Victoria 190 visa INVITATION

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, dodagatta said:

3weeks in total

Hi , wow that's quick. 

I am entering week 12 and not heard anything yet, no invitation as yet. I have googled loads and cannot find much information about Victoria invitations recently for my occupation 251111. I wonder if they  are still catching up from the pre-1 July delays. So still hopeful . 

Hi , wow that's quick. 
I am entering week 12 and not heard anything yet, no invitation as yet. I have googled loads and cannot find much information about Victoria invitations recently for my occupation 251111. I wonder if they  are still catching up from the pre-1 July delays. So still hopeful . 
The wait if awful isn't it!

11 minutes ago, JetBlast said:
51 minutes ago, WizardofOz2018 said:
Hi , wow that's quick. 

The wait if awful isn't it!

Indeed. We feel like we have put our life on hold. But lots of people - hundreds and thousands over the years have been through the process and it teaches you patience, in so many ways. 

Hang in there, I'm sure it will come to pass soon. 

Have a great week. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 02/08/2018 at 04:01, WizardofOz2018 said:

So I received my invitation to apply today, so pleased, just on 12 weeks. Now the next phase begins. This forum is so useful in understanding the process and seeing others in similar situations. Thank you. 

After recent issue of banning immigrants in cities like sydney and melbourne and bribane ... my question is are people recieving invitations for victoria state???? coz i have applied but i dont know if i ll recieve , one month just passed....anyways my points 70 and if victoria state nominate me then 75

please please reply

1 hour ago, Kfc said:

After recent issue of banning immigrants in cities like sydney and melbourne and bribane ... my question is are people recieving invitations for victoria state???? coz i have applied but i dont know if i ll recieve , one month just passed....anyways my points 70 and if victoria state nominate me then 75

please please reply

What on earth do you mean? No one has banned immigrants from Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane, or anywhere else for that matter!

On 02/08/2018 at 09:01, WizardofOz2018 said:

So I received my invitation to apply today, so pleased, just on 12 weeks. Now the next phase begins. This forum is so useful in understanding the process and seeing others in similar situations. Thank you. 

Congratulations! When you submitted an EOI did you also lodge an application to liveinmelbourne.com.au straight away? Or you waited for an invitation first?

11 hours ago, Spring onion said:

Congratulations! When you submitted an EOI did you also lodge an application to liveinmelbourne.com.au straight away? Or you waited for an invitation first?

Thanks, we are working with a migration agent and so I have little knowledge of the application process really _ I waited for the invitation then did the visa lodgement (actual application), that was about a month after the invitation as completed document collation and filled in form 80. I’ve now been waiting almost 3 months for case officer to be assigned. Then it will hopefully be health/medical checks, police checks and grant. That’s still months away... it’s a long waiting process believe me. 

I’ve decided to wait for each step. 

Hooe this helps. 

• 1 month later...
On 26/11/2018 at 07:30, WizardofOz2018 said:

Thanks, we are working with a migration agent and so I have little knowledge of the application process really _ I waited for the invitation then did the visa lodgement (actual application), that was about a month after the invitation as completed document collation and filled in form 80. I’ve now been waiting almost 3 months for case officer to be assigned. Then it will hopefully be health/medical checks, police checks and grant. That’s still months away... it’s a long waiting process believe me. 

I’ve decided to wait for each step. 

Hooe this helps. 

Any luck?

We received an invitation by Vic State in Oct 2018 - we did the police report request, form 80 and relevant skills assessment (Physiotherapist) prior to submitting the 190 visa. Our 190 visa application was submitted in Nov 8 2018.

Within a week, health assessment requirements were complete (NOTE: I did not receive a request for Health/Medical check, I found the request while browsing thru Aus immi account under application details). I also check to see if all my police reports were received by Aus Immigration - which they were.

Its been 2 months and from the sound of things - i'll be another 3-4 months until  I hear from them. 

On 31/07/2018 at 05:40, WizardofOz2018 said:

Hi , wow that's quick. 

Hi Wizard, 

I applied on the day applications for nomination re-opened (2nd July 2018). I received my nomination from the Vic government on 29th August 2018 and was invited to apply through skill select on 30th August 2018. 

190 application was submitted on 10th September 2018 (I had to wait for my UK police check to arrive in the post). 190 visa granted December 3rd, 2018 - exactly 12 weeks from the date of submission.

I suspect you may also have your visa now but I thought this may be useful info if not. 

