1 hour ago, Poppysunday said:

Just letting everyone know I got my visitor visa 600 granted today! Just had my email. 

12 months stay from each date of arrival. Took 10 working days from applying. 

Flying out to Sydney early feb! 

Congrats! We are applying this weekend too. Hoping we get something more then 3 months. Mind if I ask what kind of evidence you provided? 

1 hour ago, SmileyD said:

Congrats! We are applying this weekend too. Hoping we get something more then 3 months. Mind if I ask what kind of evidence you provided? 

Bank statement showing savings (circa 6k)

credit card funds availability 

letter from me explaining stay

letter from partner (Aussie)

letter from my in laws advising we were staying with them for free etc 

my passport, my partners aussie and British passport (he’s dual) and my daughters Aussie citizenship and passport 

really easy application and we put exact days of a year x

• Like 1

congrats @Poppysunday I'm applying for ours tomorrow, nearly done with this 19 page application, ahh lol. Haven't got to the end yet, so this question might be a bit premature.

Do you attach the documents after you submit it - similar to the spouse one?

I just saw someone get refused a visitor visa because of lack of ties to their home country. 
im about to submit our application but it doesn’t ask for anything like that. Has anyone else provided proof of ties or anything like that? 

would rather address it somehow now before we submit. 

13 hours ago, ErinM said:

congrats @Poppysunday I'm applying for ours tomorrow, nearly done with this 19 page application, ahh lol. Haven't got to the end yet, so this question might be a bit premature.

Do you attach the documents after you submit it - similar to the spouse one?

I just attached them before I submitted the application. Did it all in one. There wasn’t a particular place I just uploaded them under the nessesary documents tab x

6 hours ago, SmileyD said:

I just saw someone get refused a visitor visa because of lack of ties to their home country. 
im about to submit our application but it doesn’t ask for anything like that. Has anyone else provided proof of ties or anything like that? 

would rather address it somehow now before we submit. 

Yeah it won’t ask for anything it’s up to you to prove it in your supporting documents. 

I have a job here, we have a child and family here too but I didn’t really go into it much. 

I guess it really depends on the individual processing your application 

I've just submitted my husbands 600 application...fingers crossed!!

I uploaded:

• Scan of his passport (just checking did you get these certified? I just uploaded coloured scans?)
  • Drivers licence 
  • Marriage certificate 
  • Also letter from me saying I would financially support him in Oz etc and that we were both aware of the visa conditions that he cannot work in any manner and will leave the country when his visa expires.
  • I also attached a letter from my cousin who lives in Oz offering for us all to stay in hers free of charge and that she would also financially support us.
  • Credit card statements showing available balances
  • Savings account statement
  • My Australian passport
  • Kids Australian passports,
  • Kids Australian citizenship certificates

I gave up at that stage lol

We have flights booked for January 14th 2020, so fingers crossed, as I think I might of left it a bit tight! With Christmas period coming up.

Edited by ErinM
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, ErinM said:

I've just submitted my husbands 600 application...fingers crossed!!

I uploaded:

• Scan of his passport (just checking did you get these certified? I just uploaded coloured scans?)
  • Drivers licence 
  • Marriage certificate 
  • Also letter from me saying I would financially support him in Oz etc and that we were both aware of the visa conditions that he cannot work in any manner and will leave the country when his visa expires.
  • I also attached a letter from my cousin who lives in Oz offering for us all to stay in hers free of charge and that she would also financially support us.
  • Credit card statements showing available balances
  • Savings account statement
  • My Australian passport
  • Kids Australian passports,
  • Kids Australian citizenship certificates

I gave up at that stage lol

We have flights booked for January 14th 2020, so fingers crossed, as I think I might of left it a bit tight! With Christmas period coming up.

Good luck @ErinM hope it comes through in time.
We put our in today. 

Can someone confirm that if you apply for a 309 visa from the UK, it is processed by a case office in the UK? Or is still processed in Australia? Sounds obvious but as the log in times on the IMMI website refer to Australian times, this is where my uncertainty comes from.

any sensible answers appreciated, I have given myself enough silly replies already. 

Thanks

Damian

13 hours ago, DamoC said:

Can someone confirm that if you apply for a 309 visa from the UK, it is processed by a case office in the UK? Or is still processed in Australia? Sounds obvious but as the log in times on the IMMI website refer to Australian times, this is where my uncertainty comes from.

any sensible answers appreciated, I have given myself enough silly replies already. 

Thanks

Damian

As far as I know applications lodged in the UK are processed in the UK. 

• Like 1

@Scotmeetssyd huge congrats!!!

@PerthLondonGirl89 i already got my visa granted 2 weeks ago i think!! And i think @mppc also did? 

Its so much going on with the move that im loosing track

im sure Feb and March are next now!! 

I was at the Australian house yesterday doing my daughters passport and couldnt help but look around and think who was the officer that gave me my grant ha!! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Maricota said:

@Scotmeetssyd huge congrats!!!

@PerthLondonGirl89 i already got my visa granted 2 weeks ago i think!! And i think @mppc also did? 

I was at the Australian house yesterday doing my daughters passport and couldnt help but look around and think who was the officer that gave me my grant ha!! 

Wooooops I am losing track too!! But that's even better then - less in the queue and you guys can relax and start that next chapter!

Haha eyeing them all up! As long as they looked busy sorting out grants 😛

I walked passed there today on the way to work and said a little thank you.

[mention=277358]Scotmeetssyd[/mention] huge congrats!!!
[mention=275250]PerthLondonGirl89[/mention] i already got my visa granted 2 weeks ago i think!! And i think [mention=274337]mppc[/mention] also did? 
  • Like 1