You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Robe

Shipping back to the UK

Moving back to the UK and looking to ship some of my belongings.

Been a UK citizen does anyone know if I need to apply for the TOR clearance thing??

Thanks for any help

Yes you do. You have to have been outside the UK for 12 months I think for it to be required. There is a useful thread as a sticky on this site. Have all your docs uploaded and ready to go as you cannot save and exit the form. It’s a HMRC form so a bit of a pain but takes about 20 mins. 

The thread on here is from when it first came out so it has changed a bit since then. Make sure your attachments are low res, very limited attachment size allowed. When you submit it you should get an instant response saying they have received it, if you don’t then your attachments are probably too big.

Good luck. It’s a pain but if you sit down with all your info to hand and then shut the door on distractions you can get it done. If you are shipping an animal remember to put “live animal” in the subject line (I didn’t and had to go chasing them and resubmitting). I arrived back in the UK 29th June and it was fine with getting the cat in. My stuff is due early august, see how that goes.😀

Thank you, 

I’ll get it done, it’s mostly my tools and a few clothes.