Processing times

kevvo

No it’s not moved on. If you send a blank email with just “test” as the subject to parents@border.gov.au you’ll get an automated reply with processing times. They don’t reply if the date has not moved on since you last emailed. Separate processing times are available online at https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/access-accountability/service-standards/global-visa-citizenship-processing-times and it’s worth following the pinned parents visa thread above for timelines. Things have slowed down dramatically due to increased number of applications in 2015 so I wouldn’t expect contact any time soon for a November application

I wouldn’t bank on it. I’ve been keeping the automated replies and in the first week of January they were assessing applications up till 12 March 2015. Now they are up to 5th May. There’s been the annual end of financial year hold up and it should make a bit more progress in the next 6 months but It seems very unlikely November applicants will have a case officer by the end of the year