Hello everyone! I've been lurking in the background 👀 but have been finding this forum so useful I thought I'd say hi!

I am the sponsor (Aussie, been living in UK for 9 years), my partner is British and the applicant. We've been together 4 years and we are currently in Australia travelling in a 4WD in our tent (basically doing a RECCE for where we want to live once the Visa comes through).

Applied in April the week before the sponsor change came in and fully loaded everything up front. Been great to see some movement and am so happy for the 2018 applicants to be going through finally! 

We just applied for the 600 visa (in Australia) while we were here as we decided to keep travelling while we wait for the 309 - it was granted in just 4 days! (If only the partner ones were so quick!). 

Look forward to seeing more Feb apps go through......then March..... then us!!!! Fingers Crossed for everyone!

Hi everyone! I'm so glad I found this forum, it's super helpful 🙂

I applied for 309 visa 21st May 2019 from Spain, visa processed in London.

Medicals done 5th September, police checks uploaded in September as well. Applied with the agent, but haven't heard anything at all since lodging the application.

Currently in Australia on e-Visitor visa 651.

Good luck everyone and keeping my fingers crossed for everyone here! 🙂

4 minutes ago, Aussiebird said:

Oh long story, but too complicated for a RRV so was advise by a MA to apply for another partner visa. 

Was asking as im Currently in the appeals process as I was refused for my partner visa 4 weeks after application was submitted. Embassy didn’t receive over 60 documents my agent attached to the application so rather than contact me or agent they refused the application. Been 16 months now so fingers crossed will hear something in the new year. 
we went appeal route as felt been unfairly dealt with. Lots of evidence can be supplied  fault with there system caused our refusal and also referring to me as a she and her throughout the rejection letter  felt we had a good case through appeal. 

Been longest 16 months of waiting. 

10 hours ago, Ben34uk said:

Was asking as im Currently in the appeals process as I was refused for my partner visa 4 weeks after application was submitted. Embassy didn’t receive over 60 documents my agent attached to the application so rather than contact me or agent they refused the application. Been 16 months now so fingers crossed will hear something in the new year. 
we went appeal route as felt been unfairly dealt with. Lots of evidence can be supplied  fault with there system caused our refusal and also referring to me as a she and her throughout the rejection letter  felt we had a good case through appeal. 

Been longest 16 months of waiting. 

Oh that's awful!! How  frustrating,  sounds like you have a good case though, but still waiting 16 months on.....why is the appeal taking so long? I hope you have a good outcome.  

Dear members,

Please do not forget to press "I confirm I have provided information as requested" button once you have submitted all of your documents.

If you have been requested to provide addtional documents, do press this button again once you have uploaded requested documents

Hi everyone!! 

Congrats to all the recent grants, and all the best to everyone waiting....I know it's tough...

New poster to this particular thread, and I have a question which may have already been anwsered before but I couldn't find it. As mentioned in this channel name, 'applied for in London', does anyone know if there is a 'high risk' and 'low risk' catagory for applications which determines processing time like it does with other visas? Does location of application matter, or is passport country more important?

We applied June of this year from Bali (Irish passport, aussie MA, hence the Q above), so still quite a bit of waiting left for us, but can't help but look at the forum every so often! 

Hi everyone

New to the group, although it's been helping keep me sane over the last few months! Thanks for that guys, particularly love the excel tracker! 

There's one thing that keeps coming up that's worrying me. The "I confirm I have provided information as requested" button has never ever appeared on our application. There was an error message for months stating this on the log in screen, it said it was a known error and not to worry that a case offer could still see the documents. 

But after reading about the case where a spouse visa was rejected because these documents could be seen, has still got me worrying about it!

Timeline, applied in March 19, medical done in April, still no response. 

Has anyone else experience of not seeing this button? It still says that the documents are "received" as the status beside them? 

We are heading out in January, so about to apply for one of the 12 month tourist visas.