• Congratulations 1

On 10/01/2019 at 23:32, nigelhooley said:

Hi Wizard, 

I applied on the day applications for nomination re-opened (2nd July 2018). I received my nomination from the Vic government on 29th August 2018 and was invited to apply through skill select on 30th August 2018. 

190 application was submitted on 10th September 2018 (I had to wait for my UK police check to arrive in the post). 190 visa granted December 3rd, 2018 - exactly 12 weeks from the date of submission.

I suspect you may also have your visa now but I thought this may be useful info if not. 

Nigel,

Congrats.

I am 9 weeks in.

Ready to pop off the champagne bottle.  

Hi all, I am new to this forum, so can anyone advise on my SC189/190/489 EOI profile, with no work experience!. My points breakdown, as follows; 

(All other criteria rightly in place) ;-

Age (30 points), Education - Masters (15 points), Superior English PTE A - 90/90 (20 points), Skills Assessment - Positive, Overall: 65 points WITHOUT SS.

ANZSCO Code: 233512 (Mechanical Engineer), EOI Lodged for SC189, SC190, SC489.

EOI Date Of Effect (DOE): 17 December 2018.
Looking forward to SC189/190/489 Nominations from NSW & Victoria.!

If someone could clarify / suggest these for me please - a) Effectively evaluating my 100% chances of early invitations for all 3 Subclasses, b) Invitation Timelines for NSW / Victoria & other States.

Also, as anguishing as it may sound, my MARA Migration Agent has chosen "ANY" against the "States" column, instead of being more EOI Specific (if you know what I exactly mean). Kindly advise whether or not this affects my application. Hope not, God willing!. 

Feeling slightly concerned much. 
Thanks so much well in advance. Greatly appreciated indeed. Cheers! 🙂 🙂

22 minutes ago, SS8 said:
Hi all, I am new to this forum, so can anyone advise on my SC189/190/489 EOI profile, with no work experience!. My points breakdown, as follows; 

(All other criteria rightly in place) ;-

Age (30 points), Education - Masters (15 points), Superior English PTE A - 90/90 (20 points), Skills Assessment - Positive, Overall: 65 points WITHOUT SS.

ANZSCO Code: 233512 (Mechanical Engineer), EOI Lodged for SC189, SC190, SC489.

EOI Date Of Effect (DOE): 17 December 2018.
Looking forward to SC189/190/489 Nominations from NSW & Victoria.!

If someone could clarify / suggest these for me please - a) Effectively evaluating my 100% chances of early invitations for all 3 Subclasses, b) Invitation Timelines for NSW / Victoria & other States.

Also, as anguishing as it may sound, my MARA Migration Agent has chosen "ANY" against the "States" column, instead of being more EOI Specific (if you know what I exactly mean). Kindly advise whether or not this affects my application. Hope not, God willing!. 

Feeling slightly concerned much. 
Thanks so much well in advance. Greatly appreciated indeed. Cheers! 🙂 🙂

Nothing to do with God, its to do with the Immigration Dept.

Firstly selecting "any" is not recommended. Victoria in particular dislike anyone who has applied to multiple states s it shows no commitment. NT rarely grant 190 for the same reason. 

I assume your agent has ensured that you meet the specific requirements for all the states/territories? And are you prepared to live in any state/territory?

And finally please don't multi-post,it confuses and annoys people as we do not want to post the same reply in several threads.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kfc said:

Hello, 

Bro i have also 70 points both categories (189) and (190) in software engineering/ web developer. Eoi Applied in 1 nov 2018... my real date of effect is july 2018... please guide

Hasan

You can't have 70 in both. You get 5 extra points for the 190 so you might have 5 extra points for that.

On 12/01/2019 at 17:58, Nemesis said:

Nothing to do with God, its to do with the Immigration Dept.

Firstly selecting "any" is not recommended. Victoria in particular dislike anyone who has applied to multiple states s it shows no commitment. NT rarely grant 190 for the same reason. 

I assume your agent has ensured that you meet the specific requirements for all the states/territories? And are you prepared to live in any state/territory?

And finally please don't multi-post,it confuses and annoys people as we do not want to post the same reply in several threads.

Hi There, 

I submitted for 190-Vic and 489 SA for ICT Project Manager and received invitation for 489 SA in Jan 2019. does this mean that Victoria will not consider my 190 application because I applied for SA as well and they have accepted the EOI? 

