visa (my wife and daughter are both Australians),

My agent submitted the application on the 14th June 2019 with all the necessary information being uploaded at the same time.

I can see a lot of people have also submitted an Australian police checks for their sponsors.. Is this correct & is this something my wife needs to do as our agent hasn't requested for it.

However I really do have doubts about the company we used as I was informed today when at my medical that my names had been entered incorrectly on the system 😕

Any help would be appreciated so as to avoid any delays later in the process.

So we lodged our application March 4, and my husband and I travelled to Australia at the end of March - he has been here on an eVisitor visa, having to leave every 3 months for a quick visa run to NZ. Way back in June we applied for a bridging visa so that he could stay until the 309/100 was granted but we were told he was not eligible for it because the 309 was lodged offshore. A couple of weeks ago we got an email saying he had been granted the bridging visa anyway, which becomes active in early Jan (on the date he was supposed to leave for his next NZ visa run) - meaning he can now stay in Aus until the 309 is granted (he will have to leave for the grant). They also put no conditions on it, which i think means he has full work rights! So it's not the 309/100 grant but I'm not complaining 🙂

3 hours ago, SpaintoAus said:

So we lodged our application March 4, and my husband and I travelled to Australia at the end of March - he has been here on an eVisitor visa, having to leave every 3 months for a quick visa run to NZ. Way back in June we applied for a bridging visa so that he could stay until the 309/100 was granted but we were told he was not eligible for it because the 309 was lodged offshore. A couple of weeks ago we got an email saying he had been granted the bridging visa anyway, which becomes active in early Jan (on the date he was supposed to leave for his next NZ visa run) - meaning he can now stay in Aus until the 309 is granted (he will have to leave for the grant). They also put no conditions on it, which i think means he has full work rights! So it's not the 309/100 grant but I'm not complaining 🙂

Wow, that sounds seriously weird - I didn't even know you could apply for a bridging visa.  Lucky you!

• Like 1

A police check that I had for a child. It was a typo on the surname leaving a letter out. I uploaded the correct form stating this typo. A form 80 and a 3rd request to state I wasn't in America for a year. My head is well and truly away now. I am beside myself here it's soul destroying. Also my father in-law passed away and right up until the last day with him he kept asking if my visa has arrived. I don't even have a parking ticket. This is nutts! 

Ps thanks @Maricota and @PerthLondonGirl89 it's not been an easy process for me xx

Oh no im so sorry to hear about father in law. I understand the anxiousness about this visa

its such a complex process. So annoying

i hope you manage to upload everything and thats the end of rfis for you

im sure they just need the last info  before granting your visa. They are quite fussy!!

update us when visa comes! @mppc

Edited by Maricota
  • Thanks 1

@SmileyD I'm so frustrated, I filled out the paperwork for the error in name almost a year ago when I noticed. I have explained 3 times I was in America for one week. I don't know how much clearer I can be. Now to complete form 80 again. Honest I can't understand why they are not accepting the information I have provided. This is really upsetting I just don't believe I will ever get it 😭

@mppc sorry fo you loss.

It WILL come so have faith. You may be doubting the process but it WILL happen and will  be all that sweeter when it does knowing the difficulty and frustration you are feeling now. Positive thinking !! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mppc said:

Sitting here in tears tying this, another request for more information. I actually am a breaking point here 😭

Sorry you are having a hard time.  Fingers crossed its good news as an early Christmas present for you.  I really appreciate your spreadsheet - it's so helpful and it seems so unfair to see your name in amongst a sea of green.  Stay strong.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mppc said:

@SmileyD I'm so frustrated, I filled out the paperwork for the error in name almost a year ago when I noticed. I have explained 3 times I was in America for one week. I don't know how much clearer I can be. Now to complete form 80 again. Honest I can't understand why they are not accepting the information I have provided. This is really upsetting I just don't believe I will ever get it 😭

I can’t remember but are you in oz on a 600? If so it might be worth writing to your local member of parliament to explain you’ve been asked for the same info 3 times. With any luck they will follow up and someone will look into it and realise it’s all there. To me that’s just poor. They’ve not looked at all your paper work properly. Maybe wait for the new year and if nothing write to them. Not sure what you could do if outside oz though. 

I didn’t do a form 80 so I’m thinking I should get onto that. I wasn’t sure if I needed this. 

• Like 1

Thank you so much everyone - third time lucky maybe! Just to finish a few little dates on the form 80 and im good to go. I would deff complete the form if you have not yet @SmileyD Im in Australia at the min.  We have been here from July waiting and I need to leave on the 15th November as my holiday visa will run out.  Sick with worry but pushing on to a hopeful grant and quick response.  Failing that i will be heading home or I will try for another grant although the luck im having at the min im very reluctant to try for it 😞 deep breaths im trying not to have a nervous breakdown lol

• Like 1

Hello,

I am Australian, husband is English. I am about to move back to start the new school year. Really hopeful that we are processed soonish. Timeline as follows:

Applied from England 

309/100 application submitted front loaded (no agent) -  25th March 2019 

Police Checks -  both Australian and British uploaded April 2019

Medical in London -  complete 26th April 2019 

RFI - Not heard anything 

Good luck to you all!

On 04/12/2019 at 08:58, SpaintoAus said:

I’ve never heard of them doing bridging visas for offshore applications before.  Well done on that fluke!!!!!