Never have I experienced so much stress over forms and waiting in my life!

Good afternoon from WA. Just thought we’d introduce ourselves and say hi. I’m the sponsor, (PR) been back in WA since June, (after 3 yrs back in the U.K.) my wife the applicant joined me and my 2 girls (Oz citizens) in Aug with my step daughter. 

Applied in April 2019, no contact and just hoping that we get some news in the new year. Been great watching the post develop and get closer to our timeline, but looking forward to some news in the new year so we can get on with life. 

Has anyone else found it this hard as the processing time extends out. More so on my wife with the uncertainty of when a grant may happen, being over here on a 600 extended tourist visa not being able to work and wanting to plan for next year. 

Just keep them posts coming as it does give us hope 🤞 

11 hours ago, ErinM said:

Ah! Thanks for the response @Flaire. So am I right in thinking as I've not had a RFI that this wouldn't appear for me then?

It's been wrecking my head continually trying to find it....it definately doesn't exist for me lol 

I got really worried by this too! But I also couldn't find the button, so am happy enough to take @Flaire's response 🙂 We haven't yet had an RFI, and submitted in July 2019.

How does the 600 work in terms of how long they give you? Is it just whatever they feel like granting? We are thinking of going for it but if they only give us 3 months it wouldn’t really help if the 300 isn’t granted before it expires. He would have to give up his job and house if coming over for that long so if he had to go back again it would just be another inconvenience lol. 

Applying for a 600 visa this weekend, so we can head to Australia for the kids to start school in January.

I have a job offer (the Australian) My husband wont work until the spouse visa is approved - he will settle kids in school etc.

Just checking with others that have applied, is it the tourist stream, or sponsored family stream option I need to apply for?

Thanks in advance (if anyone replies lol)

2 hours ago, ErinM said:

Applying for a 600 visa this weekend, so we can head to Australia for the kids to start school in January.

I have a job offer (the Australian) My husband wont work until the spouse visa is approved - he will settle kids in school etc.

Just checking with others that have applied, is it the tourist stream, or sponsored family stream option I need to apply for?

Thanks in advance (if anyone replies lol)

I personally went for tourist stream as i think sponsored takes longer/requires a lot more evidence from sponsor and could include a security bond  (but i could be wrong). 

@SmileyD in application it states whether you want 3.6.12 months. If you tick 12 months then explain in letter why, key dates etc. they may issue 12 month with condition of multiple entry but with max 3 month stay each time for example. That condition seems to be at their discretion. 

Edited by GRS
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GRS said:

I personally went for tourist stream as i think sponsored takes longer/requires a lot more evidence from sponsor and could include a security bond  (but i could be wrong). 

@SmileyD in application it states whether you want 3.6.12 months. If you tick 12 months then explain in letter why, key dates etc. they may issue 12 month with condition of multiple entry but with max 3 month stay each time for example. That condition seems to be at their discretion. 

There is no place where you select 3,6 or 12 months on the tourist 600 application. Only dates you plan to be in and fly out of Australia 

7 hours ago, SmileyD said:

How does the 600 work in terms of how long they give you? Is it just whatever they feel like granting? We are thinking of going for it but if they only give us 3 months it wouldn’t really help if the 300 isn’t granted before it expires. He would have to give up his job and house if coming over for that long so if he had to go back again it would just be another inconvenience lol. 

We applied 600 tourist stream with evidence of my wife joining me as I had started a new job and we wanted to be together as a new family with my daughters from previous, and for her to explore and do tourist stuff whilst I was at work. Provided bank statements with savings and stated we would be living if my wage in our rented house. Was granted 6 months which expires when she goes back to U.K. in Feb to see family. Plan is to see where we are as we approach a year, and then apply again for another tourist visa or ETA. 

My understanding is that even if you have a 6 month tourist granted, when they come to grant the 309, they would ask you to leave so it can be granted. 

Hope this helps