I applied 190 Vic. with 70 points om 12-Oct-18 and on 12-Nov-18 my points were increased by 5points (experience) now my 190 Vic EOI shows 75 points with effect from 12-Nov-2018. I am still waiting for invitation for 190. 

Meanwhile I submitted EOI for 489 SA on 6-Dec-2018 and received invitation from SA on 7-Jan-2019 (exactly after 1 month). I need to lodged my 489-SA before 9-Mar-2019. 

Now I am confused to go ahead with 489-SA or should wait for 190-Vic considering there are more benefits in 190. 

if I consider my 12-Nov-18 submission date for 190-Vic, it's been 9 weeks this includes Christmas vacation as well. I don't know how many days or week should I exclude from 9 weeks. 

Can anybody tell me how many days they are closed for Christmas? and how long should I wait? considering I have to lodged my 489-SA before 9-Mar-2019.

Hey Guys

I need some help, with Victoria 190.

I submitted EOI for 190 Victoria in June with 65 points, and as my profession is non ICT, i had to fill out nomination which i did on 24th Sept.

Meanwhile I had also submitted EOI for 489 SA with 70 points in july and received invite on 8th October.

Now, i have always wanted to go to Victoria but since i heard nothing from them and also my invite from SA was expiring I filed my Visa application 489SA on 7th December, after waiting as much as i could for Victoria. done PCC and health assessment as well, paid the fees.

Fast forward to January 23rd and I get an Invite from Victoria (190)as well.

And as stated Victoria was always my first choice as for my profession Melbourne is the best city. 

Now I want to know if I can lodge another visa application (yes i will have to pay the hefty fees again), but considering its a permanent visa (190) and i wont have to buy my own health insurance and pay for 887 after 2 years of stay in SA, I am thinking of withdrawing my 489(SA) application and lodge 190(Vic).

Please advice.

1 hour ago, Anvita.b said:

Hey Guys

I submitted EOI for 190 Victoria in June with 65 points, and as my profession is non ICT, i had to fill out nomination which i did on 24th Sept.

Meanwhile I had also submitted EOI for 489 SA with 70 points in july and received invite on 8th October.

Now, i have always wanted to go to Victoria but since i heard nothing from them and also my invite from SA was expiring I filed my Visa application 489SA on 7th December, after waiting as much as i could for Victoria. done PCC and health assessment as well, paid the fees.

And as stated Victoria was always my first choice as for my profession Melbourne is the best city. 

Now I want to know if I can lodge another visa application (yes i will have to pay the hefty fees again), but considering its a permanent visa (190) and i wont have to buy my own health insurance and pay for 887 after 2 years of stay in SA, I am thinking of withdrawing my 489(SA) application and lodge 190(Vic).

Please advice.

Hey, congratulation on your invitation from Victoria. Yes, its perfectly fine to lodge another application. Friend of mine did the same. Lodge your 190 first and then withdraw your 489 after that. 

Edited by garrychandi

On 25/01/2019 at 16:39, Anvita.b said:

Hey Guys

Please advice.

Congrats to you on 190 ! 

I am sailing the same boat... I got invitation for 489 - SA and I am waiting for 190 Vic its been more than 12 weeks for 190 and my 489 will expire by 9 -Mar 19, 

I have the same plan as yours to apply for 489 and in between if I get 190... I will prefer 190. 

just wanted to know from you what do you mean by you filled out nomination in Sept after submitting EOI in June for 190?

I have applied for a 190 visa as cook with work experience . I have all documents (pay slips, bank statements, reference letter from the employer, contract, work-related correspondence, Notice of Assessments from the ATO, Income Tax Returns, Group Certificates) to support work evidence however, I do not have superannuation statement.I need a suggestion whether these documents are enough for the case officer to prove the work experience or does he still need superannuation statement. Thank you in advance.

@Skhush Victoria changed rules in september 2018, regarding nomination process.

for non ICT profession, the new process is to file for nomination and then wait for Victoria to grant you the nomination and then file the EOI (within 4 months of getting the nomination). But if you have already filed EOI, you will get nomination and Invite together. its on the Victoria website. https://liveinmelbourne.vic.gov.au/migrate/skilled-migration-visas/skilled-nominated-visa-subclass-190

I received my Victoria invitation exactly 4 months after filing for nomination. also, for my profession people with 70 points received invite after 2 months, i had 65 points.

So, you might get an invite soon now, depending on your points.